Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Windows Vista - The Return - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows Vista - The Return (1897 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Hp Deskjet D2360 Driver For Windows Vista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Vista - The Return by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 07, 2008
late last year, i took delivery of my dell precision m90 laptop. i ordered it with xp pro. i had a legit oem copy of vista ultimate. my plan was to dual boot vista and xp.

after 3 weeks, i deleted the vista partition. and installed xp as the sole operating system. i did this because

explorer was running too slowly
vista was eating too much ram - i use resource monitors in my task tray, and vista was eating up 1.1 - 1.2 gb of my 2gb of ram., while on xp, only .5gb of ram was being eaten up.

the real final straw was an issue with MS office that was actually my fault. i was trying to get a legacy excel addin to run. . .but thats another story.

anyway, with the release of sp1, i decided to have another go.

based on my previous experiences, i resolved that i require the following
1) the biggest hard drive i can get
2) an extra 1 gb of ram bring my system to 3gb.
3) a readyboost compatible memory card (4gb)

i ordered the hard drive 320gb western digital scorpio, the ram 2gb kingston, at ebay.

i got the hard drive last week friday.my original plan was to partition the drive into 3, 70(xp)/150(documents, files)/80(vista) and clone my xp partition . i got hold of norton ghost, acronis true image, and three other drive cloning apps. the cloning went alright, but the drive would not boot. after 3hours of cloning and reformatting, i simply inserted the hard drive, my windows cd, and did a fresh install. this took up the better part of saturday and sunnday, as i had to reinstall my apps etal.

i installed vista. on monday, i got my 2gb ram, swapped a 1 gb stick, and installed sp1.

believe it or not, right now, my visat is running faster than my xp. at a point explorer was dragging, but that was because of dreamscene. ( bloody vaporware- evertyone kept blathering about how it uses minimal system resources, unlike third party video wallpapers) i teried enough of these on xp, and the performance cost was unacceptable. dreamscen led to explorer using up 30% CPU while doing nothing.

as before, i turned off UAC. the wahala that comes with UAC is way too much - i often tweak stuff in my program folders and system 32, and restrictions were extrememly annoying.

the only problem is a video thing, my screen sometimes distorts. i'm running a temporary workaround, as long as nvidia control panel is open, and i can view it on a second monitor, i can reset the screen. i think the problem may resolve if i download the vista chipset drivers for my laptop motherboard( i hope so, anyway)

one definete bonus - my autocad is running fast!!!!and i mean fast. i could never figure out why, under xp, autocad 2008, 2009 ran so slowly, i employd all sorts of tweaks to try to resolve this - but no dice. on vista fo some reason, my autocad runs much faster. and more options are available under 3dconfig's manual tuning.oddly though my 256mb quadro card's memory shows as 1512mb. . .

right now, vista is looking like a keeper. of course, that could change. . .

now lets get that 4gb sdcard (its on its way) and see how much of a boost ready boost will provide.

in summary, i guess vista has gotten more of a bad rap than it desrves. i realize now that some of my issues with its slowness before were due to some other apps i had installed - eg dbpoweram, which i use to convert music. if its tooltips ate enabled( they provide enhanced music file info) explorer will slow down, and will crash if browsing through a folder with unrecognized video files.

sometime this year, i took delivery of a laptop for my oldman - a compaqwith vista home premium. straight out the box - it was slow. in large part because of all the bundled hp bloatware and trial ware - noron antivirus, aol, etal. less than 300mb of 1gb ram free. i disabled /uninstalled 90% of them, and the fre ram rose to like 500mb or so, and performance improved.

anyway, keeping my fingers crossed. . .
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by imhomoh(m): 2:47pm On May 08, 2008
i have a HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop with vista, but i have got to know that my Desktop XP boot faster then the Vista dispite the fact that my XP has low ram. Please if u install XP in the HP, will all the programmes work propley with the XP, example the Bluetooth, Wireless, inbuilt Webcam and the rest.

What do you have to say about this?
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by dragnet: 7:07pm On May 08, 2008
oyb, I may n0t kn0w the whole nitty gritty but its the same old story. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vista's performance is directly proportional to the 'might' of ur hardware
. . . . .end of story!
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by Nobody: 7:40am On May 09, 2008
actually, that's a little true. . . but if you live in yankee, /uk, you can boost vista by buying extra ram, and an SD card - ( don't try it in naija - those peeps in pc village are running daylight robbery) 2gb of ram - n25000 on ebay (brand new ) converts to n6000!

anyhow. . .me i will probably keep vista. . .if only because my autoCAd is now performing the way it should have.

also, as to the might of hardware, thats why theres a utility called vista upgrade advispr, which checks your hardware and makes recommendations.

i beleive a lot of issues peeps have with slow system can be resolved if they use applications that monitor system resources( CPU, ram, pagefile) . also, by turning off unnesecary services. there's alot of stuff that runs automatically in windows that doesnt do anything .
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by hayprof(m): 10:40am On May 09, 2008
Your Hardware Speaks better!

My HP Dv5215us never complain of Vista though I got Vista installed by myself, the original Os installed was Windows XP wink. .

tongue
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by uspry1(f): 1:32pm On May 09, 2008
I suspect lot of people who bought Windows Vista to install their outdated computer/laptop, which is not hardware compatible, they want to switch. Then suddenly change their mind to switch Windows XP back!!!

They don't bother to read the system specification requirement of Windows Vista to be matched on their computer/laptop FIRST. That's what happen they get too many issues on their computer/laptop stuck!!!

Windows Vista, Graphic/Image editing software, MS office suite, AutoCAD, video/music editing software and high quality computer gamer ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE very largest RAM memory chip at least 512MB to 3GB and largest hard disk drive at least 80GB to 320GB.

I will not switch to Windows Vista that was newly released already. . .rather to wait 6 months to one year Vista finished fixing error bugs/flaws. 

This time i FED UP WITH MICROSOFT products anymore, coming soon I will switch to Linux operating system.  I used 5 years ago but that XANDROS Linux distro was not popular anymore TODAY! Choose Ubuntu Linux is the one best of 10 HOTTEST TOP LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM from my Linux Distro Watch online.

REASON LOT OF PEOPLE SWITCH DIFFERENT OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft memory consuming/eaten up, NUMEROUS OF WINDOWS UPDATES FREQUENTLY and VIRUS ATTACK they sick and tired of it!!!

TODAY: Still compete each other Linux, Microsoft, and Mac operating systems everywhere in the world.
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by uspry1(f): 1:42pm On May 09, 2008
Look at the timeline of MICROSOFT Operating System at below:

[Source Cite: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/WinHistoryProGraphic.mspx ]

Re: Windows Vista - The Return by uspry1(f): 2:02pm On May 09, 2008
Look at whole Microsoft Windows history at different link at below:

[Source Cite: http://www.computerhope.com/history/windows.htm]

Re: Windows Vista - The Return by tobidaflava(m): 6:58pm On May 11, 2008
History
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:21am On May 16, 2008
For those who would like to switch to ubuntu linux you can check ubuntunigeria.
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by esquire(m): 4:26pm On May 17, 2008
OYB

Men na problem oooo are u running a super computer? I mean seriously. just because u running the so called new technology in an operating system u have to spend money on those hardware and you are still happy bout it. And if its linux people will say i told you they are not ready for the desktop yet and yet you still see all this flaws as normal? Very funny I can run Ubuntu 8.04 with much more visual effects (compiz or Beryl) and heavily tweaked with just 384MB of RAM with out stress or draginess. Thank God am free and i hope you too will be one day. Cheerio
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 17, 2008
esquire:

OYB

Men na problem oooo are u running a super computer? I mean seriously. just because u running the so called new technology in an operating system u have to spend money on those hardware and you are still happy bout it. And if its linux people will say i told you they are not ready for the desktop yet and yet you still see all this flaws as normal? Very funny I can run Ubuntu 8.04 with much more visual effects (compiz or Beryl) and heavily tweaked with just 384MB of RAM with out stress or draginess. Thank God am free and i hope you too will be one day. Cheerio

unfortunatley, you do not use your linux for PROFESSIONAL, commercial applications. when you linux fan boys can successfully run autocad on linux, then we may consider freedom. my system is FOR work, not for bling bling - though as can be seen, i do like a nice desktop configured for ease of access to my applications etal.

you probably missed out on the fact that my AutoCAd runs like 50% faster under vista(probably because of the .net framework enhancements nder vista) that is enough for me. and you are very, very cheap, if u are using just 384 mb of ram, in this era of cheap ram.

sorry, but my system is for more than just eye candy. . .perhaps you should read up on the minimum specs of CAD workstations before you start blathering about low powered linux which y'all are still unable to support major commercial games and apps on.

big brovar, no mind me - but some of you fan boys can be very irritating tongue
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by esquire(m): 7:52pm On May 17, 2008
Sorry o Mr. Bill gate, I dont know you mean by commercial or professional application that you are talking, I work with computer everyday including the CAD software you're talking about which are numerous under linux and am sure will give autocad a run for its money.
My systems gives me the balance between productivity and cool look which i know y'all windoze users is dying to have cheesy wink
Can't you read anymore the 384MB i quoted there is the minimum requirement to run ubuntu and very funny just because your system is gulping you ram and another person is using system with low ram that works better than yours you've now considered him cheap?

With this your so called Autocad and sure with just 512mb of ram under XP it will perform well cause have installed autocad 2007 into a pentuim 3 800mhz with the above ram and i performs well.

Try to make ur research well, is it linux that does not support third party application or its those company that does not support linux?
Look am not here to brag or argue cos i dont do it my work and my capabilities speaks for me ask Brovar and the likes. Cheerio
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 17, 2008
please stop lying to us . you are nothing more than a diletante - you 'installed' autocad 2007 with 512 mb and it runs well? what do you do - open and close it? grin

http://www.caddmanager.com/CMB/2006/04/autocad-2007-system-requirements/

AutoCAD 2007 System requirements
April 5th, 2006 · No Comments

2D users may glide right into AutoCAD 2007, but if you are going to be doing 3D in the newest version of AutoCAD, you better beef up your machine…

System requirements for AutoCAD 2007 for users who are focusing on 2D drawing creation are as follows:
Intel® Pentium® IV processor recommended
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional or Home Edition (SP1 or SP2), Windows XP Tablet PC Edition (SP2), or Windows 2000 (SP3 or SP4)
512 MB RAM
750 MB free disk space for installation
1024×768 VGA display with true color
Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0 (SP1 or higher)

System requirements for AutoCAD 2007 for users who are taking advantage of the new conceptual design capabilities are as follows:
Intel® processor 3.0 GHz or greater
Windows XP Professional (SP2)
2 GB RAM or greater <====
2 GB of disk space available, not including installation
1280×1024 32-bit color video display adapter (true color)
128 MB or greater, OpenGL®-capable workstation class graphics card.

i'm not really suprised that you are talking nonsense. i come across people like you everyday, people who use less than 1% of the capabilities of computers in general, and applications like autocad in particular, and start spouting about being experts. instaed of telling us about the 'CAD' you run under linux, please tell us the names of the applications. you come off like the 50 year old drafter in my office who calls himselff a autocad guru, but is always calling it because 'my system is slow. the autocad is stressing it'

your capabilities certainly speak for you. bloody diletante. if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything.

stop being a cheap prick and go and upgrade that archaic pentium III computer you're using( which other system can run 384mb ram?i didn't even know they still had ram in those figures. you must be a 'real pc village engineer' grin.

olodo- the only application out there giving autocad a run for its money is bentley microstation. and maybe google sketchup for 3D.(incidentally, sketchup doesnt run on linux either)

anyway, if you check out my system on the best desktop thread, you'll find that most of that bling bling has alreaday been ported to windows.
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by bigrovar(m): 11:10pm On May 18, 2008
Largely i have often said , Use what works for u, if Xp does , fine , if Vista does , ok , for me and many others it is Ubuntu that work for us , i don't want to go into any debate with which OS is better or not , i believe my position on that matter has been made known on many occasion in this forum , just check back on some of my post u would see , what i just want to correct is your mis informed opinion that Linux is not meant for professional use , believe me i could not believe that Oyb could say a thing like that , ( if are one of the few people i have respect for on this forum) check novel and redhat , this two comapnies thrives on the enterprise market and over the years there have made strong returns in profits , why cus they deal with big business . ( am always busy on my system just tot i should make a quick reply to correct your impression). iam sorry i can't give u links but then u have google , professional and the enterprise market is where Linux truely shines , check many banks today , yeah even in Nigeria , the core of their business is run on Linux , most of your celtel mtn and co all have run linux severs , oracle works best with linux , even in the hollywood 90% of animation is done with Linux workstations , the Newyork stoke exchange, the french parliament and police, dreamwork studios, and whole lot of cooperations have the core of their business running on Linux , tell me how many professional organization run Vista , the saying has aways been that Linux is not ready for the Desktop ( i.e for home users) -Linux is a big player in the enterprise world , be it servers, workstations, embedded devises-, but even the notion that linux is not meant for home users is changing , with the success of the eee pc, and the lunching of msi and xo , Linux has virtually taken over the ultra potable market , i have installed Ubuntu for numerous people ( 3 out of 4 people today alone) and there find it very easy to use , things are not perfect .. issues still persist , yeah the compatibility problems are still there , but u can't blame that on Linux, because windows has a better chance of being perfect than Linux , why , most hardware vendors write drivers for windows , the case is not so for Linux , on many occasions Linux devs have to blindly write the drivers for most hardware for Linux using reverse engineering cus the hardware vendors have refused to write their drivers for linux, i know a guy who hav written over 200 webcam drivers for Linux even though he doesn't work in a webcam company and they all work , the webcam driver for my sony vaio in Ubuntu works better than the driver that came with it in vista, yet many of linux developers are mere volunteers who code in their spare time , but have full jobs as lawyers, docs construction workers etc , compare to vista which M$ spent a whooping 6 billion dollars developing Vista, ( the amount it took to make the atomic bomb) ,
oh shit , this post was suppose to be short , oh well , i guess i will have to stop here , about the linux version of Autocad , i just opened add and remove on Ubuntu typed CAD and see what it came up with , , a yeah and their all free and open source , maybe not has good has your over $600 windows version , but it get the job done ,

Re: Windows Vista - The Return by Nobody: 8:08am On May 19, 2008
bigbrovar, no vex grin

you are actually right. when it comes to using linux for networking , linus does shine, as also they use it in my company. its commercial software i'm referring to. i wasnt too clear. i'll just take it from where i have my focus - CAD. the following are a list of poplular commercial CAd apps out there:

Autodesk AutoCAD and its verticals
Bentley Microstation

Solid works
Catia
Aveva PDMS

i cant remeber more of them right now.

the issue is rthis a single user license for an app like autocad is $5000.(thank God for Xforce grin) lets say autodesk decides to port autocad to linux. they spend over that 6billon in compputer time, man hours , beta testing, alpha testing hardware configuring, to get autocad to run on linux. so its done - but wait - wherre is the market from where the money will be recouped? ( as in how many deign offices use linux in the office environment?) unless the linux version goes for $50,000, it will be a dead loss. the other ppliated there cost even more.

the issue is this maybe i didn't quite put it properly, in an office, you take what works , so you can maximize efficency. too much commercial software does not run on linux for the reasons mentioned above. the same thing which makes linux secure - the fact that it is not used by enough businesses to make hacking it viable - plays against it, it is not used by enough businesses to make porting popular commercial software to it viable.

open source apps are great. i know because i use a lot of em. but the commercial apps usually are better, because the vendors have far more resources availabel, to them. a lot of the CAD freeware floating out there is crapware - take my word for it.

i just got annoyed when the esquire prick decided to make this another MS vs Linux thread. if i wanted to, i could run vista with a 40gb hard drive, and 512mb of ram , but i would not get an optimum experience. I am all about getting the best performance out of my PC. my 320gb hard drive is in 3 partitions one for XP, one for vista, and one for my files ( so i have a uniform dirctory structure that i can access via vista or xp). a lot of software comes with minimum configuration requirement and recommended config, which is in large part what my upgrades are about. i didn't bother with 4gb of ram, because, even i was running 64 bit vista( i am seriously considering doing that- overwiting the XP partition with vista 64 - as there is now a lot more support for 64 bit out there - but even so my laptops chipset will not support more than 3.5gb of ram( which shows that dell marketing are dubious bastards angry- they sell dell precsions with 4gb of ram while kkeping quiet about that intersting fact)

as to ram , there is nothing like ram to speed up a system. i always have a ram monitor running on my system . my brother was running xp 512 mb of ram, and he only had 70-100mb free, and his system was slow . wghen put in a igb stick, he went to 1.2gb of ram, his sytem ran much faster, but gues what- there was now 500-600mb of ram free, which means the system must have been running some stuff in virtual memory.

all this story is to try to make sure i remain one of the 'few people you respect on this forum' grin. don't mind my rant. i knew you would come here. if it were you, it wouldn't have come to this, because unlike esquire you do KNOW what you're talking about. anyhow. maybe when a 500gb laptop hard drive comes out, or when dell releases dual hard drive laptops( they probably have by now) i'll be triple booting vista 32, vista 64 and linux grin
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by bigrovar(m): 11:12am On May 19, 2008
No problem mahn , , i guess we have sorted that out, about the autocad and their alternatives, the key word is market share , and has Linux gain more of the from the Desktop front it wont be long b4 they all make port for linux , forget their stupid stats once they is a will there is a way,

the issue is this maybe i didn't quite put it properly, in an office, you take what works , so you can maximize efficency. too much commercial software does not run on linux for the reasons mentioned above. the same thing which makes linux secure - the fact that it is not used by enough businesses to make hacking it viable - plays against it, it is not used by enough businesses to make porting popular commercial software to it viable.
u are quite right mahn , the commercial vendors , its al about the money and windows gives them all the customers there need, , but there are still some power Open source programs out there , maybe not for CAD but in areas of Graphics, Video Editing ,acounting , even then some commercial vendors like maya have native linux port , and google is working on a Linux port for photoshop ,

on a whole though , the biggest freedom in life is freedom of choice , and u use what works for u, i have be doing all my business on Open source programs and i have not problem, am sure u too have little issues running ur own programs, so we are both happy with what we use , smiley

about esquire , he too is a good friend , (actually was one of the guys that broght me to Linux) what u had was a misunderstanding , i understand ur view and his view , u guys should just work things out , i hate being put in the middle when my too good friends are in a misunderstanding , cheers

N.B
the same thing which makes linux secure - the fact that it is not used by enough businesses to make hacking it viable

no that is not true, do u know how many hacker would make serious money if they were able to hack say, first bank's database , or western union mysql powered data base , Linux's is not easy to hack cus it is secured from ground up, it was built to be secured, built by hackers , in a 3 days hacking contest recently it took 2 min to hac the latest mac, 1 day to hack vista , ubuntu the least secured linux was never hacked , they couldnt do it , windows get easily hacked because of gapping holes in the system, it doesnt take a guru to hack windows and it relies on 3rd party suit for security, believe me there is no joy or rep in hacking windows , the system maks it easy for u, hack a linux system and u would be made president of the hacking world , (if there is ever any post like that)
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by Nobody: 11:41am On May 19, 2008
actually this is the competition ur talking about

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/29/ubuntu_left_standing/

i remeber reading mabout it - tho my memory was faulty - i thot they successfully hacked all the boxes. my bad . note what the guy said, though

Plenty of commentators have made hay of the MacBook Pro being the first to exit the race, and Linux zealots are sure to conclude the contest results prove the superiority of that platform. Maybe. But that's not how it looks to Macaulay, who says with a few hours of tweaking, his exploit will also work on OS X and Linux.

btw, one of my headaches with vista is all th ish they copied from linux and mac . UAC is basically an advanced form of what is used in MAC. with UAC on, too many of my apps will not work right . in the same way, too many tweaks in vista now have to be run through the command line,(linux style - i think) or in the registry.

2 examples

under xp, i can determine how much hard disk space i'm allocating to system restore from the gui, in vista, it has to be from the commandline. thankfully, the third party vendors are now releasing apps that enable you to do stuff like that via gui

also, under xp, i can automatically allocate icons to some filetypes via folder options. no can do under vista. u have to do it via the registry, or third party apps. i fked myself up big time when i tried using stardocks icon packager.and iconchanger. they didnt work , (strange - their cracks wouldnt run propely on vista, though they did on xp) eventually, i got microangelo's ( i forget the full name
) it worked, but damage had alredy been done, my wordfile icon was the blank 'file' icon. it took me some 4+ hours to solve it, evntually by tracking down the word icon in my brother's system, and matching the settings .

anyway, thats the way it always is, every new thing comes with its bugs.
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by bigrovar(m): 12:37pm On May 19, 2008
between, one of my headaches with vista is all th ish they copied from linux and mac . UAC is basically an advanced form of what is used in MAC. with UAC on, too many of my apps will not work right . in the same way, too many tweaks in vista now have to be run through the command line,(linux style - i think) or in the registry.

the UAC bleeped up with vista cus , it was poorly implemented, the windows kernel needs to the rewritten for such things to work well , the reason for their success on unix based systems is because they have been built from ground up to be that way, windows is flawed , on linux we have the kernel with is compiled differently from the gui and other libs , so a problem with one wont affect the other , on windows, both the kernel, the gui, internet explorer,windows explorer were all compiled together , so if u hack the explorer u can reach deep into the kernel and cus havoc , that is why the biggest hole in windows in the internet explorer , windows has a long way to go b4 it can attain the security level of linux,

under xp, i can determine how much hard disk space i'm allocating to system restore from the gui, in vista, it has to be from the commandline. thankfully, the third party vendors are now releasing apps that enable you to do stuff like that via gui

also, under xp, i can automatically allocate icons to some filetypes via folder options. no can do under vista. u have to do it via the registry, or third party apps. i fked myself up big time when i tried using stardocks icon packager.and iconchanger. they didnt work , (strange - their cracks wouldnt run propely on vista, though they did on xp) eventually, i got microangelo's ( i forget the full name
) it worked, but damage had alredy been done, my wordfile icon was the blank 'file' icon. it took me some 4+ hours to solve it, evntually by tracking down the word icon in my brother's system, and matching the settings .

i think the fact that winodows now allows u to use the cmd is a blessing in disguise , the cmd is a very power tool that many window user should learn to use , some of my grips with windows is the over simplication of things that should not be made that simple , yeah its good to have gui, but some times talking to the computer in the best language they understand gives the best result , most problems pple have on windows can easliy be solved with a cmd line post,
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by DualCore1: 12:20pm On May 23, 2008
erm. . . i need stuff like a manual or tut on installing the starcomms EVDO PCMCIA card on MS Vista wink
muchas gracias
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 23, 2008
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by DoubleN(m): 11:56am On May 29, 2008
@ OYB
I need a 2GB Ram,how do i go about it without getting ripped off!
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by Nobody: 7:57am On May 30, 2008
in pc village, they told me n25000!

the best way, in all honesty, is to order it abroad - ie go to ebay, where and enter 2gb ram. make sure you confirm the exact type of ram your system uses before you search ebay - ie ddr1/ddr2. also confirm the mhz .its best if you have someone over there who can order it. they don't to buisness with nigerians - thats the true legacy of the yahooze bastards. if u don't have anyone over there, you'd best go through a nairaland seller. i highly recommend brume 2020. i took delivery of a 4gb sd card i ordered through him last week. so now i have 3.82 gb of readyboost cache on my system.( dont think i can get any more performance than that. . )

http://shop.ebay.com/items/PC-Components__2gb-ram_W0QQ_nkwZ2gbQ20Q20ramQQQ5ftrksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em1QQQ5fcatrefZ1QQQ5fcatrefZ1QQ_npmvZ3QQ_sacatZ3667QQ_ssovZ1

you can also try amazon. . .
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:13am On May 30, 2008
Brume is a great guy and i can assure he'll deliver.
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by DoubleN(m): 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2008
Brume if you reading this post, please i need your help on getting the RAM. Ur Really right guys these yahoozee bastards are really making things difficult.
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by brume2020: 5:05am On Jun 03, 2008
Double N:

Brume if you reading this post, please i need your help on getting the RAM. your Really right guys these yahoozee bastards are really making things difficult.

Interesting. What are the chances that I would stumble upon a specific request directed at me while randomly poring thru nairaland tech pages.

Thanks Oyb and AdewaleAfolabi. I certainly appreciate your support.

Double N,

I recently purchased a 2GB DDR memory module for a non nairalander selling price for that unit was =N=10,800. I however need to point out that we have to find you a memory module that has been verified to work with your model and brand of computer. If you provide me this information then I can surely search for it and offer you a quote.

As well you can email me at brume2020@yahoo.co.uk for additional information.

regards,

Brume
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by brume2020: 10:58am On Jun 03, 2008
Double N,

I just sent you email.

Please get back,

regards,

Brume
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by DoubleN(m): 11:34am On Jun 03, 2008
Saw ur mail thanks.Looking forward to get your reply.Thanks!
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by brume2020: 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2008
I have sent you a quote. Please get back. Thanks. Brume
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by esquire(m): 12:11am On Jun 05, 2008
OYB or whats your name have just gotten the chance to get back at ya. I will ignore all your abusive and derogatory statements bout me. You sound to me as a frustrated fellow who has spent much on ram and stuffs and not getting the results. embarassed. Sorry. And this will be the last time i will trade war of words with you.
About CAD stuffs i have used QCAD on linux on more than one occassion its nice and can compete favourably with autocad.
Linux is it man msn server runs on linux and there are more that i can continue to be mentioning and am sure you have ur google hardly any distro have not tried am what you can call Distro LovePeddler and since edgy hav e settle down with ubuntu.

OYB, seriously to be fair, you are a power user on windows and in defending windoze u are not as zealous as Bigbrovar and what is using today am not saying u should use anything other that what u using now, but pick up ubuntu 8.04 cd it install temporarily in windoze, check it out and thats when you have a (little cos ubuntu (linux) works better on a dedicated partition of its own) veiw of the two OSES. Goodluck

Brume
I want to get a laptop very soon here is my nos 08028862963 text me ur nos so i will call u and we'll talk business.
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by brume2020: 9:55am On Jun 05, 2008
esquire,

I have sent you email; Please get back.

Thanks,

Brume
Re: Windows Vista - The Return by lammy2rule(m): 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2008
I feel all the comment thats has been passed about windows vista,but any way if you want to activate you vista or xp to genuine contact me.

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Branded Glo Modem / Window 8 Consumer's Preview / Like New UK Used Dell E7450 Ultrabook 5th Gen Core i7 @giveaway Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.