Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:44 AM

APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed (34795 Views)

APC Now Has Two Factions —timi Frank / APC Now Riding On Jonathan’s Legacies. Pictures. / Sule Lamido: APC Now Evil Like PDP Was Accused Of In The Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by CallmeJKLUE(m): 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
23 Governors Now In APC - Lai Mohammed

Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the National Publicity Secretary of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), says 23 governors are already in the fold of the All Progressive Congress (APC).

Mohammed spoke in Lagos at the 7th Town Hall Meeting of Sen. Oluremi Tinubu, representing Lagos Central.

He said 12 more governors had signified interest to join the APC in addition to the 11 already in the fold.

“The 12 governors will make their declarations after the party has been registered, possibly in two weeks time.

“We are likely to get our registration certificate by the end of June or second week of July,” the ACN spokesman said.

He explained that the delay in submitting the new party’s application to INEC was caused by “the complexity of merging.’’

“Merging is not an easy process, it is complicated. Aside from the name, constitution and logo change, each of the merging parties must hold special conventions to adopt the merger.

“The merger forming APC comprises ACN, Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), All Grand Progressive Alliance (APGA) and the Democratic People’s Party (DPP).”

In her speech, Tinubu, who is the wife of a former Lagos State Governor, Bola Tinubu, described APC as “an assurance of hope for Nigeria.’’

She said:“Without the genuine change and development being advocated by our great movement — APC, Nigeria risks further descent into the abyss of underdevelopment and backwardness.’’

On the bill seeking special status for Lagos, the senator said no effort would be spared to achieve it.

Tinubu disclosed that the three senators from Lagos had sponsored a bill seeking provision of financial grants to the state in the constitution, in recognition of its status as the nation’s economic hub.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Tinubu distributed free November/December General Certificate Examination (GCE) forms to 220 youths in the senatorial district.

She had earlier inaugurated the Post-Secondary School Scholarship Scheme, the Elderly Citizens Assistance Scheme and the Petty Traders Empowerment Capital Scheme as her constituency projects.

Gov. Babatunde Fashola’s wife, Abimbola; a former Minister of State for Defence, Chief Demola Seriki; and the State Chairman of ACN, Chief Henry Ajomole, were among dignitaries who graced the occasion.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/23-governors-now-in-apc-says-mohammed/

4 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by CallmeJKLUE(m): 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
NAMA over to you......Ghen Ghen, xpect 23 plance crash, grounding or diversion....RIP Azazi

10 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by fineworker(m): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
bad news for Nigerians hoping for a change only to get the same product in a new branded package.

56 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by CallmeJKLUE(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
Sipping ma hennesy, legs crossed, still watching the drama......ghen ghen
fineworker: bad news for Nigerians hoping for a change only to get the same product in a new branded package.
Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by biafransoul: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
Chei! gullible Nigerians don enter one chance. just imagine person wey never get certificate dey make mouth. Anyway, we know better

6 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by wordcat(m): 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
Good News! isn't it?

but what 'll be d difference if i change my name frm Wordcat to Wordlamb?

15 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by iamtheprincipal: 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
fineworker: bad news for Nigerians hoping for a change only to get the same product in a new branded package.

I beg to disagree with your line of thought as Action Congress of Nigeria is the habit of feeding very competent and proven men and women for electoral offices. I have no doubth whatsoever that APC will be a huge success apart from providing alternative for Nigerians, it will also put the PDP on the toes to perform as against what is obtainable today, especially in the fight against corruption, et al...

27 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Mylove55(f): 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
We already know d gov's.those 19 dat voted amaechi,plus absentee yobe,kwara,enugu,delta.Gej is going.

1 Like

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
Lie Mohammed is only doing his name justice. Telling lies every other day.

28 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
how is that supposed to be a sign of victory when u fuckin knw it's the people who will vote? unless of course as usual, in relation to nigerian politics, the governor means free rigging in those states. which will occur at each states inec HQ.

4 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Onuokwu: 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2013

Old wine in new bottle! Where then is the change we are clamouring for? Is this all about having governors defect to your party? I thought there was something serious in the offing angry

11 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Katsumoto: 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
iamtheprincipal:

I beg to disagree with your line of thought as Action Congress of Nigeria is the habit of feeding very competent and proven men and women for electoral offices. I have no doubth whatsoever that APC will be a huge success apart from providing alternative for Nigerians, it will also put the. PDP on the toes to perform...

You mean incompetent PDP will suddenly become competent once they join ACN? Or the said governors will immediately relinquish their seats for competent ACN administrators who are waiting in line?

34 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
biafran soul: Chei! gullible Nigerians don enter one chance. just imagine person wey never get certificate dey make mouth. Anyway, we know better
and certificate is the acme of success for your own mind undecided
Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by costan306(m): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
new song,same dance

10 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by moodswing(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
Nice one Lie Mohammed.

70% of Nigerians have declare interest to vote me in the fortcoming election. I am obviously the president in waiting.

Cheap talk

11 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
Make we shiddon dey look.

1 Like

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
Katsumoto:

You mean incompetent PDP will suddenly become competent once they join ACN? Or the said governors will immediately relinquish their seats for competent ACN administrators who are waiting in line?
dude pls, we all knw ACN has a nice yardstick. all their governors wanna compete which is good for development.
Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by 3ace(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
I am not sure I will vote for this party particularly with Buhari and Tinubu at the helm of affairs.

5 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
Onuokwu:

Old wine in new bottle! Where then is the change we are clamouring for? Is this all about having governors defect to your party? I thought there was something serious in the offing angry

Anthing that will lead to the collapse of PDP is a welcome development;that party represents the evil of Nigerians against Nigerians !

11 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
costan306: new song,same dance
same wine, new skin undecided

1 Like

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Adex097: 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hehehehe....in Tukur's voice.*PHY-D-PHY! *
<PHOWER TO THE PEOPLE> !
Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
Why are we discussing as if we see value in these claims of Good Governance ... from the same under-performing, criminally corrupt PDP governors?? just because they have joined APC grin grin grin grin. it only means one thing.. APC=PDP no matter how you wax it.. a little drop of piss can soil a glass-full of clean water. imagine half a glass of piss (PDP) in the APC Glass..

7 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by theripper: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
Do the governors suddenly leave their ideology wen dey defect to APC? Is this not a case of Old wine in New bottles?

5 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
To me the APC is being infiltrated by the PDP but because of their greed for power they'll never see the big pit of defeat that the PDP has arranged for them...smh

7 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Grendel(m): 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
angrywhy can't APC keep it a secret and give us a plan on what they we do in favor of the public?

this APC sef no get liver

3 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by redbottles(m): 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
Typical Lai Mohammed, already blowing fireworks before the party starts...12 more governors had signified interest to join the APC....lets wait and see.

2 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
People in pdp will definitely lose sleep over this announcement. This is bad for pdp, all apc governors have to do is deliver their states to the apc presidential candidate and pdp is out.

2 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by siraj1402(m): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
PDP Problem has never be an individual peoblem.I think there is much to that name because no matter how u may good as an individual,if you join them(in PDP)you will become something else.[s]PEOPLE DEVEILS PARTY[s]I guess. grin

1 Like

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Myself2(m): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
Callme_JKLUE: 23 Governors Now In APC - Lai Mohammed

Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the National Publicity Secretary of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), says 23 governors are already in the fold of the All Progressive Congress (APC).
/

11 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Ayoobscom(m): 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
PDP time is up....

Finish the job..destroy the bokos you cloned and remove every matches from aso rock..

We thank you all,,,don't forget to shake hand with Fashola just on your way out...also remember to drop the handcuffs so we can use it back for those you ve pardoned

E dey pain us if una no no

4 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by uncleken: 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Ukochukwu na the same people

2 Likes

Re: APC Now Has 23 Governors - Lai Mohammed by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2013
iamtheprincipal:

I beg to disagree with your line of thought as Action Congress of Nigeria is the habit of feeding very competent and proven men and women for electoral offices. I have no doubth whatsoever that APC will be a huge success apart from providing alternative for Nigerians, it will also put the PDP on the toes to perform as against what is obtainable today, especially in the fight against corruption, et al...

Bloody lie. It's on record that ACN has always outsourced their presidential candidates from the PDP. In 2003, as AD they adopted OBJ. In 2007, they hired Atiku. In 2011, they went for OBJ boy, Ribadu and sold him out in d dying minute for the PDP candidate, GEJ. For 2015, they are already shopping for Tambuwal.

Who is fooling who?

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19: Status Of 20 Governors Unknown / FFK Commends Past Leaders For Snubbing Buhari's Inauguration / Tribunal Judgment: Festus Keyamo Congratulates Buhari At Home (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.