Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? (11570 Views)

Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 8:35am On Aug 09, 2013
JMAN05:

my brother, like i said before, address my responds one after the other. with that step, our discussions will be meaningful.

if u had done that way, u wouldnt have ran into the problem of responding out of point, just like you did above.

You are quoting the words of Jesus to support that Jesus was not against the law and my "note" above addresses that point that Jesus was not against the law. the law ended AFTER his death. didnt I say so?

my brother, "telos" primary mean "end". the other one is "goal to end" not JUST goal. (exrgetic dictionary of the NT). from the context of that romans, end is the logical word to pick. can you say "I am... the beginning and the 'goal to end (or goal) (telos)'"? rev. 21:6. the context shows that end is the logical word. Strongs 5056: "(to set out for a definite point or goal); properly, the point aimed at as a limit ie (by implication) the conclusion of an act or state...".

basically when something reaches its goal it ends. that is the sense telos convey. so the law points to Christ and ends after his death cos it has fulfilled its purpose. like i said above.

please please and please, attend to my points one after the other just like i did above as this makes for a logical discussion. if not one could omit points
made by the other person.

I have replies to all ur submission, but please follow that format in replying to my comments, so that we will apply reason when making any piece of statement and direct to the issue presented by the other person.

please do.

If the LAW ended after jesus so called death then why did paul and the apostles obey it till the end?

Why is the prophetic priesthooed of ezekiel 44 obeying the commandments and laws of the most high God?

The prophetic kingdom of heaven revealed in prophecy has the TORAH as its constitution and all of scripture attests to this.

You are no prophet else you would have known this

You mr man are the Lawless man. smiley

My advice to the lawless children is to stop the play of words, this is the true sign of the greek or gentile man. just talk for talking sake.

For the jew there has to be closure.

Your play of words is leading you away from the true purpose

Which is to live by the example set before you by Yashua and the apostles

Instead of arguing endlessly about what the words in thier letters mean. smiley

Thier words can never replace the torah dont be fooled

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 8:49am On Aug 09, 2013
JMAN05:

my brother, like i said before, address my responds one after the other. with that step, our discussions will be meaningful.

if u had done that way, u wouldnt have ran into the problem of responding out of point, just like you did above.

You are quoting the words of Jesus to support that Jesus was not against the law and my "note" above addresses that point that Jesus was not against the law. the law ended AFTER his death. didnt I say so?

my brother, "telos" primary mean "end". the other one is "goal to end" not JUST goal. (exrgetic dictionary of the NT). from the context of that romans, end is the logical word to pick. can you say "I am... the beginning and the 'goal to end (or goal) (telos)'"? rev. 21:6. the context shows that end is the logical word. Strongs 5056: "(to set out for a definite point or goal); properly, the point aimed at as a limit ie (by implication) the conclusion of an act or state...".

basically when something reaches its goal it ends. that is the sense telos convey. so the law points to Christ and ends after his death cos it has fulfilled its purpose. like i said above.

please please and please, attend to my points one after the other just like i did above as this makes for a logical discussion. if not one could omit points
made by the other person.

I have replies to all ur submission, but please follow that format in replying to my comments, so that we will apply reason when making any piece of statement and direct to the issue presented by the other person.

please do.

Oh I see. So you think the word of God should come to you only? Are there not other people reading this.
I will write as the spirit elads. I know your thoughts, they are lawless. Why will I spend time putting out the fires you and your friends create, when I can just preach truth, and let whoever will hear it, listen.
"go through my points one by one"? Am I your father?

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 9:06am On Aug 09, 2013
MostHigh:

If the LAW ended after jesus so called death then why did paul and the apostles obey it till the end?

Why is the prophetic priesthooed of ezekiel 44 obeying the commandments and laws of the most high God?

The prophetic kingdom of heaven revealed in prophecy has the TORAH as its constitution and all of scripture attests to this.

You are no prophet else you would have known this

You mr man are the Lawless man. smiley

My advice to the lawless children is to stop the play of words, this is the true sign of the greek or gentile man. just talk for talking sake.

For the jew there has to be closure.

Your play of words is leading you away from the true purpose

Which is to live by the example set before you by Yashua and the apostles

Instead of arguing endlessly about what the words in thier letters mean. smiley

Thier words can never replace the torah dont be fooled

Lol, so aparently, Jesus came, taught the Torah in its pure form. Not the version the pharisees had formed. And yet, they reckon, after leading by example, he ascended and we are not 'bound' to any law.
And yet, they spend half their time condeming this and condeming that. Where do these views of theirs come from? The torah of course. Picking and choosing when it suits them. Supermarket christians. Or they think this is shoprite?

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 09, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Oh I see. So you think the word of God should come to you only? Are there not other people reading this.
I will write as the spirit elads. I know your thoughts, they are lawless. Why will I spend time putting out the fires you and your friends create, when I can just preach truth, and let whoever will hear it, listen.
"go through my points one by one"? Am I your father?

and am responding as the spirit leads me too. It is ur statements to which you cant follow a logical discussion that is lawless.

I also preach to others too, but I also take time to follow logically to prove my point.

why should waist my own time with u.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 9:24am On Aug 09, 2013
JMAN05:

and am responding as the spirit leads me too. It is ur statements to which you cant follow a logical discussion that is lawless.

I also preach to others too, but I also take time to follow logically to prove my point.

why should waist my own time with u.

You ask elementary things like "prove they went to synagogue" among other things. Time is short. I interpret one scripture, you twist it.
Anyway, my next area of focus will be circumcision, and then the book of Romans. Feel free to tune in.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:44am On Aug 09, 2013
Goshen360:

Good! If Christ is the END GOAL and\or THE END OBJECTIVES of the law, what does that mean? This is the best shot of scriptures you will ever have here. Doesn't it mean the law has an END OBJECTIVES and that end objective is CHRIST. Doesn't it mean, the law's end objectives is to end up in CHRIST - pointing to Christ? Doesn't it mean when one comes to CHRIST, the end objectives of the law is completed and is no longer needed? Doesn't it mean the law was to be a guardian UNTIL Christ should come? Doesn't it mean that as many as are in Christ, the law have been completed\ended its objectives? Doesn't it mean that when that END GOAL or OBJECTIVES are reached or fulfilled, such law is terminated, null and void? Now that the END OBJECTIVES or END GOAL of the law has been reached in CHRIST, what do you still need that law for? To retain you in Christ?

You're going from Lagos to Ibadan and your end objective is to get to Ibadan. You called a taxi and he drove you to Ibadan. Now your END OBJECTIVES is reached (to get to Ibadan); please tell us, do you still need the service of a taxi-man? You left Nigeria for the UK and now you living in UK, what law and\or constitution do you obey? UK or Nigeria? Christians lived UNDER a better covenant, NOT under the law because they now have the indwelling of the Spirit, replacement of the guardians of the law, Galatians 5:18; you're just simply not getting this simple truth. A GREAT CHANGE HAD HAPPENED SINCE THE TIME OF THE OUTPOURING OF THE SPIRIT - THE HOLY SPIRIT HAD REPLACED THE ROLE OF THE LAW GUIDING FOLKS UNDER THE LAW AND WHEN A BELIEVER IS LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD, SUCH ARE SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF GOD AND ARE NOT SUBJECT TO THE LAW OF MOSES NOR ARE THEY UNDER THE LAW.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
18 But if you are guided (led) by the [Holy] Spirit, you are not subject to the Law.

New Living Translation
But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But if you are led by The Spirit, you are not under The Written Law.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
If your spiritual nature is your guide, you are not subject to Moses' laws.

Galatians 5:18

YOU CAN'T BE LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT AND AT THE SAME TIME BE LED BY THE LAW. That's what Galatians 5:18 is saying. Read it again and understand. Led by the Holy Spirit = NOT under the law, not subject to the law. Flip the coin and see the other side: Being under the law or subject to the law = NOT led by the Spirit.

In other words, the law was our ·guardian [child-minder; tutor; an attendant slave who watched over a child in a wealthy Greco-Roman household] ·leading us to [or until] Christ so that we could be ·made right with God [declared righteous; justified] through faith. 25 Now ·the way of faith [L faith] has come, and we no longer live under a ·guardian [child-minder; tutor; v. 24]. Expanded Bible (EXB); Galatians 3:24-25

Amplified Bible (AMP)
24 So that the Law served [to us Jews] as our trainer [our guardian, our guide to Christ, to lead us] until Christ [came], that we might be justified (declared righteous, put in right standing with God) by and through faith. 25 But now that the faith has come, we are no longer under a trainer (the guardian of our childhood).

New Living Translation
For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
4 For Christ is the end of the Law [the limit at which it ceases to be, for the Law leads up to Him Who is the fulfillment of its types, and in Him the purpose which it was designed to accomplish is fulfilled. That is, the purpose of the Law is fulfilled in Him] as the means of righteousness (right relationship to God) for everyone who trusts in and adheres to and relies on Him.

Romans 10:4

End of discussion!

That is to say, the objective of this discussion has been fulfilled by the masters themselves by the statement above!!

E ku ise Oluwa O; may your tribe not end on nairaland.com!!!

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 9:45am On Aug 09, 2013
DrummaBoy:

End of discussion!

...for the simple minded smiley

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:51am On Aug 09, 2013
DrummaBoy:

End of discussion!

That is to say, the objective of this discussion has been fulfilled by the masters themselves!!

E ku ise Oluwa O; may your tribe not end on nairaland.com!!!

Which kind confused people be this?

If you like be focusing on the word END

Dont focus on the daily life and walk of Yashua and the apostles

Child of the little horn
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2013
JesusisLord85:

For the gentile smiley

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:53am On Aug 09, 2013
JesusisLord85:

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2013
MostHigh.

>> If the LAW ended after jesus so called death then why did
paul and the apostles obey it till the end?>>

when u say obey, I guess u mean obey the whole law, not part of it? I know where u will quote, but please quote them lets discuss it.

<<Why is the prophetic priesthooed of ezekiel 44 obeying the
commandments and laws of the most high God?
The prophetic kingdom of heaven revealed in prophecy has
the TORAH as its constitution and all of scripture attests to
this.>>

are u ready to discuss it?

<<You are no prophet else you would have known this
You mr man are the Lawless man.>>

how do you know that am not? what do you understand by the word prophet as used in the scriptures? I might as well say you are lawless too, now will that statement make sense without a proof?

<<My advice to the lawless children is to stop the play of
words, this is the true sign of the greek or gentile man. just
talk for talking sake.
For the jew there has to be closure.>>

You shoulf check and see whether you are not the lawless child.

<<Your play of words is leading you away from the true purpose
Which is to live by the example set before you by Yashua
and the apostles
Instead of arguing endlessly about what the words in thier
letters mean.>>

If someone come and tell you that the Torah never prophesied about Yashua, will you accept it as true so that you will focus on the example set before you?

what if the example you think is set by the apostles is proven wrong by another person, will you accept it as true, without wanting to prove ur point beyond reasonable doubt?

<<Thier words can never replace the torah dont be fooled>>

I never it will, so am not fooled. however, dont be fooled as to the purpose of the law.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:57am On Aug 09, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Pual is you God

Simply put :

Even a child reading these post will discern that quickly enough.

By the words of your mouth you are judged

Lawless child of the little horn grin
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2013
JMAN05: MostHigh.

>> If the LAW ended after jesus so called death then why did
paul and the apostles obey it till the end?>>

when u say obey, I guess u mean obey the whole law, not part of it? I know where u will quote, but please quote them lets discuss it.

<<Why is the prophetic priesthooed of ezekiel 44 obeying the
commandments and laws of the most high God?
The prophetic kingdom of heaven revealed in prophecy has
the TORAH as its constitution and all of scripture attests to
this.>>

are u ready to discuss it?

<<You are no prophet else you would have known this
You mr man are the Lawless man.>>

how do you know that am not? what do you understand by the word prophet as used in the scriptures? I might as well say you are lawless too, now will that statement make sense without a proof?

<<My advice to the lawless children is to stop the play of
words, this is the true sign of the greek or gentile man. just
talk for talking sake.
For the jew there has to be closure.>>

You shoulf check and see whether you are not the lawless child.

<<Your play of words is leading you away from the true purpose
Which is to live by the example set before you by Yashua
and the apostles
Instead of arguing endlessly about what the words in thier
letters mean.>>

If someone come and tell you that the Torah never prophesied about Yashua, will you accept it as true so that you will focus on the example set before you?

what if the example you think is set by the apostles is proven wrong by another person, will you accept it as true, without wanting to prove ur point beyond reasonable doubt?

<<Thier words can never replace the torah dont be fooled>>

I never it will, so am not fooled. however, dont be fooled as to the purpose of the law.

You have not said anything tangible.

Either you come with conviction or you dont, there is no middle ground grin
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 10:01am On Aug 09, 2013
MostHigh:

Pual is you God

Simply put :

Even a child reading these post will discern that quickly enough.

By the words of your mouth you are judged

Lawless child of the little horn grin

Why do they like to argue about 'keeping the whole law'
Did not David commit adultery. Did not Abraham give his wife away to save his own skin.
Nobody was justified by keeping the law, no man can boast before God. Before Christ, they were saved by faith. After Christ, we are saved by faith. Only difference for the lawless is that they say they are now saved without any works.

1 John 2:4 "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him"

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 10:07am On Aug 09, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Did not David commit adultery. Did not Abraham give his wife away to save his own skin.
Nobody was justified by keeping the law, no man can boast before God. Before Christ, they were saved by faith. After Christ, we are saved by faith. Only difference for the lawless is that they say they are now saved without any works.

1 John 2:4 "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him"

I always tell my children to try and make the effort to keep the fathers commands.

He will never condemn you for it.

Imagine some people bringing children into this world and then teaching them how to take the holy spirit apart (as if they ever could)

Imagine lawless parents Bringing up lawlessw children

Teaching children from concience to concience or best case just teach them the gospels ONLY

"The Old God Is dead" Killed by Goshen and his desiples, FOLLY smiley

Lawlessness is death.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:14am On Aug 09, 2013
Tgirl4real: Waiting for the concluding part...

BTW, can drummaboy n Jesusislord tell us what the torah is? I believe that this info will help us to be on the same page.

I accept the definition J'85 provided from wikipedia

Torah (/ˈtɔːrə/; Hebrew: תּוֹרָה, "Instruction", "Teaching"wink is a central concept in the Jewish tradition. It has a range of meanings: it can most specifically mean the first five books of the Tanakh, it can mean this plus the rabbinic commentaries on it, it can mean the continued narrative from Genesis to the end of the Tanakh, it can even mean the totality of Jewish teaching and practice.[1] Common to all these meanings, Torah consists of the foundational narrative of the Jewish people: their call into being by God, their trials and tribulations, and their covenant with their God, which involves following a way of life embodied in a set of religious obligations and civil laws (halakha).

The confusion is when he decides to read his own meaning into it like he does the rest of scriptures.

The quote above clearly shows that the Torah was the religious books to the Jews. Yes, they contain God's word to His people the Jews but the very essence of the book of Galatians was to show that the purpose for giving the Torah has been fulfilled with Christ's death on the cross:

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. 22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

Ephesians 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

That is the purpose of the Torah: it was a guide, a schoolmaster, a means to show the utter sinfulness of man and his need for a Savior. How, in God's name, will anyone in 21st century be advocating a return to the Torah when even the Jews that it was first given to do not adhere striclty to it today?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 09, 2013
Bidam: The proper english phrase you should use is End Goal not goal to end.

Romans 10:4 ...'For Christ is the "END GOAL" of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.'

Paul wasn't meaning that Christ brought a literal end to the law of God. He meant that Christ IS THE END OBJECTIVE of the law.

Are u ready to have this discussion following the format i said above?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:22am On Aug 09, 2013
JesusisLord85:

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

That is his commandment, my friend, not the Torah!

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:29am On Aug 09, 2013
JMAN05:

Are u ready to have this discussion following the format i said above?

I must warn you they only play the game by their rules and not by anyone's: it called pride and it is the product of reading too much Torah.

1 corinthians 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth

If you have anything to contribute to the discuss do so independently of these two because they will waist your time. So far, I see that you are trying to reason with them but they don't reason: why? Torah, again.

But I won't want to discourage you too much bc you may just as well find a way to them that many of us have not been able to. So far, I must commend you for your resilience.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 10:35am On Aug 09, 2013
DrummaBoy:
How, in God's name, will anyone in 21st century be advocating a return to the Torah when even the Jews that it was first given to do not adhere striclty to it today?

You see why your reasoning is screqwed up? Your justification is that some sinless people today do not keep the law, therfore it must be ok?
Rabbinic jews rejected the Messaiah. And we know, they will accept a false messiah in the endtimes.

John 5: 43 "I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."

The problem with your quote in Ephesians 2, is that it directly conflicts Matthew 5:17 and Romans 3:31

Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil".

Romans 3:31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law."

The word abolished is here KATARGEHO, Strong's Gk. #2673). and interestingly, the same greek word is used here, as is used in Ephesians 2:15.
So what is the obvious conclusion, taking into account other scripture, and Strong's? That the translation is poor.

To get the full undrstanding, I sugegst you read this article:

http://www.hebroots.org/hebrootsarchive/9706/970611_b.html

Shalom
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:35am On Aug 09, 2013
MostHigh:

Pual is you God

And you insist that Paul's letters are not scripture.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 10:40am On Aug 09, 2013
DrummaBoy:

They are now. but in his day, it was simply a eltter to a particular set of people.
If I wrote a letter to your church, telling you what God is telling me, would you not look into the scripture to confirm whether I was telling you the truth?
Well, that is what they did. Only written scripture was OT scrolls back then.
Dont get e wrong, Paul is not a false teacher. But if he is assertng what you guys misunderstand him to be, then you should have alarm bells wringing in your ehad because you know what God has to say,and Jesus, yet you start with Paul and from there, interpret the rest. Blindness
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 10:46am On Aug 09, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I must warn you they only play the game by their rules and not by anyone's: it called pride and it is the product of reading too much Torah.

If you have anything to contribute to the discuss do so independently of these two because they will waist your time. So far, I see that you are trying to reason with them but they don't reason: why? Torah, again.

But I won't want to discourage you too much bc you may just as well find a way to them that many of us have not been able to. So far, I must commend you for your resilience.

We aproach the word the way we do for god reason. You people take one line at a time, ignoring other verses. We, on the other hand, consider other verses. A good example I just witnessed:

Shdemidemi says:
Romans 8
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

From the above scriptures, if we you can count (I believe you can), you would notice we have two laws here-

The law of the Spirit of life in Jesus and the law of sin and death..... Please tell me if the law of Spirit of life in Christ is the same or dependent on the Mosaic law.

I respond:

Classic.
I decided o go back a chapter. Why? Because, I takeinto consideration what scripture (OT) says, and the example of Jesus Christ. So, what you are obviously asserting cannot be true. So let me counter please:

Romans 7:21-25
21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

He also mentions 2 laws here. And obviously, one of those laws is NOT the Torah. Unless you believe Paul is Schizophrenic.
I also used NIV to benefit those of you that grew up on the milk of the Amplified and Message versions.
I said I have not intensely studied Romans, that does not mean I have never read it before.
You like to tell us to rightly divide. I divide the word of God. Paul is simly explaining it. The reason you misunderstoon Romans 8 is because Paul is your primary source. Read the front of your bible brother, only then will you understand the back.

Shalom
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:51am On Aug 09, 2013
JesusisLord85:

You see why your reasoning is screqwed up? Your justification is that some sinless people today do not keep the law, therfore it must be ok?
Rabbinic jews rejected the Messaiah. And we know, they will accept a false messiah in the endtimes.

John 5: 43 "I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."

I do not understand that aspect of your saying the Jews are sinless. Are you the one saying it or they claim it. I know the Jews rejected the Messiah and they were judged for it with the overthrow of Jerusalem. My point is that that judgement was not just for rejecting Jesus, it was for rejecting his message: the message of the cross that teaches that God has abolished the dividing wall btw Jews and Gentiles. And that dividing wall is the Torah itself!

The problem with your quote in Ephesians 2, is that it directly conflicts Matthew 5:17 and Romans 3:31

Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil".

Romans 3:31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law."

I have long suspected it but now you have confirmed it: like MostHigh you do not believe Paul's letters are inspired. That is why you pick and choose what quote of his that soothes your argument at the moment. How do you accept what is written in Galatians and reject what is written in Ephesians?

The word abolished is here KATARGEHO, Strong's Gk. #2673). and interestingly, the same greek word is used here, as is used in Ephesians 2:15.
So what is the obvious conclusion, taking into account other scripture, and Strong's? That the translation is poor.

Here is an appropriate response from JMAN05 to this same issue you raised earlier with him. I am not an authority in Strong yet so I will allow those who know how to use it to tell you:

JMAN05:

To get the full undrstanding, I sugegst you read this article:

http://www.hebroots.org/hebrootsarchive/ 9706/970611_b.html

Shalom

I see. Bidam had pasted a quote from that sight too earlier on. I had also suspected those were your teachers, along with the Torah, but now you have proven me right. If you have anything on that site, you may paste it here to support your argument but the last thing I want to use my holydays for now is reading some mumbo jumbo about how the Torah is relevant to us in 21st century jet age!
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 10:51am On Aug 09, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I insist nothing.

Pauls letters are merely commentries on his convictions.

What I find amazing is your constant fixation of the man even to the detriment of the master

Its only deluded people that will pitch Paul agaisnts the other apostles in an effort to discredit the fathers work

Acts 15 shows them if full agreement

And this is the main reason you all lack the spirit of prophecy, its because you lack conviction smiley

You have been warned

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2013
DrummaBoy: JesusisLord85:

I do not understand that aspect of your saying the Jews are sinless. Are you the one saying it or they claim it. I know the Jews rejected the Messiah and they were judged for it with the overthrow of Jerusalem. My point is that that judgement was not just for rejecting Jesus, it was for rejecting his message: the message of the cross that teaches that God has abolished the dividing wall btw Jews and Gentiles. And that dividing wall is the Torah itself!

I meant sinful
But when one considers all I ahve said, that should be apparent. This is a good illustration of how you err with Paul's writings, your interpretations contradicting Jesus
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 10:56am On Aug 09, 2013
MostHigh:

I insist nothing.

Pauls letters are merely commentries on his convictions.

What I find amazing is your constant fixation of the man even to the detriment of the master

Its only deluded people that will pitch Paul agaisnts the other apostles in an effort to discredit the fathers work

Acts 15 shows them if full agreement

And this is the main reason you all lack the spirit of prophecy, its because you lack conviction smiley

You have been warned

Another example they were in agreement

Galatians 2:

Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. 2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

All in one accord smiley

This is why I say that, unless you embrace shdemidemi's two gospel myth (which I have dispelled severally), there is no way you can even begin to suggest that 'christians' don't have to keep God's commandments.
Despite this, they walk hand in hand...to the same destruction, lest they repent smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 10:57am On Aug 09, 2013
Drummaboy please stop all the nonsense talk about pauls words being inspired

Make way with all this your divide and rule devil philosophy

What about the sermon on the mount?

What can be more inspiring than that

Paul worshipper

Never ever do you ever teach the masters work

Its paul that is your master

Child of the little horn, trying to change the customs and traditions of the Most High God.

Just like your Lawless father smiley

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2013
DrummaBoy: JesusisLord85:

I see. Bidam had pasted a quote from that sight too earlier on. I had also suspected those were your teachers, along with the Torah, but now you have proven me right.!

yes, I saw it too so I decided to have a look because it was sound doctrine. Kudos to the brother

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 11:03am On Aug 09, 2013
JesusisLord85:

yes, I saw it too so I decided to have a look because it was sound doctrine. Kudos to the brother

Imagine the blasphemy from a supposed follower of yashua

Making the torah sound like a bad thing

Drummaboy Did you ever hear your supposed master bad mouth the torah

All sins are forgiven apart from the blaspheme of the holy ghost AKA the WORD AKA the BIBLE.

You mr man are burning already grin

2 Likes

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2013
JesusisLord85:

This is why I say that, unless you embrace shdemidemi's two gospel myth (which I have dispelled severally), there is no way you can even begin to suggest that 'christians' don't have to keep God's commandments.
Despite this, they walk hand in hand...to the same destruction, lest they repent smiley

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

That is his commandment, my friend, not the Torah!
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 09, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Yeah..The brother is removing all those junks taught him by the sunday school teachers that Jesus came to abolish the law. Just like mosthigh pointed out a poignant point. How do i teach my children the bible? Should i tell them ok receive the Holy Spirit IJN? or should i with wisdom follow this wise sayings of Solomon.

Proverbs 22:6

New King James Version (NKJV)

6 Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Christians Colonized Us In Africa, Undeniable Fact But How? (pics) / Jesus Christ Perform Solat / Deeper Knowledge in Witch Craft revealed by Edo Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.