Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband (1090 Views)

Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag / 8 Year Old Girl Divorces Husband After Four Years Of Marriage / Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by zarazara: 12:39am On May 09, 2008
A YEMENI court has granted a divorce to an eight-year-old girl whose unemployed father forced her into an arranged marriage.

"I am happy that I am divorced now. I will be able to go back to school,'' Nojud Mohammed Ali said, after a public hearing in Sanaa's court of first instance.

Read the full article at: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23548125-5006003,00.html

At least this proves that there's hope for all those women and child brides forced into a marriage they don't want,
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by sheniqua: 12:44am On May 09, 2008
Nojud was a second grader in primary school when the marriage took place two and a half months ago.
"They asked me to sign the marriage contract and remain in my father's house until I was 18.

"But a week after signing, my father and my mother forced me to go live with him.''

Nojud's father, Mohammad Ali Al-Ahdal, said he had felt obliged to marry off his daughter, an act he said she consented to.

Her father needs to be castrated.In his mind this must be halal.
Poor girl has lost her innocence to a 28 year old monster.
what a wicked world to little girls.
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by spoilt(f): 3:07am On May 09, 2008
at 8 i was still playing with sand. grin
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by bunmii(f): 6:51am On May 09, 2008
this really upsets me even doe it is not my business
both the family of the girl that supported the union and the yeye peadophile husband should be thrown to jail.
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by wendymanda: 6:57am On May 09, 2008
While the father wins the award for honorary idiot the nasty 28 year old agboro that could not find himself some girl closer to his age.

Anyhow I am done with

F **k
I
N ever
A ctually
L earned
S h*t
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by ololade34(f): 10:20am On May 09, 2008
Her former husband, 28-year-old Faez Ali Thameur, said he married the child "with her consent and that of her parents'' but that he did not object to her divorce petition.

In response to a question from Judge The Great Prophet al-Qadhi, he acknowledged that the marriage was consummated, but I did not beat her.

angry  angry
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by mazaje(m): 10:39am On May 09, 2008
Her former husband, 28-year-old Faez Ali Thameur, said he married the child "with her consent and that of her parents'' but that he did not object to her divorce petition.

In response to a question from Judge The Great Prophet al-Qadhi, he acknowledged that the marriage was consummated, but I did not beat her.

What's happening here? shocked shocked shocked hmmmm i no fit shout again.
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by Ezinwannem: 6:01pm On May 09, 2008
na wah ooooooooo tongue
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by wendymanda: 7:03pm On May 09, 2008
The dumb bastard only wanted to have sex with an 8 yr old. I bet you he would have objected to marriage if they had not consumated it.
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by TheSly: 7:05pm On May 09, 2008
Dammit i thought it was 80? shocked
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 09, 2008
This world is sick cry
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 09, 2008
at 8 years even d husband sef,wat was he touching sef in her body?d babe will still be flat chested now undecided
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by squirrel20(f): 10:58pm On May 09, 2008
THIS IS SAD.
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY.
AT 8, I WAS STILL DADDY'S GIRL.
Re: Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband by coolier(f): 8:34am On May 10, 2008
Smart girl!

(1) (Reply)

Kids’ Embarassing Questions / What To Do To A A Husband That Purnishes His Immediate Family / Man Flees From Home After Wife Gives Birth To Quadruplets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.