Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,611 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC (21677 Views)

Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by chinjo(m): 11:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
Goodbishop: How much is d price of d new plate in exchange of d old one.
it difers from state to state. FRSC produces and sell to states who will then decide how much they will sell to the public through their various state boards of internal revenue.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by chinjo(m): 11:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
ARES:
Of all the issues being raised, it that of the police that will deal with people..... Lets say u get the new plate number, but on ur car glass and door handles and stuff, u have written ur old number..... Trust me when they catch u on the road with that descrepancy, nothing will stop at least 1k from falling out of ur pocket even though they know exactly why u have 2 numbers
its not a big deal my brother. thats why u need a change of ownership certificate.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by lastpage: 11:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
Policewoman: Una don hear am abi To be forewarned is to be forearmed!!!!!

I guess you're already jumping Up, right? See the rubbish you posted up there?
Crass animal like yourself!
They have created another avenue of corruption for imbecilic Policemen/women of your type!

Shameless eediot, that is how one of you shot an innocent 9yr old boy (Timilehin, in his fathers car!) at ketu.... and ran away like cowardly RATS!

How many Timilehins will you kill this time, if you found out that the "original owner of the vehicle" has inscribed the vehicle "parts" (windows, mirrors,e.t.c() with his original plate numbers, and the new owner has bought a new plate number which will obviously be different to what is etched on the vehicles body-parts?

I guess you will be too dumb and bribe-infested to be able to reason that out!
Ofcourse, all you want is your filthy #200, irrespective of the logic the owner of the car puts forward.

Otherwise, you will shed his/her blood and run away like RATS!
Well, your day is coming, as long as the Lord liveth.

The Blood of the innocent which your types shed will forever remain on their lineage.
We all see the "end" of your Ogas (not to talk of a lowlife like yourself)... One kaput on the wife of another man's wife at Ikorodu (a junior officer like yourself!).

That is what happens to "evil minds" like you.
Those who kill by the sword or destroy others in order to succeed, will have a worse form of death waiting for them as 'sentinel', at the point of their success (and that of their generation/offsprings)

Lastpage!
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by lastpage: 12:06am On Jun 19, 2013
ceasare: ]Atimes i wonder if d people who formulate our policies have senses at all.js because 1 govt top shot thinks he/she can mk more money frm dis new licence& plate nos contract/arrangmnt they hv 2 shove it dwn our throat with out sampling public opinion and trust we d people we just curse and then move on..God dey! And Live goes on.

coded guy: Pls can someone confirm if this our new number plate system to be adopted is practised anywhere in d world.

Let's even know if they are copying a system used in another country, maybe we might understand it better and quicker.

The way FRSC and VIO and the rest will start harrasing people by oct no go get mate. I think its a very cumbersome idea that will not go down well with the way we do things in this country. And when did they add license, I thought the change affected only number plates.

Two of you have hit the nail on the head.
We are being ruled by a bunch of not just kleptomaniacs but clueless Eediots!

NO WHERE IN THE WHOLE WORLD (and l challenge anyone to show me just one country, not even Agfhanistan!) IS THIS TYPE OF MADNESS PRACTICED!

Its only in NIGERIA-NISTAN that you have blind people leading sighted people! angry angry
What would these people not do, just to make a little buck here and there?

*Look at the drivers License that are yapping about, its a chaos and complete failure!
*Look at the National I.D Card scheme? ITS A SCAM of the biggest magnitude (we all read about it in the papers now!)
*Look at the National Census, up till today, we cant even count ourselves. The budget is BIG AND LOOTED!!
*Where is the Voters Register ...or the E-Voting machines they procured for free? Dead on Arrival!
*Where are the computerised record of 'Police Ammunition'? No wonder "accident, dey discharge", everyday! shocked
*Its the same story in any project where the "initiator" stands to make financial benefit!

In countries ruled by people with even a "little sense", this is what happens:

1.) Every NEW CAR is registered on FIRST USE and it maintains that same Registration Number till it is DEAD AND SCRAPPED/CRUSHED.

2.) On first registration, the details are ENTERED on a Computer Database that is "ALWAYS ALIVE" for query, by law enforcement, from anywhere in the "field".!
But we dont even have electricity to power NEPA Offices, talk-less of one database in one Govt Agency like FRSC! grin grin

3.) When you register your car "brand new", you are given a Certificate of Ownership (Log Book, in some countries) which contains ALL THE DETAILS of the Vehicle, including the Name and Address of CURRENT owner.

4.) Space is also created below for the name and address of a NEW OWNER to be inserted, when the car is SOLD to another person.

5.) When you sell your car to somebody, (at the point of final payment/transfer of ownership), you will ask the NEW BUYER to fill the space of New Owner "Name and Address" in your presence.

6.) Both of you will "SIGN" it and you (the Seller) must post the Certificate of Ownership (Log Book) to the Licensing Authority IMMEDIATELY to show that the car is no longer yours and no longer your responsibility.

7.) Within 5-working days (at most), the Licensing Authority MUST issue a NEW CERTIFICATE OF OWNERSHIP in the name of the "New Owner" (now the current owner), with another "empty space for any subsequent buyer, if the new owner wishes to sell at a later date.

8.) The number of "previous owners" is also recorded on that certificate of ownership.

But in all these "transparent transactions", the Vehicle Number remains UNALTERED/UNCHANGED, until the end of the car's life.
With the added benefit of "immediate traceability", as l can easily tell the make, model, year of first "use", State or county of first use, e.t.c, just by looking at that Plate Number!

Can anyone, including this clueless FRSC man, and his "P.R. Machines on Nairaland", tell us whether their "new madness" is better than this?
This is what is used in the U.S, U.K, all over Europe, all over Asia, Russia, e.t.c!

We cant even manufacture one single car! ...and that nitwit thinks he is smarter than all this countries combined?

I weep for a country so blessed, yet led by clueless thieves whose only goal is not to "rule well" but to make Policies whose sole goal is to enrich their pockets.

Thunder fire you, Sunday Maku or what do you call yourself!
angry angry

Lastpage!
BTW: I think we Nigerians are just too foolish and docile (pardon my language please), otherwise, we should be protesting and challenging all these shenanigans cum idiotic policies. But them we focus too much attention on tribal insults while the thieves have a field day! Its gonna get worse, me thinks, if we just swallow it.

2 Likes

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by fanna: 12:19am On Jun 19, 2013
[quote author=Firefire]Fo your information:
Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC

The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) said on Wednesday that the old number plates and the old driver’s licence would expire by Sept. 31

The Sector Commander of the commission in Plateau, Mr Sunday Maku, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Jos.

Maku said that officers and men of the commission would commence enforcement by Oct. 1.

He called on motorists without driver’s licence to obtain one so as to stream into the changes taking place in the society.

He said that the new number plate would reduce criminal activities nationwide, adding that the new system had ``a tremendous advantage over the old ones’’.

“Before, it was possible for you to sell your car with your number plate; but nowadays, number plates are registered in the name of the owner.

“If you want to sell the car, you cannot sell the car with number plate, you have to remove the number plate, the new buyer will have to get his own number in his own name. So, with this system, it becomes very easy to trace criminals that are using number plates for criminal activities.``

He allayed the fears that the process of obtaining the new number plate was cumbersome, and urged those with old ones to come for revalidation. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/120613/ y not change d old one freeee.than new one.....
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by lastpage: 12:47am On Jun 19, 2013
As for Driver's License, this is what happens where the country is ruled by "sighted people" as opposed to blind RBats ruling Nigeria:

1.) You apply online to sit a Driving test. You pay for (or borrow! grin ) the Reading manual and study it properly.

2.) You need to obtain a pass mark of 80% in all the parts ( 2 or 3parts is some countries)

3.) The exam covers all aspects of "driving" (Road Signs, Tax, Insurance, Vehicle Safety, Good driving practices like overtaking, U-Turns, Road positioning, e.t.c, Traffic Signs, Road Markings! shocked , Speed Limits, Junctions and Round-abouts,What not to do (Drugs, Alcohol, Fatigue, Road rage and aggressive behavior while driving wink wink , What to do at scene of accident, How to react to motor cyclist and Cyclist, Respecting other road users and Pedestrians, e.t.c)

3.) You go to a Prometric testing center (like online I.T Exams) and sit for your driving test "exam".
They take your picture there and then and attach it to your "results" (if you pass! grin ) so that you cannot impersonate somebody and same picture will appear on the issued License! wink

4.) You get your "result" INSTANTLY. If you pass, you get a "pass report" immediately.

5.) Take your report to the nearest Driver's license issuing authority nearest to your house (with proof of address/utility Bill, ) fill the form and pay the "VERY SMALL FEE" and in about five working days, you get your PROVISIONAL /LEARNER'S DRIVER'S LICENSE in the post! kiss kiss

The above allows you to drive everywhere except of major Highways. You hold it for TWO YEARS at the minimum.

If you want to Upgrade to a FULL DRIVER's LICENSE: ....Continue! wink

6.) You engage a "Qualified and Registered" Driving Instructor. You pay and register for about 15 lessons (some countries have a minimum number of lesson you MUST do).

7.) The "Instructor" checks and correct "errors" in your driving maneuvers, mannerisms and other issues like "sense of observation, obedience to stop sign (Capital failure, if you dont! shocked ), negotiating roundabout, doing 180-degrees about-turns in just three steps or less!

8.) Finally, you go to a test center to "sit and drive" (not just "sit"wink for the full drivers license test. Takes about 30-Minutes or more of driving around town.

9.) You are taken around various "obstacles" by the test and he "marks you Up/Down" depending on mistakes you make.
Some mistakes are "knockouts" (outright failure! if for example, you fail to stop at a red light or a stop sign! grin ).
Once you have that, just tell the 'tester' you have a "headache" and cant continue because everything after that is a waste of time, you failed already! grin grin

10.) If you passed, CONGRATS! You get a full driver's License, it reduces your insurance premium by more than half!
Yes that is how important it is.
Some jobs demand you have a "full driver's license" if you want to have access to company car!
....and you are good to go. You get your FULL DRIVERS LICENSE IN THE POST in FIVE WORKING DAYS TIME
! kiss kiss

Now, can anyone tell me if what the FRSC does, in that their office! ..has any semblance to all l have stated above?
(The above is TRUE and anyone can bear me out of point it out, if its not true).

*Why cant we adopt same procedure?
*Why must people come to FRSC or VIO office to queue endlessly?
*Why should license be issued to someone who has "NOT STUDIED" properly, how to handle a vehicle?

*WHy do we have same License for a "learner/ rookie" and soemone who has been driving (and driving properly!) for say ten years?
*Why should insurance premium be based on "just your car engine capacity" (they dont even see you at times, so they cant judge your age! wink ... and not how "qualified to drive", you are?

*Why does License issuance take ages (more than a year at times) to ISSUE? Is it "Printer problem, NEPA problem or some Oga-at-the-Top just sitting on it to create chaos and make money off desperate people?

*Why is everything in this country of ours, so horrendous and seemingly convoluted beyond understanding?

*Why do we create "chaos and confusion" where "orderliness and efficiency" is very simple to implement?

*Why is that Sunday maku of a boy not talking about Drivers License application being completed in say 15-working days deadline, but rather hammering on how "they would ENFORCE EXTORT the deadline"?

Can somebody who has "access" to these numskulls in FRSC top echelon "copy and post" this info to them, to make use of?
Its FREE, walahi! I donate the knowledge to my countiri!
grin grin

Honestly, l love my country but we must turn this country around NOW... otherwise, SOMALIA will be a child's play in ten years time.
Bookmark that last sentence, if you will.
"A drum that beats at a very high pitch, is just about to go burst".
Time we tell.
May God help us as w help ourselves FIRST. smiley

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Oluabayomi1(m): 1:05am On Jun 19, 2013
hahahaha! Na Lie otherwise OSITA CHIDOKA don dey craze
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by laughterclub(m): 5:15am On Jun 19, 2013
OK...PEOPLE FEAR DIS COMMISION MORE DAN POLICE N ARMY PPL.WEN A TRANSPORTER SITES DEM,I TEL U D MUST CHANGE DIRECTION OR TRY TO KEEP DEM RULES.BUT PLATE NUMBER NOT NAIJA PROBLEM..CREAT JOBS N MAKE MY YOUTHS LAUGH.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 19, 2013
this anti-mass policy needs another occupy nigeria protest. what are the human right activists are waiting for.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by onyxo76(m): 6:31am On Jun 19, 2013
this FRSC sha... already they are becoming a nuisance on the road,they now have categories of fire extinguishers, the one that has no calibrated gauge is as good as not having one, even when the manufacturer of the non calibrated one says that 'it's ideal for cars, trucks, caravans etc'
Concerning this new plate number, i have a problem moving around with my car because i need to submit the old for 3-4 days before i can get the new one.And showing them evidence that you have submitted the old for the new one which you will get from the same office will still attract a booking...So do i use okada to carry kids to school and back for 3 days? Abeg na only 1 car i get for now....
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by toskut(m): 7:14am On Jun 19, 2013
The info about removing plates after sale of car is very untrue.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by badesco(m): 7:24am On Jun 19, 2013
Our Government is not sincere at all.I support the the driving license change but not vehicle licence change.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 19, 2013
yuzedo:
grin
Correct and therefore this thrash of a release is hereby nulled and voiled and of no effect. Bunch of thieves..
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by akunjohn(m): 9:59am On Jun 19, 2013
Idiats, so if person sell hin moto and he no get
money for another one; na to hang the plate number
for neck na

No,u will sell d plate numba separately.Double moni 4 u.

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by chitexinter: 10:17am On Jun 19, 2013
is it the only way to stop car snarchin. pls oga FRSC be sincere.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by integrityfood: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
instinctg: 30days had september, april, june and november
You just made me laugh taking me back the memory lane - my primary school days when we use to sing that stuf, 30 days has sept, april june &.... novmbr, all d rest has 31 except febry alone which ................ well na dem sabi if they like gon self make them shift d date to 31 april - wrong people in policy making positions
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by ProfessorPeter(m): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
yuzedo:
grin
in FRSC September has 31 days
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by cfola: 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
The bane of our problem is that our government and its arms take decisions affecting the people without consulting the people.

The Nigerian people are the main stakeholders on whatever decision government takes as they are the ones directly affected, the people should be more involved in decision making.

These official are usually appointed to head these positions not because they merit them or are professionals but based on political settlements.

Insofar, we keep putting square pegs in round holes, there wont be way forward for progress for our dear country.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by cfola: 4:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
Professor Peter: in FRSC September has 31 days

You haven't seen anything yet..Government has so confused us, today I still cant say exactly where Zuma Rock is, Abuja or Niger State.

A bank (with staff strength of over 2000) whose name I wont mention here for security reasons had the effrontery to put the Rock on one of our Monies and said it was in the Capital territory, only for us to hear again that Zuma is in Niger state.

Haven't they ever heard "Due diligence and Due care before"..??
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by ekandy(f): 4:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
ceasare: Atimes i wonder if d people who formulate our policies have senses at all.js because 1 govt top shot thinks he/she can mk more money frm dis new licence& plate nos contract/arrangmnt they hv 2 shove it dwn our throat with out sampling public opinion and trust we d people we just curse and then move on..God dey! And Live goes on.
. Naija, the money using to manufacture dis plate number channel the fund to some thing more tangible. To me I don't see big difference btw the news one and they old one
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by gajike: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
flexya:

So if a thief steals ur car, its pointless reporting it on radio/tv or even to the police as it no longer has number plates, which d thief would av immediately removed under s guise of a "recent purchase". Great news for car/parts thiefs. what do these ppl av for brains
no not that way. the vin number will not change. immediately ur car is stolen. report yo police. the police will track it at frcn through the vin number. immediately they input the car vin the details of the new owner and pictures will come out. it will reduce car theft. u can also verify the previous owners of the car u want to buy through frcn so u will not mistakenly buy stolen vehicle.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by fanna: 12:08am On Jun 20, 2013
y not changing old 1 freeee, d new 1....
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by afodimkpa: 2:26am On Jun 20, 2013
[b]Nigerians must put a stop to this new plate number fraud being planned by Osita Chidoka and FRSC. If on the 1st of October the FRSC stops one car owner anywhere in Nigeria, let all other drivers on that road park and abandon their cars on both sides of the road along with the car owner. If this happens on all roads in every state of the country, then the government will do something about it.

Nothing stops the FRSC from gathering the same information it requires by asking car owners to go and update their data at designated centres. This method has been used successfully by the CBN and Nigerian Banks to update customer information nationwide recently. it has also been used by the Telecoms industry on SIM card registration whose deadline has been slated for 30 June 2013. so why cant the FRSC adopt similar method that has been used successfully by banks and Telcos?

This is fraud pure and simple. the N960bn earmarked to be earned for this exercise will definitely be stolen and shared by the looting politicians, FRSC and Osita Chidoka.

Nigerians are interested in knowing who owns the company that will produce the new number plates? who are the contractors and sub contractors? enough is enough, dear citizens, it is our responsibility to stop this planned fraud. We do not have to [/b]embark on violent protest. let us just park our vehicles on the roads all over Nigeria with effect from October 1.

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by lastpage: 6:35am On Jun 20, 2013
^^^^I support you 1000% on that suggestion.

But you know my people now, they will always find excuse to "do nothing and complain all day" angry

On the other hand, l was wondering, if l sell my car and l have to keep the plate number (according to FRSC, it contains my details), then maybe l should be allowed to use the same number plate on any new car l buy after that (l only have to Update the vehicle details like VIN number, make and model).

That would at least reduce the impact.
Or do l have to now decorate my house with various plate numbers, as l have this habit of selling and replacing my car, after 2 or 3-years of usage?

Crase people.

Lastapge!
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by knowledge4(m): 8:14am On Jun 20, 2013
Why should we be paying as much as N25k for new number plate and N13k for driver's licence in this Nigeria?
What kind of improvement resulted to the astronomical increase in driver's licence from N3k to N13k?
Jonathan,where are you?
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by knowledge4(m): 8:15am On Jun 20, 2013
Why should we be paying as much as N25000 for new number plate and N13000 for driver's licence in this Nigeria?
What kind of improvement resulted to the astronomical increase in driver's licence from N3000 to N13000?
Jonathan,where are you?
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by mclaw007: 11:02am On Jun 20, 2013
AK 46 + 1:

September has 30 days. Where did they get September 31 from?

Nice one.............!
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by davou4eva(m): 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
chinjo:
my brother u sure are driving with a fake drivers liscence. no drivers liscence produced by FRSC expires in 2015. They all are to expire by 2014. Pls verify from neighbours and colleagues

Guy, you are very right and i bet them that am not going to renew or get the new driver liscense until this old one expire cos they issue it to me.

Were they blind when they were issuing this to me and fixing the new date for the new driver's liscence taking off.

I bet them na court go settle am should any police or frsc offcials embarrass me.

I rest my case for now.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by davou4eva(m): 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2013
gajike: no not that way. the vin number will not change. immediately ur car is stolen. report yo police. the police will track it at frcn through the vin number. immediately they input the car vin the details of the new owner and pictures will come out. it will reduce car theft. u can also verify the previous owners of the car u want to buy through frcn so u will not mistakenly buy stolen vehicle.

That is, if the data base will be accessible at the time u need it and if not corrupt by then.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by smartg(m): 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
Steal a vehicle today, Remove the plate number and throw it away. Just fix ur own plate number and drive with confidence

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by lastpage: 6:32am On Jun 21, 2013
Honestly, this is just another SCAM invented by someone at FRSC, approved by someone at the Top echelon of Government, with a 50-50 sharing formula.

Nigerians must resist this oppression by all means possible..or forever remain SILENT SLAVES,....in their own fatherland.

Lastpage!
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by reminies(m): 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
For inquiries on the Registration of new number plates, Replacement of old number plates to new number plates, Change of ownership with all documents inclusive i. e. insurance, vehicle licence, road worthiness, MOT, CMR etc. Please call David on 08033856967 or 08182001534. Do not patronise touts and miscreants. Call these numbers too for any tax related issues i. e. MTCC and ETCC cards, self assessment, TIN, Tint permit etc.
David - staff LIRS/MVAA, Lagos.
Don't forget you have until September to get your old number plates replaced, act fast now and avoid the rush.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brake Failure: These Are What To Do When You Have One / Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. / One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.