Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,379 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years (16172 Views)

It’s A Sin For Muslims To Vote Non- Muslims –islamic Cleric / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric / Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by sino(m): 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
PBundles:

That something is seen happening DOESNT MAKE IT LEGAL even if its done with officials. What I find strange and actually amusing is that you are arguing something that is KSA LAW! Its in their constitution! Must I, a non muslim tell you that the Basic Law as observed in KSA is based on the Qur’an and the Sunma which forms their constitution. Are you ashamed that its so, otherwise whats the big deal in saying its so, its not my fault. I a muslm but I dont have the responsibility of overseeing what a whole countries does. The mere fact that you fail to see or want to see what is a fact only confirms to me that in your HEART OF HEART know that its not right otherwise you wouldn’t be defending a lie tooth and nail.

There is NO separation of religion and state. The government restricts the establishment of places of worship and public training of non-Sunmi clergy. That the public ( mind you public) education system enforces the teaching of Islam and the textbooks are intolerant of Christianity and other religions. Must I as a non Muslim tell you what the job is of the mutaww’in. Why do the mutaww’in have as one of the duties the confiscation of Bibles and other Christian symbols. Must I really school you, really? You should be schooling me. Instead you are sending links and films not authorised by KSA.

WHY NOT DO WHAT I DID IF YOU REALLUY WANT TO GET EDUCATED AND CALL THE EMBASSY AND ASK THE SIMPLE QUESTION: ARE BIBLE BANNED? And you will hear what I heard: following the law strictly YES! But if you dont go about parading it in the open you should (he said to me should , but couldn’t guarantee) have no problem. I cant guarantee that you will be allowed to bring other religious material in though including bibles. Soon you will try and convince me I didnt have the conversation.

I know your argument is that there are Christians living there, but its tolerated. The true letter of the law according to the constitution is it ILLEGAL.

The truth is that KSA on one hand abide by it when its good for them ( do you know the business dealings they have with the western world, which makes it all the more hypocritical when they arrest and persecute Asian (mainly Filipino, Indian, Sri Lanka etc) workers for breaking these religious laws and dont say anything to a Brit or American.

By the way, the below mentioned was on Wikitravel. I would recommend that you send an email QUICKLY to the KSA embassy informing them about the blatant lie mentioned so they can rectify asap. We wouldn’t want people to think that they KSA actually enforce the below mentioned.

Religious items for religions other than Islam, including Bibles, crucifixes and any religious literature, are technically forbidden, although these days items for personal use are generally ignored. However, anything that hints of proselytism is treated very harshly, and the muttawa often bust illicit church assemblies and the like.Public observance of religions other than Islam is technically a crime in Saudi Arabia.

Something tells me though, you wont. I wonder why. Just because one stands by a false fact and screams and stamps their foot, doesn’t make it true. Sometimes the truth hurts, so what, just live with it. We didnt make the rules, we just have to abide by them.

Sir, i don't really see the lie i am defending here, personally, i have a lot of issues with KSA and the way they practice the sharia, i am not hiding from the fact, i guess you do not understand my stance so i'll try and reiterate my position.
Initially you said this
PBundles: If this is true, that other religions are to be respected, then WHY ARE BIBLES NOT
ALLOWED IN CERTAIN ISLAMIC COUNTRIES (ie
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).
I may be
wrong but is there any country that bans the
Quran?
Which i respond to with a link showing that indeed you can bring in the Bible without hassle here is the link again
http://
www.muslimspeak./2008/07/16/
muslim-urban-legends-the-saudi-bible-ban/

On your second question about Qur'an ban, i'm also not sure, but the french placed a ban on the face veil in public places, hijab/headscarfs in public institutions and wants to broaden it to headscarfs in private sectors too. Here is the link
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/01/french-veil-ban_n_2992642.html
Can you call this freedom of religion? Are they being respectful to Islam? Are they being tolerant?

Thereafter, you came up to post the saudi constitution(i guess) which you didn't provide a link to(although i think it's from wiki) and posted this:
PBundles:
This is interesting but Im sorry to burst your
bubble, but its illegal in KSA. I would rather you
quote the KSA government and not an
unauthrised website and YT film.Freedom of religion is neither recognized nor protected
under the law and is severely restricted in
practice. According to the 1992 Basic Law,
Sunni Islam is the official religion and the
country’s constitution is the Qur’an and the
Sunna (traditions and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad).
Just because something is tolerated doesnt mean its allowed.
If this is the constitution you are alluding to, then it doesn't in any way ban the bringing in of the Bible. Please help me out, provide proof for the explicit banning of bringing in the Bible for personal use since you know the constitution of KSA more than i do. If you tolerate something, then you've allowed it na undecided
Is Freedom of religion ristricted? Yes, can you bring in the Bible for personal use? Yes, can you bring in the Bible for proselytising? No.

Hope you can understand my stance now?
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by luluosas(m): 8:28am On Jun 19, 2013
No need to jail the man at all, as I foresee him preaching the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ in no distant future.

1 Like

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Dewze(m): 9:17am On Jun 19, 2013
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 9:50am On Jun 19, 2013
dont feel like calling the embassy huh? Wouldnt that have been the easiets thing to do and prove me wrong?

To save us the back and forth all you have to do is call. Call the embassy and ask the very simple question like I did. I was told ITS AGAINST THE LAW TO BRING A BIBLE and then relay to us what you are told. Also from a legal standpoint if you tolerate something, NO you are not allowing it especially if there is a law about it. Ask any lawyer, if there is a law broken and authorties choose not to enforse ( hence tolerate) its doesnt mean the law doesnt exist, which is your point and i wrong.

I can truly understand your confusion, as many Muslims whom I work with also didnt know. They said the said thing, but I see Christians in KSA etc etc. Then I say the same thing just call the Embassy. Later I see them stating that they frankly didnt know. Im still surprised that a confessed Muslim as yourself doesnt know that the constitution of KSA is the Qur’an and the Sunma. Your asking me to provide a link Your Imam wouldnt be happy with you as you should know this as a fact. I challenge any muslim on this forum to prove otherwise. The link as I mentioned is unauthorised.

Ok you are afraid to call, lets do something else: Show me a citation or statement from any KSA official stating you are free to bring Bibles into KSA and that will settle it, ok. A statement ot link, not a film or link from an unauthorised person. YOU WONT FIND IT. IT DOESNT EXIST.

On the French issue, correct me if Im wrong but they banned the veils NOT THE QURAN and by the way you still havent told us if any country bans it. Um but you also know that its banned in Turkey to wear such in banks right, even for Muslims. Ive been to Turkey for a period for my work. I dont agree with teh French banning, as I feel that everyone has the freedom to wear what they want, but since you rose the question, may my wife a non muslim wear what she wants in KSA or anyother muslim country: NO. Every muslim country has as its base Sharia and the women who are guests must abide by their rules and dress codes. This is from first hand information as I travel frequently with my wife. If one argeues that well these countries are Muslim, why the fuss when Christian counries say in these countries you must abide by our rules. Lets imagine for a second that Christian dominted countries all imposed a dress code and said to Muslim women, when here dont were anything on your head because we have as base the Bible, what would be your reaction. I have nothing against you or your religion, so lets get that straight, but is the hypocrisy that I have a hard time swallowing. You insisit that your rules are followed at your domains, OK, but when the other side wants to impose their wishes ( which are not that strict when you compared them to the what Muslim countries impose on non Muslims) you scream foul. I have long wondered, if you are unable to practice your religion in the way you see fit then why even think of going to these countries? Why go to France, the US, UK etc. everyone knows that the Middle East is richm why not simply go there? I ask this in respect and not to disrespect you in any way.

sino:

Sir, i don't really see the lie i am defending here, personally, i have a lot of issues with KSA and the way they practice the sharia, i am not hiding from the fact, i guess you do not understand my stance so i'll try and reiterate my position.
Initially you said this
Which i respond to with a link showing that indeed you can bring in the Bible without hassle here is the link again
http://
www.muslimspeak./2008/07/16/
muslim-urban-legends-the-saudi-bible-ban/

On your second question about Qur'an ban, i'm also not sure, but the french placed a ban on the face veil in public places, hijab/headscarfs in public institutions and wants to broaden it to headscarfs in private sectors too. Here is the link
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/01/french-veil-ban_n_2992642.html
Can you call this freedom of religion? Are they being respectful to Islam? Are they being tolerant?

Thereafter, you came up to post the saudi constitution(i guess) which you didn't provide a link to(although i think it's from wiki) and posted this:

If this is the constitution you are alluding to, then it doesn't in any way ban the bringing in of the Bible. Please help me out, provide proof for the explicit banning of bringing in the Bible for personal use since you know the constitution of KSA more than i do. If you tolerate something, then you've allowed it na undecided
Is Freedom of religion ristricted? Yes, can you bring in the Bible for personal use? Yes, can you bring in the Bible for proselytising? No.

Hope you can understand my stance now?
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 9:54am On Jun 19, 2013
Dewze:

you only posted alink about someone's opinion and interpretation of that KSA law. This interpretation is a bit skewed because it is clearly stated there that the bible is prohibited, just like narcotics and small arms. Does it then mean tht if you want to bring in narcotics and small arms for personal use it ll be allowed? Pls make it clearer for me if there is something I am mistaking here.

I suppose If it is allowed by law to bring in the bible for personal use it ll be stated in a clause in their constituition. Constitutions as I know it try to avoid ambiguity as much as possible for the sake of personal interpretations, like the one I see here.

SPOT ON! He doesnt want to see the truth because deep in his heart he is having trouble dealing with it. The law is clear PROHIBITED, yet he wants to bend it to meet his purpose. Hey I see joints being smoked on Rap videos all the time I guess its legal. The mayor of a Canadian city was pictured smoking crack, well I guess its legal. Accept the truth. deal with it and move on is how I live my life. It takes the pain away from constantly having to rationlise everything.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by mcdon277: 10:24am On Jun 19, 2013
Paschal007: It makes no sense. I don't see the reason why anybody should be jailed for burning a piece of book.

well firstly the bible is not a piece of book. however burning the bible shouldn't warrant been jailed. because the man in question is retard and only tells our miss led he must have been living as a result of what he believes.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by sino(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2013
PBundles: dont feel like calling the embassy huh? Wouldnt that have been the easiets thing to do and prove me wrong?
Well i just finished speaking with a representative in Abuja KSA embassy, when i asked her if i could bring in my Bible to KSA, she replied(and these are her words, "definitely you can, why not?" then i further said i have been hearing confilicting report on that on which she told me to wait so as to confirm, she spoke to another person in arabic(which i overheard) and the person said "injeel, it's one of our books" she also told me same thing. I hope that has cleared the air?

PBundles:
To save us the back and forth all you have to do is call. Call the embassy and ask the very simple question like I did. I was told ITS AGAINST THE LAW TO BRING A BIBLE and then relay to us what you are told. Also from a legal standpoint if you tolerate something, NO you are not allowing it especially if there is a law about it. Ask any lawyer, if there is a law broken and authorties choose not to enforse ( hence tolerate) its doesnt mean the law doesnt exist, which is your point and i wrong.
Yes, i called i confirmed, it is tolerated, allowed, you can bring it in, it's not illegal!

PBundles:
I can truly understand your confusion, as many Muslims whom I work with also didnt know. They said the said thing, but I see Christians in KSA etc etc. Then I say the same thing just call the Embassy. Later I see them stating that they frankly didnt know. Im still surprised that a confessed Muslim as yourself doesnt know that the constitution of KSA is the Qur’an and the Sunma. Your asking me to provide a link Your Imam wouldnt be happy with you as you should know this as a fact. I challenge any muslim on this forum to prove otherwise. The link as I mentioned is unauthorised.

Ok you are afraid to call, lets do something else: Show me a citation or statement from any KSA official stating you are free to bring Bibles into KSA and that will settle it, ok. A statement ot link, not a film or link from an unauthorised person. YOU WONT FIND IT. IT DOESNT EXIST.
One thing i know for sure is that, if the saudi constitution is based on the Qur'an and sunnah, then you cannot find anywhere written which would prohibit the ahlu'l kitab from bringing in their scriptures or banning them from practicing their religion. From history of the prophet(SAW) he lived with christians and jews in medinah...Muslims are instructed to protect their house of worship even during war etc.

Allah (SWT) says, "let there be no compulsion in religion..."(Q2vs256)
Also He(SWT) says "...to you your religion and to me my religion"(Q109vs6).
So bra, i find it queer that you are insisting that the constitution of KSA is the Qur'an and Sunnah hence the ban on bringing in a bible.
PBundles:
On the French issue, correct me if Im wrong but they banned the veils NOT THE QURAN and by the way you still havent told us if any country bans it. Um but you also know that its banned in Turkey to wear such in banks right, even for Muslims. Ive been to Turkey for a period for my work. I dont agree with teh French banning, as I feel that everyone has the freedom to wear what they want, but since you rose the question, may my wife a non muslim wear what she wants in KSA or anyother muslim country: NO. Every muslim country has as its base Sharia and the women who are guests must abide by their rules and dress codes. This is from first hand information as I travel frequently with my wife. If one argeues that well these countries are Muslim, why the fuss when Christian counries say in these countries you must abide by our rules. Lets imagine for a second that Christian dominted countries all imposed a dress code and said to Muslim women, when here dont were anything on your head because we have as base the Bible, what would be your reaction. I have nothing against you or your religion, so lets get that straight, but is the hypocrisy that I have a hard time swallowing. You insisit that your rules are followed at your domains, OK, but when the other side wants to impose their wishes ( which are not that strict when you compared them to the what Muslim countries impose on non Muslims) you scream foul. I have long wondered, if you are unable to practice your religion in the way you see fit then why even think of going to these countries? Why go to France, the US, UK etc. everyone knows that the Middle East is richm why not simply go there? I ask this in respect and not to disrespect you in any way.

I said also that i am not sure of any Qur'an ban as well.
What is the hypocrisy there? KSA has rules and regulations, they say this is what they want and allow in their country if you can tolereate it then come, if you can't then look for some place else!
The hypocrisy i see here is the westerners and the french who claim freedom of this and that and then turn around to restrict the freedom of Islam. Homos are free to get married and adopt a child while a muslim woman cannot put on a veil or headscarf to work and in public places?! A woman can put on provocative cloths(mini skirts and tight blouse) to work while a muslimah cannot put on what she feels comfortable in to work?! If you can't see the hypocrisy in that then...

And FYI, the bible encourages the hijab and modest dressing...you are at liberty to go confirm

2 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 11:42am On Jun 19, 2013
Ok thanks for clearing that up. I do believe you so do would you mind giving me the name of whom you spoke to. I promise I will call an confirm. Thanks, awaiting the name. If you forgot or dont want to please tell me when exactlly you called and I will enquire whom you spoke to. Ok?? waiting bra.

sino:
Well i just finished speaking with a representative in Abuja KSA embassy, when i asked her if i could bring in my Bible to KSA, she replied(and these are her words, "definitely you can, why not?" then i further said i have been hearing confilicting report on that on which she told me to wait so as to confirm, she spoke to another person in arabic(which i overheard) and the person said "injeel, it's one of our books" she also told me same thing. I hope that has cleared the air?

Yes, i called i confirmed, it is tolerated, allowed, you can bring it in, it's not illegal!

One thing i know for sure is that, if the saudi constitution is based on the Qur'an and sunnah, then you cannot find anywhere written which would prohibit the ahlu'l kitab from bringing in their scriptures or banning them from practicing their religion. From history of the prophet(SAW) he lived with christians and jews in medinah...Muslims are instructed to protect their house of worship even during war etc.

Allah (SWT) says, "let there be no compulsion in religion..."(Q2vs256)
Also He(SWT) says "...to you your religion and to me my religion"(Q109vs6).
So bra, i find it queer that you are insisting that the constitution of KSA is the Qur'an and Sunnah hence the ban on bringing in a bible.

I said also that i am not sure of any Qur'an ban as well.
What is the hypocrisy there? KSA has rules and regulations, they say this is what they want and allow in their country if you can tolereate it then come, if you can't then look for some place else!
The hypocrisy i see here is the westerners and the french who claim freedom of this and that and then turn around to restrict the freedom of Islam. Homos are free to get married and adopt a child while a muslim woman cannot put on a veil or headscarf to work and in public places?! A woman can put on provocative cloths(mini skirts and tight blouse) to work while a muslimah cannot put on what she feels comfortable in to work?! If you can't see the hypocrisy in that then...

And FYI, the bible encourages the hijab and modest dressing...you are at liberty to go confirm
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by sino(m): 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
^ I didn't ask for a name, what do i want to do with her name...

This is the number, you can call too...+2347098221442, my call time was, 10.26am, 2mins 56secs
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
Called and spoke to a gentleman who refused to give his name. When I asked if I could bring my Bible, I wont lie, he did state that if it was my personal one in my luggage not in the public eye/view that it wouldnt be taken from me. I told him of the instance of my acquantince and that I had inquired here in the Netherlands and they confirmed that it would, of which he said that in the past it was very frequent but that doesnt happen much anymore at the airports and if its only one, and to be frank this inicident Im taking about was a couple or years ago, I think 2008ish. He did however confirm that other religions and gatherings were illegal and that its not allowed nor advised to congregate with the intent of fellowship or to convert. In fairness to him, he did add but if you are in your own home who will know, which I found funny.

sino: ^ I didn't ask for a name, what do i want to do with her name...

This is the number, you can call too...+2347098221442, my call time was, 10.26am, 2mins 56secs
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Dewze(m): 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
hikmoj: im afraid,4 such a filthy tin should come out of u.in case of moses story, dat one is found in christians'book we neva beliv in dat.all d messengers 4rm Allah hav grades & musa (moses)was among d highest grade.we didnt beliv he could descend so low 2 d extent of smashing d precious laws Allah gave him.may God 4giv u & everyone of us

Since you as a muslim thinks that the sexual part of a man created by the hands of God (Allah) is filthy then please change that term to 'head' so it will sound less filthy for your puritan leaning.

There are places in one of your authorised Islamic books where your Prophet Mohammed speaks of an everlasting stiff for those men that will make it to paradise. Do u call this filthy aswell? What with the double standard?
If the writters of this books diplayed that much maturity to ve included these statements it them, you should show same maturity bro. There is maturity in purity.

Are you saying the Quran denies the authenticity of the Genesis story aswell? If this is true, I am sincerely sorry for my ignorance on this.
Nevertheless, who and when could this story ve been fabricated. It has always been thesame story even before the coming of Mohammed. I do know he advised his followers to believe in the Torah. Pls, do shed more light on this bro.

Offcourse, the Quran will not allow you to believe and accept that the prophets of God were also human with human emotions. The bible teaches that as a fact and that as a consequence gives more honor to God and less to man.
The success of God does not rely on the perfection of the man he uses, rather it solely relies on His(God's) perfection and omnipotence (tht is wht the bible teaches). This is why the bible refused to hide the imperfections of all the men God used in the bible, from Moses through David to Peter, just to show u how powerful He is (all honor be unto God).
It is nothing but human nature in a man to look for perfections in whome he deals with because he is not sure of success by himself. God ll succeed with you regardless of your imperfections, this is wht makes Him God (this is what the bible teaches me).
So, Moses was a short tempered man, and God succeded with him regardless.

I did not mean to offend by my choice of words but I believe my points were clear.

God knows my heart better than you do bro.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by golpen(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
PBundles: If this is true, that other religions are to be respected, then WHY ARE BIBLES NOT ALLOWED IN CERTAIN ISLAMIC COUNTRIES (ie The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). I may be wrong but is there any country that bans the Quran?

This is the simple illustration. You would appoint a teacher, after series of interview, who you think will teach your students the right thing. I don't know about the bible ban in Saudi, but if that's the case, Saudi-arabia is an islamic state and even the unborn knows that, so not allowing the bible into their country is their choice as an ISLAMIC state.

On the other hand, France is a secular state, an HIJAB has been banned, homo marriages have been encouraged with other inhuman acts. What is your comment on that?
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Dewze(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
golpen:

This is the simple illustration. You would appoint a teacher, after series of interview, who you think will teach your students the right thing. I don't know about the bible ban in Saudi, but if that's the case, Saudi-arabia is an islamic state and even the unborn knows that, so not allowing the bible into their country is their choice as an ISLAMIC state.

On the other hand, France is a secular state, an HIJAB has been banned, homo marriages have been encouraged with other inhuman acts. What is your comment on that?

my own opinion is this.
If you choose to conveniently give excuse for KSA by asking others to accept the fact that it is an Islamic state, then it is fair tht you should also accept the fact that France is a secular state and shld not condemn their homosexuality laws.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Beckytosh: 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
sino:

In fact ehn, the concept of "thou shall not judge" in christianity is just beyond me. But Islam allows killing of people in d name of Allah as a quick way to enter heaven and be rewarded wit 70 virgins

Another example is a woman who is provocatively dressed, they tell you, christianity is in the heart, "thou shall not judge"... A woman who is dressed Islamically, they say, they are pretenders, they do a lot of bad things and they go on to give you their personal experiences...

To me, it's just one word; HYPOCRISY!

Instead of them to acknowledge the sentence as a welcome development and a deterent to others, they are here spewing rubbish.

We muslims hold in high esteem our Religion, we are advised to respect other people's beliefs and to deal with people justly.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by golpen(m): 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
Dewze:

my own opinion is this.
If you choose to conveniently give excuse for KSA by asking others to accept the fact that it is an Islamic state, then it is fair tht you should also accept the fact that France is a secular state and shld not condemn their homosexuality laws.

I am not condemning their homo laws because it is compatible with some religion aside with Islam, but I'll condemn it with my words because it is anti-Islamic. Anyway, encouragement or banning of homo acts is their choice as a country, benefiting some set of people or religions. The question is; Why should Muslims be prevented from wearing what is compatible with their own religion in a secular state of high democracy?
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
golpen:

[quote author=golpen]

Let me get this right, its ok for an Islamic state and not for a secular? Are you listening to what you are saying? Say it slowly so you dont misunderstand yourself. If a secular state wishes to impose restrictions on religions why cant they? You do know the meaning of secular right? Non religous, seperated from religion. Thank God that in western society one has the right to be as he chooses. In turn that means that others also have the right. But you see the word RIGHT is so difficult to understand in your world. You have no Rights or freedoms but only Restrictions and rules which you MUST abide by imposed on you. Im not gay but whats my business that someone chooses to live that way. I will answer to my maker for ME and ME ALONE. One question though, why not stay in a place where they respect your way of life instead of go to a place where they dont respect yours or youy feel they are not godly enough. The ME has many rich countries.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
But why would you want to live in a place where you feel you are not being respected or your rights not being protected? I have many Muslim friends, my best friend is Muslim. I always say look we are not in the Middle East, if the situation here bothers you, you dont have chains on your feet. You are free to go. But you know what Ive observed and I have even said this to my best friend as we are very open and have a close honest relationship were we can say anything to one another, you want the best of both worlds. If you didnt why even put foot on western soil.

golpen:

I am not condemning their homo laws because it is compatible with some religion aside with Islam, but I'll condemn it with my words because it is anti-Islamic. Anyway, encouragement or banning of homo acts is their choice as a country, benefiting some set of people or religions. The question is; Why should Muslims be prevented from wearing what is compatible with their own religion in a secular state of high democracy?
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Dewze(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
golpen:

I do sincerely appreciate your stance.

I do not know for sure why France has these laws but I personaly feel tht they are more a protectionism law than a discriminatory one. As a christian, If I had my way as a Government I will first of all ban the use of any christian symbol (be it the cross or what evr), before going to ban other religious symbols (charity they say begins at home). Christ never created the cross, the church did. I believe the use of any symbol or object in worship is pure idolatory.

N.B. The cross has also been banned in government offices and public places in France. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by golpen(m): 3:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
[quote author=PBundles][/quote]

I'm sure you went to look the word 'secular' up in the dictionary, forgetting the use of words sometimes go beyond the literary dictionary meanings.

Secularity in this sense meaning non-religious is a state formed NOT on religious basis, therefore several religion is allowed to be practised and according to the definition of democracy and fundamental human right, a man in such a place has a right to his religion. Nigeria for example is a secular state and what would be your reaction if churches are banned in Nigeria.

I think you should be the one to check your words very well before submitting it. If reading it slowly is what you do before understanding your own written words, then I'll guess you did not go through that routine on this.

If you ask muslims to stay away from france because you think they may feel not accepted, then are you definitely requesting muslim french go on EXILE?...

I think you need help!!!
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by golpen(m): 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
Dewze:

I do sincerely appreciate your stance.

I do not know for sure why France has these laws but I personaly feel tht they are more a protectionism law than a discriminatory one. As a christian, If I had my way as a Government I will first of all ban the use of any christian symbol (be it the cross or what evr), before going to ban other religious symbols (charity they say begins at home). Christ never created the cross, the church did. I believe the use of any symbol or object in worship is pure idolatory.

N.B. The cross has also been banned in government offices and public places in France. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know how to agree with you on your aspiration to ban religious symbols, because public opinion will also be a factor, but I'll appreciate the fact that you'll want to make a balance and fair judgement starting from your own part.

Banning the cross in GOVERNMENT offices I think is polite, because the country belongs to various types of people and religion, so attaching a particular religious symbol (be it islamic or not) is not a modest gesture. I don't know anything about that anyway.

I also won't agree it is protectionism, but if so it is, I think it has been painted protectionism but truly discriminative.. A true protectionism law should protect the interest of the muslims willing to wear the veil as it will protect the interest of the non-muslim not willing to wear.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
No I didnt look it up to be frank. I took a poli science/ethics class way back when to complete my minor credits during my undergrad in 95, but thats a different matter. Secular doesnt mean religons livig together as you put it but the fact that the state seperates religion and doesnt use it as its basis for governing, primarily to ensure that ppl are given the freedom to be free and NOT fall under any religous stipulations.

No one is asking you to be exiled as to be exiled would be for one to be bannished, but simply if you have issues with certain cultures or governments, whereas you have the freedom to live where they would be respected, the choice seems clear. The French govermnent as a government has a right to impose laws that they feel protect their views and culture just like KSA does. An old student chap of mine, who converted to Islam did just that. He didnt like the situation he was living in the UK and moved to Dubai where he is more than happy.

golpen:

I'm sure you went to look the word 'secular' up in the dictionary, forgetting the use of words sometimes go beyond the literary dictionary meanings.

Secularity in this sense meaning non-religious is a state formed NOT on religious basis, therefore several religion is allowed to be practised and according to the definition of democracy and fundamental human right, a man in such a place has a right to his religion. Nigeria for example is a secular state and what would be your reaction if churches are banned in Nigeria.

I think you should be the one to check your words very well before submitting it. If reading it slowly is what you do before understanding your own written words, then I'll guess you did not go through that routine on this.

If you ask muslims to stay away from france because you think they may feel not accepted, then are you definitely requesting muslim french go on EXILE?...

I think you need help!!!
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by ChristKid1: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
I dont think France banned the use of hijab. Hijab wearing muslims still wear it. What was banned was the Ninja looking attire that covers the whole face except the eyes. Besides they also banned Christians and other relìgious symbols too. Most people dont know this because Christians and others arent making any fuss about it.

2 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by golpen(m): 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
PBundles: No I didnt look it up to be frank. I took a poli science/ethics class way back when to complete my minor credits during my undergrad in 95, but thats a different matter. Secular doesnt mean religons livig together as you put it but the fact that the state seperates religion and doesnt use it as its basis for governing, primarily to ensure that ppl are given the freedom to be free and NOT fall under any religous stipulations.

No one is asking you to be exiled as to be exiled would be for one to be bannished, but simply if you have issues with certain cultures or governments, whereas you have the freedom to live where they would be respected, the choice seems clear. The French govermnent as a government has a right to impose laws that they feel protect their views and culture just like KSA does. An old student chap of mine, who converted to Islam did just that. He didnt like the situation he was living in the UK and moved to Dubai where he is more than happy.

What I mean is that because the french state is secular (not founded or governed on a religious basis), you'll agree with me that we have different people of different religions living together in negligible rations, unlike places like the vatican or an islamic state where you tend to have vivid ratio of some particular people religious wise to some very minute set of people practising the other religions. In that words, being free in a secular state, stretches to freedom of practising one's religion of choice. I would also condemn the act, if churches are banned or nuns are banned from walking on the streets, claiming it is protectionism. The 'freedom' as we put it has been denied some set of people, ragarding their religion.

But the question is; how do you ask a female citizen of france to leave her country of birth for another land unplanned, because she is denied to wear what comports with her religion?!! Isn't that EXILE?

1 Like

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
I guess the same way you would ask a christian born Saudi to get with the program or leave (or arent they also citizens), capiche. Probably not. Others must conform to your understanding, pray tell if you would try and conform to anothers. and that my friend is the problem that is being seen with Muslims and non muslims. I dont know how much you have travelled, but I have been around mainly due to my work and it true, travel is education. You see how the other side lives and you realize its not black and white but mainly grey.

The vatican is not a country though, an Islamic state is. In terms of Ratio do you know the percentage of Muslims living in Europe that were not born there or 2nd and 3rd generation? They make up the largest. If you remove that, if im not mistaken its not even 5%. when you factor the group I mentioned in its about 15%. So in your mind it would be better if these countries simply said we are Christian states so its not allowed, then you would see it as fair? No you wouldnt, then the compliant would be why switch from secular, not that that will ever happen as Europe has seen the turmoil of Religious Dominnace ( The Spanish Inquisition). Even the US have felt the brunt of religous dominnace in the 1800 (witch hunts) and will never allow that to happen again.

I have said that religion has been the biggest cause of wars and differences and as such remains the opium of the people. You want to see peopl fight and kill themselves, throw religion in the mix.

I love the scene in X when he goes to Mecca and proclaims, wow I saw white people there but all along thought that by hating the white man I was hating the devil. The western society you put down is the same one that has given you so much too.

golpen:

What I mean is that because the french state is secular (not founded or governed on a religious basis), you'll agree with me that we have different people of different religions living together in negligible rations, unlike places like the vatican or an islamic state where you tend to have vivid ratio of some particular people religious wise to some very minute set of people practising the other religions. In that words, being free in a secular state, stretches to freedom of practising one's religion of choice. I would also condemn the act, if churches are banned or nuns are banned from walking on the streets, claiming it is protectionism. The 'freedom' as we put it has been denied some set of people, ragarding their religion.

But the question is; how do you ask a female citizen of france to leave her country of birth for another land unplanned, because she is denied to wear what comports with her religion?!! Isn't that EXILE?

2 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by golpen(m): 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
PBundles: I guess the same way you would ask a christian born Saudi to get with the program or leave (or arent they also citizens), capiche. Probably not. Others must conform to your understanding, pray tell if you would try and conform to anothers. and that my friend is the problem that is being seen with Muslims and non muslims. I dont know how much you have travelled, but I have been around mainly due to my work and it true, travel is education. You see how the other side lives and you realize its not black and white but mainly grey.

The vatican is not a country though, an Islamic state is. In terms of Ratio do you know the percentage of Muslims living in Europe that were not born there or 2nd and 3rd generation? They make up the largest. If you remove that, if im not mistaken its not even 5%. when you factor the group I mentioned in its about 15%. So in your mind it would be better if these countries simply said we are Christian states so its not allowed, then you would see it as fair? No you wouldnt, then the compliant would be why switch from secular, not that that will ever happen as Europe has seen the turmoil of Religious Dominnace ( The Spanish Inquisition). Even the US have felt the brunt of religous dominnace in the 1800 (witch hunts) and will never allow that to happen again.

I have said that religion has been the biggest cause of wars and differences and as such remains the opium of the people. You want to see peopl fight and kill themselves, throw religion in the mix.

I love the scene in X when he goes to Mecca and proclaims, wow I saw white people there but all along thought that by hating the white man I was hating the devil. The western society you put down is the same one that has given you so much too.

Why would I ask a christian to leave the country of her birth?! Yes I'm aware the vatican is not a country, but it is the only christian religious society I know of. I don't think there's any christian country in the world, that is why I have used it as my case of study.

And yes I was aware of the RATIO when I talked about it, but the fact is that no matter how small this particular set are, since the society does not stand on a religious ground, they are allowed their own environment amidst every other of their entitlements. That is what makes the ratio negligible, compared to a society whereby you immediately feel odd no matter how many you are, once you are not of the religion the society has been founded. If the world should agree like I'll agree with you that religion, being seen as man's only way to reach his creator, continues to hold an important factor in humanity, then why is it not respected in the free state?, lke it won't be tampered with on the other side.

I really don't like to argue this over again. I'm a seafarer, so I've had a wide travel experience also.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 10:04am On Jun 20, 2013
I quote you: compared to a society whereby you immediately feel odd no matter how many you are, once you are not of the religion the society has been founded. so very true..... I think you have spoken for many non Muslims. For the good order I dont want you come away with any ill feelings and I dont want you to feel that Im trying to dis you im not. This is a free world and I beleive we have the right to beleive or NOT beleive in whatever we like. This holds true for Muslims, Non Muslims, Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Boedhist and the Atheist. The freedom I cherish should be granted to others in the like manner and form with no prejudice. We also have the right to agree to disagree and that is what I love about the western society.

golpen:

Why would I ask a christian to leave the country of her birth?! Yes I'm aware the vatican is not a country, but it is the only christian religious society I know of. I don't think there's any christian country in the world, that is why I have used it as my case of study.

And yes I was aware of the RATIO when I talked about it, but the fact is that no matter how small this particular set are, since the society does not stand on a religious ground, they are allowed their own environment amidst every other of their entitlements. That is what makes the ratio negligible, compared to a society whereby you immediately feel odd no matter how many you are, once you are not of the religion the society has been founded. If the world should agree like I'll agree with you that religion, being seen as man's only way to reach his creator, continues to hold an important factor in humanity, then why is it not respected in the free state?, lke it won't be tampered with on the other side.

I really don't like to argue this over again. I'm a seafarer, so I've had a wide travel experience also.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by haywire07(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2013
BetaThings:

You too go and try and burn "Because i am involved" or "There was a Country" in the South East, you will be needing a requiem mass!
And Ʊ αяє proud øƒ saying "because I am involved"..is †ђ3 judgement for Ʊ or for God.
Ʊ keep on killing U̶̲̥̅̊Я̩̥̊ fellow brother. Is that høw Ʊ αяє thought in †ђ3 Quran.
Let's not deceive ourselves , should Ʊ be d one fighting for God?
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by golpen(m): 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2013
PBundles: I quote you: compared to a society whereby you immediately feel odd no matter how many you are, once you are not of the religion the society has been founded. so very true..... I think you have spoken for many non Muslims. For the good order I dont want you come away with any ill feelings and I dont want you to feel that Im trying to dis you im not. This is a free world and I beleive we have the right to beleive or NOT beleive in whatever we like. This holds true for Muslims, Non Muslims, Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Boedhist and the Atheist. The freedom I cherish should be granted to others in the like manner and form with no prejudice. We also have the right to agree to disagree and that is what I love about the western society.

According to you, regarding the western world, "This is a free world and I beleive we have the right to beleive or NOT beleive in whatever we like." But verily, nobody is forcing anyone to believe. It's everyone's show.

" This holds true for Muslims, Non Muslims, Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Boedhist and the Atheist". Yes I agree.

"The freedom I cherish should be granted to others in the like manner and form with no prejudice. We also have the right to agree to disagree and that is what I love about the western society. " And here we are. If you sgall be standing by your words, you'll agree with me that denying some set of people of the practice of what they cherish and believe in as their religion, is something not too fair.

I'll condemn the act if it was happening to the non-muslims too. The holy prophet Muhammad (S A W) even after taking over the city of Mecca, still lived peacefully with the non-muslims, guided them and made them enjoy the equal civil rights entitled to the muslims. And that is how it has been everywhere where there's an Islamic system of government. Islam not getting the same treatment from the western world today is not to good for the whole humanity.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Dewze(m): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
golpen: ....made them enjoy the equal civil rights entitled to the muslims. And that is how it has been everywhere where there's an Islamic system of government.

seriously?
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by golpen(m): 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2013
Dewze:

seriously?

yes grin you may check Napolleon Hill's famous book, "think and grow rich", the last section of chapter 9 "the last great prophet" , for your confirmation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? / Position Of The Law On The Use Of Hijab/Veil In Public Institutions- O.G Chukkol / Lessons Learnt from the Hadith Of The Lost Necklace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.