Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! (14006 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Listening To Worldly Music,worldly Jokes And Movies Is An Abomination To GOD / Sunday Worship Is The "mark Of The Beast" And Sabbath Is The Seal Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 11:30am On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

The man says he is not, why force him into what he says he is not?

Are Catholics also allowed to tell you what we are, without you trying to force us into what we are not?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 11:32am On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

Are Catholics also allowed to tell you what we are, without you trying to force us into what we are not?

you already called yourself a catholic, did any call you anything else?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 11:35am On Jul 05, 2013
italo

what do you do in front of the images?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 11:36am On Jul 05, 2013
Boomark:

cheesy
Am good Syncan. I hope brought Bach goodies from Rome? Its good to see you again.

Wonders shall never 'cease to' end. Are the catholics saying "bible is God" or your personal opinion? Italo did you see that?

The only thing that will help catholics is for them to make the word of God alone the bases of their belief. Oral traditions without scriptural backing has done worse things to them.

The Bible is a book. The word of God is written in it. Do you know what it means when you call Jesus the Word of God? I fear for all who believe the trinity doctrine of these people with going through the scripture.

Exactly the Point! The Image is an Image!
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 11:39am On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi: italo

what do you do in front of the images?

This will help tell you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Council_of_Nicaea
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 11:40am On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

you already called yourself a catholic, did any call you anything else?

Are Catholics allowed to tell you who a Catholic is, without you trying to force us into what Catholics are not?

No?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by ijawkid(m): 11:42am On Jul 05, 2013
Syncan:

What do you do with the image??......
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by ijawkid(m): 11:49am On Jul 05, 2013
Syncan:

I got this quote from the link you gave....

"for
the honor accorded to the image passes
over to its prototype, and whoever adores
the image adores in it the reality of what
is there represented
."

My question is.....what's the difference between this act what the people who practice shintoism,buddhaism, etc do??.....

They infact adore,bow before and worship images or representations of there God(s).......

Abeg Jesus command this kin act??.....

Can't you guys worship the one true God the Father with out images and mouldings just as Jesus did??......
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 11:50am On Jul 05, 2013
ijawkid:

What do you do with the image??......

I believe this question has been answered.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 11:52am On Jul 05, 2013
ijawkid:

I got this quote from the link you gave....

"for
is there represented
."

My question is.....what's the difference between this act what the people who practice shintoism,buddhaism, etc do??.....

They infact adore,bow before and worship images or representations of there God(s).......

Abeg Jesus command this kin act??.....

Can't you guys worship the one true God the Father with out images and mouldings just as Jesus did??......

I hope you took note of the date?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 11:53am On Jul 05, 2013
Syncan:

why are you directing me to your ogas at the top. Did they not tell you why you do what you do un front of those images?

"for
is there represented."

I hope your pope has not ripped out the part of scripture that says we should worship in spirit.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

why are you directing me to your ogas at the top. Did they not tell you why you do what you do un front of those images?

[b]"for
is there represented."
[/b]I hope your pope has not ripped out the part of scripture that says we should worship in spirit.

Did you read it or not? Why copy what another posts?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

"for
is there represented."

I hope your pope has not ripped out the part of scripture that says we should worship in spirit.

No, he hasnt.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

Where did he agree that the son of perdition is in the Catholic Church?

And shdemidemi said the temple of God is each person.

Does that mean that the son of perdition is in you?

It depends on what you allow to possess you. Jesus did not make a mistake when he said, "the son of perdition will sit as God in the temple of God" instead of temple of satan.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
Syncan:

Did you read it or not? Why copy what another posts?

read what?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

Are Catholics allowed to tell you who a Catholic is, without you trying to force us into what Catholics are not?

No?

what else can a catholic be? anything that is not in line with what was taught in scriptures can only come from the devil.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
Sal C: You must have been reading your own imaginations into my posts, I never said the son of perdition is in the Catholic Church.

Again you can deny being a JW but I once read your post were u said you've already allowed your family attend JW, and also ready to join them.

So their doctrine has already influenced you.

It wasn't me.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
ijawkid:

U are mistaking boomark for another person.....

He says he isn't a JW....can't you just accept what he told you??........

And once again fling that rosary,the image of mary and all you bow down to in worship into the dustbin........

Enough is enough..!!!!....

I wonder o!
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi: @ bookmark

we still have unfinished discussions on this Triune God.

Yea i know. Still waiting...
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

"Image of Christ."

ie the moulded image of Christ.
Which is also the moulded image of God. Abi?

So Moulded image of different white men can now be called the image of God(of course all images are not the same). What kind of false doctrine is this? angry know fully well the that these images belong different persons yet they still bow to them, calling them images of God.

*Shedding tear this kind of delusion*
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by SalC: 11:11pm On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

The man says he is not, why force him into what he says he is not?
undecided
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:01am On Jul 06, 2013
Boomark:

It depends on what you allow to possess you. Jesus did not make a mistake when he said, "the son of perdition will sit as God in the temple of God" instead of temple of satan.

And your body is the temple of God.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 5:07am On Jul 06, 2013
italo:

And your body is the temple of God.

The temple in 2 thess 2 is the assembly where people come to worship God.

More so, every man carries a sin nature in him, even when we become believers we live with a nature of God and a nature of sin.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 7:13am On Jul 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

read what?

Yeah, I guessed as much.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 9:37am On Jul 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

what else can a catholic be? anything that is not in line with what was taught in scriptures can only come from the devil.

And Catholics also have the right to define you this way.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:39am On Jul 06, 2013
italo:

And Catholics also have the right to define you this way.

Me ke! As what nkwa?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 9:39am On Jul 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

The temple in 2 thess 2 is the assembly where people come to worship God.

So you are saying Catholics go to worship God in their temple. Right?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:44am On Jul 06, 2013
italo:

So you are saying Catholics go to worship God in their temple. Right?

So, they think
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 9:53am On Jul 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

More so, every man carries a sin nature in him, even when we become believers we live with a nature of God and a nature of sin.

Are you saying the son of perdition is in you, a temple of God?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 10:01am On Jul 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

So, they think

You are saying the temple of God in 2 Thess 2 is the Catholic Church, but Catholics are not worshiping God but the Pope who is the son of perdition.

Is that right?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 10:02am On Jul 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

Me ke! As what nkwa?

As a devil worshipper or something like that.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 11:55am On Jul 06, 2013
Syncan:

Exactly why you missed the point. Bible is a book. What is written in it is not a book. Do you get it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Why Has Jesus Christ Always Been Made To Look Like A White Man? / Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. / Proof Of God. Scientifically Derived.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.