Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,726 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years (16173 Views)

It’s A Sin For Muslims To Vote Non- Muslims –islamic Cleric / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric / Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by confusion247(m): 11:07am On Jun 18, 2013
tbaba1234: ^ So you do admit that pastor terry and the other dolts who decide to burn the quran are christian extremists.

The beauty of Islam is that we are not permitted to insult what other people worship. Unfortunately, muslims are not given that kind of courtesy by many non muslims.

Compared to quran burning incidents, this is a rarity because it is part of the islamic religion not to insult what other religions rever.

It also shows that muslims can punish their own when they cross the line with other faiths.

You are not permitted to insult other people's belief but you are permitted to kill the infidels, burn and bomb their places of worship, declare jihad on them if they ever retaliate. It should have been better you people insult them and spare their lives.

1 Like

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Bambela(m): 11:11am On Jun 18, 2013
sino:

We muslims hold in high esteem our Religion, we are advised to respect other people's beliefs and to deal with people justly.
You have said it all because this purported advice must from Mallam who always read and interpret rubbish to you all. Islam claimed to be religion of peace and anything peace has not comeout from it nor from the followers. Hold your self abeg! Yes thou shall not judge; it is a biblical injunction wheather you like it or not or you practice. They were convicted on wrong precedence because the Almighty God we serve fight for Himself. If you like burn bible in the church it doesnt make sence for a believer ok.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2013
PBundles: Atleast we are back to being cordial and Im no longer a BLOODY CHRISTIAN, so we have gotten somewhere. I never said that one religion is better than the other. On the contrary I believe that religion has been the center peace of most wars and conflicts. My point is simple, what it is it is, but dont make it better looking then it is. The fact is Bibles are banned in most islamic countries, do I get points or awards for it NO. Just say dude you are right , wish it wasnt that way but it is, I didnt make the rules. But tell me Im seeing Blue when I see Red.

Chop knuckle joor..no vex say I was offensive..I feel bad when Islam is being portrayed in a bad light or when Muslims r likened to lucifer,it's unfair..just cos Alameisgha and a few Nigerian politicians r corrupt doesn't mean all Nigerians are or say cos Dame doesn't know how to construct a simple sentence in English or conduct herself well in public doesn't mean all Nigerian ladies are ill mannered too..no vex my brother..Oya,hug me....lets over this topic
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 11:20am On Jun 18, 2013
OJA I DON HUG YOU NOW. Listen my best friend of 25 years is Muslim. I have NO ISSUES with ISLAM. When I talk to him Im very direct on what I see as good and what I see as bad. He does the same. We know we are not trying to hurt each other. I also feel bad for him when I see the negative things that are said of muslims, because I know this guy and I have NEVER SEEN HIM GET ANGRY. Even when Oyinbos here say things offensive about islam, he will laugh and Im usually the one that gets hot tempered. So bro no offense given nor taken. May you always be blessed and may saddness never know your residence (Amen, Ishalla).

sanniemoe:

Chop knuckle joor..no vex say I was offensive..I feel bad when Islam is being portrayed in a bad light or when Muslims r likened to lucifer,it's unfair..just cos Alameisgha and a few Nigerian politicians r corrupt doesn't mean all Nigerians are or say cos Dame doesn't know how to construct a simple sentence in English or conduct herself well in public doesn't mean all Nigerian ladies are ill mannered too..no vex my brother..Oya,hug me....lets over this topic

1 Like

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Nyksbry(m): 11:28am On Jun 18, 2013
Paschal007: It makes no sense. I don't see the reason why anybody should be jailed for burning a piece of book.
it has to make sense to u cos over 70% global crises is religiously connectd.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Nyksbry(m): 11:30am On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=Paschal007]It makes no sense. I don't see the reason why anybody should be jailed for burning a piece of book. it shuld make sense to u cos over 70% global crises is religiously connectd.

1 Like

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Nyksbry(m): 11:31am On Jun 18, 2013
It makes no sense. I don't see the reason why anybody should be jailed for burning a piece of book. it shuld make sense to u cos over 70% global crises is religiously connectd.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Raymonbell(m): 11:33am On Jun 18, 2013
PBundles: If this is true, that other religions are to be respected, then WHY ARE BIBLES NOT ALLOWED IN CERTAIN ISLAMIC COUNTRIES (ie The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). I may be wrong but is there any country that bans the Quran?

give us your source(because there are records of Christian living in Saudi Arabia till today)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Saudi_Arabia
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 11:42am On Jun 18, 2013
My sources are the same you would have. You can contact the KSA embassy, but since you asked....Freedom of religion is neither recognized nor protected under the law and is severely restricted in practice. According to the 1992 Basic Law, Sunni Islam is the official religion and the country’s constitution is the Qur’an and the Sunna (traditions and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad).

Raymonbell:

give us your source(because there are records of Christian living in Saudi Arabia till today)
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Bambela(m): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2013
Did I hear you well? Who portray Islam in a bad light? Majority of you sink in this problem. The facts speaks for itself brother ok; the action of Islam and its followers has become worrisome that no right thinking man will ever live or stay in a place dominated by Islam and its followers. Check all Northern parts of the world I said the World that were dominated by Islam and its followers to wheather there is peace in these areas. Islam doesnt waste time in telling abt its activities.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Saintp(m): 11:44am On Jun 18, 2013
This is trash as far as i'm concerned. Until we see religion as between you and God, we wont make headway. i'm sure more people will be burning bibles even if it means going to jail just to prove a point.

Free the man joor. Anyone who wants to burn the bible should burn as long as he didnt collect another person's own.he can go to the market, buy one and burn it. Let God fight for himself and punish him accordingly.

I know the muslim world want to show us the respect other people's religion but this is trash. Its nt my business if a bible is burnt or nt, i know christians dont give a damn.

1 Like

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 18, 2013
This is a typical scene of what high rate of unemployment/joblessness is all abt. Coming to a social network by dis time (11:38am) and see young souls busy here doing nothing than finger.ing thier phones/pcs typing unimportant/useless comments show that the economy is jerking and the govt is not helping matters. On an obvious scene, which gainfully employed souls would be here typing irrelevant comments when they've a lot on thier desks to deliver b4 4pm? Na joblessness dey cause am and to help keep the jobless souls busy, thus the emancipation of this forum. Gainfully employed folks only come here at night and chat. This is the result of high rate of unemployment. NA GOVERNMENT CAUSE AM!!!

1 Like

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by PBundles(m): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2013
So I take it your not employed grin. As for me I cant look at Bloomberg all day and I WISH I would be here till 4pm. Thats cushy, more like 8pm for me most of the time.

RedBenson: This is a typical scene of what high rate of unemployment/joblessness is all abt. Coming to a social network by dis time (11:38am) and see young souls busy here doing nothing than finger.ing thier phones/pcs typing unimportant/useless comments show that the economy is jerking and the govt is not helping matters. On an obvious scene, which gainfully employed souls would be here typing irrelevant comments when they've a lot on thier desks to deliver b4 4pm? Na joblessness dey cause am and to help keep the jobless souls busy, thus the emancipation of this forum. Gainfully employed folks only come here at night and chat. This is the result of high rate of unemployment. NA GOVERNMENT CAUSE AM!!!

1 Like

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Sholly121: 11:57am On Jun 18, 2013
deols:

what can't you understand?
God! Cant shout
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by eddyhaze(m): 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
sino:
, we are advised to respect other people's beliefs and to deal with people justly.
I don't think u mean in nigeria..
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Policewoman(f): 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
tbaba1234: CAIRO (Reuters) -A Cairo court sentenced an Egyptian Muslim preacher to 11 years in jail for blasphemy on Sunday for burning a Bible during a protest last year outside the U.S. embassy.

Convictions for insulting Islam are common in Egypt, ruled by Islamists after the overthrow of President Hosni Mubarak in 2011, but more rare for cases involving the minority Christian faith.

Ahmed Mohamed Mahmoud, known as Abu Islam, who runs his own religious television channel, led a demonstration in September against a U.S.-made anti-Islam video posted on the Internet.

His son was sentenced to eight years in jail for the same offence. Both will remain at liberty pending appeal.

source: http://news.yahoo.com/bible-burning-egyptian-cleric-jailed-11-years-165936742.html?utm_content=buffer604ae&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Buffer
I'm sure he would have been beheaded if na Koran he burn. Anyways, kudos to the Egyptian courts for being sincere.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Bambela(m): 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
Free the man joor. Anyone who wants to burn the bible should burn as long as he didnt collect another person's own.he can go to the market, buy one and burn it. Let God fight for himself and punish him accordingly.

I know the muslim world want to show us the respect other people's religion but this is trash. Its nt my business if a bible is burnt or nt, i know christians dont give a damn.[/quote] Brother help me tell the teachers of the law and pharisees who can only do things to appeal human mind. Who cares wheather Bible was burnt or not? It is purely God's judgement not human. That concern poeple like them that always fight for Mohammed. Mtcheeewwww
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Dewze(m): 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2013
The word of God is not a book. Christianity is not a book. Christianity is the understanding of the word and the doing of the word.
Any christian that supports the verdict is a mere religious christian of the world and not a christian of the 'word'.
Do not taint your spirituality with the ways and sentiments of the world.
They ll ve their time, but God ll ve His way.

1 Like

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Adek15(m): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
Go and do ur home work very wel. There's no place in d world where bible is nt allowed.. Infact there are christians in saudi than in d usa
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by jmoore(m): 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
Death penalty for burning a koran and jail sentence for burning the bible. smh

As christians, they should free the cleric. It does not offend christianity if the bible is burnt.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by igbeke: 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
tbaba1234: ^ So you do admit that pastor terry and the other dolts who decide to burn the quran are christian extremists.

The beauty of Islam is that we are not permitted to insult what other people worship. Unfortunately, muslims are not given that kind of courtesy by many non muslims.

Compared to quran burning incidents, this is a rarity because it is part of the islamic religion not to insult what other religions rever.

It also shows that muslims can punish their own when they cross the line with other faiths.

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by igbeke: 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2013
Adek15: Go and do ur home work very wel. There's no place in d world where bible is nt allowed.. Infact there are christians in saudi than in d usa
ur mind shud tel u dat u just lied
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by ajufinz(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2013

Source please!
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by HezronLorraine(m): 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2013
Abu Mikey: To avoid being banned, please ensure that
your post is not offensive to any religion

I would rather not speak my mind!
same here oh.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
RedBenson: This is a typical scene of what high rate of unemployment/joblessness is all abt. Coming to a social network by dis time (11:38am) and see young souls busy here doing nothing than finger.ing thier phones/pcs typing unimportant/useless comments show that the economy is jerking and the govt is not helping matters. On an obvious scene, which gainfully employed souls would be here typing irrelevant comments when they've a lot on thier desks to deliver b4 4pm? Na joblessness dey cause am and to help keep the jobless souls busy, thus the emancipation of this forum. Gainfully employed folks only come here at night and chat. This is the result of high rate of unemployment. NA GOVERNMENT CAUSE AM!!!

I Would employ U and ur entire family if chanced..u think its every body that relies on d government to make a living..U ARE MADDENING

1 Like

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2013
m.esther96:
wat is dz one saying:|
Don't mind her...
Muslims are practising islam,yet no other religion is allowed in Saudi!
Muslim r practising islam,yet they don't tolerate other pple religion!
Muslims r practising islam,yet u ban ppl for saying d truth!
Muslim r practising islam,yet u put "make sure ur post is nt offensive to avoid been banned" to scare people away!
Muslim are practising islam yet u hid ppl's post!
I dnt even knw what to say again...indeed they r practising islam!

1 Like

Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Dewze(m): 12:53pm On Jun 18, 2013

I would ve taken you seriously if you had been sensible enough to wait till night before making your comment.

Though what u said is partly true, but take note, not evry body is and shld be a 9 to 5er.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by sino(m): 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
PBundles: This is interesting but Im sorry to burst your bubble, but its illegal in KSA. I would rather you quote the KSA government and not an unauthrised website and YT film.Freedom of religion is neither recognized nor protected under the law and is severely restricted in practice. According to the 1992 Basic Law, Sunni Islam is the official religion and the country’s constitution is the Qur’an and the Sunna (traditions and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad). Just because something is tolerated doesnt mean its allowed. Im talking from first hand experience. A co-workers BIBLE was taken AT THE AIRPORT. HE IS AMERICAN. Later one of the airport guys snook it back to him but told him to hide it. WHEN ASKED WHY HE WAS TOLD, THOUGH IT RARELY HAPPENS TO AMERICANS YOU CAN BE ARRESTED AS ITS AGAINST THE LAW. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME PLEASE ANYONE CALL THE EMBASSY AND SIMPLY ASK IT AGAINST THE LAW TO OWN A BIBLE OR PRACTISE CHRISTIANITY IN KSA. Its not my words, its SAUIDI LAW and Im really surprised that muslims don know this.

On the Military BASE, you are correct BUT THATS BECAUSE THE SOLDIERS THAT FLY IN ARE NOT CONTROLLED BY SAUDI OFFCIALS AND THE BASE IS SEEN AS AN EXTENSION OF THE USA. It has the same international powers and protection as an embassy. Embassies are protested by international law. You are not allowed to enter or check diplomatic officers and their residence.

[b]This is interesting but Im sorry to burst your bubble, but its illegal in KSA. I would rather you quote the KSA government and not an unauthrised website and YT film. Freedom of religion is neither recognized nor protected under the law and is severely restricted in practice. According to the 1992 Basic Law, Sunni Islam is the official religion and the country’s constitution is the Qur’an and the Sunna (traditions and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad). Just because something is tolerated doesnt mean its allowed. Im talking from first hand experience. A co-workers BIBLE was taken AT THE AIRPORT. HE IS AMERICAN. Later one of the airport guys snook it back to him but told him to hide it. WHEN ASKED WHY HE WAS TOLD, THOUGH IT RARELY HAPPENS TO AMERICANS YOU CAN BE ARRESTED AS ITS AGAINST THE LAW. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME PLEASE ANYONE CALL THE EMBASSY AND SIMPLY ASK IT AGAINST THE LAW TO OWN A BIBLE OR PRACTISE CHRISTIANITY IN KSA. Its not me words, its SAUIDI LAW and Im really surprised that muslims don know this.

See, you are also confirming what was written in the link i posted, how do you expect me to believe what you are saying about your american friend and his bible? Did you not see proof of a bible in KSA being held by sheikh Ahmed Deedat? Now that everything as gone electronic, will the saudi government start checking smartphones and laptops for Bible?

Yes, KSA is a Muslim country, and an independent country that can choose which laws to govern the country. What you quoted did not in any way proof that bible are forbidden in KSA, please you can provide something better else it's a big fat lie that bible is banned in KSA.
Freedom of religion, are the foreign non-muslims forced to become Muslims or prevented from praying in their houses? You should know that KSA is the home of Islam and must maintain that identity. At least, other Muslim countries do allow christians to build their place of worship.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
Obviously we are still in the age where religion holds man captive. The Bible is only a piece of book.
Re: Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years by mclaw007: 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
Serves him right!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Position Of The Law On The Use Of Hijab/Veil In Public Institutions- O.G Chukkol / Lessons Learnt from the Hadith Of The Lost Necklace / Understanding The Verse Of "Beating One's Wife"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.