Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos (19040 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Video Of Jonathan Working Out In A Gym / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by TheBookWorm: 1:25am On Jun 15, 2013
ShyM-X:
^^^^Keep fooling yourself with all those third world slums all over America from New Orleans, to Detroit, to Flint, to Marine city in the bay, to South Carolina, to Florida etc. undecided Even the people living there look and talk like they've got down syndrome. undecided

Are you really comparing the ghettos of the US with an African slum? grin

Dude have you even traveled outside of London to tell someone about their own backyard?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 1:33am On Jun 15, 2013
whitecat007: Define "fantasy" and tell us why this is so

If you or any of your relatives make living out Lagos the land you hate, if you build a house with that money it will collapse and kill you and all your family members or catch fire and burn all of you to ashes. If you buy a car with the money made in the land you hate, that will be your moving coffin cos every inch of your body will be fed to every part of the vehicle when it wrecks

Only those who love and take care of a land wiil reap the reward of it. The rest are just temporal

^^^^This is just madness. angry

What is it with you fashola/tinubu/ACN hacks for goodness sake? You dish out the worst kind of vitriol and you cannot take ANY criticism at all, no matter how justified.

You cannot silence those who refuse to see the fashola administration and the ACN through rose tinted spectacles. Who the hell do you all think you are anyway? angry

If you have lost the capacity for critical self-examination, do not think for a second that this malady has afflicted everyone else in this country. We can see and hear and we have not lost our minds!

At every turn it is drummed into our ears that fashola/Lagos/ACN 'is working'. 'Éko o ni baje'. Yet is taking an eternity for Hitech Construction Company (under the supervision of the Lagos state government) to complete work on a roughly 100 metre stretch (between Doby's Haven and Ikota Shopping Complex) of the Lekki-Epe expressway under construction. The contractor has been going through the motions for almost 18 months, moving back and forth over that stretch without any consideration for the discomfort to road users. How hard can it be to construct a bridge over a drainage channel for God's sake? angry Build the damn road and spare us the sloganeering! angry (I am not even going to go into the injustice of the tolling fee regime for the users of this same road. That is a battle reserved for another day).

Has your principal bothered to carry out any monitoring of his LASTMA goons? Do you know what goes on in LASTMA's towing yards? Do you know anything about the injustice and the unbridled corruption that this agency has become so well known for? Why is it impossible for the agbero/area problem to be eradicated in Lagos and Western Nigeria? How can louts and thugs who contribute absolutely nothing to society continue to live off the sweat of transporters and market traders without retribution? These are the questions you should ask and demand answers to instead of devoting your time to online hagiography.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 15, 2013
TheBookWorm:

Dude have you even traveled outside of London to tell someone about their own backyard?

I've not travelled outside London, yet I know more about America better than you do.

Keep living in your own delusional world - America is littered with third world slums everywhere.

We're talking about a country that has a section for homeless people in every state here. A country with more homeless people than Malawi loooool.

Anyway, my stomping ground used to be in Stapleton and Van Dyke projects. wink
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by 99cent: 2:25am On Jun 15, 2013
TheBookWorm:

my post mentioned America. not London. read before you post.
I don't know what london is like but if it is indeed flowing with milk and honey as you say, then, so be it.
For the investors fashola is trying to court who may have never stepped foot in lagos, let them also form their opinion through fashola's words. these oyinbo men and women will not be living in lagos slums. they will be experiencing the luxury fashola is showing them. it has always been that way. so why should fashola be showing them slums?

aren't there also slums in america? do they put the slums in their glamorous hollywood movies?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 4:47am On Jun 15, 2013
Apparently only Lagos Island constitutes Lagos State. Those skyscrapers were mostly built by Fg and investors when Lagos was federal capital.

Fashola should show us his own completed projects and not advertise on the back of the same FG he criticizes.

All he does is control traffic and environmental sanitation. Eko o ni baje indeed....b4 nko, its mostly fgn property so the least u csn do is maintain it.

Btw i am so loving Jonathan's new disposition of cutting them governors to size.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:52am On Jun 15, 2013
Nnanna224: [s]Apparently only Lagos Island constitutes Lagos State. Those skyscrapers were mostly built by Fg and investors when Lagos was federal capital.

Fashola should show us his own completed projects and not advertise on the back of the same FG he criticizes.

All he does is control traffic and environmental sanitation. Eko o ni baje indeed....b4 nko, its mostly fgn property so the least u csn do is maintain it.

Btw i am so loving Jonathan's new disposition of cutting them governors to size.
[/s]

Must you people regurgitate your ignorant village illiterate nonsense in public?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:56am On Jun 15, 2013
VolvoS60:

[s]^^^^This is just madness. angry

What is it with you fashola/tinubu/ACN hacks for goodness sake? You dish out the worst kind of vitriol and you cannot take ANY criticism at all, no matter how justified.

You cannot silence those who refuse to see the fashola administration and the ACN through rose tinted spectacles. Who the hell do you all think you are anyway? angry

If you have lost the capacity for critical self-examination, do not think for a second that this malady has afflicted everyone else in this country. We can see and hear and we have not lost our minds!

At every turn it is drummed into our ears that fashola/Lagos/ACN 'is working'. 'Éko o ni baje'. Yet is taking an eternity for Hitech Construction Company (under the supervision of the Lagos state government) to complete work on a roughly 100 metre stretch (between Doby's Haven and Ikota Shopping Complex) of the Lekki-Epe expressway under construction. The contractor has been going through the motions for almost 18 months, moving back and forth over that stretch without any consideration for the discomfort to road users. How hard can it be to construct a bridge over a drainage channel for God's sake? angry Build the damn road and spare us the sloganeering! angry (I am not even going to go into the injustice of the tolling fee regime for the users of this same road. That is a battle reserved for another day).

Has your principal bothered to carry out any monitoring of his LASTMA goons? Do you know what goes on in LASTMA's towing yards? Do you know anything about the injustice and the unbridled corruption that this agency has become so well known for? Why is it impossible for the agbero/area problem to be eradicated in Lagos and Western Nigeria? How can louts and thugs who contribute absolutely nothing to society continue to live off the sweat of transporters and market traders, without any retribution? These are the questions you should ask and demand answers to instead of devoting your time to online hagiography. [/s]

You really don't have to type this pointless and meaningless ignorant essay just to convince us that you are afflicted with chronic bad bele, just summarize your bad bele and save us some valuable bandwidth..
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by ba7man(m): 6:54am On Jun 15, 2013
Its almost as if some people prefer the old Lagos where you could find mountains of refuse everywhere, dirty illegal markets along major roads, rowdy Okada riders everywhere, lawless citizens and no visible infrastructural development in progress........ There were free to do what they wanted back then and they paid no tax too.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by ba7man(m): 7:00am On Jun 15, 2013
Nnanna224: Apparently only Lagos Island constitutes Lagos State. Those skyscrapers were mostly built by Fg and investors when Lagos was federal capital.

You have no personal point of view, you're just repeating what you heard from Labaran Maku......Like a voice recorder on playback.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 15, 2013
nairalforlaughs:

My bro/sis, I am not into party, just want a good country. smiley
lol,ok dear wink
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 15, 2013
basilo101:
Kano has 44 LGAs and is said to have the highest in Nigeria. r u sure abt the 57 LGA in Lagos?
like i said earlier,lagos has 2o constitutionally recognized local govts and 37 lcda's.if you dont believe me google it.if not for time,ill have listed all the local govts.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 15, 2013
kutchs:
So good to hear you say that. Next time pls just know Jonathan is not SUPERMAN and cannot be everywhere at the same time. Next time the World Bank releases one of those their reports about how bad Nigeria is, pls express the same sentiments as you have done here. Pls know that Nigeria has 36 states and 774 LGs that feed fat on generated revenue every month.
Pls know that eradication of poverty, unemployment, infant and maternal mortality etc is not the responsibility of the FG alone. Pls know that states also have responsibilty to improve literacy, make our education sound and more service oriented.

In essence all I am saying is let the states and lgs also share part of the blame for a ‘poor‘ Nigeria.
it is quite unfortunate that the idea of decentralization of government into state and local govt to decongest the enourmous work of the central govt has brought about intense corruption in all parts of the sectors.leaders are not bad in themselves but the inherent corruption in all these sectors is what is making nigeria poor.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by bigrovar(m): 8:02am On Jun 15, 2013
Reading the thread makes one depressed. I have often said, our biggest problem is not illiteracy but huge number of unenlightened literate people we have. Anyone with half a brain would realize that this video was not meant for Nigerians or Lagosians, it was aimed at attracting foreign investors. It is called branding. South Africa does this with their Proudly South Africa Branding exercise, This is a country facing serious AIDS issues and with one of the highest rape/murder and crime rate in the world. Yet they have been able to show case the bright side of their country. The side they want to present to the world.. The best part of South Africa. India also does this with their Incredible India promo shown on CNN and other international TV stations. Incredible India won't tell u India is a home to over 400 million people living in abject poverty (That is almost more than the whole population of West and East & Central Africa put together) some in condition worse than sub Saharan African. Yet India has been able to showcase its best to the world.

Lagos is not the worst city in the world, It has huge infrastructural problems, Its a 3rd world city with many 3rd world problems. Yet Lagos is a mega city. A city with GDP bigger than Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi put together. The most cosmopolitan city in west africa. A city where you can arrive with nothing and make something big of yourself. A city full of oppotunities. It is the most industralized city of the 2nd biggest economy in Africa. It is the only Nigerian city whose major revenue is from non oil sector. Lagos is an investors paradise which has been put too much on negative light mostly by western press. There is nothing wrong in showing the world a different side to lagos. In fact its a side of lagos which needs to be sold more so that the city can change perception and in essence bring in needed investments in areas like transportation, power, etc with the hope of providing jobs for you and I. A lagos where people of different ethnicity and religious background live side by side and peace and harmony. A lagos on its way to becoming the biggest city in Africa. I look at this documentary with pride not because I am rich or I never saw the ugly side of Lagos. But because this ulgy side is what the world see and knows about Lagos. Its great that someone is trying to show another side of Lagos. Unfortunately inferiority complex is enshrined in the blood of many Nigerias
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 8:29am On Jun 15, 2013
Eko Ile:

You really don't have to type this pointless and meaningless ignorant essay just to convince us that you are afflicted with chronic bad bele, just summarize your bad bele and save us some valuable bandwidth..

^^^^
Typical. For once, confront the issues raised!

Your insults will never move me, sir/madam. All I will advise you is to tell your masters to beware of hubris. It has brought down men far, far greater than them.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by tpia5: 9:06am On Jun 15, 2013
lovely video, Eko o ni baje.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Geniusvic(m): 9:29am On Jun 15, 2013
Optimism and hope for a greater Nigeria and Africa is what we need not criticism. Real or not, that video is awesome. We need to give our Country a good image always!
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by ba7man(m): 9:54am On Jun 15, 2013
bigrovar: Reading the thread makes one depressed. I have often said, our biggest problem is not illiteracy but huge number of unenlightened literate people we have. Anyone with half a brain would realize that this video was not meant for Nigerians or Lagosians, it was aimed at attracting foreign investors. It is called branding. South Africa does this with their Proudly South Africa Branding exercise, This is a country facing serious AIDS issues and with one of the highest rape/murder and crime rate in the world. Yet they have been able to show case the bright side of their country. The side they want to present to the world.. The best part of South Africa. India also does this with their Incredible India promo shown on CNN and other international TV stations. Incredible India won't tell u India is a home to over 400 million people living in abject poverty (That is almost more than the whole population of West and East & Central Africa put together) some in condition worse than sub Saharan African. Yet India has been able to showcase its best to the world.

Lagos is not the worst city in the world, It has huge infrastructural problems, Its a 3rd world city with many 3rd world problems. Yet Lagos is a mega city. A city with GDP bigger than Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi put together. The most cosmopolitan city in west africa. A city where you can arrive with nothing and make something big of yourself. A city full of oppotunities. It is the most industralized city of the 2nd biggest economy in Africa. It is the only Nigerian city whose major revenue is from non oil sector. Lagos is an investors paradise which has been put too much on negative light mostly by western press. There is nothing wrong in showing the world a different side to lagos. In fact its a side of lagos which needs to be sold more so that the city can change perception and in essence bring in needed investments in areas like transportation, power, etc with the hope of providing jobs for you and I. A lagos where people of different ethnicity and religious background live side by side and peace and harmony. A lagos on its way to becoming the biggest city in Africa. I look at this documentary with pride not because I am rich or I never saw the ugly side of Lagos. But because this ulgy side is what the world see and knows about Lagos. Its great that someone is trying to show another side of Lagos. Unfortunately inferiority complex is enshrined in the blood of many Nigerias
God Bless you.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by OneNaira6: 9:54am On Jun 15, 2013
what a huge insult to mama Africa. we constantly naming Nigeria shit that's not reality. Lagos, the big apple of africa. he and tinubu are pretty much trying to say lagos is africa's new york. what insult to mama africa and the countries within it. narobi which is a billion times better than lagos isn't talking. casablanca isn't talking, luanda isn't talking, johanessburg isn't talking, so many African cities wey better isn't talking but yet the city that's one of the listed worst cities in the world is talking. what an insult to the continent of Africa.

as for those shouting, it's an advert, it's an advert. nobody, absolutely NOONE loves false advertisement. Noone wants to see beautiful pictures or adverts and once you get there, you see the opppsite. people do not like being decieved. PR are constantly shunning out false, overretouched pics of that city and when people finally show the real truth like the rick ross video, Nigerians get angry.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by OneNaira6: 10:21am On Jun 15, 2013
ShyM-X:
^^^^Keep fooling yourself with all those third world slums all over America from New Orleans, to Detroit, to Flint, to'Marine city in the bay, to South Carolina, to Florida etc. undecided Even the people living there look and talk like they've got down syndrome. undecided

stick to UK and leave USA if you don't know what you speak of. have u ever stepped foot in the ghetto of USA? there lifestyle isn't anything close to slum in Nigeria. for every ghetto, there is free housing giving to them by the government. food stamp and some are qualified to get checks every month by the government for not doing anything expect having some kind of disability or single parenthood. The social workers hands them jobs. They even pay for their education especially those high school dropouts seeking GED, CNA, PR, etc. they have a community center equipped with pool, basketball courts, gym, etc. Each ghetto have at least one or two free health clinic. For every criminal offense, depending on how poor they are, there is a free lawyer handed to am. Even if they don't have a washing machine at their house, wash stores are all over the ghetto. let's not even get into with the cheap stores for their clothing and necessary living standard supplies, constant electricity, clean water, etc. the ghetto living in usa is equivalent to middle class living of nigeria.

nigeria slum and american ghetto are not alike, not one bit. as for them looking likes retards, that's cause most of the people living in the ghetto/hood are drug addicts, high school dropouts, drug dealers and their baby mama.

Even UK ghetto is somewhat similar to American ghetto. i might not live in England and I've not been there as of yet but judging from what i in BBC america, there hood lifestyle ain't nothing like what we see in Nigeria's slum. it is more similar to USA ghetto than makoko or wherever else

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by anonimi: 10:22am On Jun 15, 2013
VolvoS60:

Has your principal bothered to carry out any monitoring of his LASTMA goons? Do you know what goes on in LASTMA's towing yards? Do you know anything about the injustice and the unbridled corruption that this agency has become so well known for? Why is it impossible for the agbero/area problem to be eradicated in Lagos and Western Nigeria? How can louts and thugs who contribute absolutely nothing to society continue to live off the sweat of transporters and market traders without retribution? These are the questions you should ask and demand answers to instead of devoting your time to online hagiography.

The issue of agberos and touts who form the core of ACN's electoral support in Lagos state is unlikely to diminish as "the era of free education is over" if we go by Eko Atlantic aka Eko Ile etc's post:

https://www.nairaland.com/1311395/opon-imo-launched-osun-today/6#16043617

Rather we should expect the south west under ACN to start competing with the north on who has the most almajiris and street urchins.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 15, 2013
One_Naira: what a huge insult to mama Africa. we constantly naming Nigeria shit that's not reality. Lagos, the big apple of africa. he and tinubu are pretty much trying to say lagos is africa's new york. what insult to mama africa and the countries within it. narobi which is a billion times better than lagos isn't talking. casablanca isn't talking, luanda isn't talking, johanessburg isn't talking, so many African cities wey better isn't talking but yet the city that's one of the listed worst cities in the world is talking. what an insult to the continent of Africa.

as for those shouting, it's an advert, it's an advert. nobody, absolutely NOONE loves false advertisement. Noone wants to see beautiful pictures or adverts and once you get there, you see the opppsite. people do not like being decieved. PR are constantly shunning out false, overretouched pics of that city and when people finally show the real truth like the rick ross video, Nigerians get angry.

The pictures from the video looks amazing isn't it?

It really makes you mad doesn't it?

The worst of lagos isn't worst than that of nairobi or any other african city and the best of lagos is definitely not found wanting on the continent.

I expect lagos to get better, at that point only God can keep you from falling on a sword. cheesy
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by OneNaira6: 10:49am On Jun 15, 2013
django1:

The pictures from the video looks amazing isn't it?

It really makes you made doesn't it?

The worst of lagos isn't worst than that of nairobi or any other african city and the best of lagos is definitely not found wanting on the continent.

I expect lagos to get better, at that point only God can keep you from falling on a sword. cheesy

Yet we wonder why other Africans insult Nigeria constantly. it's obvious as hell you've never step foot in Narobi or any other African city. Narobi has it slums too ,no denying it, but one thing for sure it's slums is not as much as lagos and it's beautiful areas is a MILLION times better than Lagos. read my post, wey better.

lmfao @ the best of lagos is not found anywhere else in Africa. probably West Africa and that's a big probably. when concerning West Africa, I've only been to ghana and ivory coast so other WA countries, I'm not so sure. in regards to the rest of the continent, what an insult you just gave them. you see the cities i listed (casablanca, narobi and johanesburg), visit those cites and slap yourself for the insult you just gave them. though i have not been to luganda yet, my bestfriend just got back and based on his stories, you equally insulted that city as well. slap yourself

once more, don't it hurt that despite all the glossy pics and the lies, the world still see the truth about lagos hence it's going up in the one of the worst cities in the world list. like i said, fix the city and stop passing out false advertisement. noone would complain if it matches reality #just saying

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by ballabriggs: 10:50am On Jun 15, 2013
Like Fashola said at the end of the video, "it is still work in progress". Are we there yet? NO! Are we working and do we know where we want to be? Yes!

I saw Lagos under Gbolahan Mudashiru, Mike Akhigbe, Ndubuisi Kanu, Raji Rasaki, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Buba Marwa and Bola Tinubu.

Fact is, there has been a large improvement over the years and the residents of Lagos will tell you this. They do not like the man Raji Fashola for nothing. They may not agree with everything he does, but they see a man with a vision and they see a thinker. How else do you explain their revenue generation strategy, increasing revenue from about 600 million to 17 billion in a developing country. They are building a revenue base for the state, that is strategy and leadership. For an illiterate like Maku bridging that tax gap "is nothing". To Maku, it has to be how many Cow's has Raji Fasola bought in the last few years.

Fact is, Lagos is constrained by its limited resources and its ever increasing population. Why? There is next to nothing going on in other parts of Nigeria. Most graduates want to "work" their NYSC to Lagos because there is no hope of a job outside Lagos.

When they get into Lagos, real wages are low, they cannot afford the rent in the mainlands, they have to live in the outskirts and commute daily to the mainland from Ikorodu, Abule Egba, Sango, Mowe and many more places. These places are seeing a surge in population, growing at a faster rate than the resources available to manage this surge. But they are working, providing palliatives to relief the pain. The ferries, the BRT, the Ikorodu road expansion, these are projects geared towards alleviating the pain in those places.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 15, 2013
One_Naira:

stick to UK and leave USA if you don't know what you speak of. have u ever stepped foot in the ghetto of USA? there lifestyle isn't anything close to slum in Nigeria. for every ghetto, there is free housing giving to them by the government. food stamp and some are qualified to get checks every month by the government for not doing anything expect having some kind of disability or single parenthood. The social workers hands them jobs. They even pay for their education especially those high school dropouts seeking GED, CNA, PR, etc. they have a community center equipped with pool, basketball courts, gym, etc. Each ghetto have at least one or two free health clinic. For every criminal offense, depending on how poor they are, there is a free lawyer handed to am. Even if they don't have a washing machine at their house, wash stores are all over the ghetto. let's not even get into with the cheap stores for their clothing and necessary living standard supplies, constant electricity, clean water, etc. the ghetto living in usa is equivalent to middle class living of nigeria.

nigeria slum and american ghetto are not alike, not one bit. as for them looking likes retards, that's cause most of the people living in the ghetto/hood are drug addicts, high school dropouts, drug dealers and their baby mama.

Even UK ghetto is somewhat similar to American ghetto. i might not live in England and I've not been there as of yet but judging from what i in BBC america, there hood lifestyle ain't nothing like what we see in Nigeria's slum. it is more similar to USA ghetto than makoko or wherever else

You're a joker!! grin

Perhaps, you need to ask "TheBookWorm" why he ran away after seeing those two places that I mentioned. He's from NYC and he understands the last sentence of my post.

You can't google those places - you need to have been there to know what I was on about. Anyway, I don't need to tell you or write epistles about where I've been and where I haven't been. But discerning minds will always understand even with one-liners.

Ciao!
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by ballabriggs: 10:58am On Jun 15, 2013
One_Naira:

Yet we wonder why other Africans insult Nigeria constantly. it's obvious as hell you've never step foot in Narobi or any other African city. Narobi has it slums too no denying it but one thing for sure, it's slums is not as much as lagos and it's beautiful areas is a MILLION times better than Lagos. read my post, wey better.

lmfao @ the best of lagos is not found anywhere else in Africa. probably West Africa and that's a big probably. when concerning West Africa, I've only been to ghana and ivory coast so other WA countries, I'm not so sure. in regards to the rest of the continent, what an insult you just gave them. you see the cities i listed (casablanca, narobi and johanesburg), visit those cites and slap yourself for the insult you just gave them. though i have not been to luganda yet, my bestfriend just got back and based on his stories, you equally insulted that city as well. slap yourself

once more, don't it hurt that despite all the glossy pics and the lies, the world still see the truth about lagos hence it's going up in the one of the worst cities in the world list. like i said, fix the city and stop passing out false advertisement. noone would complain if it matches reality #just saying

Close your mouth biko, do those places have half of the population of Lagos? Lagos not only has a high population for a city, it has a very high population density because all those your otokoto brothers have left their ritual business in Owerri and Asaba to come and 'hustle' in Eko. The city is exploding and if there was a way, I am sure one of the things the governor would have done is to find a way of controlling this ever increasing population as it is a time bomb waiting to explode.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by OneNaira6: 11:22am On Jun 15, 2013
ShyM-X:

You're a joker!! grin

Perhaps, you need to ask "TheBookWorm" why he ran away after seeing those two places that I mentioned. He's from NYC and he understands the last sentence of my post.

You can't google those places - you need to have been there to know what I was on about. Anyway, I don't need to tell you or write epistles about where I've been and where I haven't been. But discerning minds will always understand even with one-liners.

Ciao!

I've been to new orleans, south Carolina and Florida. I live in the fucking south, which has more ghettos than the north, and thanks to my work, i get to travel alot. where i live is a 20 mins drive to the ghetto. my job is located downtown which are usually down the block to the ghetto no matter the city in America. I went to a high school with predominately ghetto kids, tutored predominately ghetto kids. the first job I ever worked in USA was an outreach program. the college i'm in, despite it being a predominately white people school, is flat out in the ghetto. I still, till this day, have friends from the ghetto. when it comes to ghetto, I'm beyond knowledgeable about it cause I've been around since I came to this country. WTF r u on about? it's obvious you know very little of what you are talking about. your reply to the man was homeless individuals when he asked you are you serious in comparing african slum to American ghetto? first of your reply makes very little sense. we are not comparing homeless people. we talking about the poor compare to poor in both countries. Even if we speak of the homeless, in usa, they have homeless shelter, feed and clothe the homeless foundations and once more free clinic for them. all which africa lacks. when was the last time you've heard the church in Nigeria opens its door for the homeless yet in America, depending on the city, it's an everyday act. every celebration, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas, the moderate to rich, actually takes times to help feed the homeless in the homeless shelter. when have you ever heard that ish happening in Nigeria or Africa till the point it is an every year event.

by the way, it was middle of the night over, it just turned 6 am, which is the same in new york. with daylight saving, there are some places still in early morning. the guy most likely haven't seen your reply. stop with the fictional winning you give yourself once in awhile.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by OneNaira6: 11:26am On Jun 15, 2013
ballabriggs:

Close your mouth biko, do those places have half of the population of Lagos? Lagos not only has a high population for a city, it has a very high population density because all those your otokoto brothers have left their ritual business in Owerri and Asaba to come and 'hustle' in Eko. The city is exploding and if there was a way, I am sure one of the things the governor would have done is to find a way of controlling this ever increasing population as it is a time bomb waiting to explode.

shut up with population excuse. japan and china has one of the highest population yet tokyo and hong kong would make any African city weep in comparison. shut up with the population bs.

as for asaba migrating to eko. keep telling yourself that. Asaba people go where? abeg move left jor, I'm trying to see front

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 15, 2013
One_Naira:
I've been to new orleans, south Carolina and Florida. I live in the fucking south, which has more ghettos than the north, and thanks to my work, i get to travel alot. where i live is a 20 mins drive to the ghetto. my job is located downtown which are usually down the block to the ghetto no matter the city in America. I went to a high school with predominately ghetto kids, tutored predominately ghetto kids. the first job I ever worked in USA was an outreach program. the college i'm in, despite it being a predominately white people school, is flat out in the ghetto. I still, till this day, have friends from the ghetto. when it comes to ghetto, I'm beyond knowledgeable about it cause I've been around since I came to this country. WTF r u on about? it's obvious you know very little of what you are talking about. your reply to the man was homeless individuals when he asked you are you serious in comparing african slum to American ghetto? first of your reply makes very little sense. we are not comparing homeless people, we talking about the poor compare to poor in both countries. Even if we speak of the homeless, they have homeless shelter, feed and clothe the homeless foundations and once more free clinic for them. all which africa lacks.

by the way, it was middle of the night over, it just turned 6 am, which is the same in new york. with daylight saving, there are some places still in early morning. the guy most likely haven't seen your reply. stop with the fictional winning you give yourself once in awhile.

WTF are you on about and why do you always rant saying a lot without saying anything? I've been going to America way before you ever got on an airplane and way before you left wherever you were born and raised in Nigeria.

Discuss the topic and save me your autobiography - I'm honestly not interested.

Sighs!!!
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by ballabriggs: 11:33am On Jun 15, 2013
One_Naira:

shut up with population excuse. japan and china has one of the highest population yet tokyo and hong kong would make any African city weep in comparison. shut up with the population bs.

as for asaba migrating to eko. keep telling yourself that. Asaba people go where? abeg move left jor, I'm trying to see front

And what, the Chinese are not doing anything to control it? China has a low population growth rate lower than the US with its one child policy and an ever increasing resource base. Lagos is growing very fast in terms of population but the resources needed to manage this surge, is not growing at par.

The average graduate of DELSU has no hope of getting a job in Asaba, if you dispute it, bring your data and show me what percentage of graduates from DELSU over the years got a job in Asaba.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by OneNaira6: 11:35am On Jun 15, 2013
ShyM-X:

WTF are you on about and why do you always rant saying a lot without saying anything? I've been going to America way before you ever got on an airplane and way before you left wherever you were born and raised in Nigeria.

Discuss the topic and save me your autobiography - I'm honestly not interested.

Sighs!!!

dude stfu and stick to UK. stop yarning rubbish if you don't know wtf you speak off and when schooled, you start telling stories. You've been to USA yet dare to say ghettos in usa is the same as African slums. wetin man no go see

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 15, 2013
One_Naira:

dude stfu and stick to UK. stop yarning rubbish if you don't know wtf you speak off and when schooled, you start telling stories. You've been to USA yet dare to say ghettos in usa is the same as African slums. wetin man no go see

Apart from not being able to write coherently, you also lack the ability to read properly.

Anyway, when did saying there are third world slums all over America become saying it's the same as African slums?

American slums(to my/European standards) are 3rd world slums, period!!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by OneNaira6: 11:44am On Jun 15, 2013
ballabriggs:

And what, the Chinese are not doing anything to control it? China has a low population growth rate lower than the US with its one child policy and an ever increasing resource base. Lagos is growing very fast in terms of population but the resources needed to manage this surge, is not growing at par.

China has the highest population in the world. whether there population growth is low, it still does not remove the amount residing there already. there population now is higher than that of lagos, usa too yet it city, hong kong, is more developed than lagos. it's high population didn't hold them back. simple A, B, C; you wan skip all the way to J. mscheww

The average graduate of DELSU has no hope of getting a job in Asaba, if you dispute it, bring your data and show me what percentage of graduates from DELSU over the years got a job in Asaba.

wtf is this one talking about? similar to onitsha, most asab indigenous create their own occupation. If one can't find a job, he/she would start his/her own business be it trading, marketing, etc. the population that migrate out is little compare to the ones hustling in asab, ogwashi, warri or onitsha. you wan teach me about my own people. see your head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Feminist Coalition Accused Of Withdrawing $51,000 From #EndSARS Donations Wallet / Buhari At 80: 12 Things Nigerians Need To Know - Garba Shehu / Obasanjo & El-Rufai In Italy For Brenthurst Conference On Elections Monitoring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.