Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,535 members, 7,823,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 (66167 Views)

Ernst And Young Calling For Aptitude Test 2012 / KPMG, Pricewaterhousecoopers, Ernst & Young RECRUITING. APPLY NOW / Aptitude Test Format For Ernst And Young, Kpmg And Pwc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by goke300: 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
I have just gotten an interview invite from E & Y. The interview is slated for Monday next week.
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by obynond: 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
I beliv d interview is by batches..so ppl lyk us wwho r yet 2get d invyt shld prepare 4 nxtweek..then d question of ow ur field fits in2 an accountin/auditingfirm,is wia ma concern is..coz me am a science student(industrial chemistry),so I don't kw d best way dat question can b answered..I was 1nce asked in a bank interview d same question and ma rply was "I beliv bankin deals wit calculation And mathematical figures,in d same way ma course of study goes a long way 2deal wit calculations,so wit dz realtionship I can b able 2 fit in2 bankin wit ma gud knowledge ofmathematical figures"..any1 hv a beta answer,please share
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by Ornaments(f): 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
michaeled45:

Akinola02 answered this. U would like to change ur career path since u have a clearer picture of what u really want to do now. U have always had a passion for finance since its a key resource in any organisation and and influences managerial decision making and as a testament to ur career switch, u have even registered for Ican and wud pursue an Mba and doctorate degree in dis area as well lol. Make sure there is conviction in ur choice of words. Afterall d present Ican president didn't come from an accounting background.

Thanx, i appreciate this. still expecting my mail. it is well.
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by dhelper10: 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
Also expecting, wish everyone in my shoes a favourable mail from EnY.
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by blueheffner(m): 1:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
Was just invited for an interview on monday,anybody else?
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by kelchy: 2:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
Pls is there anyone who gatecrashed that got success or regret mail?
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by blueheffner(m): 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
Please does anyone have any idea wen those that are finally recuited will be asked to resume? Cos am finishing my nysc on the 10th of october to be precise,and my first interview is on monday,so want to kbow if there will be a clash angry
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by goke300: 11:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
blueheffner: Please does anyone have any idea wen those that are finally recuited will be asked to resume? Cos am finishing my nysc on the 10th of october to be precise,and my first interview is on monday,so want to kbow if there will be a clash angry

What time are u scheduled for.
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by kayce19: 12:35am On Sep 07, 2013
blueheffner: Please does anyone have any idea wen those that are finally recuited will be asked to resume? Cos am finishing my nysc on the 10th of october to be precise,and my first interview is on monday,so want to kbow if there will be a clash angry
Don't really know but what time did u receive the mail invitng u for interview
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by dacrystal01(m): 3:38am On Sep 07, 2013
Peeps, pls I read English & Literary studies. I need someone to pls tell me how can relate it with accounting... Thanks in anticipation
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by blueheffner(m): 8:30am On Sep 07, 2013
kayce19:
Don't really know but what time did u receive the mail invitng u for interview
,on friday afternoon,around 12pm
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by oggy89: 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2013
@blueheffner. Wat time is ur interview on monday n venue?
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by oggy89: 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2013
@ ecolime n cyberx,pls wat did they tell u after the interview? Will get back to u or wat? Pls its important.
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by ecolime(m): 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
oggy89: @ ecolime n cyberx,pls wat did they tell u after the interview? Will get back to u or wat? Pls its important.
Yes. They said "Thanks for honouring our invitation, we will get back to you"
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by oggy89: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
@blueheffner. Wat time is ur interview on monday n venue?
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by rien05(f): 7:53am On Sep 09, 2013
The interview is basically centered on ur CV. And if ur doing ICAN now or have finished it, ur in for some real account questions. It was a panel of 6 on d day I had mine. I studied Geology and they made me give dem geology 101. At d end they told me to convince them on y I think I shld work with them. And remember wen they ask u if u hav a question, u must have a brilliant one. No matter how dey make u feel like its not so important to ask.
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by Imglad: 8:19am On Sep 09, 2013
rien05: The interview is basically centered on ur CV. And if ur doing ICAN now or have finished it, ur in for some real account questions. It was a panel of 6 on d day I had mine. I studied Geology and they made me give dem geology 101. At d end they told me to convince them on y I think I shld work with them. And remember wen they ask u if u hav a question, u must have a brilliant one. No matter how dey make u feel like its not so important to ask.
@ rein05,please did you get a sucess mail before the interview invite?
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by Imglad: 8:27am On Sep 09, 2013
rien05: The interview is basically centered on ur CV. And if ur doing ICAN now or have finished it, ur in for some real account questions. It was a panel of 6 on d day I had mine. I studied Geology and they made me give dem geology 101. At d end they told me to convince them on y I think I shld work with them. And remember wen they ask u if u hav a question, u must have a brilliant one. No matter how dey make u feel like its not so important to ask.
@ rein05,please did you get a sucess mail before the interview invite?@rein05 pls did you get a success mail before interview invite?
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by ednut1(m): 9:55am On Sep 09, 2013
I tire for EY o, no regret or succes mail,
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by toemiee: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
Good day,
Please those scheduled 4 an interview with EnY today at Ikoyi.....Please how was the interview and what kind of questions were being asked...especially for Accounting graduate also doing ICAN...Please help ooooo.
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by dabiko(m): 8:16am On Sep 10, 2013
Good morning guys.Please those that went for the interview yesterday should brief the house about it. Don't undestand this uttermost silence after the interview,yet peeps that did theirs last week briefed us which am sure helped.
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by blueheffner(m): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2013
Well,let me be the representative of yesterdays interviewees,the panel consisted of 3 people, one from each of their respective departments (assurance,tax and advisory) and they all had questions to ask,I was initially asked about the department I was interested in joining,I told dem,and den they asked for the reasons why. After that,then the drilling begun,since I am an accounting graduate and a chartered accountant for that matter,I was given different case scenarios to solve,I was asked questions from audit, financial accounting and advisory, I think I did well anyway,for those that aren't accounting graduates,I think their interviews will be a little shorter cos the only important thing is for u to know how to prove to dem that you will be valuable to the organisation,and y u shld be considered for the position. We were asked to fill a bulky questionaire with a lot of questions, before the interview sha,and den after the interview,everybody headed home, that's practically all of it,hope u're all satisfied wink

1 Like

Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 10, 2013
blueheffner: Well,let me be the representative of yesterdays interviewees,the panel consisted of 3 people, one from each of their respective departments (assurance,tax and advisory) and they all had questions to ask,I was initially asked about the department I was interested in joining,I told dem,and den they asked for the reasons why. After that,then the drilling begun,since I am an accounting graduate and a chartered accountant for that matter,I was given different case scenarios to solve,I was asked questions from audit, financial accounting and advisory, I think I did well anyway,for those that aren't accounting graduates,I think their interviews will be a little shorter cos the only important thing is for u to know how to prove to dem that you will be valuable to the organisation,and y u shld be considered for the position. We were asked to fill a bulky questionaire with a lot of questions, before the interview sha,and den after the interview,everybody headed home, that's practically all of it,hope u're all satisfied wink

Hmmm nawaooo. Scary ish. Na to remove dis Ican thing from Cv ooo den appear with it after some months of being hired

1 Like

Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by Ornaments(f): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2013
same here, no regret mail no invite mail. Still trusting on God
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by oggy89: 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
@blueheffner..pls wat time was ur interview yesterday? And hw long did d whole process take? And how many came for dat batch? Pls reply!!
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by ecolime(m): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2013
Why is everyone silent nah? What is popping? Any news?
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by blueheffner(m): 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
oggy89: @blueheffner..pls wat time was ur interview yesterday? And hw long did d whole process take? And how many came for dat batch? Pls reply!!
well mine took about 40-45 mins sha, but some pples own were relatively shorter,we were about 10 while I was there sha,but they had a list from which had the names of the people that were scheduled for the interview that day,so maybe they were expecting more peple dat day,I think everyother info can be gotten from my previous post
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by blueheffner(m): 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
makoo579:

Hmmm nawaooo. Scary ish. Na to remove dis Ican thing from Cv ooo den appear with it after some months of being hired
haba u don't need to remove it na,it actually has its advantages cos it gives u an upper hand wen they are considering those that will be recruited,also wen it comes to salary negotiation,it will be put into consideration,and u might get a higher pay,dat was how kpmg did theirs
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by oggy89: 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
@blue heffner. Thanx bro for d info..but pls wat time were u scheduled for?
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by rien05(f): 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
No I did not get a success mail before my invite mail. A first mail came stating change of venue for my interview and then I got d main one with all d details a day after. Make sure u sound and look confident during your interview and don't show them one pity face of how u desperately need d job. One of d girls dat was interviewed studied agric and was told to mention d present and previous minister of agriculture and was also asked dat if she was d agric minister wat wld she do to make things better. Its ok, d interviewers are all human beings and r not so scary.
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by rien05(f): 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
Pls was anyone scheduled for tuesday or wednesday? Want to know how long it will take b4 they start calling after the interviews.
Re: Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 by dabiko(m): 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
rien05: No I did not get a success mail before my invite mail. A first mail came stating change of venue for my interview and then I got d main one with all d details a day after. Make sure u sound and look confident during your interview and don't show them one pity face of how u desperately need d job. One of d girls dat was interviewed studied agric and was told to mention d present and previous minister of agriculture and was also asked dat if she was d agric minister wat wld she do to make things better. Its ok, d interviewers are all human beings and r not so scary.
Please is it compulsory to wear suit to the interview?reply asap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Hyundai Dealership Employed Dog As Sales Person With I.D, Desk In Brazil(Pics) / Exxonmobil 2015 Graduate /experienced Hire Recruitment / Pic.. See How Some Nigerian Women Hustles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.