Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,263 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic (8017 Views)

Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order / Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists / ISIS Supreme Leader's Wife, Son Captured And Detained In Lebanon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by bykes(m): 11:52am On Jun 17, 2013
Al Jazeera demands the immediate release of its team currently held by Niger authorities in the town of Zinder.

Al Jazeera's correspondent Yvonne Ndege, camera operator Romuald Luyindula, producer Mohammed Abubakar and driver Rabiu Abdullahi have been held for the past three days despite repeated assurances of their release at the highest level of government, the network said on Monday.

They are not currently charged with any crime, yet remain detained in harsh conditions without any further information regarding their release.

http://m.aljazeera.com/story/201361782757659187

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
bykes: Al Jazeera demands the immediate release of its team currently held by Niger authorities in the town of Zinder.

Al Jazeera's correspondent Yvonne Ndege, camera operator Romuald Luyindula, producer Mohammed Abubakar and driver Rabiu Abdullahi have been held for the past three days despite repeated assurances of their release at the highest level of government, the network said on Monday.

They are not currently charged with any crime, yet remain detained in harsh conditions without any further information regarding their release.

source?
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by ebucha: 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
http://www.aljazeera.com/pressoffice/2013/06/201361782757659187.html possibly they were being detained for falsely reporting that 2000 NigerIANS fled to Niger Republic during the offensive against boko haram, when the people were actually NigerIENS.

3 Likes

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by BigBlackDick: 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
Good for them... dos ppl need to learn

8 Likes

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by ebucha: 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
Always looking for ways to paint us bad. Them think say Niger Republic na Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
ebucha: http://www.aljazeera.com/pressoffice/2013/06/201361782757659187.html possibly they were being detained for falsely reporting that 2000 NigerIANS fled to Niger Republic during the offensive against boko haram, when the people were actually NigerIENS.
the only reason I'm happy is because yvonne ndege is amongst them grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
Good for them. Those anti christianity and anti western culture vultures.

Always reporting one sided stories.

2 Likes

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by HAH: 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Detaining them will only make them more popular moreover what is wrong in reporting a refugee crises.

For those saying that Aljazeera is one sided didn't you hail their bravery while reporting the Niger Delta crises meeting with the militants, all of a sudden they are villain because they are reporting a crises in the north.

Shame on their abductors

3 Likes

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by vizboy(m): 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
abeg is it the Nigeria soldiers that are holding them or niger soldiers
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
vizboy: abeg is it the Nigeria soldiers that are holding them or niger soldiers
who controls west Africa? Aljazeera thought they could get away with that fake video they made, so they went to Niger thinking they'd be able to do all their reporting on the SOE hence her proximity to Nigeria.. I opened a thread about this issue .. I knew the NA would detain them... Saw this coming

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
HAH: Detaining them will only make them more popular moreover what is wrong in reporting a refugee crises.

For those saying that Aljazeera is one sided didn't you hail their bravery while reporting the Niger Delta crises meeting with the militants, all of a sudden they are villain because they are reporting a crises in the north.

Shame on their abductors
they've lost viewers and their credibility with that fake video they released

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by stonemind(f): 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
ohyeeeeeeeees i'v made the front page hehehehe.. happy monday to you all.............
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Verbes001: 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
The Government will release them after confirming they are not spies.
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Dagoma: 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
Good for them cause they will be more popular and important.
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by fitzmayowa: 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
stone-mind:
ohyeeeeeeeees i'v made the front page hehehehe.. happy monday to you all.............

Another yaba left escapee grin

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by OdionOdion: 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
HAH: Detaining them will only make them more popular moreover what is wrong in reporting a refugee crises.

Shame on their abductors
But their abductors are Niger "at the top" of Notherners and not the Niger Deltans below-i sympathise with u
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by everyday: 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
The story is incomplete.Something must have gone wrong before those news guys were arrested.Please elaborate more on your story.Or were they arrested for doing nothing?

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Aksonman: 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
One of the Nigerien Aboki soldiers should please do me a favour and fvck Yvonne Ndege in her yansh hole.

2 Likes

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by TheKingsQueen: 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
It serves that Yvonne Ndege right! That busy body woman that thinks she can paint the Nigerian Army black. Biased and sentimental boko haram sympathizers.

The team was initially detained at around 9.00 (GMT) on Saturday, questioned, and asked to hand over the material from a story they were filming about refugees, the network said.

Who knows if they we retrying to film poor Nigeriens and forge a story that they were Nigerians who fled to Niger due to the state of emergency. God catch them.

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by SEYIKP(m): 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
WHO CARES, IN AS MUCH THEY ARE NOT CHANNELS/NTA REPORTERS, BUT I LIKE THAT GIRL CALLED YVONNE NDEGE SHE IS TENACIOUS/OFFICIOUS
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
Akson man: One of the Nigerien Aboki soldiers should please do me a favour and fvck Yvonne Ndege in her yansh hole.
I'd prefer a battalion lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by barroymails: 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
Good for the evil people.

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
SEYI_KP: WHO CARES, IN AS MUCH THEY ARE NOT CHANNELS/NTA REPORTERS, BUT I LIKE THAT GIRL CALLED YVONNE NDEGE SHE IS TENACIOUS/OFFICIOUS
Bros I go slap you o

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by olapluto(m): 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
Charged with espionage. I would not put it beyond Yvonne Ndege. The last video she made about interviewing a soldier was a propaganda and she should have been reprimanded then. Her cups are full now.

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
Nigerians and their typical reasoning.....

Why would you say it serves them right? I think we should condemn all forms of illegal detentions.

Irrespective of what she reports, the best way of fighting back false reporting is counter reporting....

If Nigerians and Nigeriens think her report is biased and one-sided, what they should do is take their national broadcasters to the scene and tell us their own version of events.

2 Likes

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
obo_man: Nigerians and their typical reasoning.....

Why would you say it serves them right? I think we should condemn all forms of illegal detentions.

Irrespective of what she reports, the best way of fighting back false reporting is counter reporting.. ..

If Nigerians and Nigeriens think her report is biased and one-sided, what they should do is take their national broadcasters to the scene and tell us their own version of events.

Counter reporting to the world? Pls elaborate
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
Good for that Yvonne Ngede woman. Always lying and spreading falsehood from country to country. She has finally met her waterloo I hope she spends atleast a few month in a Nigerien jail.

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nasri100(m): 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
vizboy: abeg is it the Nigeria soldiers that are holding them or niger soldiers

chaii

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Handsomeemmy(m): 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2013

Shame on their abductors
They were not adopted but detained by the authority.
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by saintade01(m): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
obo_man: Nigerians and their typical reasoning.....

Irrespective of what she reports, the best way of fighting back false reporting is counter reporting....

Counter reporting my foot. Is dat wat u learn in ur 4yrs of MassComm?

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by tconfi: 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
they should be released!
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Richy4(m): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
ALjazeera is one network that has crew members all over the world but you will never see their crew member in Qatar. because the owner is from there. you can never hear any bad thing happening in that country. but every country has one or two gossips called reporters. waiting to pull down a nation. undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iran And Israel: Comparing Military Machines / We May Need Iridium To Survive The Intense Heat Of 2012 / 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.