Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,792 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:07 AM

Serious Question About Judaism And Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Serious Question About Judaism And Christians (612 Views)

What Are Some Differences Between Judaism Christianity And Islam? / Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? / Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 16, 2013
Iv been trying to really wrap my head around this whole Jesus Christ being the son of God. Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God and savior of the Jews...and the only way to heaven is supposedly through him. But the Jews...God's chosen people...absolutely reject him as the son of God and call it blasphemy...yeah there are some Jews that are Christians but the Jewish community rejects Jesus overwhelmingly and see him as a mere pity criminal. Now do Christians believe that the Jews(God's chosen people) will still enter heaven even though they reject Jesus? And if the Jews dont enter heaven what makes Africans think they will get in?
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 16, 2013
Le woot! First!! Ill be back with a proper response.
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Le woot! First!! Ill be back with a proper response.
that's better....
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Mudley313: 1:51am On Jun 16, 2013
funny thing is, jesus himself was a practicing jew from the line of judah...born in bethlehem, his mother and stepfather were betrothed by a rabbi...jesus spoke in temples, not churches and practiced all the jewish customs...chritianity was founded years after jesus' death (bout 30 yrs after if we consider paul, but institutionalized bout 300 yrs after by constantine)...jesus was born jew, lived his life as a jew and died as a jew
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by enilove(m): 4:28am On Jun 16, 2013
If he was accepted,he would'nt have been crucified and there would'nt have been anyway out for mankind.

His rejection was predicted about 1,300 years in the book of Isaiah 53:3-12
"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. [4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. [6] All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. [7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. [8] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. [9] And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. [10] Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. [11] He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. [12] Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

John 3:16 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 4:9-11 KJV
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. [10] Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. [11] Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

It had to be so. It waa God's plan to reconcile us back to Him.

It does not matter whether the Jews rejected him or not.What matters is that those who believe in him shall be saved.
And the Bible tells us that some jews shall be saved and other people arround the world shall also be saved in Revelation 7:4, 9 KJV
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. [9] After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

This was the promise God gave to Abraham when He called him Genesis 17:5 KJV
Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Accept Jesus Christ today into your life as your saviour and be saved b4 it is too late.
There is no other name and way by which anyone can be saved except in the name of Jesus Christ the Son of the living God.
God loves you and me and He does not want us to perish and has made a way of Salvation for us all,but only for those who believe and repent from their sins.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 16, 2013
enilove:

Accept Jesus Christ today into your life as your saviour and be saved b4 it is too late.
There is no other name and way by which anyone can be saved except in the name of Jesus Christ the Son of the living God.
God loves you and me and He does not want us to perish and has made a way of Salvation for us all,but only for those who believe and repent from their sins.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
What is all this? you just happened to be born into a christian family...if you were born in India you would be telling me to accept...Hinduism....if you were born in Saudi Arabia you would be telling me to accept Allah....after all this you still didn't even answer my question...
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by enilove(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
What is all this? you just happened to be born into a christian family...if you were born in India you would be telling me to accept...Hinduism....if you were born in Saudi Arabia you would be telling me to accept Allah....after all this you still didn't even answer my question...

It is not good to come to a conclusion when you do not know anything about the subject.

I was not born into a christian home or by christian parents.

I was a teenager when I realised that Muslims and Christians are not serving the same God and are heading in diff directions.

I dicided to know more about that religion I was (Islam ).Frankly speaking, you must know what you are doing in this life. I knew there is a purpose for everything in life. With reserch and question from my muslim friends I got to know that most muslims know nothing about the god they worship and are ready to take all or any lie they are fed with.

I said to myself,this Islam and Christianity are not the religion of our forefathers,so why must I worship their gods.

I also started reading the bible and made a research about it.I asked the Jehovah witness many questions.
What I got satisfied me. And I called on my Creator to show some signs regarding the right religion. I got a confirmation from God that Jesus Christ is the only way.

I then joined Deeper Life Bible Church and got born again at their former head quater at Gbagada in lagos.

If you do not ask God for the way,am afraid, you might continue in darkness and keep posting this nonsense and justifiying your actions.

You can ask your Creator to show you who He is.
He is faithful and just,He will answer you.
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by F00028: 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
^^^u have still not answered the question

enilove:
I got a confirmation from God that Jesus Christ is the only way...
anyway, how did you know it was God?
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Emusan(m): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you want to tell me that there's no christian in India?

A thread is coming soon about how people misunderstand BIBLE wait for it!
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Emusan(m): 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2013
enilove:

It is not good to come to a conclusion when you do not know anything about the subject.

I was not born into a christian home or by christian parents.

I was a teenager when I realised that Muslims and Christians are not serving the same God and are heading in diff directions.

I dicided to know more about that religion I was (Islam ).Frankly speaking, you must know what you are doing in this life. I knew there is a purpose for everything in life. With reserch and question from my muslim friends I got to know that most muslims know nothing about the god they worship and are ready to take all or any lie they are fed with.

I said to myself,this Islam and Christianity are not the religion of our forefathers,so why must I worship their gods.

I also started reading the bible and made a research about it.I asked the Jehovah witness many questions.
What I got satisfied me. And I called on my Creator to show some signs regarding the right religion. I got a confirmation from God that Jesus Christ is the only way.

I then joined Deeper Life Bible Church and got born again at their former head quater at Gbagada in lagos.

If you do not ask God for the way,am afraid, you might continue in darkness and keep posting this nonsense and justifiying your actions.

You can ask your Creator to show you who He is.
He is faithful and just,He will answer you.

@bold-I'm so impressed with it!

Many christians today are just claiming there's God by faith (even on NL) not that they have real encounter with God.

I was born into christian home but initially I was so deep in science more than christianity, if not because I seek the face of God personally and got a sign from God I would have become an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Emusan(m): 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
F00028: ^^^u have still not answered the question
This is the question that the OP ask: "Now do Christians believe that the Jews(God's chosen people) will still enter heaven even though they reject Jesus? And if the Jews don't enter heaven what make Africans think they will get in?"

because you don't want to hear the truth you cover your eyes not to see any truth in 'enilove's' reply.

anyway, how did you know it was God?

If you want to know grab your BIBLE with an open mind and read.

ROMANS 10:12-13 "[12] For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13] For whosoever shall call the name of the Lord (Jesus Christ) shall be saved."
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by enilove(m): 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2013
Emusan:
This is the question that the OP ask: "Now do Christians believe that the Jews(God's chosen people) will still enter heaven even though they reject Jesus? And if the Jews don't enter heaven what make Africans think they will get in?"

because you don't want to hear the truth you cover your eyes not to see any truth in 'enilove's' reply.

If you want to know grab your BIBLE with an open mind and read.

ROMANS 10:12-13 "[12] For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13] For whosoever shall call the name of the Lord (Jesus Christ) shall be saved."

God bless you,I pray that by the grace of God Almighty we shall make heaven when the time comes ,in the name of Jesus Christ.

Most of the times it worries me that many people do not know that it when you ask that it shall be given unto you and when you seek you shall find.
To ask for God's direction in prayer is hard for many.

I think if we Christians see it as a duty to pray for the unsaved ones known to us,they might change.

Thanks and stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2013
^^Smh.....brainwashed tools
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by enilove(m): 5:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ghostface_killa: ^^Smh.....brainwashed tools

Call it whatever name that pleases you but I know that
1 Corinthians 1:18 tells me that
"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."

It is not good for any living soul to be identified with the dead or ghost. Change your I D to something better or are you a spirit being?
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by enilove(m): 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ghostface_killa: ^^Smh.....brainwashed tools

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."

It is not good for any living soul to be identified with the dead or ghost. Change your I D to something better or are you a spirit being?

The Egyptians that perished in the red sea thought as well that the Israelites were being brainwashed by Moses until they ( Egyptians ) perished in the red sea.

Better repent now and serve God your maker b4 it is too late. There is no repentance in hell.
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2013
I believe it all has to do with the physical manifestation of Jesus which some believe to be God. I believe that there are 3 separate entities. God (the father) Jesus (the son) and then the Holy Ghost. Each are of their own, but together the purpose is one. Jewish belief is different than the normal Christian belief, but so is mine compared to others I suppose. I believe that because of the atonement that we all can go to Heaven as long as we accept the atonement and live to our best.

I believe those that know of the Gospel are meant to teach the Gospel to all of the world, thus leading all people (Africa, Asia, whatever) to Heaven. I do not think that somebody will go to hell for not believing.
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Emusan(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper: I believe it all has to do with the physical manifestation of Jesus which some believe to be God. I believe that there are 3 separate entities. God (the father) Jesus (the son) and then the Holy Ghost. Each are of their own, but together the purpose is one. Jewish belief is different than the normal Christian belief, but so is mine compared to others I suppose. I believe that because of the atonement that we all can go to Heaven as long as we accept the atonement and live to our best.

I believe those that know of the Gospel are meant to teach the Gospel to all of the world, thus leading all people (Africa, Asia, whatever) to Heaven. I do not think that somebody will go to hell for not believing.

@bold- This is the major problem we have in christendom today "making asertion without the help of the Holy Spirit". If you don't believe people will go to hell for not believing in Jesus then you disprove Jesus saying in John 14:6 and call God a liar because He said "Heaven and earth shall passed away but none of His words shall go without fulfilled" remember BIBLE is the word of God.
Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2013
@enilove; Let us assume that your story of conversion is true. it is therefore worthy of analysis. so i will like to know what you heard from God as you said it was God Who confirmed that the only way to Him is through Jesus? How do you know that it was God and not another thing was 'confirming' this to you? did you see God or you just heard His Voice? if you saw Him, what does He look like; robust detail, since God has favored you personally, confirming directly to you without sending Angel or Holy Spirit? you seem to be far important to God than Mary the mother of Jesus who Angel came to and her getting pregnant was the handwork of the Holy Ghost. so if it was only His Voice you heard but did not see Him, who among anyone we possible may know does He sound like? if His son, the man Jesus who is more important than His voice was seen and heard in his time, the voice of God can not be veiled from you, because Jesus was not veiled from those those who saw him? my question about His Voice or His look is not outrageous if it is not outrageous to you that God should have a son or actually be His Own very son or speak to you. Incidentally the another comforter was to hear from God and tell people. You have heard from God, so please tell people.

ohn 3:16 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 4:9-11 KJV
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. [10] Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. [11] Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

It had to be so. It waa God's plan to reconcile us back to Him.

It does not matter whether the Jews rejected him or not.What matters is that those who believe in him shall be saved.
And the Bible tells us that some jews shall be saved and other people arround the world shall also be saved in Revelation 7:4, 9 KJV
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. [9] After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

This was the promise God gave to Abraham when He called him Genesis 17:5 KJV
Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

if in court of law, 4 people gave 4 different versions of the same story, wherein information they share together in their narratives are different, can the jury convict and the judge throws the book at the accused or should the testimonies be deemed non credible because of the differences? what if they say they were recalling it exactly as the eyewitnesses told them because they were not eyewitnesses therefore say "according to. . ."? is that enough to admit them as credible, or actually doubt if the eyewitnesses who told them were actually eyewitnesses in the first place? if this was about life and death could you admit anyone of the 4 versions of the testimonies as worthy of being true evident for or against the plaintiff or defendant?

I often ask and i have not gotten a bold answer yet from the christians if the verses in the gospel of john is enough to consider what they say Jesus is while the other 3 gospels have a much lower opinion of Jesus? are we being honest to ourselves if we say Jesus was God and or son of God and or the only way to salvation from Adam to the last man that will walk the face of the earth, except that we are discounting the fact that God alone accomplishes what He wishes to accomplish by just Commanding it, including Forgiveness and Salvation [since He forgave Adam and Eve, and admitted into His Mercy; Enoch, Noah, etc, Abraham the father of true monotheistic faith, his household to include his spouses and his sons, their children, even the children of their children, Moses and Aaron, Joshua, Samuel, Saul, David who birds join him in singing the praises of God, Solomon who God made the wisest, Ezra and many women in the Bible to include Ruth, Ester, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Job, Isiah, Zachariah and his sinless son, John and has taken the jewish nations as His people so much so that they are made Gods long time before Jesus] while there is no credible evidence for God to change His pattern so that He can bring Jesus in? is 25% [1 gospel] good enough as passing grade and 75% [3 gospels] is failing grade?

why would any of these men and women of favor should need Jesus who if he was man and God at the same time, his overall man quality even if it was perfect has diminished the overall purity of his God quality when he was both man and God compared to when he was God alone without the man quality or the God quality of the always God holy ghost who the christian argues is lower than Jesus the son in the Trinity? if God the father is able to control everything at all time, why need to kill a son He loves the most for the benefit of the sinners he must love less than the son especially reading how the son did not want the death so much so that he sweated blood because of the begging and crying and weeping and the all night prayers? if the sacrifice was truly accepted why should the sinners still need to obey Him on their own as seeker of forgiveness, individually and still be judged on their own merit of obedience just like those who lived and died before the son came to earth? What purpose is the son or any death if condition after was basically as before; pharaoh and hitler are not covered because of their personal accountability? are you saying people like pharaoh and the generation that made golden calf will be forgiven? if Jesus affected all who died before he arrived, he has to affect each of them the same way. those who plotted against him and the thief who did not acknowledge him must be in paradise because the purpose must be extra ordinary? if you argue that the thief will not go to paradise because he didn't believe Jesus, how do you condemn pharaoh who didn't see Jesus?

It would have made a greater sense if each of the gospels spoke about the very "indisputable qualities" of Jesus if each of them were true instead of just 1 out of 4 and the others cheapened him to be a prophet. it seems from what we read that he was truly a prophet and not as the lone dissenter projected him. if 3 people say Tinubu was a Governor and 1 person says he was President, we have to assume one group is lying, since governor is a lower position and those who say he is governor, either dont like him, therefore lie about his achievement or the one who says he was president lied and over praised him by exaggerating his actual position. for sure both cant be right.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Question About Judaism And Christians by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2013
enilove:

The Egyptians that perished in the red sea thought as well that the Israelites were being brainwashed by Moses until they ( Egyptians ) perished in the red sea.

Better repent now and serve God your maker b4 it is too late. There is no repentance in hell.
You sound fuqqin ridiculous bro and the bible you keep quoting to me is a fallacy, it's all gibberish to me......btw.....you know nothing about 'Ghostface_killa' so just stfu! and don't tell me to change my i.d......#nuff said

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of A Shrine In China - Ise Grand Shrine – Part 1 (geku) / Rccg Pastor's Daughter Insists Islam Is Her Religion Of Her Choice / A World Christain E-convention On Facebook is going on now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.