Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! (13965 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Listening To Worldly Music,worldly Jokes And Movies Is An Abomination To GOD / Sunday Worship Is The "mark Of The Beast" And Sabbath Is The Seal Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
Boomark:

Paul never tied his handkerchief on any thing to bow and kneel before it just because God worked through it.

Why can't you make images of the bronze snake and mount it in your church or home for healing purposes?

All your comparisons made no sense. Our God hates idol worship, whether you are doing it in a modern way or with style. Idol worship is idol worship. Very different from worship in spirit.

Dearest Brethren. The Gospel preached today by the Holy Catholic Church, is a Gospel that has Love(Agape) as it's key. We love God above all things and we love our neighbors too.

1.No one can accuse a lover, physically absent from the beloved, of not having Love because the lover does not have the beloved Images, nor does the presence of the Images in the lover's possession, signify a greater love at all times.

2. It is however erroneous to accuse a lover of cheating or creating a new beloved by his/her possession of the Image of the beloved.

3. The beloved have never been known to be disapproval of the possession of their Images by their lover

4. Hugging and kissing are acceptable public show of affection to a beloved. (I surprised my beloved once, met her sleeping, a framed Image of me just a few inches from her body, I knew she must have been clutching it close to her heart. I guess you know how I felt...I was definitely not angry). It is no qualm when applied to their Images.

5. Bowing, kneeling etc are things we do to fellow men, do I understand that it is allowed to worship men?

6. You ask why don't we make Images of snake, I answer that We make images of our beloved once.

7. When I say that the Image of my beloved does not replace my beloved, and I am not at rest till I meet my beloved face to face, please believe me.

8. Please understand that any disrespect done to the Image of my beloved hurts me in some way, no matter how small it is.

9. You say my beloved told me not to make any Image and you showed me where(Ex20:4-5), and I say that it meant more than that, for my beloved told me to make Images and I showed you where (Ex25:19,Num7:89).

10. You accuse me, You accuse me, Yet for almost two thousand years, my beloved have shown kindness to me, answering when I call, even with signs and wonders, making me do great things out of love. That's why even though you accuse me unfairly, I still Love You.

2 Likes

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
italo:

Which one did Joshua practise in Joshua 7:6...idol worship or worship in spirit?

So because Joshua fell on his face in front of the ark of covenant, you can make images to bow to?

What did Hezekiah do in (2 Kings 18:3,4) when Israel started bowing down before images?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:40am On Jul 13, 2013
@shdemidemi, I'm sure you saw this...
italo:

So far, I have been answering your questions. If you are scared to answer mine, it's okay.

That's common with anti-Catholics all over the world.

Bye for now.

Because you responded:
shdemidemi:

Hmm ok, God bless.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2013
italo:

Which one did Joshua practise in Joshua 7:6...idol worship or worship in spirit?

Is this what to reply concerning Paul's handkerchief you used as reason to bow to a moulded images of unknown person's? You now moved to Joshua, tomorrow you will switch to Paul's handkerchief again.

Rev 18:4
"...Get out of her...."
Untill you do this, being deluded is inevitable. I can't help you my friend.

Go and study about the making of the ark. Focus on the "cover" between the cherubs and who commanded it according to His will and specifications.

SMH!!!
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 8:36am On Jul 13, 2013
If Joshua worshipped idols in Joshua 7:6, then I am an idol worshipper. If he worshipped in spirit, then I worship in spirit.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2013
italo: If Joshua worshipped idols in Joshua 7:6, then I am an idol worshipper. If he worshipped in spirit, then I worship in spirit.

Was Joshua a Christian?

Was he a gentile?

why did Hezekiah do what he did in (2 Kings 18:3,4)

3 And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, according to all that David his father did.

4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 8:44am On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

Dearest Brethren. The Gospel preached today by the Holy Catholic Church, is a Gospel that has Love(Agape) as it's key. We love God above all things and we love our neighbors too.

1.No one can accuse a lover, physically absent from the beloved, of not having Love because the lover does not have the beloved Images, nor does the presence of the Images in the lover's possession, signify a greater love at all times.

2. It is however erroneous to accuse a lover of cheating or creating a new beloved by his/her possession of the Image of the beloved.

3. The beloved have never been known to be disapproval of the possession of their Images by their lover

4. Hugging and kissing are acceptable public show of affection to a beloved. (I surprised my beloved once, met her sleeping, a framed Image of me just a few inches from her body, I knew she must have been clutching it close to her heart. I guess you know how I felt...I was definitely not angry). It is no qualm when applied to their Images.

5. Bowing, kneeling etc are things we do to fellow men, do I understand that it is allowed to worship men?

6. You ask why don't we make Images of snake, I answer that We make images of our beloved once.

7. When I say that the Image of my beloved does not replace my beloved, and I am not at rest till I meet my beloved face to face, please believe me.

8. Please understand that any disrespect done to the Image of my beloved hurts me in some way, no matter how small it is.

9. You say my beloved told me not to make any Image and you showed me where(Ex20:4-5), and I say that it meant more than that, for my beloved told me to make Images and I showed you where (Ex25:19,Num7:89).

10. You accuse me, You accuse me, Yet for almost two thousand years, my beloved have shown kindness to me, answering when I call, even with signs and wonders, making me do great things out of love. That's why even though you accuse me unfairly, I still Love You.

You cannot hate me. The one that corrects should be shown more love.

I have already seen how out-of-context your quotes in 9 are. Quote them with your explanations and i will show you what actually pleases our beloved. You must not switch to Paul's handky or shadow untill you get them(no 9) right.

I hear say you wan connect to God through an image. That means, what Jesus said about worshiping God in spirit no complete without images of unknown people?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2013
Boomark:

I hear say you wan connect to God through an image. That means, what Jesus said about worshiping God in spirit no complete without images of unknown people?

So Joshua didnt worsip God in spirit?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 9:00am On Jul 13, 2013
shdemidemi:

Was Joshua a Christian?

Was he a gentile?

3 And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, according to all that David his father did.

4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 9:32am On Jul 13, 2013
Boomark:

You cannot hate me. The one that corrects should be shown more love.

I have already seen how out-of-context your quotes in 9 are. Quote them with your explanations and i will show you what actually pleases our beloved. You must not switch to Paul's handky or shadow untill you get them(no 9) right.

Now you want to give me your own interpretation to what my beloved said, yet you told there is no qualm in my hearing his words and interpreting it on my own. Why are you so shifty? I am happy my beloved is not like you, oh "Thou art all fair, O my love, and there is not a spot in thee. ..." song of solomon4:7.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by peteregwu(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2013
OliverPin: i understand your point but i repeat. we do not worship them. we only worship God and we only bow and kneel when we mention Jesus aloud or in silence. Only God sees our hearts and intentions. Then tell me why you have images of you parents of love ones who are dead.

My brother, may be you are the one that don't worship or pray to them. I have been to catholic. They dont hide it, it is very open. They do worship it. I have also listen to one of the priest (white man) from the catholic in England or so telling the catholic members he was ministering to that they should make images, put the rosary on it and pray to it for heart desires to be granted. He also said that Mary is equal with Jesus, and that Mary is the mother of the church. This, to him and what he was insinuating was that people can worship Mary. If you are doubting me, I can post the link of the very message on youtube. If u permit me I will do that.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by peteregwu(m): 11:13am On Jul 13, 2013
[qu said dote author=chukwudi44]

Point of correction,God did not say we should not make images rather he said we should not make or worship idols.God commanded the creation of images in several bible passages.It would be hypocritical of him to ask us not to make images and command the creation of some as well.Idols are simply images that are worshipped.

The other point you raised,asking Mary and the other saints to pray for us is not same thing as necromancy!! There are not dead but alive in heaven as Jesus rightly says

Surely you have read what God said about people rising from death. In the book where Moses wrote about the {burning} bush, it says that God told Moses this: 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' {If God said he is their God, then} these men are not really dead. He is the God only of living people. You Sadducees are wrong!"

— Mark 12:26-27 ERV[/quote]
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by peteregwu(m): 11:16am On Jul 13, 2013
chukwudi44:

Point of correction,God did not say we should not make images rather he said we should not make or worship idols.God commanded the creation of images in several bible passages.It would be hypocritical of him to ask us not to make images and command the creation of some as well.Idols are simply images that are worshipped.

The other point you raised,asking Mary and the other saints to pray for us is not same thing as necromancy!! There are not dead but alive in heaven as Jesus rightly says

Surely you have read what God said about people rising from death. In the book where Moses wrote about the {burning} bush, it says that God told Moses this: 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' {If God said he is their God, then} these men are not really dead. He is the God only of living people. You Sadducees are wrong!"

— Mark 12:26-27 ERV

Now you said "God never told us not to make images." please read this verse in the bible.
Exodus 20:4 KJV
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

Please what does the above verse meant. Or was is not God that spoke such words? Lets not deceive ourselves. I have known you for a while now. You know the truth and it is written in everyone hearts, only that you don't want to accept or believe it.

Now concerning what you said about the saints that are dead. Jesus said God is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living. He said , "the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob." that is very correct. Now we don't pray to them to them to pray for us, its an abomination. We can only call upon the God of mary or abraham to deliver us. That is a righteous prayer. A situation where u pray, "holy mary pray for us sinners", that is where those involved are wrong. By so doing, she is now god to al involved, which is an abomination.

1 Timothy 2:5-6 KJV
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; [6] Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Olabode05: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
Bros is asking pastor mouka to pray for you wrong? yes or no
or tell me the difference btw these 2 statements.pastor pray for me and mary mother of jesus pray for me
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
shdemidemi:

Was Joshua a Christian?

Was he a gentile?

the old convenant is a shadow of the new, if reverence thru image is a part of the old testament i'm not surprised it has taken an even better understanding in the new testament.
Mr italo and co weldone
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

Now you want to give me your own interpretation to what my beloved said, yet you told there is no qualm in my hearing his words and interpreting it on my own. Why are you so shifty? I am happy my beloved is not like you, oh "Thou art all fair, O my love, and there is not a spot in thee. ..." song of solomon4:7.

grin
Are you now so afraid of me or afraid to be exposed?

Which interpretations do you want believe, the one from your church fathers? That is why are not sure of yourself. You can invite one of your fathers so we can discuss those verses while you watch. ie if you are not capable?

wink
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
italo:

So Joshua didnt worsip God in spirit?

Don't you have bible to read about the "cover" i told you about? Ex 25:17-22. You have not known why he lay on his face before the ark and you want to know if he worshiped in spirit.

Go and study 1st, then i can confidently answer your question.
Habakkuk 2:18
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
What profits the graven image that its maker has shaped it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that themaker of his work trusts in it, to make dumb idols?

This is for those putting their trust in molten images, seeking to connect with GOD through it.

SMH!!!
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ubenedictus: the old convenant is a shadow of the new, if reverence thru image is a part of the old testament i'm not surprised it has taken an even better understanding in the new testament.
Mr italo and co weldone

Do you know there is no amalgamating the old and the new, like you said it was a shadow of what is to come. Everything in the old was pointing us to Christ , Christ has come, he has also given us a gospel that has the power of God unto salvation. Why do you have to go all the way back to do what Joshua or Israel did and as far as making images to reverence?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
Boomark:

grin
Are you now so afraid of me or afraid to be exposed?

Which interpretations do you want believe, the one from your church fathers? That is why are not sure of yourself. You can invite one of your fathers so we can discuss those verses while you watch. ie if you are not capable?

wink

hahahaha, I have lit a lamp! I have lit a lamp! Why all this shout, If you have lit a lamp, says Syncan to Boomark,let it shine to the world to see (Lk11:33), why do you need a prodding.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 2:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
Boomark:

Don't you have bible to read about the "cover" i told you about? Ex 25:17-22. You have not known why he lay on his face before the ark and you want to know if he worshiped in spirit.

Go and study 1st, then i can confidently answer your question.
Habakkuk 2:18
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
What profits the graven image that its maker has shaped it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that themaker of his work trusts in it, to make dumb idols?

This is for those putting their trust in molten images, seeking to connect with GOD through it.

SMH!!!

Are you saying Joshua worshipped idols? shocked
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
peteregwu:

My brother, may be you are the one that don't worship or pray to them. I have been to catholic. They dont hide it, it is very open. They do worship it. I have also listen to one of the priest (white man) from the catholic in England or so telling the catholic members he was ministering to that they should make images, put the rosary on it and pray to it for heart desires to be granted. He also said that Mary is equal with Jesus, and that Mary is the mother of the church. This, to him and what he was insinuating was that people can worship Mary. If you are doubting me, I can post the link of the very message on youtube. If u permit me I will do that.

Desperate LIAR!

Show us the video.

1 Like

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

hahahaha, I have lit a lamp! I have lit a lamp! Why all this shout, If you have lit a lamp, says Syncan to Boomark,let it shine to the world to see (Lk11:33), why do you need a prodding.

Ok o. I have not seen your own light. The word of God is light not church candle light.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 6:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
italo:

Are you saying Joshua worshipped idols? shocked

Are you saying you cannot study the word of God?

Delusion is incurable and those affected remains unteachable. They will chose to believe a lie no matter how obvious the truth is.

What am doing here is to show other readers how unteachable the catholics are, not to teach you guys. We have been through these things before. That is why i said earlier on i cannot help you guy because of 2 thessalonians 12:11. Do it yourself.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
Boomark:

Ok o. I have not seen your own light. The word of God is light not church candle light.

Is that it? Thought there was going to be an earth shaking revelation from the bible my Church Fathers gave to the world in 393AD.
I gave you my "Ten Thesis", truth as they are, you couldn't even fault any. I ask you again, Is that it?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 10:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

Is that it? Thought there was going to be an earth shaking revelation from the bible my Church Fathers gave to the world in 393AD.
I gave you my "Ten Thesis", truth as they are, you couldn't even fault any. I ask you again, Is that it?

that is it as it is. God turned his back on those that practice unrighteousness even when they had all the laws, ten commandments, the Ark etc.

If what is in the bible is not useful to a people, God will hand it over to those that will make use of it.

I picked one, no 9 which has bible quotes out of the ten so we can reason together, but the unteachable spirit made you to start singing love songs to me instead.

For now l have no interest in teaching/reasoning with the catholics. It is just a waste of time due to something the will of man cannot alter.

1 Like

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by peteregwu(m): 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
italo:

Desperate LIAR!

Show us the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG5-RSevDBI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That is it above. Why do I have to lie, for what? To convince you? No! It is only God that can convert a soul.

If you don't believe in the bible, you will never believe the truth.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 4:40am On Jul 14, 2013
Boomark:

Are you saying you cannot study the word of God?

Delusion is incurable and those affected remains unteachable. They will chose to believe a lie no matter how obvious the truth is.

What am doing here is to show other readers how unteachable the catholics are, not to teach you guys. We have been through these things before. That is why i said earlier on i cannot help you guy because of 2 thessalonians 12:11. Do it yourself.

But we have been doing it ourselves for 2000yrs.

Why then, do you want to kill yourself over us.

We are already doing your wish.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 8:41am On Jul 14, 2013
peteregwu:

That is it above. Why do I have to lie, for what? To convince you? No! It is only God that can convert a soul.

Everybody please go and watch this video. Please! It was brought to support a lie.I recommend it to refute same lie. watch this video please. In case you can't watch videos, The priest in question is Archbishop Fulton J Sheen. And a google search for his name will produce this in wikipedia

:

Evangelization

"Sheen was credited with helping convert a number of notable figures to the Catholic faith, including agnostic writer Heywood Broun, politician Clare Boothe Luce, automaker Henry Ford II, Communist writer Louis F. Budenz, theatrical designer Jo Mielziner, violinist and composer Fritz Kreisler, and actress Virginia Mayo. Each conversion process took an average of 25 hours of lessons, and reportedly more than 95% of his students in private instruction were baptized".
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 8:44am On Jul 14, 2013
Boomark:

that is it as it is. God turned his back on those that practice unrighteousness even when they had all the laws, ten commandments, the Ark etc.

If what is in the bible is not useful to a people, God will hand it over to those that will make use of it.

I picked one, no 9 which has bible quotes out of the ten so we can reason together, but the unteachable spirit made you to start singing love songs to me instead.

For now l have no interest in teaching/reasoning with the catholics. It is just a waste of time due to something the will of man cannot alter.

I have told you if you lit a lamp, let it shine. You picked number 9 and you said what? Why not say what you have against number nine. Hahaha, you never change.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 10:35am On Jul 14, 2013
italo:

But we have been doing it ourselves for 2000yrs.

Why then, do you want to kill yourself over us.

We are already doing your wish.

That's good.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 10:42am On Jul 14, 2013
Syncan:

I have told you if you lit a lamp, let it shine. You picked number 9 and you said what? Why not say what you have against number nine. Hahaha, you never change.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2013
peteregwu:

Do you hate Catholics so much that you are ready to lose your soul by telling blatant lies against us?

Or are just serving your boss, the father of lies?

Where in the video did Archbishop Fulton Sheen say that Mary is equal to Jesus and should be worshipped?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig / Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.