Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees (23643 Views)

Students Still Learn Under Trees In Enugu State / Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? / 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by tpia5: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
automaticcarzz: Schools are like that in every part of Nigeria. What stops parents from buying furniture for their kids to use in their classrooms. Government cannot do everything alone. In the U.S, rich individuals contribute money to fund schools. Rich individuals don't care in Nigeria.

There are rich nlers even who can blow millions just because they saw somebody's butt, but to help these poor kids, suddenly becomes an issue.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Delafruita(m): 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
obailala:
Before u advocate for a killer policy like this, the first question should be "who is an indigene and who is not?"
A man who has lived and worked and paid all his taxes to Lagos state will be asked to pay higher fees for his kids because he's from Ondo state?

the college of education in ondo state charges almost 30% higher fees for non-indigenes.same as in almost every state in nigeria
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Akiika: 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
I went through the picture of kids in Nigerian schools and i weep. Is this the same country Government officials steal money and gets away with it? Is it the same country the president uses 1 billion Naira to feed in a year?...purchase fleets of presidential planes? All NASS members receive constituency project fund, what the heck do they use the money for? State Governments receive monthly allocation with nothing to show for it. Oh God, you are definitely a patient God, but please do something about these oppressors fast before they ruin the lives of these innocent children more than they already did.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Celepope: 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
Delafruita:
you need both medical and spiritual help
Bro save it for yourself cause you need the spiritual and medical help more.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Akiika: 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
Some of you guys are pathetic with your tribal ladden comments.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by rozayx5(m): 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
Delafruita:
the population of the entire akwa-ibom isnt up to the population of children of primary school age in lagos

try better next time, too lame to defend 23B monthly cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
tawa89: LOL. OP what were u expecting? An airconditioned classroom ?with lawn tennis court, equipped laboratory and library? Their poor parents can't afford to pay tolls so no1 gives a f.uck about them .The only crime those kids committed was being born poor. Nothing else.
OCHICHA TAGIH NOR NUO.MAKE U AND UR SO CALLED GODFATHER DEY CHOP OUR MONI.MUMU GO KILL U.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by thelastPope(m): 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
ACN, APC, LASG, Eko Ile, gbawe and all the other sycophants on here are nothing but a BIG FAT LIE!
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by slimfit1(m): 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
Shame on you fashola, we thought you are different.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by thelastPope(m): 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

You need psychiatric help ASAP. Keep waiting for government to provide your children a chair and desk that cost around 3000 naira. Ode arindin jati jati!

Just imagine your response. I am sure this is what you would have posted if the report was about an FG school. You guy are pathetic liars and shameless sycophants! You are all making fooools of yourselves. Shame!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
thelastPope:

Just imagine your response. I am sure this is what you would have posted if the report was about an FG school. You guy are pathetic liars and shameless sycophants! You are all making fooools of yourselves. Shame!

You omo Ibos are most interested in pointing fingers. The fact is; there are dilapidated schools in Lagos and every parts of Nigeria as we debate. I can also point out Lagos still have the best school buildings in Nigeria, followed by Akwa Ibom. Accusing me of defending Fashola is a non starter. Show me where I defended Fashola.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by thelastPope(m): 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
tpia@:

There are rich nlers even who can blow millions just because they saw somebody's butt, but to help these poor kids, suddenly becomes an issue.

More shameless comments, just because the report is about your "fake performing governor" building bridges in the sky! You are all going to be exposed for the lies and propaganda that you are!

Shame!!!
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by kutchs: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

Tell me your state so I can upload pictures as worse as that of Lagos State. Generally, public schools are in bad shape in every part of Nigeria.

Below is a video of dilapidated schools in Anambra:

https://www.nairaland.com/1173644/horrible-state-public-schools-anambra
I hope the mods permit me but you‘re a shameless idiot. Gawd I can‘t believe you could say this. Why are you defending this mess because it‘s in Lagos?
This is a situation we all must reject as unacceptable whether in Imo, Anambra, Lagos or even Taraba. We deserve more than this, education (I mean quality education) is a right and not a privilege.
The more we excuse situations such as this the more messed up Nigeria will continue to be.
FYI am from Imo State so you can upload any video or picture you want, I won‘t make any excuse for it, doing so makes me silly and wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
kutchs:
I hope the mods permit me but you‘re a shameless idiot. Gawd I can‘t believe you could say this. Why are you defending this mess because it‘s in Lagos?
This is a situation we all must reject as unacceptable whether in Imo, Anambra, Lagos or even Taraba. We deserve more than this, education (I mean quality education) is a right and not a privilege.
The more we excuse situations such as this the more messed up Nigeria will continue to be.
FYI am from Imo State so you can upload any video or picture you want, I won‘t make any excuse for it, doing so makes me silly and wicked.

I never defended Fashola in anyway. Your kinsmen are always interested in pointing fingers, whereas there are bad school condition in their abode. Show me where I have defended Fashola. The point is that; I tried to show those who are criticizing the schools in Lagos as if Lagos is the only place where bad schools exist. I have pictures of bad schools from all parts of Nigeria saved here.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by tawa89(f): 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
OCHICHA TAGIH NOR NUO.MAKE U AND UR SO CALLED GODFATHER DEY CHOP OUR MONI.MUMU GO KILL U.
Dude! Chill!! Thats sarcasm. SMH
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by thelastPope(m): 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

You omo Ibos are most interested in pointing fingers. The fact is; there are dilapidated schools in Lagos and every parts of Nigeria as we debate. I can also point out Lagos still have the best school buildings in Nigeria, followed by Akwa Ibom. Accusing me of defending Fashola is a non starter. Show me where I defended Fashola.

See your tail tucked far inside ur behind and you trying to make a getaway with "my neighbour is also at fault too" flimsy excuse. Shame on you. When you come on here to blame GEJ for poverty, do you ever mention that your "performing gov" is a contributor to that poverty spree? Shame on you liars and propaganda bunch! All you do is post nonsense pictures of fashola commision bricklayer slab workshop and cooking gas shop! Very pathetic bunch you are! Shame!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by anonimi: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
Delafruita:
the population of the entire akwa-ibom isnt up to the population of children of primary school age in lagos

Can we assume that primary school children are aged 5-11?
What % of Lagos population will be in that age range- up to 40%?
I hope you have credible record of PUBLIC primary school children in Lagos state so we can compare with "the entire population of Akwa Ibom"
Please note that as per the 2006 census Akwa Ibom has 3,902,051 i.e. 42.8% of Lagos state population at 9,113,605.
Check NPC web site

We should also not forget that while Lagos has schools and other infrastructures from decades of federal money as capital that only needs regular MAINTENANCE and REFURBISHING, Akwa Ibom is a new state.
We should not compare apples with oranges.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
thelastPope:

See your tail tucked far inside ur behind and you trying to make a getaway with "my neighbour is also at fault too" flimsy excuse. Shame on you. When you come on here to blame GEJ for poverty, do you ever mention that your "performing gov" is a contributor to that poverty spree? Shame on you liars and propaganda bunch! All you do is post nonsense pictures of fashola commision bricklayer slab workshop and cooking gas shop! Very pathetic bunch you are! Shame!!!

Why are you crying? This is not a matter to cry about. I never meant to make you cry though.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

This topic is about Lagos state. Stick to the topic or face front. If you want to debate the state of schools in other states, open new threads for them and we'll meet you there.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by niytej(m): 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
And wah's d big deal in receivin' class under d tree/floor? undecided
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by norrisman: 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
automaticcarzz: Schools are like that in every part of Nigeria. What stops parents from buying furniture for their kids to use in their classrooms. Government cannot do everything alone. In the U.S, rich individuals contribute money to fund schools. Rich individuals don't care in Nigeria.

really?
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
is this ile-kewu or what?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

I never defended Fashola in anyway. Your kinsmen are always interested in pointing fingers, whereas there are bad school condition in their abode. Show me where I have defended Fashola. The point is that; I tried to show those who are criticizing the schools in Lagos as if Lagos is the only place where bad schools exist. I have pictures of bad schools from all parts of Nigeria saved here.

Double faced goon. When the poor state if infrastructure is discussed here on NL and GEJ us bashed, why don't you infirm other forumites that infrastructures in our neighbouring countries; Niger, Chad, Cameroun, Togo, Benin, Mali are even worse than what obtains here?

Dude, you can't defend the indefensible.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
And d video we just watch is trying to convice us that all is well in Lagos abi? Somebody was mentioning 60% of all company in nigeria hv headquarters in lagos,60%nollywood actors & actresses leaved in lagos.My quastion is,are this people nt paying their Tax?Shame on u lagos state government.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by thelastPope(m): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

Why are you crying? This is not a matter to cry about. I never meant to make you cry though.

Do I look like buhari to you? Only coup plotters and bigots like you and Buhari cry like little girls. lol

Shame on you for trying to divert attention from the topic with you "other states" decoy!!! All the schools are a big mess all the roads in alimosho are like gullies! Adeniji Jones to Acme link road has been incomatose for 10 years now! Okota, ikotun, etc are all hell holes, but you lot will keep posting pictures of a 5MW generator as Fashola's achievement and a list of projects that will be completed in 2030 as his achievements. lol

Shameless liars! Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by adexsimply(m): 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
Cele-pope:
Labaran Maku has said it all that at the right time the FG will expose them that they are doing nothing in Lagos and hiding under federal Govt projects and showing us buildings of private individuals and foreign Multi-national buildings as if that has any relationship with Lagos state Government development.When it was said that Akpabs is the best Governor in Nigeria some scumbags that has never gone beyond Ojodu Berger i.e Eko Ile,Gbawe,Eko Atlantic [size=14pt]and Ugly and body odoured Texas cowgoat(better not respond if not i will expose you cause i know you very well one on one)[/size] came here calling him names all in other to force Fashola as the best Governor in Nigeria.Time will tell.
Please tell us more about this cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
thelastPope:

Do I look like buhari to you? Only coup plotters and bigots like you and Buhari cry like little girls. lol

Shame on you for trying to divert attention from the topic with you "other states" decoy!!! All the schools are a big mess all the roads in alimosho are like gullies! Adeniji Jones to Acme link road has been incomatose for 10 years now! Okota, ikotun, etc are all hell holes, but you lot will keep posting pictures of a 5MW generator as Fashola's achievement and a list of projects that will be completed in 2030 as his achievements. lol

Shameless liars! Hahahahaha

Why don't you move to Awka, Owerri, Onitsha or Abakalaki if Lagos was as bad as you described?
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by foreignstudy: 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
Akiika: I went through the picture of kids in Nigerian schools and i weep. Is this the same country Government officials steal money and gets away with it? Is it the same country the president uses 1 billion Naira to feed in a year?...purchase fleets of presidential planes? All NASS members receive constituency project fund, what the heck do they use the money for? State Governments receive monthly allocation with nothing to show for it. Oh God, you are definitely a patient God, but please do something about these oppressors fast before they ruin the lives of these innocent children more than they already did.
you forgot something a country where the churches are rich where the parents give money to the churches. Why the churches cannot make schools for the normal people not Universities for the rich. I think that is also a big problem.
Parents should look first at there children that they get a good education, that is also a big problem that the money goes to the wrong places.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by thelastPope(m): 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
And d video we just watch is trying to convice us that all is well in Lagos abi? Somebody was mentioning 60% of all company in nigeria hv headquarters in lagos,60%nollywood actors & actresses leaved in lagos.My quastion is,are this people nt paying their Tax?Shame on u lagos state government.

You dey mind these folks. In my area, there are about 6 private schools around me. No single government school. So tell me what the goverment is doing with the taxes. You mostly find government schools in poor areas, yet they still look like the flinstones! Most decent areas have private schools.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri / Kogi APC Battles Oshiomhole Over Plot To Deny Yahaya Bello Ticket / Gbajabiamila Reacts To Surulere Plaza Fire, Prays For Victims (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.