Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Queen Jordan Writes A Letter To The Girls Of The World - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Queen Jordan Writes A Letter To The Girls Of The World (973 Views)

How Do You See The Girls Used For Music Videos? / Top 8 Lies Told By Girls Of Nowadays / Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queen Jordan Writes A Letter To The Girls Of The World by thinka2: 8:55am On Jun 13, 2013
The UNICEF Ambassador gives advice to girls of the world

Dear Girls of the World,

Some of you will be familiar with the childhood rhyme, "What are little girls made of? Sugar and spice and all things nice, that's what little girls are made of."

Marketing and stereotyping combine to have us believe that you're also made of pink dresses, pigtails, dolls, ringlets, ribbons, bows and tiaras. That you like cupcakes. That all you will want to be are wives and mothers. That you're more "inclined" to the arts and "better suited" to caring professions like teaching and nursing.
And, maybe, that's true for some. But my daughter Salma teaches me every day that there's so much more to you -- and for you.

Salma is 13, and I can count, on one hand (in fact, on one finger!), the occasions she's worn a dress -- and they've never been pink! Dolls always stayed on the shelf. She's happiest dribbling a soccer ball past her brothers and scoring goals or building model airplanes with her father. She dreams of being an engineer. That's my Salma; that's why I love her.

So, when I think about girls rising, I think of girls like her and her sister, Iman. I think of the millions of courageous girls all over the Arab world and beyond who, every day, summon inner strength, surmount barriers and make a difference in their communities.

Let me tell you about 16-year-old Wafa Al-Rimi.

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/06/Queen-Jordan-Letter-girls.html

Re: Queen Jordan Writes A Letter To The Girls Of The World by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
First
Re: Queen Jordan Writes A Letter To The Girls Of The World by greedie1(f): 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
second
Re: Queen Jordan Writes A Letter To The Girls Of The World by Jovanna(f): 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
Third
Re: Queen Jordan Writes A Letter To The Girls Of The World by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 14, 2013
Is this what they are talking about in that place?
Re: Queen Jordan Writes A Letter To The Girls Of The World by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
Though not as elaborate as I would hv loved it to be, a lot of young girls need to be aware of this.

Parents should get rid of that mentality and society should put effort into embracing individualism.
Re: Queen Jordan Writes A Letter To The Girls Of The World by Truckpusher(m): 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Shollypopz: Though not as elaborate as I would hv loved it to be, a lot of young girls need to be aware of this.

Parents should get rid of that mentality and society should put effort into embracing individualism.
Mtcheew,another thread for feminists to feast on and have a field day....smh....feminists over to you guys tongue
Re: Queen Jordan Writes A Letter To The Girls Of The World by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2013
i alread knew all that already
Re: Queen Jordan Writes A Letter To The Girls Of The World by shizzle11(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2013
Owkay! Its ladies thread.....am outta hia. Pardon my intrusion in the first place tongue

(1) (Reply)

20 Marriage Advice I Wish I Would Have Had- By Gerald Rogers / Girls Top 5 Wishes In Life / My Encounter With Dr.myles Munroe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.