Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? (11521 Views)

Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 05, 2013
flourishG: da shortcomings of da law is huge.take one and do all!if gonna keep da sabbath,u gat to stone your rebellious kids also.your got to make animal sacrifices n them da rest.u remember da man that boast to Jesus he had kept the WHOLE law from his youth?what Christ said to him?you lack one thing.you will always be guilty of one thing in keeping da law of moses.christ died to break u loosed from da super glue to da law,now u married to da ressurected Christ.
You are mixing the whole story.Jesus told him to go sell all his possessions and come follow him.Jesus was showing him a better way to fulfill the law which is love,still they were still under the law since Christ had not died then.The ritual aspects of the Law, particularly the sacrifices, intimated God’s method of salvation, but salvation itself was never provided by it except as it reflected the sacrifice of Messiah.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by flourishG(m): 12:28am On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: You are mixing the whole story.Jesus told him to go sell all his possessions and come follow him.Jesus was showing him a better way to fulfill the law which is love,still they were still under the law since Christ had not died then.The ritual aspects of the Law, particularly the sacrifices, intimated God’s method of salvation, but salvation itself was never provided by it except as it reflected the sacrifice of Messiah.
u talking about da rich man.am talking abt that man with question of what must I DO....because dem pple of the law are used to DOING something or another.they always doing to get something.christ said u know da commandment...thou shall not....and da man say ALL THESE i hv observed from my youth.he thinks he have done all da law but christ said he lack ONE THING.how u think someone say i obey ALL da law from my youth n d giver of da law says no!you lack one thing?from a to z,no man can do all things in da law,u always break one n break one means breaking all.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 12:30am On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: It's the job of the Holy Spirit to remove the veil not you.I agree that the feast are not required of Christians, and convey no special spiritual benefits.

15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

You are right, the Holy Spirit remove the veil.

Are you saying you are yet to turn to The Lord , the bible says when one turn to The Lord the veil is taken away.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by flourishG(m): 12:32am On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Are you saying you are yet to turn to The Lord , the bible says when one turn to The Lord the veil is taken away.
i love dem ya systematic delivery!turning to da LORD is da cure and remedy to da veil n bondage of moses.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 05, 2013
flourishG: u talking about da rich man.am talking abt that man with question of what must I DO....because dem pple of the law are used to DOING something or another.they always doing to get something.christ said u know da commandment...thou shall not....and da man say ALL THESE i hv observed from my youth.he thinks he have done all da law but christ said he lack ONE THING.how u think someone say i obey ALL da law from my youth n d giver of da law says no!you lack one thing?from a to z,no man can do all things in da law,u always break one n break one means breaking all.
Ok,pls tell what was the thing he lacked? Did Jesus not reply him?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

grin If i haven't turn to the lord,i won't be here doing bible discussion with you.would i?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 05, 2013
flourishG: i love dem ya systematic delivery!turning to da LORD is da cure and remedy to da veil n bondage of moses.
He quoted that scripture based on his understanding.Every believer has turned to the Lord by accepting Jesus as their Lord and saviour. It takes a repentant sinner to turn to Jesus.Atheist and muslims do not believe in Jesus so they still have a veil.Jews who do not believe in the messiah that has come are still unbelievers to me.So you guys are wrongly putting a yoke on a saved brother.We are doing bible discussions here and not dissensions.

2 Cor. 4:3-4 "And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:55am On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Matthew 22:37-40
"37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

That is what Paul means in Romans 13. If you do those two, you are fulfilling all the commandments.
What does it mean to love God? Well, John 14:21 says "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."
If you love your brother, you will do to him as you will do to yourself.

So, the summation is love? I keep asking you what commandment and you keep pointing me to Love. So, I don't get what keeping of the law thing is about if it's summed up as love.

If you truly love God you will keep his commandments - certainly not the law of Moses cos that has been sumed up to LOVE. If you love God, you will do things that pleases him - Heb 11:6

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: grin If i haven't turn to the lord,i won't be here doing bible discussion with you.would i?

It does not matter bro. if I decide to sleep in my garage, it does not mean I am a car, similarly if you discuss about Jesus does not not mean you are one of his.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

It does not matter bro. if I decide to sleep in my garage, it does not mean I am a car, similarly if you discuss about Jesus does not not mean you are one of his.
Thanks,are you also one of his? You preach a heretic two gospel which is unbiblical.Do you think God associate with that?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 8:25am On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: Thanks,are you also one of his? You preach a heretic two gospel which is unbiblical.Do you think God associate with that?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you are not one of his. I asked the question based on the scripture that says if you are one of his the veil of Moses would be taken away. If you still have that veil of the old like tithing, mosaic law, legalism and all, we can both come to a common conclusion that the veil is still there.

Spirit of Christ= no veil

Veil + Christ = no Spirit
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you are not one of his. I asked the question based on the scripture that says if you are one of his the veil of Moses would be taken away. If you still have that veil of the old like tithing, mosaic law, legalism and all, we can both come to a common conclusion that the veil is still there.
You have now taken the POSITION of the Holy Spirit as my teacher and guide abi? There are millions of Christians around the globe who still tithe,observed the sabbath and obey the ten commandments based on new testament understanding of scriptures. These guys are Holy Spirit filled Christians who are not observing jewish customs and traditions for that matter.Do you still say they have the veil of moses since they accepted Jesus as their Lord and savior? What kind of foolish reasoning of scriptures is this sef? I tithe based on the understanding of what the Holy Spirit taught me that it is a spiritual principle.so should i disobey God and follow you and the crowd because you said so? SMH!THIS SCRIPTURE IS APPLICABLE TO YOU AND YOUR LIKES.
One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 7For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself;…

[/quote]
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: You have now taken the POSITION of the Holy Spirit as my teacher and guide abi? There are millions of Christians around the globe who still tithe,observed the sabbath and obey the ten commandments based on new testament understanding of scriptures. These guys are Holy Spirit filled Christians who are not observing jewish customs and traditions for that matter.Do you still say they have the veil of moses since they accepted Jesus as their Lord and savior? What kind of foolish reasoning of scriptures is this sef? I tithe based on the understanding of what the Holy Spirit taught me that it is a spiritual principle.so should i disobey God and follow you and the crowd because you said so? SMH!THIS SCRIPTURE IS APPLICABLE TO YOU AND YOUR LIKES.
One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 7For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself;…

How do you know they are Holy Spirit filled?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by debosky(m): 9:34am On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Matthew 22:37-40
"37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

That is what Paul means in Romans 13. If you do those two, you are fulfilling all the commandments.
What does it mean to love God? Well, John 14:21 says "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."
If you love your brother, you will do to him as you will do to yourself.

No - it means if you obey those two commandments Jesus gave, you will fulfill the intent behind the commandments.

This is a very important distinction to make, as anyone who insists on obeying all of Moses' Laws will end up placing yet another yoke on him/herself.

What are these 'Laws of Moses' that you speak of? Before you start talking about obeying/not obeying them, let's be clear what you're referring to.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Dzany(m): 9:37am On Aug 05, 2013
christians are Christ followers, not Moses followers.................
Follow the teachings of Christ.....do not burden yourself with Laws...dos and don'ts!.......and this includes Pauls epistle!
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by christemmbassey(m): 10:07am On Aug 05, 2013
@ OP, thats another way of asking, should christians practice JUDAISM? A very big NO!
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

How do you know they are Holy Spirit filled?
How do you know you are saved?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 05, 2013
debosky:

No - it means if you obey those two commandments Jesus gave, you will fulfill the intent behind the commandments.
Good response.intent that's the word jare.
This is a very important distinction to make, as anyone who insists on obeying all of Moses' Laws will end up placing yet another yoke on him/herself.
Did you see him quoting the 613 laws? cheesy

What are this 'Law of Moses' that you speak of? Before you start talking about obeying/not obeying them, let's be clear what you're referring to.
Now you are talking, i hate people inferring meanings into my statements really.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Zikkyy(m): 10:42am On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam:
I tithe based on the understanding of what the Holy Spirit taught me that it is a spiritual principle.

Sure your learning was from the Holy Spirit? Check the source very well o!
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 10:47am On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: How do you know you are saved?

I know I am saved because God has adopted me through the gospel of Christ through faith.

Answer my question, how do you know those people are spirit filled?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 05, 2013
Zikkyy:

Sure your learning was from the Holy Spirit? Check the source very well o!
Yeah very positive conviction bro.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

I know I am saved because God has adopted me through the gospel of Christ through faith.

Answer my question, how do you know those people are spirit filled?
Just like you told me,that's how they said they were filled. My question actually answered your question.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 11:29am On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: Just like you told me,that's how they said they were filled. My question actually answered your question.

Are you sure they told you that, its quite different from the popular cliché "just come and take Jesus into your heart." you know?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are you sure they told you that, its quite different from the popular cliché "just come and take Jesus into your heart." you know?
I don't know where your questions and answer sessions are leading to cos they don't make sense to me. I am taking your word for it that you are saved, just like i took their word for it that they were filled with the Holy Spirit which is also by Faith.If you don't have any reasonable thing to discuss,it's best i move along.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 11:44am On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: I don't know where your questions and answer sessions are leading to cos they don't make sense to me. I am taking your word for it that you are saved, just like i took their word for it that they were filled with the Holy Spirit which is also by Faith.If you don't have any reasonable thing to discuss,it's best i move along.

I am really sorry bro, please bear with me. My question is, did these people have to do anything to get this Spirit such as obeying moral laws of Moses or any other thing apart from jus believing in Christ?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2013
debosky:

What are these 'Laws of Moses' that you speak of? Before you start talking about obeying/not obeying them, let's be clear what you're referring to.

Thanks for this contribution.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

I am really sorry bro, my question is did these people have to do anything to get this Spirit such as obeying moral laws of Moses?
LOl, this is a straw man argument.This is what i said,
Bidam:You have now taken the POSITION of the Holy Spirit as my teacher and guide abi? There are millions of Christians around the globe who still tithe,observed the sabbath and obey the ten commandments based on new testament understanding of scriptures. These guys are Holy Spirit filled Christians who are not observing jewish customs and traditions for that matter.Do you still say they have the veil of moses since they accepted Jesus as their Lord and savior? What kind of foolish reasoning of scriptures is this sef? I tithe based on the understanding of what the Holy Spirit taught me that it is a spiritual principle.so should i disobey God and follow you and the crowd because you said so? SMH!THIS SCRIPTURE IS APPLICABLE TO YOU AND YOUR LIKES.
This reply was based on your mockery of my salvation. Did you see anywhere i implied they have to observe mosaic laws before they could get the spirit? You are pathetically sick. aren't you?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85: Isaiah 66:17 "They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord."

Seems to me God still regards clean, to be clean, and unclean, to be unclean. No more bacon for me, pending further investigation.

Lol.

Isn't this ridiculous! I don't mean to be rude, really. grin

It's a good thing u wanna investigate further though.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Lol.

Isn't this ridiculous! I don't mean to be rude, really. grin

It's a good thing u wanna investigate further though.

Which is ridiculous. The word of God, spoken hrough Isaiah? Or the fact I don't twist it, and say it as it is written?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: LOl, this is a straw man argument.This is what i said,This reply was based on your mockery of my salvation. Did you see anywhere i implied they have to observe mosaic laws before they could get the spirit? You are pathetically sick. aren't you?

You sound offended and bitter! take it easy, I know my questions can be annoying sometimes.

Please answer the question, how do you think these people came by their spirituality?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Which is ridiculous. The word of God, spoken hrough Isaiah? Or the fact I don't twist it, and say it as it is written?

There are over 600 laws, I am not about to list them. If you accpt Christ and have the spirit, it shall guide you to to keep the commandments. i.e. Jeremiah 31:31-33.
The part where you accept Christ and believe is where you are saved. And if you are true believer and love him, you will keep his commandments. That is the word. If you believe contrary, well that is you.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: You are pathetically sick. aren't you?
I retract this statement abeg grin, That was flesh speaking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. / If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / The Rapture Will Happen Suddenly : Urgent End time Prophecy Updates!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.