Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? (11539 Views)

Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Which is ridiculous. The word of God, spoken hrough Isaiah? Or the fact I don't twist it, and say it as it is written?

I this present dispensation of the gospel of Christ, what do we have

1 Timothy 4

King James Version (KJV)

4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

I this present dispensation of the gospel of Christ, what do we have

1 Timothy 4

King James Version (KJV)

4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

The key is in preceding verses.
"Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."
Does that sound like the religion of the Jews? lol. You do err.
So one day God called it abomination, and not you reckon he did a complete U-turn.
If that is the God you think you serve, you ought to question whether he is the true God.
My God, Yahweh, never changes. Yours seems to have gone from one pole to the opposite.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

You sound offended and bitter! take it easy, I know my questions can be annoying sometimes.

Please answer the question, how do you think these people came by their spirituality?
The question is irrelevant to the discussion,just like your salvation doesn't add anything to my account except of cos to Jesus and the angels.But it is a fact that millions of Christians do tithe,does that remove their Christianity from them?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by debosky(m): 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

There are over 600 laws, I am not about to list them. If you accpt Christ and have the spirit, it shall guide you to to keep the commandments. i.e. Jeremiah 31:31-33.
The part where you accept Christ and believe is where you are saved. And if you are true believer and love him, you will keep his commandments. That is the word. If you believe contrary, well that is you.

How can you obey what you don't know? You're just discovering in 2013 that pig meat was prohibited in the OT - have you not been breaking God's commandments then? I hope you've repented of all that bacon you've been eating. grin

Are all the 600 laws applicable to Christians? If not, which ones are, and which ones aren't?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: The question is irrelevant to the discussion,just like your salvation doesn't add anything to my account except of cos to Jesus and the angels.But it is a fact that millions of Christians do tithe,does that remove their Christianity from them?

Of course it doesnt. According to him, if you believe in the concept of God, you are eternally saved.
My oh my, that would make the narrow road, suddenly, very wide.

Luke 13 "Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matthew 7: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

But they sound like they believed shdemidemi? Your theology will lead many to hell.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 1:15pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

The key is in preceding verses.
"Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."
Does that sound like the religion of the Jews? lol. You do err.
So one day God called it abomination, and not you reckon he did a complete U-turn.
If that is the God you think you serve, you ought to question whether he is the true God.
My God, Yahweh, never changes. Yours seems to have gone from one pole to the opposite.

Am I talking about religion of the Jews here? The bible says everything is good now, you are talking about Jewish culture.

I never said God changes.

My question to you- from Adam until date, has God's programme been the same?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Am I talking about religion of the Jews here? The bible says everything is good now, you are talking about Jewish culture.

I never said God changes.

My question to you- from Adam until date, has God's programme been the same?

Yes, he knows the end from the very beginning. Or you think he makes it up as he goes along, like you do.
One day, im saved foreer, next day I'm not. Then you say Jews must still keep the law, while the gentile converts did not have to. And yet they were guilty of being "Judaizers", and yet Paul walked hand in hand with Peter and the others.
My oh my, the journey with you is tiresome.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Of course it doesnt. According to him, if you believe in the concept of God, you are eternally saved.
My oh my, that would make the narrow road, suddenly, very wide.

Luke 13 "Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matthew 7: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

But they sound like they believed shdemidemi? Your theology will lead many to hell.

Most of your quotes come from pre-ascension of Christ. The bible says the Just(righteous) shall live (eternally, would not die) by faith. Is that statement true? Or shall the righteous live by Torah or by the law?

By Torah or by faith?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Yes, he knows the end from the very beginning. Or you think he makes it up as he goes along, like you do.
One day, im saved foreer, next day I'm not. Then you say Jews must still keep the law, while the gentile converts did not have to. And yet they were guilty of being "Judaizers", and yet Paul walked hand in hand with Peter and the others.
My oh my, the journey with you is tiresome.

What am I trying to say! Was it not the same God who accepted animal sacrifice that ended the use of animals as sacrifice?

Did He have to change to do that?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 1:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Most of your quotes come from pre-ascension of Christ. The bible says the Just(righteous) shall live (eternally, would not die) by faith. Is that statement true? Or shall the righteous live by Torah or by the law?

By Torah or by faith?

What is your definition of faith?
Because the almighty told John (Revelation) that those who keep the commandments will enter the kingdom. And we know what righteousness is:

1 John 3:22
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

I believe that is post-ascension.
So now you think everything pre-ascension is not useful, except "for your learning" as you say. Not even sure you know what "learning" means. haha
Anyway, I pray you find truth, without contradiction.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Because the almighty told John (Revelation) that those who keep the commandments will enter the kingdom. And we know what righteousness is:

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

So now you think everything pre-ascension is not useful, except "for your learning" as you say. Not even sure you know what "learning" means. haha

I have noticed you refuse to answer questions as well.

My definition of faith is trust God through Christ.

When you hear God's commandment, it does not necessarily mean mosaic laws you know!

The bible said the law of Moses was weak, we have a new law different from the law of Moses. It is the law of the Spirit of life, liberty in Christ Jesus.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Very strange that shdemidemi is finding it very difficult to accept this new testament scripture.Keep my commandments. Goshen and the others couldn't even answer my questions on this. It was only Enigma that made a case on the need to balance scriptures.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: Very strange that shdemidemi is finding it very difficult to accept this new testament scripture.Keep my commandments. Goshen and the others couldn't even answer my questions on this. It was only Enigma that made a case on the need to balance scriptures.

I believe I have answered that, try something else to back the mosaic law.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

When you hear God's commandment, it does not necessarily mean mosaic laws you know!

The bible said the law of Moses was weak, we have a new law different from the law of Moses. It is the law of the Spirit of life, liberty in Christ Jesus.
grin James and John said commandments Apostle Paul says command who are we to choose now
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

I stopped pandering to your interogations long ago. You hate the fact I don't allow you to bully me into your false line of thinking, as others have.
Again, Moses did not create the law, God said "say to my people...". What do you not understand there.
So in Acts 13 when the gentiles were attending synagogue with the Jews, were there like two halls? One where they taught Paul's stuff, and one where they taught God's stuff?
Because I understand thet what they were taught in that chapter, was none other than the Mosaic Laws.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
Why do Christians bother so much about the laws of Moses that wasn't written to them in the first place?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

I believe I have answered that, try something else to back the mosaic law.
grin You didn't i really wanna learn but instead you started your interrogations angry
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 1:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: Very strange that shdemidemi is finding it very difficult to accept this new testament scripture.Keep my commandments. Goshen and the others couldn't even answer my questions on this. It was only Enigma that made a case on the need to balance scriptures.

He is basically saying the bible is the books of Paul, every other thing is story book.
It is evident Paul kept commandments, and the gentiles went to synagogue to hear the law. To shdemidemi, this must be very confusing. It was for me too when I was under the bondage of a 'wide is the gate' church. Why was it bondage? I was never really able to break free from persistent sin. Though they did tell me that it is ok, I would make heaven anyway, as shdemidemi teaches.
Not anymore.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
Goshen360: Why do Christians bother so much about the laws of Moses that wasn't written to them in the first place?
grin we are talking about the 10 commandments. Are they in the New testaments or not
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
Goshen360: Why do Christians bother so much about the laws of Moses that wasn't written to them in the first place?

Was there not one law for the children of Israel AND those who lived among them?
Are you not adopted as Abraham's seed?
Should you not therefore do as he did?

"They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father."
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 2:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: grin we are talking about the 10 commandments. Are they in the New testaments or not

Oga, the 10 commandments imported into the NT is of the Spirit of life, not as of the letters and ministry of condemnation. I thought you already know these things bro. The same 10 commandment was tagged ministry of death and condemnation. So what is it to us under the NT? If you must bind the 10 according to the mosaic, then you must bind all other laws also.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Was there not one law for the children of Israel AND those who lived among them?

"They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father."

You reading the letters, try read the Spirit. The Israel God dealt with in the OT is physical and geographical. The Israel God is dealing with now is the spiritual and non geographically national Israel. The verses you quote deals with geographical location. In Christ, no Jews nor gentiles, it's one spiritual man.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Which scripture is this sir?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

The intention of the law was not to make anyone a better person, the law was there to condemn when you break it. If i don't break the law, it does not mean I am a good person, I have only succeeded in avoiding the snare of the law. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ apart from any mosaic law does not only make me fulfil the righteous requirement of the law, it also makes me a better person.

False teacher as always.

Regarding the bolded in your response.

The law was not institutEd for condemnation but TO SERVE AS A GUIDE FOR REPROOF AND INSTRUCTIONS IN RIGHTOUSNESS.

smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

The bible makes it clear that you can't mix it. We have to totally take out the veil and see Christ in his fullness, we can't go back to reenact any feast days as an addition or part of our salvation. We are in a new covenant, we do not need to look back.

That is not to say we can't read the Old Testament, we must make sure every thing we read in the old points us to the redeemer. If we don't do that, we are definitely doing things outside the confines of our faith.

Answer us conclusively.

Why did all the apostles and yashua himself "mix it" as you put it

Why do you chose to be different from them all?

What makes you special?

smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

So, the summation is love? I keep asking you what commandment and you keep pointing me to Love. So, I don't get what keeping of the law thing is about if it's summed up as love.

If you truly love God you will keep his commandments - certainly not the law of Moses cos that has been sumed up to LOVE. If you love God, you will do things that pleases him - Heb 11:6

Your quite right brother nature abhores a vacume

This love they speak of has to be properly defined most especially for the upcoming youths

And after this definition it must be written down just like the torah for posterity sake

So my question is who is going to rewrite the good book and come up with the NEW version

I am certain that Even the proponents of this new GOd/Law theory cannot fulfill this task they have taken upon themselves

smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2013
Goshen360:

Oga, the 10 commandments imported into the NT is of the Spirit of life, not as of the letters and ministry of condemnation. I thought you already know these things bro. The same 10 commandment was tagged ministry of death and condemnation. So what is it to us under the NT? If you must bind the 10 according to the mosaic, then you must bind all other laws also.
Oh! i thought you will say they were not borrowed from the Old,but shdemidemi doesn't agree with this view.So i am confused as to what you guys agree upon right now. And the word you use which is binding,do you see any Christian wearing tzibits and the letters written and placed on their necks as of old? Truth is you guys are yet to refute my statements that the Mosaic Law in its moral aspects has lost none of its commanding authority.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2013
debosky:

No - it means if you obey those two commandments Jesus gave, you will fulfill the intent behind the commandments.

This is a very important distinction to make, as anyone who insists on obeying all of Moses' Laws will end up placing yet another yoke on him/herself.

What are these 'Laws of Moses' that you speak of? Before you start talking about obeying/not obeying them, let's be clear what you're referring to.

Go check out the laws your professed master and all the apostles with him obeyed therin lies the answer to your question. smiley

You can be exactly as the master is BUT NOT GREATER

Never Greater.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2013
MostHigh:

False teacher as always.

Regarding the bolded in your response.

The law was not institutEd for condemnation but TO SERVE AS A GUIDE FOR REPROOF AND INSTRUCTIONS IN RIGHTOUSNESS.

smiley

And please when is or how long is the law supposed to serve as guide?

Galatians 3:24-25
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
christemmbassey: @ OP, thats another way of asking, should christians practice JUDAISM? A very big NO!

Here is me asking myself did yashua and the apostles live the way of the JEW?

The answer

A VERY BIG YES smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:26pm On Aug 05, 2013
Dzany: christians are Christ followers, not Moses followers.................
Follow the teachings of Christ.....do not burden yourself with Laws...dos and don'ts!.......and this includes Pauls epistle!

Christ and all his apostles follow the teaching of moses to the end smiley

All of scripture testifies to this.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Which is ridiculous. The word of God, spoken hrough Isaiah? Or the fact I don't twist it, and say it as it is written?

Very pertinent qweshun Sire smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? / Churches Turned Into Mosques / What Makes Rich Men To Steal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.