Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos (19041 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Video Of Jonathan Working Out In A Gym / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Dejiro(m): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
This is a good promotional video. It will help sell Lagos if well circulated. Lagos also has potential to make money from tourism, please keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
oche_ejemb: This article is in very poor taste. Very poor, one would expect better from Sahara but well, they are Sahara.

This is a promo video, and advert for Lagos. All the places shown are in Lagos not London or New York or your village. Lagos is progressing, 50+ years of infrastructure decay on the one hand, and organic population growth on the other hand cannot be overcome in one day or even a few years, but Lagos is trying to overcome this, meething these challenges head on.

Lagos is a city that one-tenth of Nigeria's population calls home, it is indeed one of the safest places in the country (as unsafe as it may be), and it is a place that with the right amount of funds anybody would love love love to call home.

Yes, Lagos has slums, traffic and a shît load of other problems, Fashola and Tinubu did not cause these problems, Fashola is actively trying to fix them the way no other governor before him has. It would be stupid, in trying to increase revenue by wooing tourists and investors, to show them the slums of Lagos. Are they being invited to experience the slums or the splendour of Lagos?
gbam.you have summarised the whole issh in a very pragmatic,accurate and realistic way

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by doctimi(m): 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
So many bad belle people, evn more retarded than retardeen...
Well... it's been said that ''To avoid criticism, Do nothing, Say nothing and Be nothing''... Haters must always hate.
This is a deliberate howbeit strategic dimension to attract investors into the state, thereby increase the IGR, create jobs, etc. Some people want him to show ajegunle, abuleegba, ijora,etc......
Mtcheeewwwwwwww.
iMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING...It will Happen soon
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
Why fash de dull us now, them no even add shomolu sad
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by madamoringo(f): 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
Most of the bad belle people on this thread do not live or have a farthing to contribute to Lagos or the Great SW Yoruba States! Yes, there is still a lot of work to be done including Makoko and the Governor Raji Fashola knows that more than anybody else, hear him: "...there is no finish line...". What is most important is progress, ambitious, daring projects, innovation and an irrepressible spirit of success and invention, some of the several core attributes of the Yorubas and Nigerians in general! Little by little, one at a time, Lagos and the entire South Western Yoruba States and their close allies, who believe in the vision, will completely tower above every state in Africa and rub shoulders with the best in the world!

My hope is that every other state and parts of Nigeria should not feel intimidated but work hard and copy the Yoruba South West in order to begin a similar march to greatness and the agglomeration of our individual successes will be one big Nigerian Success Story - Made in Nigeria! To this end, let any dreamer of secession physically live geographic Nigeria to anywhere else where they will never be asked about or missed! This it it guys! wink wink

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by isquar3d3(m): 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
guvna: Absolute Fantasy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's not bro. And the idea the video is giving us is that Lagos is a work in progress and not a finished thing. I can confidently say most of what I saw in that video is the real Lagos. Aside Eko Atlantic that we know is not yet there, light rail and the water corporation thing. wink wink
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
nairalforlaughs: kulyie

Lets have the audacity to hope for a better lagos.

And NIGERIA

o,k,lol,i missed that part,thanks for the correction even though i have my reservations for pdp and joe cheesy
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by deor03(m): 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
Please play your part..

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by miteolu(m): 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
guvna: Absolute Fantasy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
las vegas was once a desert,now a mega city with high level technological development.if that can happen to a state that had little or no resources,i dont think this dream is a fantasy.besides fantasies too become reality often times
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by PapaBrowne(m): 5:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
@ Video. Excellent excellent excellent.
Its good to present a good image of Lagos.
Its good to make it look like we are making progress.
Hopefully we would be able to attract investments from around the world.

But its better to face realities. And I love Lagos despite these realities.
Lagos is a cesspit and one of the worst human habitations on the face of the planet.
The air is putrid. The drainage smells of sewage. The buses are a box of venomous agony.
The faces of Lagosians....mercy, lord have mercy. Suffering blood shot eyes everywhere.
People are angry, hungry and fiery. 10 million souls grinding through the struggle.
And people happily pay New York prices, for real estate that looks like the Favelas of Rio.

The good news though is that in all of this, there is loads of money to be made in that city.
People literally pick millions on the streets daily.Lots of lots of people. So the rush to the city is an ever ending one despite the struggle and agony, the fetid atmosphere and the Manhattan-ish prices!

Lagos still remains what I think is the greatest land of opportunity on the face of the planet.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by 9jauk: 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
Ths lads with thr over hyped budget...kudos to uncle fash", ain't sure of Tinubu's miseries is so hungry for power.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by AjanleKoko: 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
oche_ejemb: This article is in very poor taste. Very poor, one would expect better from Sahara but well, they are Sahara.

This is a promo video, and advert for Lagos. All the places shown are in Lagos not London or New York or your village. Lagos is progressing, 50+ years of infrastructure decay on the one hand, and organic population growth on the other hand cannot be overcome in one day or even a few years, but Lagos is trying to overcome this, meething these challenges head on.

Lagos is a city that one-tenth of Nigeria's population calls home, it is indeed one of the safest places in the country (as unsafe as it may be), and it is a place that with the right amount of funds anybody would love love love to call home.

Yes, Lagos has slums, traffic and a shît load of other problems, Fashola and Tinubu did not cause these problems, Fashola is actively trying to fix them the way no other governor before him has. It would be stupid, in trying to increase revenue by wooing tourists and investors, to show them the slums of Lagos. Are they being invited to experience the slums or the splendour of Lagos?

+1,
It is always easier for chumps to toe the line of Sahara Reporters and pour out their negativity.
We all watch the Incredible India ads on CNN. If any of you have been to India, you'd know how much of a stinking cesspit India really is. But then, you put your best foot forward if you're looking for investment. Else we'd all be going to job interviews wearing the worst clothes in our wardrobes undecided

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by nairalforlaughs: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
kulyie: o,k,lol,i missed that part,thanks for the correction even though i have my reservations for pdp and joe cheesy

My bro/sis, I am not into party, just want a good country. smiley
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by everyday: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
Well,there is no doubt that fashola has more work to be done
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
its quite pathetic the way lagos has turned out. Motorist now drive with fear of the excesses of Lastma, VIO and police. While picking up my inpounded car at the VIO office today, I met a middle aged woman. she looked dazed and lost. Out of concern, I approached her. With eyes filled with tears and deep in thoughts, she made a statement . A statement i knew she meant from the dept of her heart. In her words, "I REGRET BEING A NIGERIAN". those words were deep and as patriotic as i could get, I couldn't scare up any defence.

I am putting this up for those who don't know already. Lagos state touts (Lastma,VIO,police) are out to frustrate people. get your new(not exactly new but lagos state endorsed) drivers licence as those issued by the roadsafety or from any other state are now deemed to be fake or forged. please.

I am certain i will never vote acn, or anything that has to do with tinubu and fashola.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by idnole4(m): 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
I love this video. We should be doing so at the national level too.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by baby124: 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
Nice video

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Biggysmalls919(m): 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
megacity indeed. Common traffic lights are not even installed on roads properly. The few u see, nigerians wont obey. People open their cunts and dicks to urinate on the freeway, abadoned vehicles litter everywhere like junkyard, street trading, air pollution, noise pollution from ppl selling music cds or local naija film. We all know its impossible. Nigerians are too stuborn to embrace good life in their own country. When u try to correct people to do things right in public. The response is, "u be oyibo" or "this is nigeria abeg"etc for those of us who are outside naija, we know that its a big joke by any governor to make such a pronouncement

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by basilo101: 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
kulyie: inform the local government authorities in your area.fashola cannot be everywhere and solve all of lagos problems,he is not a super man,that is why we have 57 local governments in lagos state.2o constitutionally recognized and 37 lcda's
Kano has 44 LGAs and is said to have the highest in Nigeria. r u sure abt the 57 LGA in Lagos?
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by slimfit1(m): 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
Fix the state schools first please.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by howfarwhatagwan: 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
Fantastic Video... Have my issues with a few things but overall this is the way to go too much negativity about Nigeria especially amongst us Nigerians we need to become more positive. Fashola target electricity abeg. If electricity can work in Nigeria believe me we will be flying high I am so convinced about that.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
9ja like yankee, Lagos like New York City... Hehehehe grin
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by basilo101: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
madam_oringo: Most of the bad belle people on this thread do not live or have a farthing to contribute to Lagos or the Great SW Yoruba States! Yes, there is still a lot of work to be done including Makoko and the Governor Raji Fashola knows that more than anybody else, hear him: "...there is no finish line...". What is most important is progress, ambitious, daring projects, innovation and an irrepressible spirit of success and invention, some of the several core attributes of the Yorubas and Nigerians in general! Little by little, one at a time, Lagos and the entire South Western Yoruba States and their close allies, who believe in the vision, will completely tower above every state in Africa and rub shoulders with the best in the world!

My hope is that every other state and parts of Nigeria should not feel intimidated but work hard and copy the Yoruba South West in order to begin a similar march to greatness and the agglomeration of our individual successes will be one big Nigerian Success Story - Made in Nigeria! To this end, let any dreamer of secession physically live geographic Nigeria to anywhere else where they will never be asked about or missed! This it it guys! wink wink
Lagos is virtually sitting on federal infrastructure --Labaran Maku.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by TheBookWorm: 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
Why can't Lagos simply be Lagos?

Do you hear Hong Kong or Singapore claiming to be Asia's Big Apple?

Or Sao Paulo as South America's Big Apple?

But there is nothing like Lagos. Eko oni baje o!
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by izzo22: 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
ebamma 3: .if lagos state is not safe as the article implies why then is that
50percent of multinational company headquarters are based there
70percent of companies in nigeria have their headquarters there
60percent of nollywood actors and nigerian musicians live there
and almost 10million people live there?
its all political, u forget Lagos was state capital.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by TheBookWorm: 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
But Lagos would make a perfect city-state like Singapore. cool

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by kutchs: 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
kulyie: inform the local government authorities in your area.fashola cannot be everywhere and solve all of lagos problems,he is not a super man,that is why we have 57 local governments in lagos state.2o constitutionally recognized and 37 lcda's
So good to hear you say that. Next time pls just know Jonathan is not SUPERMAN and cannot be everywhere at the same time. Next time the World Bank releases one of those their reports about how bad Nigeria is, pls express the same sentiments as you have done here. Pls know that Nigeria has 36 states and 774 LGs that feed fat on generated revenue every month.
Pls know that eradication of poverty, unemployment, infant and maternal mortality etc is not the responsibility of the FG alone. Pls know that states also have responsibilty to improve literacy, make our education sound and more service oriented.

In essence all I am saying is let the states and lgs also share part of the blame for a ‘poor‘ Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by IGBOSON1: 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
jericco1: I'll be back

^^^No problem Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
This is an advert not fantasy video! Who wrote this topic?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo & El-Rufai In Italy For Brenthurst Conference On Elections Monitoring / Abdulmajid Danbilki Commander: Tinubu Cannot Rule Us By Dictatorship / Buhari At 80: 12 Things Nigerians Need To Know - Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.