Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' (9165 Views)

Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Nelson Mandela Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by mukina2: 11:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
Anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela is responding to treatment in hospital, the South African president has said.

Jacob Zuma told parliament on Wednesday that he was happy with the progress being made by the 94-year-old former president after a "difficult few days".

"We urge South Africans and the international community to continue to keep president Mandela and the medical team in their thoughts and prayers," he said.

Mandela was admitted to hospital in Pretoria on Saturday with a recurring lung infection.

It is his fourth hospital stay since December, and there is a growing realisation among South Africa's 53 million people that they will one day have to say goodbye to the father of the "Rainbow Nation" that Mandela tried to forge from the apartheid-era.

His eldest daughter Zenani, who is South Africa's ambassador to Argentina, was seen on Wednesday entering the heavily guarded clinic where only close family members are being allowed.

Zenani as well as the elder statesman's two other daughters, Makaziwe and Zindzi, and his ex-wife Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, have visited him daily this week as have other family members.

His current wife, Graca Machel, called off a trip to London last week to be with her ailing husband.

Meanwhile, well wishers continued to arrive at his home in the Johannesburg suburb of Houghton to leave cards and offer their best wishes.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2013/06/201361254312654889.html
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Diasporan(m): 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
May God grant him speedy recovery.One of my Primary wish is to see him live someday before he passes on.He remains my Political Icon
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by igbsam(m): 11:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
coolReserved....
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by esn1(f): 12:00am On Jun 13, 2013
I wish him a safe recovery. My prayers are with him.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by buoye1(m): 12:01am On Jun 13, 2013
Gud
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Samsantos9: 12:01am On Jun 13, 2013
Well that's good news.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 13, 2013
For all of you spreading rumours that he is dead......God is watching you in 3D cool tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by flyforall: 12:03am On Jun 13, 2013
My B.day mate pls Get well soon
We know you will leave one day
But one more b.day wont hurt

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 13, 2013
him wan break Methuselah record?
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Erifenz: 12:07am On Jun 13, 2013
I don hear
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Spoofpro0f(m): 12:10am On Jun 13, 2013
He should just die!
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:19am On Jun 13, 2013
Spoofpro0f: He should just die!
mtsssw heartless angry
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Krasid(m): 12:28am On Jun 13, 2013
sadist.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Ibukune(m): 12:35am On Jun 13, 2013
Get well soon madiba. We love u
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by sportfeva(m): 12:36am On Jun 13, 2013
Wish him quick and good health.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by ParisLove1: 12:39am On Jun 13, 2013
That's great. Get well soon
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by enimcnite(m): 1:50am On Jun 13, 2013
u too should just die! grin

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Challenge01(m): 2:59am On Jun 13, 2013
I wish him quick recovery
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by druid06(m): 3:09am On Jun 13, 2013
ighoosagie: him wan break Methuselah record?

Same thing I was thinking. The dude is too old, he's outlived his children and some his grandchildren and he's still hanging on...
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by blessing009(m): 3:51am On Jun 13, 2013
That's gud news... We stil need men like u in dis planet,@mandela
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Nobody: 3:54am On Jun 13, 2013
I started hearing his name from the time I was born
I still remember the day he was released from prison
There was great rejoicing in Nigeria
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by grandstar(m): 4:38am On Jun 13, 2013
we are all goingto die someday. let us live a life worthy of God's blessing at the end of it all. (ECCL 12:13,14)
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by juman(m): 4:38am On Jun 13, 2013
Thank God for the news. Wishing him quick full recovery.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by babadem2much(m): 5:04am On Jun 13, 2013
u see urself ? white fowl u don show ya sef. abi na only u remain 4 ya fmly ni?

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by 3ace(m): 5:08am On Jun 13, 2013
And somebody quickly created a thread saying this man was dead. Always eager to add threads. May God forgive you.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Wendyslim(f): 6:00am On Jun 13, 2013
Get well soon. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by aquabeing: 6:04am On Jun 13, 2013
Diasporan: May God grant him speedy recovery.One of my Primary wish is to see him live someday before he passes on.He remains my Political Icon

You might have to hurry up so your wish can be granted but meanwhile,I wish him soonest recovery
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by parki: 6:39am On Jun 13, 2013
Why're they always rushing Nelson to the hospital all the time? The man is tired; They should just allow him to die in one peace.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 13, 2013
Speedy recovery tata Madiba..
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by safarigirl(f): 6:59am On Jun 13, 2013
Abdul Adam56: mtsssw heartless angry
What is heartless there? The man never reach to die? Or do you think what he's living now is a life? His bedroom looks like a freakin ICU, he loads his system with drugs and he's in a hospital every other day, the man is suffering and people are still trying to drag what's left of his life just so some oyibo can say 'that's Mandela's relative...' '...his village...his country', all for selfish recognition. Sometimes death is better than life.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Desdola(m): 6:59am On Jun 13, 2013
It is well with Mandela even in the well. Quick recovery
Re: Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' by Owerreedem: 7:11am On Jun 13, 2013
May God help Nelson mandela abeg oh.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russia Vs USA: Military Tanks, Fighter Jets, Submarines, Nuclear Bombs (Photo) / Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans / Opposition Party Sets Off Tear Gas Inside Kosovo Parliament(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.