Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:19 AM

Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? (34581 Views)

Any Hope For A Database Administrator In Nigeria / I Finished With A 2-1...do I Need A Masters Degree? / How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by shostopper: 12:07pm On May 21, 2008
First and foremost let me begin by saying you are not unfortunate. Why would you sit and condemn yourself? Forget all the ba-bash you hear about degrees and all. Whether we admit it or not, we will become who we chose to become so long as its written in our destiny. I know a number of people who are currently "degree-less" but are making it by doing personal businesses. Take me for instance, i went to the university, spent 7 years of my life reading two courses-first medicine but was sexually harassed so i had to change my course. That didn't help coz my new HOD also harassed me sexually and is currently sitting on my final results. my supervisor says that if he gets off it i'm supposed to be a first class student but then no one knows when and if he will ever get off it but then i'm not sitting on my behind wondering why the world is treating me unfairly!!! I scouted for a job in a media house and got it and i'm currently running my own business with a friend of mine, You are who you choose to be so if you figure you are "unfortunate" then that is what you are!!! Change your mind frame dear and who knows? Things may come off better for you!!! my opinion though.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by demola9: 3:21pm On May 21, 2008
what i have say is that allah first.and sky is ur limit.u can get a job. pray hard and work hard.allah will answer ur pray.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by sweetums: 4:10pm On May 21, 2008
There are different kinds of people in this world.

Smart people
Dumb people
Wise people
Unwise people
Enlightened people
Ignorant people

While the smart people are born that way, so are the dumb ones. They could do little or nothing to change this sad fact.
The wise people study at school because they are aware of the need to excel in their studies, the unwise people take their education for granted. The englighted people can appreciate the need to rise above the rest and the ignorant people are content to be in the background.

Why all this self pity and regret, obviously, you fall into one of the unfortunate categories. From your post, I'd like to think you're only just dumb. That would give you an excuse for wating money on your education.

This thread must stop now. In this new Nigeria, we can not and would not tolerate second best.

I suggest you relocate because as an employer of labour I can assure you that there is no hope fgor your kind.

Next time, save everyone the disappointment and reject formal eduaction.

Third Class, Hiss. It even sounds obscene!!!
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by LAKANYE(m): 11:24pm On May 21, 2008
sweetums:

Smart people
Dumb people
Wise people
Unwise people
Enlightened people
Ignorant people

While the smart people are born that way, so are the dumb ones. They could do little or nothing to change this sad fact.
The wise people study at school because they are aware of the need to excel in their studies, the unwise people take their education for granted. The englighted people can appreciate the need to rise above the rest and the ignorant people are content to be in the background.

Why all this self pity and regret, obviously, you fall into one of the unfortunate categories. From your post, I'd like to think you're only just dumb. That would give you an excuse for wating money on your education.

This thread must stop now. In this new Nigeria, we can not and would not tolerate second best.

I suggest you relocate because as an employer of labour I can assure you that there is no hope fgor your kind.

THIS IS VERY COLD, AND HEARTLESS!!!
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by mowashe: 9:53am On May 22, 2008
*There are different kinds of people in this world.

Smart people
Dumb people
Wise people
Unwise people
Enlightened people
Ignorant people

Report to moderator *

SWEETTUMS ABI WETIN UR NAME BE-WRITE IT INUR DIARY TODAY, NO HARD FEELIGNs, U WILL REGRET UR STATEMENT IN UR POST!
SHEBI U THINK IT IS UHURU FOR YOU COS U ARE EMPLOYER OF LABOUR ABI? OYA NOW, LETS GO THERE
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by sweetums: 11:25am On May 22, 2008
Mowashe,
I refuse to trade words with you. Clearly you have many isses that border beyond ignorance and stupidity. Since I wasn't addressing you initially and you decided to take my wise contributions so personal, its safe to say infact that not only are you unemployed, you probably haven't had the priviledge of completing tertiary education.
I do not take kindly to threats, thank you. So in your own interests I would refrain from such antisocial behaviour.
Plus, you might want to further explain what you mean by this statement, I dont speak idiot language, lol

"SHEBI You THINK IT IS UHURU FOR YOU COS You ARE EMPLOYER OF LABOUR ABI? OYA NOW, LETS GO THERE"
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by carolina: 12:47pm On May 22, 2008
Hi, grin
Some months ago,i also thought like that,i made a 3rd class from Geology from the University Of I LORIN and my case is not a perculiar one.I had written and passed so many aptitude tests but i dont go beyond the interview level because the 3rd class syndrome would not allow me to be considered an ok candidate for the job.God was my mainstay and succour.But today i have a job with an organisation that knows my worth,regardless of my paper qualification and i am performing excellently.Pls my sweet heart,anytime there is an advert on job vacancy from virgin nigeria or any south african organisation,pls apply,if you are called and you do well in the tests and interview,u would be :opicked.i caroline,m a living testimony. kiss
[i][/i]
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by dee02(m): 2:36pm On May 22, 2008
sweetums:

Smart people
Dumb people
Wise people
Unwise people
Enlightened people
Ignorant people

LMFAO

More like a savage attack!lol
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by nelie(m): 3:55pm On May 22, 2008
U guys hav been wonderful, i must confess. i had wanted to keep this to myself, but i was quick to realize i was going to be doing myself more harm than good if i decide to do so. I school in one of the federal universities of technology in Nigeria, i m presently studing agricultural technology.(crop, soil, and pest mgt) am presently in a third class, but there is every hope for me making it to 2.2 if i spill. if i decideaduate this year, there shall be very minimal, or minute chances for me for coming out with a 2.2. the dilemma is what should i do? how am i gonna confront friends and relatives at home whom are already awaiting my convocation, they'v even gone to the extent of paying up my school fees in the university of dublin for my masters degree, for the 2008 2009 section? but at the same time, i must consider the hazards and detriments a 3rd class certificate can pose on my future!!! pls i need yu guys candid opinion on this issue. hollanell@yahoo.com
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by LAKANYE(m): 11:56pm On May 22, 2008
nelie:

You guys hav been wonderful, i must confess. i had wanted to keep this to myself, but i was quick to realize i was going to be doing myself more harm than good if i decide to do so. I school in one of the federal universities of technology in Nigeria, i m presently studing agricultural technology.(crop, soil, and pest mgt) am presently in a third class, but there is every hope for me making it to 2.2 if i spill. if i decideaduate this year, there shall be very minimal, or minute chances for me for coming out with a 2.2. the dilemma is what should i do? how am i going to confront friends and relatives at home whom are already awaiting my convocation, they'v even gone to the extent of paying up my school fees in the university of dublin for my masters degree, for the 2008 2009 section? but at the same time, i must consider the hazards and detriments a 3rd class certificate can pose on my future!!! please i need yu guys candid opinion on this issue. hollanell@yahoo.com

MY BROTHER, WITH THIS KIND OF ENGLISH WAY YOU DEY BLOW FOR THIS FORUM,, MAKE YOU DEY EXPECT A "JUST GET OUT" GRADE AT YOUR "GRADUATIONS", , NOT "CONVOCATION. AND BY THE WAY, WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THE FOLLOWING ENGLISH BLUNDERS,, HAV,, STUDING,, DECIDEADUATE,, dublin,, i,i,i,i,i,, THEY'V,, YU,, SECTION,, WHAT THE Bleep IS WRONG WITH YOU I'M VERY SURE YOU HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED ANY FOUR-WALLS OF ANY NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY, WHERE THE PROFESSORS DELIBERATELY BUTCHER THE STUDENTS. NA WHO YOU PAY TO HELP YOU WRITE THE ENGLISH VERSIONS OF JAMB/WAEC

[/b]ABUJA, HOUSTON YOU ARE A REAL JOKE!!![b]
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by mowashe: 8:57am On May 23, 2008
SWEETUMS,
Abba!!! u say u are not trading words and you insult me so much,stupid, ignorant,only me? ok.I am a graduate and u should have deduced from the tone of my post that i had a third class too. i am also, by the grace of God on the pay roll of the British Council. You will see that i am not the only one who reacted in such manner to your post. someone described it as COLD.
You sounded like you are attributing your success to your ingenuity and skill,scripture says that the race is not to the swift, hope u know the rest, That statement is not idiotic and definitly not a threat, cant attack u over internet protocol now! partly a line from one of 9ice's popular tracks-party ryder,just to say, make we dey see.this is a forum and i can contribute,so saying that you were not addressing me is no talk.
Take care and have a nice weekend
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by dee02(m): 10:02am On May 23, 2008
nelie:

You guys hav been wonderful, i must confess. i had wanted to keep this to myself, but i was quick to realize i was going to be doing myself more harm than good if i decide to do so. I school in one of the federal universities of technology in Nigeria, i m presently studing agricultural technology.(crop, soil, and pest mgt) am presently in a third class, but there is every hope for me making it to 2.2 if i spill. if i decideaduate this year, there shall be very minimal, or minute chances for me for coming out with a 2.2. the dilemma is what should i do? how am i going to confront friends and relatives at home whom are already awaiting my convocation, they'v even gone to the extent of paying up my school fees in the university of dublin for my masters degree, for the 2008 2009 section? but at the same time, i must consider the hazards and detriments a 3rd class certificate can pose on my future!!! please i need yu guys candid opinion on this issue. hollanell@yahoo.com

I CANT GET MY HEAD ROUND EVERYTHING YOU TYPED ABOVE

I DONT HAVE A FUC/KING CLUE OF WHAT YOU R ON ABOUT?

NO DISRESPECT OR PUN INTENDED BUT PLEASE CLARIFY THE MEANING OF THE HIGHLIGHTED WORDS SO NAIRALANDERS CAN HELP YOU

{IS IT MY GLASSES THAT NEEDS CHANGING OR DOES ANYONE ELSE SPOT SOME IRREGULARITIES ABOVE APART FROM LAKANYE?!}
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by sweetums: 10:06am On May 23, 2008
Whoa!! Congratulations!!

British Council as a second-class citizen, dont I just want to be in ur position. My mum worked there some 15 odd years ago as a unit head and with all the training she got she left for a good reason. She was too darn good for that. Maybe if u had studied hard u wont be so content with mediocre jobs.

Deep in your heart, I can assure you that u know ur job is crap. And u'll probably get fired soon anyways for incompetency coz that my friend is a quality I know you possess and cant supress.

Oh and who is 9ice to the educated? I dunno, Maybe you'd like to tell me. Dropping quotes from "party rider", Hiss, I need not tell you why you are a 3rd class graduate! We prefer the likes of Pavarotti who I'm sure you've never heard of.

Thank your God that Im taking time to educate you with the truth honey.

Have a pleasant day at work sucking up to white degenerate ass.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by mowashe: 1:08pm On May 23, 2008
[/color][color=
Black]

Hi, Sweetums
I dont know where you are taking all these too, no hard feelings as usual, Thanks for educating me about the likes of Pavorotti and machiavelli i wudnt have known them, had to check d encyclopeadia, pls dont stop educating me, if am sucking to white degenerate ass, at least your mum did same, 15 years ago when there were more opportunities and it took her time before she discovered she was a mediocre, please give me some time too, my oga.
i will say it again, 'Lets go there'it was not an attempt to display literary prowess, like i said, keep educating me, u, drop d lines from the works of macbeth et al and i learn from you, please tell me where your mum proceded to from the council and let me take a cue from her,
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 23, 2008
Before I write my own, I will offer a disclaimer, yes, life is not about grades, I know. Now after reading most of these posts, Ive discovered a trend. Most whom seemed to have finished from school with grades they didnt like, are basically saying not so nice things. Some are saying most of the pple who made 2-1 and above bought it or slept their way to get it. Please, how many of such do you know? Yes, this is Nigeria, but there are somethings you cannot just buy, even if it happens, then its an exception. Do u realize how many pple someone wud have to shag, each semester to get an A, or B grade, to push ur gpa into a 2-1? What are we saying? And if you are going to "sort", except if ur dad holds enuff pepper, you will be bankrupt, besides if u were so so rich, you wudnt bother urself studying to get those grades.
Some guys also like to claim that "they are better than some so-called 2-1s, and all that in terms of certs" .This in my honest opinion is just someone trying to console themselves. IF you were so good, you wouldnt need to talk, or boast, or prove that youre better than anyone. And no, I didnt have a first class, and I do not believe that your grades make you in life. However, I believe in taking responsibility for ones life, instead of trying to attack others who succeeded, and make something of your life. To the guy who said 90% of first class graduates cant explain what they did, guy, where did u get your stats from? Which journal did you read which gave those figures? When we as human beings cannot acheive something, we tend to belittle it as nothing. Some of these first classes, esp from Naija might as many of you claim, only know "theory", but are good in their own way, and we should celebrate such as at least showing the world that Nigeria has brains, as opposed to just being all about 419 scams.

@To all the pple who say paper qualifications (i.e Degrees) dont matter, and its all about certs, well my guy, certs are just "paper" also. And in Nigeria, most people with certs, just read or buy the braindumps, which is basically odu if you want to be honest, and then go and pass the exam. So tell me, what sets you apart from a so -called "cram and download" 2-1 or first class graduate? I was about studying for SCJP, and I put up a post on a reputable Java site about dumps, the people there replied that they BAN talking about it on their forums, and dont encourage the use of it in certs. Now, I focus on getting knowledge on my own, instead of burning cash keeping up with certs that always change (But its diff for ICAN, and others, am just talking from my own area)

Now to the poster. Third class doesnt mean the end of life. Develop a plan, pray, dont complain or compete with anyone, and move foward. Yes, life is not about grades, but if your hand finds something to do, do it with all your might. And I do not believe that pple who didnt do well in school didnt do well cus they were lazy. A number of factors are involved in Nigerian institutions. But instead of attacking pple who made it, we should focus on building ourselves positively and making our own impact.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by atilla(m): 4:55pm On May 23, 2008
Where there is life there is hope.

Some people did not finish school and end up living very meaningful lives as long as you try to add value to ur life in everything you do.

U can always add qualifications and work experience always adds up to propel you in jobs in the future
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Dexlomo: 6:57pm On May 23, 2008
Hello,

Well, I want to say categorically that there are jobs for you if only you blieve in yourself. I want you to know that there is nothing to cry over in your making a 3rd class. that is past and it is what you make of the present that determines the future. therefore, write some professional exams like ICAN, ACCA, CIPM, CIMA if you are in the arts or social sciences or CISCO, CCNA etc if you read any of the science courses. Worst case, go for your PGD. Your ability to defend yourself well enough in an interview is what will get yu the job irrespective of the circumstances that surrounded your making a 3rd class. Once you can convince your interviewer that you made a 3rd class as a result of your playful nature, ignorance or whatever reason and that you have learnt then the better for you. However, if you decide to go in search of sy(em)pathy at your interview, I assure you that you will only be ridiculed. brace up to life and face the challenges. Own up to God and he will see you thru.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by triaophant: 1:46am On May 24, 2008
I have read most of the reactions to the post and do think that most are adversary while others tend to be too antagonistic. The young man who originally posted wanted to find a solution to a problem, but instead of directing him on what to do, we are here boasting and making a lot of noise without any substance. Let us be civil and reasonable in our utterances. This forum belongs to Seun and therefore have rules of which most of us are breaking. Now to the original poster, this is my advice, I also made 3rd class in law and was called to the bar. But in practice, class of degree does not count as no judge will ask you of that before you defend a client in court, but what you can do in face of court is what brings you briefs and recognition. There are many SAN's with 3rd class Degrees. When I was at the law school, the best graduating student from Ebonyi State made 3rd class at UNEC ie UNN, but was the only student that made 1st class at the law school, as a result The Council of Legal Education of Nigeria and The Body of Bencher's queried the University and they review the Degree to 2.1. I am currently working with the NNPC and there are others in Shell and other Establishments. Years ago Shell was not even inviting HND, 2.2 for interview, but a particular year changed that, those with better grades disgraced themselves and that prompted Shell to invite those with lesser grades and the result was that the HND, 2.1 and 3rd class holders did excellently well that they had no choice than to employ them. Forget your class of degree and believe in yourself like Obama is doing in US Democratic primaries. Though you did say the course you read, if it is a professional course, your professional certificate matters more than you class of degree in the employment market. I have worked with many expatriates and one thing is clear that Nigerian Degrees are like trash to all of them, not regarded at all. so brace yourself and go for professional certificates. In the oil industry for instance in Nigeria, PTI Diploma or HND is highly rated than your 1st Class or 2.1 Degree. Though in summary That does not mean that if you are in school, you should not strive to do well to make a good grade, far from it, but where you end up with a lesser grade, brace yourself up and move on, that is what Professor Dan Fulani of ABU Zaria told me sometime ago. By the way he has 2 First Degrees, 7 Masters Degrees and 4 PhD Degrees, yet he is very humble. I have also met Mr Kevin Nwosu of the Settlement House Abuja a former Senior Lecturer and Director at the Nigerian Law School who made 1st Class at Imo University and 1st class at the Law School. Or in the alternative, you can read another course if you want a more dignifying class of degree or go for more higher degrees. You are not unfortunate, but can be what you will be if you want to.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by chiegemba(f): 1:22am On May 25, 2008
Of Cause!!! U just keep ur head high. . . . U'll be fine with time wink
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by LAKANYE(m): 1:42am On May 25, 2008
ONE THING I REALIZED ABOUT THIS 3RD CLASS GUY WAS THAT HE IS STILL SEEKING ADMISSION TO A UNIVERSITY, BUT HE IS SO SCARED HE WOULD BE GRADUATING WITH A 3RD CLASS.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by tyna1(f): 10:02am On May 25, 2008
LAKANYE~:

ONE THING I REALIZED ABOUT THIS 3RD CLASS GUY WAS THAT HE IS STILL SEEKING ADMISSION TO A UNIVERSITY, BUT HE IS SO SCARED HE WOULD BE GRADUATING WITH A 3RD CLASS.
If that is the case,he shouldn't bother going to university to waste his parents money.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by LAKANYE(m): 7:00pm On May 25, 2008
tyna1:

If that is the case,he shouldn't bother going to university to waste his parents money.

I second your notion. He would not only be wasting his parents' money, but the precious times of various Professors that would be going through hell to figure out the theme or context clues of his papers. grin
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by jaybaby(f): 2:07pm On May 26, 2008
@ Poster
stop Suckin get off ur Bum n go get a post-Grad certificate,
then after u go 4 ya MASTERS! with that ; who go see ur 3rd class?
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by LAKANYE(m): 3:24pm On May 26, 2008
jaybaby:

@ Poster
stop Suckin get off your Bum n go get a post-Grad certificate,
then after u go 4 ya MASTERS! with that ; who go see your 3rd class?

If a student cannot handle the pressure elementary school, what makes you think he would do better in High school. Also, if a student cannot handle high school pressures, what makes you think he would do better in College, and lastly if this dude cannot make it better than 3rd class at undergraduate level, his probability of making it out of grad school on time is probably NEGATIVE.
We need to STOP advising him to go for further studies, he should have made a better turn at the four-point, by going to a TRADE CENTER or SOME LOCAL MECHANIC WORKSHOPS, and learn some kind of TRADE, OR MECHANIC REPAIRS, TIRE REPAIRS, BUS CONDUCTION, BUS DRIVER, TAXI DRIVER, BRICK LAYING, ETC. ETC. My brother TIME NA MONEY O, MAYBE SCHOOL NO DEY FOR YOUR STAR, YOU JUST DEY FORCE YOURSELF.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Cesc04: 4:32pm On May 26, 2008
There's hope for you my brother with 3rd class.Just believe in your self,control your destiny and you will rule your world.All the best.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by osites(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2008
hmm i had a good laugh when i read the entry by "4 him". i am a 3rd class graduate in computer science also n i'm proud of it.y? coz i started my own company DIGICOM SYSTEMS NIGERIA and hav executed a number of projects and im worth a couple of M's now, live in asokoro n drive an ML 320. Not to blow my own horn i wud like to make it clear to arrogant pricks ("4 him"winkthat feel so fortunate to be 1st class (my assumption)students that alot of u r still trying to life the nigerian dream coz u feel to good to go for certain jobs.Alot of my mates work in banks (from 7-7) take a cab and they graduated wit 2.1's(no offense to any1 taking cabs afterall i did the same for a while).so to sum it all "4 him" learn to think outside the box, its a bigger world than u think.cheers
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by 4Him1(m): 5:22pm On May 26, 2008
osites:

hmm i had a good laugh when i read the entry by "4 him". i am a 3rd class graduate in computer science also n i'm proud of it.y? because i started my own company DIGICOM SYSTEMS NIGERIA and hav executed a number of projects and im worth a couple of M's now, live in asokoro n drive an ML 320. Not to blow my own horn i would like to make it clear to arrogant pricks ("4 him"winkthat feel so fortunate to be 1st class (my assumption)students that alot of you're still trying to life the nigerian dream because u feel to good to go for certain jobs.Alot of my mates work in banks (from 7-7) take a cab and they graduated wit 2.1's(no offense to anyone taking cabs afterall i did the same for a while).so to sum it all "4 him" learn to think outside the box, its a bigger world than u think.cheers

what a shame. Because you've been "successful" (heaven knows how since this is Nigeria) so everyone else should toe the line of laziness?
Dangote, Adedibu did not even graduate not to talk of having a 3rd class degree . . . are they not also "successful"?

Its sad that "success" in Nigeria is now measured by how connected you are with those in positions to loot the nation and less on your drive to work hard, its no surprise that the vast majority of Nigerians would rather leave the country in search of better opportunities and better organised nations were rogues are not rewarded for doing absolutely nothing.

Your mates drive cabs, it says little about their competence but ABOUT the injustices in a nation were the likes of Abacha can secure over $4b in underground vaults.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Wokeyim(f): 8:38am On May 27, 2008
@ poster
Every one is advising u to get certificates, PGDs and so on. But u know what i'll say?,
Start another 1st degree afresh if u're so bothered about the 3rd class stuff grin

@ Obiem.
Guy u're right. Wole Soyinka graduated with a 3rd class but went abroad to school and graduated with a FIRST class. So it all boils down to the Nigerian Education system and environment. I can tell u firmly that not all first class and 2.1's are the smartest, using myself as an example. I made a very high 2.1, almost a first class. I wouldn't say am dumb but they're still smarter guys in my office with 2.2's and so on. I was the typical "copy and Paster"our bros referred to, u know we just read to pass exams and i knew how to do that well. So bros, garner more certificates, a PGD, masters and so on, and it will be well. U can also go into business, start a company and all that, if u don't believe in yourself.

GOD DEY!!!
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by jaybaby(f): 1:36pm On May 27, 2008
Very 4ni @ LANKAYE

I Understand what u mean but i know of sm1 that came out with 3rd class,
really we kept askin her what happened with her.
when she was in school she was one of d best student in her dept
infact she was leading, so most tyms it's not that they r Daftl may be they over did things.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Wokeyim(f): 2:10pm On May 27, 2008
jaybaby:

Very 4ni @ LANKAYE

I Understand what u mean but i know of sm1 that came out with 3rd class,
really we kept askin her what happened with her.
when she was in school she was one of d best student in her dept
infact she was leading, so most tyms it's not that they r Daftl may be they over did things.

really not every one who grads with a three is dumb. sometimes the course and the school/lecturers contribute. i know someone whose father is a professor, mother an academic doctor of maths, and the children, if u wake them up with maths in the morning, them go everly answer u correct. they are smart kids, her sister was the best graduating stud in my sec. school. Now this girl studied physics, ask any one who has been in Unical what physics department in that school is. The lecturers are WICKED. This girl graduated with a 2.2, and guess what? she was the best graduating student in her class.
Now I know someone else who finished from Chemistry with a 3rd. Chemistry, Physics and Pol. Science depts for that school, their lecturers don swear say person no go ever make 2.1 there. Smartest kid in her class and went to school quite young. She cried when she got her result, but her father told her not to worry, coz he knew her worth. She's now in the manager of some HIV NGO and is seeing big cash, going abroad and coming back coz she's got the brains. It's not necessarily the paper.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by LAKANYE(m): 11:13pm On May 27, 2008
Wokeyim:

really not every one who grads with a three is dumb. sometimes the course and the school/lecturers contribute. i know someone whose father is a professor, mother an academic doctor of maths, and the children, if u wake them up with maths in the morning, them go everly answer u correct. they are smart kids, her sister was the best graduating stud in my sec. school. Now this girl studied physics, ask any one who has been in Unical what physics department in that school is. The lecturers are WICKED. This girl graduated with a 2.2, and guess what? she was the best graduating student in her class.
Now I know someone else who finished from Chemistry with a 3rd. Chemistry, Physics and Pol. Science depts for that school, their lecturers don swear say person no go ever make 2.1 there. Smartest kid in her class and went to school quite young. She cried when she got her result, but her father told her not to worry, because he knew her worth. She's now in the manager of some HIV NGO and is seeing big cash, going abroad and coming back because she's got the brains. It's not necessarily the paper.

[b]Its amazing that everyone have something to say about this 3rd class degree issue. It looks like this trend may never end. The more you read about individual responses, the more you learn about the bitter experiences of NIGERIAN STUDENTS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES. It is sad, but, grin grin grin THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES.

WOKEYIM,
Please do not misconstrued my perspectives about the matter. I NEVER CALL ANY NIGERIAN 3RD CLASS GRADUATE DUMB OR STUPID. I have had the experiences of being a university student in Nigeria, (UNILAG/OAU) United Kingdom, and the United States.
All Nigerian International students will agree with me that it is somewhat though for students at home, academically, than Nigerian students abroad. Some of us here attend classes like we are going to college in heaven. But, we all face different obstacles on our path to success. You do all it takes to overcome your obstacles in life, and NOT allow your individual obstacles to overcome your progress and even dictate your future. What is more to say about this issue of 3rd class graduands?? Sometimes students need to re evaluate if academic prowess is their limelight, and NOT enforce themselves into academic prowess if they cannot withstand the brutality of the NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY SYSTEM.
[/b]

I'm sorry it had to happen to the complainant, , but we ALL CANNOT BE KINGS AND QUEENS, the bitter cry TRUTH is the actual facts that SOME MUST FALL angry, WHILE SOME MUST RISE cool, SOME MUST LEAD, shocked WHILE SOME MUST FOLLOW . Sorry bro. tongue YOUR DESTINY IS IN YOUR HAND, BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL BREATHING. Make the appropriate adjustments to your shortcomings academic wise, and progress towards your dynamic destiny, perhaps in another direction SHIKENNA!!!
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Mugabe(m): 10:12am On May 28, 2008
please sir that is not an issue for discussion.it has been proven.they even make it bettr in the society than anyone else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Discover Your Talent? / I Need Your Advice On Whether To Relocate To Canada Or Start Poultry Farm / What Percentage Of Your Salary Should Be Allotted To Accommodation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.