Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? (5666 Views)

21 Embarrassing Things That Happen To Girls With Big Boobs / PLS Don’t Open It, If You Are Not Up To 18yrs Old! Our Actresses And Actors Doin / If You Talk To Girls In These 3 Ways, They Will Fall Crazily In Love With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by Celery(m): 7:46pm On Jun 05, 2011
I have been thinking why the girls of now adays are far below those of old, a girl of now adays can seldomly pound yam, wash bitter leaves, slutter a full goat, cook soup, Wash cloths, sweep, etc, when those of old can cook very well, pound yam, tear firewood, kill chicken, farm, climb trees and carry their guns and get down any animals in the bush, slutter it and prepare it for their family. But these days, never will you find a girl with such enthusiasm and strenght to do such, why? Believe it or not, we have lost our girls to make ups, fashion, clubing, travelling, westernisation and all rubish. It bit me whole to think of it, i wip for our girls of today, i cried for them and i wonder if they can make a good wife and mother of our unborn children. Why and what is the way out. Lets help our girl. SOS.
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by 190: 7:51pm On Jun 05, 2011
ROTFLMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Instead they know the full functions of BB, brazillian hair, latest wig from china, Lastest bra and pant released by gucci as well as Oprah's middle name
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by tpia5: 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2011
slaughter a full goat did you say.

anyway, with a user name like celery. . . . . . . lol
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by snowdrops(m): 8:00pm On Jun 05, 2011
if you say they are less good in multi-tasking, i might listen to you.

however looking at where you are coming from, you can say the same of the men; pre-historic men can farm, hunter, chop wood, lift load, fight lion in forest etc etc, but modern man all im know na fork fork and fork.

1 Like

Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by 190: 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2011
Its true

I agree with celery on this one

My Late grandmother on her own trained my mom and her 10 siblings ( 11 in total )

single handedly ---> a strong woman she was

Nowadays a woman cant even raise a kid alone, let alone 3 kids when my grand mom raise 11 on her own

she farmed, traded, sold fruits, Hunted, pounded yam, fried rice and sold off in the market and even garri   grin  grin

My mom been the 3rd was well and nurtured and hard working ( I have never dated a lady as hard working as my mom )

All ladies think bout nowadays are wig, BB, peiercing, weavon, Plait, Pant, BRA, lip stick, even eye lash, Shoe, MEAT, Mr.Biggs, Ice cream, Suya,

Toyota camry and honda' just to mention a few

dem in the UK worry bout H & M, JD sports, Moonsoon, Footlocker, Gucci, Topman even primark

Thank Gawd im not bothered bout their wahala cos women else where arent like that, i've found my square root undecided
 angry angry
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by tpia5: 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2011
yes, back in the day you werent a man until you'd killed a lion.

times have now changed.
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by 190: 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2011
snowdrops:

if you say they are less good in multi-tasking, i might listen to you.

however looking at where you are coming from, you can say the same of the men; pre-historic men can farm, hunter, chop wood, lift load, fight lion in forest etc etc, but modern man all im know na fork fork and fork.

Please count me out,

I am a real man and i can fight and kill a lion with my bare hands

All i need is to target the scrotum of that lion and if my hands get to it

Yawa don gas for that lion now!! angry angry
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by tpia5: 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2011
little correction:

back in the day, in my area, women didnt hunt. That was the men's job.

dont know about other places though.

i think women could set traps for smaller wildlife, shrimp etc and that must have been about it.
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by 190: 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2011
Tpia i know u used to be a cray fish hunter back in the days

Tell me say i dey lie undecided
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by tpia5: 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2011
i'm still a crayfish hunter.
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by violent(m): 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2011
My ma (lord bless her memory) wasn't pounding yam, tearing firewood, climbing trees, slaughtering goats or hunting animals, she was a plush, decent, respectful, beautiful (both in and out) wife to my pa and an awesome ma that ever is!

But i totally understand if you're speaking from your own side of the world, everyone's story is bound to be different.  But i certainly don't want to be married to a female hunter, a human washing machine or a tree climber  shocked . . .those things make em age faster, i want my wife to be young forever!!!
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by violent(m): 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2011
^^

Oh, and I am saying that cos your post compares girls of these days to our Mums
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by tpia5: 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2011
tree climbing is cool except you dont do it anymore when you're grown.

and back home it's mainly boys that climb trees anyway. To get fruit and stuff.
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by snowdrops(m): 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2011
violent:

My ma (lord bless her memory) wasn't pounding yam, tearing firewood, climbing trees, slaughtering goats or hunting animals, she was a plush, decent, respectful, beautiful (both in and out) wife to my pa and an awesome ma that ever is!

But i totally understand if you're speaking from your own side of the world, everyone's story is bound to be different.  But i certainly don't want to be married to a female hunter, a human washing machine or a tree climber  shocked . . .those things make em age faster, i want my wife to be young forever!!!
your ma may have not, but your great grandma might well had
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by Celery(m): 8:13pm On Jun 05, 2011
I am glad that you all agree to this fact. I have never seen any hard working girl like my mum, she work as thou her life depend on it, while the girls will be busy with their BB, ooops.
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by 190: 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2011
tpia@:

i'm still a crayfish hunter.
shocked shocked

So u still hunt cray fish and shrimps shocked shocked
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by tpia5: 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2011
My ma (lord bless her memory) wasn't pounding yam, tearing firewood, climbing trees, slaughtering goats or hunting animals

my grandmas did. Except for the hunting animals and climbing trees part.

as per splitting firewood, so did i, when i was small.

cos firewood wont split itself and people have to eat, no?

village life na wa.

those lazy cousins of mine- where were they sef when a girl was splitting firewood.

out hunting girlfriends?
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by 190: 8:17pm On Jun 05, 2011
snowdrops:

exactly,

My mom didnt do half what her mom did but wat she's capable of doing

90% of the ladies i have dated cant do half

When them never worry about Mary KAY  undecided

or how to watch beyonce we run this world
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by violent(m): 8:17pm On Jun 05, 2011
snowdrops:

nah, my great grandmas didn't!

My great grandpas treated em like a piece of jewel, while the men were away sweating in the farm, hunting bushmeat and fighting tigers, the women simply stayed back at home teaching kids how to make clay pots, ensuring the compounds were cleaned, that meals were prompt and tasted good and ensuring they looked good before their husbands came back from farms.

The boys in the house were always responsible for splitting firewoods, why do you think my grandpa got his six packs from?

it runs in the family, we know just how to treat our women right   cheesy
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by 190: 8:19pm On Jun 05, 2011
violent:

My great grandpas treated em like a piece of jewel, while the men were away sweating in the farm, hunting bushmeat and fighting tigers, the women simply stayed back at home teaching kids how to make clay pots, ensuring the compounds were cleaned, that meals were prompt and tasted good and ensuring they looked good before their husbands came back from farms

it runs in the family, we know just how to treat our women right   cheesy

Violent, stop lying JOR

your grand mom pushed wheel barrow in the market

nor come here come dey throway lies grin grin
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by tpia5: 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2011
violent:

My great grandpas treated em like a piece of jewel, while the men were away sweating in the farm, hunting bushmeat and fighting tigers, the women simply stayed back at home teaching kids how to make clay pots, ensuring the compounds were cleaned, that meals were prompt and tasted good and ensuring they looked good before their husbands came back from farms.

The boys in the house were always responsible for splitting firewoods, why do you think my grandpa got his six packs from?

it runs in the family, we know just how to treat our women right   cheesy

^^nice write up but there are no tigers in nigeria and are you saying your grandpas were the ones pounding fufu?
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by 190: 8:21pm On Jun 05, 2011
^actually my dad's grand father killed a leopard

He hung the skin in his parlour till he passed on,

I dont even know if the skin was stolen or sold off

Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by tpia5: 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2011
i have the story to beat all stories when it comes to my grandpa but i'm not telling it here.
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by chibaby5(f): 8:24pm On Jun 05, 2011
190:

ROTFLMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Instead they know the full functions of BB, brazillian hair, latest wig from china, Lastest bra and pant released by gucci as well as Oprah's middle name

Lol lol lol grin grin
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by violent(m): 8:24pm On Jun 05, 2011
^^nice write up but there are no tigers in nigeria and are you saying your grandpas were the ones pounding fufu?

Well history had it there were a few in Nigeria back in the early 90s, my great grandads killed em all!   smiley
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by tpia5: 8:26pm On Jun 05, 2011
violent:

Well history had it there were a few in Nigeria back in the early 90s, my great grandads killed em all! smiley

tigers are native to asia, not africa.

do you mean leopards.
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by violent(m): 8:27pm On Jun 05, 2011
190:

Violent, stop lying JOR

your grand mom pushed wheel barrow in the market

nor come here come dey throway lies   grin  grin

You go chop cane o 190!
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by violent(m): 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2011
tpia@:

tigers are native to asia, not africa.

do you mean leopards.

no, i meant Tigers dammit!

[size=5pt](erhm, you seriously aren't taking the "fighting tigers" bit serious, are you?)[/size]
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by BABE3: 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2011
@ Tpiah! I love your sense of humor. It's so subtle. You make me laugh without even trying hard.  grin

@Topic: Well, inferring from your post you prefer the older generation women---Good Good.

@your question: Igba ni now-- Everything is all about time and season . B'aye ba she n yi, ni awa na n ba yi.

You don't expect me to start climbing trees in my Chanel Stilettos. You expect me to cook with firewood, when there is a decent electric cooker or what not? You don't expect to hunt for food, when I can simple to go walmart and get my meat. You don't expect me to farm when I have no business with farming---Geez!  Mi o wa'ye wahala mehn.

As for me sha (personally speaking), I don't like to trouble/stress myself. Why would I choose chopping firewood over shopping?  

Those older generation women you're talking about had no choice but to hunt for food. Older generations before them did more tedious things to "survive".  

As for the moral and "home training" expect, well, I'll agree with you on that. Aye ti gbaje gan nowadays.
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by 190: 8:29pm On Jun 05, 2011
tpia@:

i have the story to beat all stories when it comes to my grandpa but i'm not telling it here.

^ Looool, if ure talkin bout hunting --- u dont wanna go there except ure gonna end up lying

My grand father used to sit me down and tell me stories bout how he hunted Hippo's/water buffalo's in parks when

he was my current age around the 1940s/50s

A great hunter he was, He single handedly chased an antelope and caught it with his bare hands
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by tpia5: 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2011
violent:

no, i meant Tigers dammit!

[size=5pt](erhm, you seriously aren't taking the "fighting tigers" bit serious, are you?)[/size]

bros, there are NO tigers native to africa.

tigers are from asia.

even nigerian zoos dont have tigers.

if you know of any, please share.
Re: Girls Of Now Adays Are Far Below Compared To Girls Of Old(our Mummy's Contemporaries) Why? by tpia5: 8:31pm On Jun 05, 2011
190:

^ Looool, if ure talkin bout hunting --- u dont wanna go there except ure gonna end up lying

My grand father used to sit me down and tell me stories bout how he hunted Hippo's/water buffalo's in parks when

he was my current age around the 1940s/50s

A great hunter he was, He single handedly chased an antelope and caught it with his bare hands

my grandpa surpasses all that.

gba be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oya Make Una Rate My Throw Back Pix / How The Twitter Girl #5kbae Got The Guys Account Number. / A Cry For Help!!! Pls Romancelanders Help A Brother In Need.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.