Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria (22915 Views)

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by bonna4u(m): 11:33am On Jun 19, 2013
dolphinife:

Is like u dnt understand what transpired between osaze, NFF and keshi. Two weeks before the Nations cup, osaze has bid his coach, his teammates and other people at west brom goodbye dat he's going to represent his country. Infact, he granted an interview with BBC where he stated clearly that he love Nigeria and he's glad that he would be representing Nigeria at d tournament.

Before you know it, osaze who has been a regular starter for nigeria, wasn't listed in the final list to play the nations cup neither was he called by mobile phone as to explain the reasons why he wouldn't be taken along. Infact, he heard his omission from the internet. If you were the player, wouldn't you have curse Keshi and NFF?
Moreso, he made us to believe that there is massive corruption going on in the NFF cos the kits and the equipment they use to train are substandard. Infact, he made us to realise that at times, he use to pay for his ticket back to his club. He also said the jersey they always use for training have always been used ones. This is the man who took the goon by the horn when the useless Joseph Yobo couldn't speak on behalf of the team.
How many matches does Mikel obi played for Nigeria during the african cup qualifiers, yet, he was taken along. Infact, to the best of my knowledge, lagerbark who took us to the world cup was the most useless coach I've seen. He benched the likes of osaze for no reason and dats why we left without making an impact. To me, osaze should be offered an apology for disgracing him publicly when he has made up his mind to play for nigeria and his hope was dashed
it is either the first paragraph of your explanation doesn't add up or Osaze is just plain loquatious/full of himself. Do you want to tell me Keshi didn't release the list of players for the afcon 2weeks before the tournament? According to you, he started wishing farewell to his team mates before the coach released his final list.
From the look of things you don't have any news. Keshi said he dropped Osaze from the afcon contigent because he Osaze demanded to be named captain and I haven't heard Osaze denying it.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Anvaller: 11:38am On Jun 19, 2013
dolphinife:

Is like u dnt understand what transpired between osaze, NFF and keshi. Two weeks before the Nations cup, osaze has bid his coach, his teammates and other people at west brom goodbye dat he's going to represent his country. Infact, he granted an interview with BBC where he stated clearly that he love Nigeria and he's glad that he would be representing Nigeria at d tournament.

Before you know it, osaze who has been a regular starter for nigeria, wasn't listed in the final list to play the nations cup neither was he called by mobile phone as to explain the reasons why he wouldn't be taken along. Infact, he heard his omission from the internet. If you were the player, wouldn't you have curse Keshi and NFF?
Moreso, he made us to believe that there is massive corruption going on in the NFF cos the kits and the equipment they use to train are substandard. Infact, he made us to realise that at times, he use to pay for his ticket back to his club. He also said the jersey they always use for training have always been used ones. This is the man who took the goon by the horn when the useless Joseph Yobo couldn't speak on behalf of the team.
How many matches does Mikel obi played for Nigeria during the african cup qualifiers, yet, he was taken along. Infact, to the best of my knowledge, lagerbark who took us to the world cup was the most useless coach I've seen. He benched the likes of osaze for no reason and dats why we left without making an impact. To me, osaze should be offered an apology for disgracing him publicly when he has made up his mind to play for nigeria and his hope was dashed

U are not telling the truth. The way u narrated ur story looks very much like u learnt ur own side of the story via rumours but not fact. Osaze started the drama all by himself. When Keshi was appointed coach, he was reaching out to all players he intends to include in his team and reached out to Osaze. Osaze told him that he was not interested in eagles anymore and he explains his reasons... The main reasons he gave was the NFF's corruption and poor management of the players plus politics with football. We all know that he was on point and he was telling the truth. Keshi implored him but he refused. At that point he was playing hard to get not knowing that it would back fire.

Keshi gathered new boys and the eagles started looking like they don't need Osaze. They started playing qualifiers without him and he later after realizing that he seems that he was looking unneeded, he reached out to keshi and said he wanted to play on one condition that he should be made the captain. Keshi told him that he wasn't going to accept him based on preconditions as he did not accept any player in camp based on any. ( Remember that it was Osaze himself who told Keshi that he wasn't interested in Eagles anymore in the 1st place ) Nations cup was close and for moral reasons, Keshi could not even bring him in anymore because u don't bring him to camp and give him jersey at the expense of guys that fought tooth and nail for Eagles, if he wanted to be part of the team, he should have worked his way in from the beginning otherwise the other players will feel shortchanged and it will affect their commitment. If he had any issues with former coaches, he shouldn't have carried it over to Keshi cos Keshi was then a new coach, he should have started a new affair with Keshi and see how Keshi will relate with him 1st before complaining about anything. So its all Osaze's fault.

5 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by bonna4u(m): 11:45am On Jun 19, 2013
Anvaller:

U are not telling the truth. The way u narrated ur story looks very much like u learnt ur own side of the story via rumours but not fact. Osaze started the drama all by himself. When Keshi was appointed coach, he was reaching out to all players he intends to include in his team and reached out to Osaze. Osaze told him that he was not interested in eagles anymore and he explains his reasons... The main reasons he gave was the NFF's corruption and poor management of the players plus politics with football. We all know that he was on point and he was telling the truth. Keshi implored him but he refused. At that point he was playing hard to get not knowing that it would back fire.

Keshi gathered new boys and the eagles started looking like they don't need Osaze. They started playing qualifiers without him and he later after realizing that he seems that he was looking unneeded, he reached out to keshi and said he wanted to play on one condition that he should be made the captain. Keshi told him that he wasn't going to accept him based on preconditions as he did not accept any player in camp based on any. ( Remember that it was Osaze himself who told Keshi that he wasn't interested in Eagles anymore in the 1st place ) Nations cup was close and for moral reasons, Keshi could not even bring him in anymore because u don't bring him to camp and give him jersey at the expense of guys that fought tooth and nail for Eagles, if he wanted to be part of the team, he should have worked his way in from the beginning otherwise the other players will feel shortchanged and it will affect their commitment. If he had any issues with former coaches, he shouldn't have carried it over to Keshi cos Keshi was then a new coach, he should have started a new affair with Keshi and see how Keshi will relate with him 1st before complaining about anything. So its all Osaze's fault.
You just said it all.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by ladeski: 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
femzybiz: You are on point! Everyone wants to be associated with Success. He is probably trying his chance to appear at the world cup. however, in my candid opinion, I still believe we need his service.
He will have to make an unreserved PUBLIC apology before Keshi will even consider him.

We actually DONT need him. If needing him will re-introduce the following

1. Gross insorbudination
2. Verbal diarrhoea
3. Venting on twitter every time things don't go his way
4. Forming a cabal and wrecking the dressing room

Hey..............we were never going to win the world cup anyway, with or without Osaze, not like he's a Maradona.

Conclusion.....he should concentrate on Championship football and manage the rest of his career and millions. Big time footie is over.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2013
Anvaller:

You wrote all I had in mind but was too lazy to type. Imagine someone who refused to participate in the qualifiers, fell out with new coach Keshi after just one match, was suddenly confident his name will appear in the list to the extent of saying saying goodbye to his club and teammates. It reminds me of what he did on transfer deadline day, driving to QPR without any deal finalised.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by ladeski: 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
Anvaller:

God bless you baba grin
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by 9jauk: 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
Odewingwe is simply sensational and brilliant to watch; keshi arrogancy in is days can ve easily forgotten Nigerians he held the Nation to ransom few times demand for God knows, ps Patriotic Nigerians Odewingwe deserve to be in d team, sincerely no one in d present Squad can match is quality, our NFA failed to reconcie the difference between Keshi n Odewingwe na commitee of Dollar sharing thrn sabi, ingrates.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
9jauk: Odewingwe is simply sensational and brilliant to watch; keshi arrogancy in is days can ve easily forgotten Nigerians he held the Nation to ransom few times demand for God knows, ps Patriotic Nigerians Odewingwe deserve to be in d team, sincerely no one in d present Squad can match is quality, our NFA failed to reconcie the difference between Keshi n Odewingwe na commitee of Dollar sharing thrn sabi, ingrates.
Keshi never did that, in 94 nations cup, he sat on the bench throughout and lifted the trophy as coach. What quality are you talking about? 9 goals in 10 years?
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by nerodenero: 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
ULSHERLAN:
Are you a stammerer
Hahahahahahahaha.You got me laughing seriously.Na network been dull me.I think we need a delete button so that when posts appear more than once,one could easily delete the unwanted post.Above all,you cracked my ribs.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Wahala90: 12:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
Come join the debate: Would You Beat Your Wife If She Beats Your Mother Mercilessly? Click Here!
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by MekT(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
buoye1: Keshi ll decide if he wnts him back

Keshi wont pick him....Keshi doesnt forgive....all part of his disciplinary nature..
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by TS2(m): 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
Effwazobia: Osaze you be naija, you know exactly what to do. Get your people to show up to Keshi's face with appologies and hard currencies. But jokes apart, Osaz is a heck of a talent. We need the guy

overrated
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by MekT(m): 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
buoye1: Keshi ll decide if he wnts him back
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by omar22(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
collynzo2: Keshi never did that, in 94 nations cup, he sat on the bench throughout and lifted the trophy as coach. What quality are you talking about? 9 goals in 10 years?

Kanu had 12 goals in 17 years
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by fujirice: 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
dolphinife:

Are you kidding me? Apologise to him for what? How many qualifiers did he play that he will want to come and play in the finals and yet u say we tender appology to him for coming to shine for himself and himself alone? Abeg forget talk o! At least he now knows that Nigeria can do without him afterall
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2013
Abeg seun no vex oh...I just forget wetin I want write,no ban me oh.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Lordlexy: 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
mama-gee:
So after ignoring the team during their worst times...

He wants to return when the team is beginning to build up as a reckoning force.

I hope Keshi ignores this ranting goat and continue improving the team with the players he's provided with

With a player like Odemwingie, Nigeria have no patriots
It is clear u lack proper training 4 using such derogatory word 2 drive home ur point. I can only pity ur husband tat is if u are married at all. I can only imagine d hell u are currently serving him. A player like Osaze known 2 have givin his all, nd u have d effontry 2 call him names. U are pathetic.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by deebrain(m): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
angry

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by lineal: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
omar22:

Amodu wanted Money

Lagerback was dictated to by Ogunjobi, Kanu and Co (I actually know that Kanu helps 4 to 5 players get call ups at a price)

undecided
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by charrles: 6:05pm On Jun 19, 2013
No mind d fool..d team is currently busy try again later
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Is this not another Bash Ali in the making?
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by skinnyJ(m): 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
He was chewd n spat out by d NFF n wen he cried foul, albeit in an unruly manner, he was termd d 'bad guy'.
Therz no gainsayin dt his manner of approach was poor, but @ 30 u can c he realy wants to giv his last to d nation b4 he retires. I remba bck den, wen he was heraldd lyk we r duin to Oduamadi today(whom som of u will spit on 2mao)
Lets face d facts; wich of our forwards possess d technical know-how n expertise dt Osaze can boast of? Du enjoy watchin SE matches wit ur hearts in ur hands, jst coz some players lack shot accuracy n goal sense?
Evry grt team has a blend of young blood n experience; werz d experience in our defence n attack? It may suffice u to kno dt Onazi z motivatd by d presence of mikel in dt midfield n dt helps him work wonders nw, learn frm mikel, n build his confidence to take charge wen mikel will no longer b arnd.
Bottom line; lets, in d spirit of patriotism, 4giv ourselves
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by topsonfash: 8:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
we all know that what this guy did was right but Nigeria.... nah only God feel help us.
i also think you all know that we still need him
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
What did we Achieve when Odemwingie was playing? How many goals did he score? I prefer watching the super eagles of now more than the time of Odemwingie and co when players walk round the pitch for 90 minutes. Heck! Even players who won world cups for their countries still get dropped, how much more Odemwingie?
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Saintigk(m): 9:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
what were d performances of eagles lik whn osaze nd d likes were playin?, struggled to qualify for tournaments, nva won afcon, always permutating our qualification......even if osaze was d best playa in d world, i would rather hv d present eagles playing nd getting positive results than to hav d SUPPOSED WORLD'S BEST OSAZE in d team nd always get bad resuls.
Can u recall d last match eagles lost? That tells much abt d strength of the team......let's stop livin in d past, eagles do not need osaze to succeed anymorez, we v gone past his era.....let him apologize before keshi calls him bak (if keshi even needs him anyway)..
I rep Super Eagles, except d bad ones.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Marcelinho(m): 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
Osase has learnt his lesson,wat left nw is 4 Keshi 2 find a way of fixin him bck in d team.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by dolphinife: 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
I think we are missing the point here. If osaze scored 9 goals in 10 years, what about kanu dat scored 10 goals in 17 years?
FYI, how many matches was osaze been used as a striker for the super eagles? So how do you expect a fringe player to score goals.

Moreso, since kanu and okocha retired from the national team, can we mention any other nigerian footballer that is better and more committed than Osaze? Can't we just reason on what osaze was talking about concerning NFF and its useless corruptions? I tot Emenike got injured while playing for Nigeria, who foot his treatment bill?

The most useless player that has ever play for nigeria is aiyegbeni. He made life difficult for fans and the country through her laicadasical attitudes and nobody crucify him for dat. Mikel has done far worse things to our sensibilities, yet, he manage his way to the super eagles. Is dat not sub standard of disciplinarian actions?
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
CocoLoca: he should be allowed back. fine boy osaze.

Sorry, we don't choose Super Eagles players based on ''fineness''. Kindly return to the fashion and entertainent forum (or better yet the kitchen) where you belong.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 11:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
Anvaller: Osaze is an emotional striker, he is the type that will spoil the game for u just because he is not happy. Don't believe me? watch him in the last world cup.

God bless you. He is a VERY vindictive person.

We could invite him now to the WC and in a vital match, he would deliberately fck up in front of goal, just to ruin Keshi.

That's Odemwingie.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 11:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
dolphinife: I think we are missing the point here. If osaze scored 9 goals in 10 years, what about kanu dat scored 10 goals in 17 years?
FYI, how many matches was osaze been used as a striker for the super eagles? So how do you expect a fringe player to score goals.

Moreso, since kanu and okocha retired from the national team, can we mention any other nigerian footballer that is better and more committed than Osaze? Can't we just reason on what osaze was talking about concerning NFF and its useless corruptions? I tot Emenike got injured while playing for Nigeria, who foot his treatment bill?

The most useless player that has ever play for nigeria is aiyegbeni. He made life difficult for fans and the country through her laicadasical attitudes and nobody crucify him for dat. Mikel has done far worse things to our sensibilities, yet, he manage his way to the super eagles. Is dat not sub standard of disciplinarian actions?
You are a very big liar, you twist facts alot, this is the second time you are doing it on this thread. Firstly Kanu scored 12 goals not ten, Secondly Yakubu scored 21 goals for Nigeria, I think he's second behind Yekini so he can't be the most useless player for Nigeria. To say Yakubu was never 'crucified' by fans is the biggest lie ever. What has Mikel done wrong compared to Osaze, has he ever left camp and returned to his club without permission just like Osaze did when Sia Sia was in charge? Has he ever blasted the fans/coach/journalists/NFF officials in public like Odemwingie? You are a great liar. Finally how many matches has Musa been used as a striker? How about Moses? How many matches have they played for the country? Musa has 5 goals, Moses has 4 in less than 1 year. Odemwingie scored 9 in 10 years and you guys make it look like he's the best thing since sliced bread. If you want to know who is more committed than Odemwingie, every single player who played at AFCON.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"There Is Only One Greatest Of All Time, Lionel Messi" - Eden Hazard / PHOTO: Copy Of Keshi's Letter To The NFF / Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.