Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,419 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years (16158 Views)

It’s A Sin For Muslims To Vote Non- Muslims –islamic Cleric / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric / Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by tbaba1234: 2:27am On Jun 17, 2013
CAIRO (Reuters) -A Cairo court sentenced an Egyptian Muslim preacher to 11 years in jail for blasphemy on Sunday for burning a Bible during a protest last year outside the U.S. embassy.

Convictions for insulting Islam are common in Egypt, ruled by Islamists after the overthrow of President Hosni Mubarak in 2011, but more rare for cases involving the minority Christian faith.

Ahmed Mohamed Mahmoud, known as Abu Islam, who runs his own religious television channel, led a demonstration in September against a U.S.-made anti-Islam video posted on the Internet.

His son was sentenced to eight years in jail for the same offence. Both will remain at liberty pending appeal.

source: http://news.yahoo.com/bible-burning-egyptian-cleric-jailed-11-years-165936742.html?utm_content=buffer604ae&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Buffer
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by bigt2(m): 3:30am On Jun 17, 2013
Im sorry this wont make the fp, but thats good for the islam extremists - Like father, like son!! Smfh!! sad angry

2 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by tbaba1234: 3:51am On Jun 17, 2013
^ So you do admit that pastor terry and the other dolts who decide to burn the quran are christian extremists.

The beauty of Islam is that we are not permitted to insult what other people worship. Unfortunately, muslims are not given that kind of courtesy by many non muslims.

Compared to quran burning incidents, this is a rarity because it is part of the islamic religion not to insult what other religions rever.

It also shows that muslims can punish their own when they cross the line with other faiths.

39 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by siddiq202(m): 10:40am On Jun 17, 2013
Chanchit:

Oh no. Can someone reason like this? smh
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by cleanvessel(m): 11:00am On Jun 17, 2013
It makes no sense burning the bible or quran. They only make more markets for the printers and sellers of the books. It is like when MKO Abiola was alleged to have sunk a whole ship-load of bible into the sea. Did that make bible unavailable in Nigeria? It is rubbish.

8 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by bigt2(m): 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
siddiq202:

yes, he just said my mind. And as u can see, 2 heads are better than one. tongue
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by bigt2(m): 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
cleanvessel: It makes no sense burning the bible or quran. They only make more markets for the printers and sellers of the books. It is like when MKO Abiola was alleged to have sunk a whole ship-load of bible into the sea. Did that make bible unavailable in Nigeria? It is rubbish.
who knows whether that made God tear his government apart like Nebucadnezzar's!! sad

12 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by cleanvessel(m): 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
big-t:

who knows whether that made God tear his government apart like Nebucadnezzar's!! sad

Yes o!
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Paschal007: 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
It makes no sense. I don't see the reason why anybody should be jailed for burning a piece of book.

3 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by BetaThings: 4:46am On Jun 18, 2013
siddiq202:

You always see the hypocrisy. If a christian is involved in an accident and a muslim rescues him, it is propaganda, if he did not, he is wicked
If this guy had not been jailed, it would have been intolerance
Who is the propagandist then? Of course, the one who boasts that his book says "thou shall not judge" but he spends his entire life determining what is in the mind of others

sojjy: @crackles,don't accuse men of God wrongly.Even if T.B is a fraud,you don't need to judge him as judgement only lies in God hands.I jst pity Yara'adua 4 wat Turai has turned him to.Power drunk turai.

2 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by sino(m): 7:54am On Jun 18, 2013
BetaThings:

You always see the hypocrisy. If a christian is involved in an accident and a muslim rescues him, it is propaganda, if he did not, he is wicked
If this guy had not been jailed, it would have been intolerance
Who is the propagandist then? Of course, the one who boasts that his book says "thou shall not judge" but he spends his entire life determining what is in the mind of others

In fact ehn, the concept of "thou shall not judge" in christianity is just beyond me.

Another example is a woman who is provocatively dressed, they tell you, christianity is in the heart, "thou shall not judge"... A woman who is dressed Islamically, they say, they are pretenders, they do a lot of bad things and they go on to give you their personal experiences...

To me, it's just one word; HYPOCRISY!

Instead of them to acknowledge the sentence as a welcome development and a deterent to others, they are here spewing rubbish.

We muslims hold in high esteem our Religion, we are advised to respect other people's beliefs and to deal with people justly.

11 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by loverboy3060: 9:44am On Jun 18, 2013
na so
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by momodub: 9:46am On Jun 18, 2013
scoreline 1:1
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by slimdiggi: 9:48am On Jun 18, 2013
*Drumroll*
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 9:48am On Jun 18, 2013
If this is true, that other religions are to be respected, then WHY ARE BIBLES NOT ALLOWED IN CERTAIN ISLAMIC COUNTRIES (ie The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). I may be wrong but is there any country that bans the Quran?

sino:

In fact ehn, the concept of "thou shall not judge" in christianity is just beyond me.

Another example is a woman who is provocatively dressed, they tell you, christianity is in the heart, "thou shall not judge"... A woman who is dressed Islamically, they say, they are pretenders, they do a lot of bad things and they go on to give you their personal experiences...

To me, it's just one word; HYPOCRISY!

Instead of them to acknowledge the sentence as a welcome development and a deterent to others, they are here spewing rubbish.

We muslims hold in high esteem our Religion, we are advised to respect other people's beliefs and to deal with people justly.

5 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by ayobase(m): 9:50am On Jun 18, 2013
It simply means that Christianity is having its way finally!

2 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by AbuMikey(m): 9:55am On Jun 18, 2013
To avoid being banned, please ensure that
your post is not offensive to any religion

I would rather not speak my mind!
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by eyenCalabar(m): 9:56am On Jun 18, 2013
Se se idiök inö grin
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by sexymoma(f): 9:58am On Jun 18, 2013
See as people they do strong bone on top wetin no hapin for Niger... For crying out loud it happened in Egypt. Imagine if the same thing hapin in Nigeria they wont even announce in their local media not to talk of people exchanging words about it..... Though it wrong for him to burn an Holy Book Either Bible or Quran but this shouldn't warrant people exchanging words na... Anyways i think Nigeria economy is frustrating lots of people so any one that comes their way is in trouble. grin
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Lakayanah: 9:59am On Jun 18, 2013
Paschal007: It makes no sense. I don't see the reason why anybody should be jailed for burning a piece of book.
Go and burn the Quran in kano and see if your mouth will have more speeches to make or anyone from your clan that lives there would be spared.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by gbadexy(m): 10:03am On Jun 18, 2013
I thought I heard it somewhere that either the Quran or bible won't burn when ignited.
On a serious note, people shouldn't do to others what they can't tolerate. Live and let live.
If it were to be a christian that burned a Quran, he would even be happy he got a prison sentence and won't wait to get inside to avoid being killed by fanatics and be sure several innocent people who knew nothing about it would have been in jeopardy.

4 Likes

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by deols(f): 10:05am On Jun 18, 2013
big-t:

You are not even sure he did it . smh
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by deols(f): 10:09am On Jun 18, 2013
ayobase: It simply means that Christianity is having its way finally!

It means that Muslims are practising Islam.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by mesther96(f): 10:13am On Jun 18, 2013
[quote
author=Paschal007]It makes no sense. I don't see the reason why anybody
should be jailed for burning a piece of book. [/quote] see mumusad
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by mesther96(f): 10:15am On Jun 18, 2013
deols:

It means that Muslims are practising Islam.
wat is dz one saying:|
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Lakayanah: 10:16am On Jun 18, 2013
This is I indeed a good development if we can start respecting our places of worship and our holy books and each other 9ja will be better and stronger. United we stand but divided anything can creep in. If we had been United hesbola would not have been able to come a turn a Nigerian against his fellow country man. For at the end of the day we are all suffering from the effect of the bokoharam it has visually brought business to an halt not only for the Muslims but for the Christians too so let's stand as one and fight our common enemies. Enough is enough.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by deols(f): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2013
when the same Muslim nation jails a non muslim for the same offence, I hope you will all see it as a part of their law and not criticise blindly.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by deols(f): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2013
m.esther96:
wat is dz one saying:|

what can't you understand?

1 Like

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Reachyrich(f): 10:21am On Jun 18, 2013
When a market was burnt in ibadan early last year d two holy books were seen unburnt.so burning of quran and bible is a big sin even he deserve to rot in jail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lessons Learnt from the Hadith Of The Lost Necklace / Understanding The Verse Of "Beating One's Wife" / Sheik Sama’ila Abbas Dakace Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.