Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee (27968 Views)

How To Prevent Employee Fraud/ Theft: 22 Tips / Ex-employee Sues Bank For N100 Billion / 25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Raypawer(m): 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
rebecca167: Guy, if u hv where u can distribute or sell boxers, then u hv made it, with only 100k, u will be able 2 produce up to 950 boxers at d rate of 150 per boxer(including packaging it with designers label and even ur own label if u want). Bt all these things are done in aba(abia state). I introduce d biz to my friend that just finished (nysc)serving last year and he is doing fine.. I mean fine. He sells Per boxers at d rate of 300 to 400 naira to boutiques .

i like this idea would be intrested in this but later, not now,
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by tflow: 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
do a feasibility study first and location matters alot...my idea is that i cant advice on something you are not passionate on...so think about what you are passionate about and invest in it cos you will do it with enthusiatic.

best of luck dude
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 8:05pm On Jun 19, 2013
You can go into blackberry business i will tell you were to buy it at a cheap rate then after you can tell your friends and family that you have blackberry for sale at a cheap rate and if they can bring people to buy you will give them a certain amount if you are interested i can tell u how to get more customers without meeting them one on one and it will not affect your work blackberry is a hot business my contact is at my my profile
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by mrking3(m): 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ơ̴̴̴͡k here's M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ own little business idea with such amount
Firewood selling and supply
Charcoal selling
Egg supply
Ice block etc.
#200k is just so small!
If you want it real big, go into okirika Clothings, shoes etc
Beer parlour or better still, raise money and buy Keke Napep.

There A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ loads of business to do in Nigeria but not with that small capital!! You need real money to start up something big in Nigeria of today! Gone A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ those days when people say one can start with small capital and earn big!! Evrything is money now!!!

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Walexz02(m): 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
Bro, do you like farming? Its a good business..

2 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Greatken007(m): 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
farm4u: Go and buy a farm land and plant some yams.
WHICH TYPE OF YAM ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HERE?YAMS ARE OF DIFFERENT SPECIES,ABI U B LEARNER?

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by naijacutee(f): 8:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
mitwitdot:
sounds interesting...kindly elaborate on the logistics

Logistics: Collect items from stores 1 - 2 days a week (maybe even using a taxi, if you have enough volume) , and deliver to a location (shop maybe?) by the okada rank, where okadas can regularly collect for delivery.

Figures:
So if a taxi driver charges 6,000 for example to collect 30 items from 3 e-stores and deliver to 5 locations, this = 200 per item. Okada drivers get paid 300 per drop for items delivered. Total = 500 each. E-commerce customers pay an affordable 1,000 each. 100% profit for you, doing nothing except the initial legwork.

30 items a week = 15,000 extra a week.

I think 30 items would be the cut-off point, and this might not be worth it unless you can get a group of ecommerce stores who can dispatch up to 30 items a week between them.

3 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Exponental(m): 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
Lots of people queue up @ shoprite for bread........think of a kind of partnership with shoprite for home delivery.

6 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Fhemmmy: 8:50pm On Jun 19, 2013
naijacutee: I think there's a market for offering affordable delivery services to ecommerce shops in Lagos, using existing Okada drivers. It's a relatively new idea, so you'll have to use your imagination, creativity to solve unique problems that might arise, as there's no one to copy from.

Basically, you round up okadas in certain areas, and get them to sign up to your service, which will provide them with additional jobs for twice the route price. You then transport parcels to locations close to the okada rank, and during quiet periods, the okada drivers can pick up your higher-paying jobs.

Something like taxipark.com.ng, but with courier packages, and a more direct approach to offline client acquisition.

Great idea but to make sure the Okada riders dont run away with the parcel or document is the challenge

3 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Denn(m): 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
H
Exponental: Lots of people queue up @ shoprite for bread........think of a kind of partnership with shoprite for home delivery.

Good idea....although those Shoprite guys don't look like they can meet additional demand for bread.... A franchise discussion with Shoprite to supply the loaves 'very fresh' to nearby locations can be considered. That might cost more than 200k though

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Fhemmmy: 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2013
Exponental: Lots of people queue up @ shoprite for bread........think of a kind of partnership with shoprite for home delivery.

Ummmmm . . . .
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by ezstino: 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
rebecca167: Guy, if u hv where u can distribute or sell boxers, then u hv made it, with only 100k, u will be able 2 produce up to 950 boxers at d rate of 150 per boxer(including packaging it with designers label and even ur own label if u want). Bt all these things are done in aba(abia state). I introduce d biz to my friend that just finished (nysc)serving last year and he is doing fine.. I mean fine. He sells Per boxers at d rate of 300 to 400 naira to boutiques . My pin=29CDD4F3

guy this biz makes a lot of sense to me. pls here is my email and number: ezstino1@gmail.com. 08038628208: u can add me on whatsapp
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by ChibuzoIkenna(m): 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2013
Massive informations here!

Personally am finking of setting up my Photography studio, its my talent and passion, i actually work @ a bank. But by Gods grace am quiting max Dec this year.
I live @ Badagry

3 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by bassette(m): 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2013
Kingsley OGBITI: You can go into blackberry business i will tell you were to buy it at a cheap rate then after you can tell your friends and family that you have blackberry for sale at a cheap rate and if they can bring people to buy you will give them a certain amount if you are interested i can tell u how to get more customers without meeting them one on one and it will not affect your work blackberry is a hot business my contact is at my my profile
how can I reach you?
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by feminineA: 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
naijacutee:

Logistics: Collect items from stores 1 - 2 days a week (maybe even using a taxi, if you have enough volume) , and deliver to a location (shop maybe?) by the okada rank, where okadas can regularly collect for delivery.

Figures:
So if a taxi driver charges 6,000 for example to collect 30 items from 3 e-stores and deliver to 5 locations, this = 200 per item. Okada drivers get paid 300 per drop for items delivered. Total = 500 each. E-commerce customers pay an affordable 1,000 each. 100% profit for you, doing nothing except the initial legwork.

30 items a week = 15,000 extra a week.

I think 30 items would be the cut-off point, and this might not be worth it unless you can get a group of ecommerce stores who can dispatch up to 30 items a week between them.

So intrested in this. Will be very good and helpful for my business. However can bike men be trusted like that??

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by LeBlack: 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
Closetoheart: Dear people, please I need your suggestions on the type of part time business I can start with capital of N200,000 or less. I need your opinions please. Ideas rule the world.

Ps: I am not a fan of networking business or multi level marketing, please do not suggest such. I need businesses that would involve sales of goods, I will prefer mobile shop business ideas please.

Thank you.

Mods: please assist in moving this topic to the front page for more ideas. I am in dire need of responses. Thank you.

You might wanna check http://www.iroy.in/5-businesses-to-do-in-nigeria-in-2013-2/ and http://www.iroy.in/5-businesses-to-do-in-nigeria-in-2013/
Hope it helps...
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Jabe(m): 9:30pm On Jun 19, 2013
U can do Fishery,
U can do online importation (us, uk, china) etc.
Website design etc. Or mark online questionnaires.

Infact, u can even do 3 of these with ur said amount. Connect me on facebook @ www.facebook.com/jabe4u
If u re in PH let's see. My number is 08068024271
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Fhemmmy: 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
Jabe: U can do Fishery,
U can do online importation (us, uk, china) etc.
Website design etc. Or mark online questionaires.

Infact, u can even do 3 of these with ur said amount. Connect me on facebook @ www.facebook.come/jabe4u
If u re in PH let's see. My number is 08068024271

You seems to know something that other dont know oh . . . 200K Naira to do all those 3 business?
Please enlighten us

2 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Ikengawo: 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
whoever invests in farming chicken in Nigeria will be a rich man in years to come

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by konklushun(f): 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
Pls how does one go about d biz of printing recharge card vouchers?
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by nursemyke: 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
Chibuzo-Ikenna:
Massive informations here!

Personally am finking of setting up my Photography studio, its my talent and passion, i actually work @ a bank. But by Gods grace am quiting max Dec this year.
I live @ Badagry
Where do you stay in Badagry connect with me in General Hospital Badagry and let's explore more
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by penzino(m): 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
Buy a digital photo printer
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by ChibuzoIkenna(m): 10:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
nursemyke:
Where do you stay in Badagry connect with me in General Hospital Badagry and let's explore more

Yeah, would hav loved to, but am still @ the bank and i dnt hav all the time possible. But add me up on @Chibuzo_Ikenna am sure we will hav a good time discussing
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Samcathe: 10:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
network marketing is very good for someone who can persevere. you can make it big if you see a very good sponsor..
Check my signature.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by ini4brandon(m): 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
naijacutee: I think there's a market for offering affordable delivery services to ecommerce shops in Lagos, using existing Okada drivers. It's a relatively new idea, so you'll have to use your imagination, creativity to solve unique problems that might arise, as there's no one to copy from.

Basically, you round up okadas in certain areas, and get them to sign up to your service, which will provide them with additional jobs for twice the route price. You then transport parcels to locations close to the okada rank, and during quiet periods, the okada drivers can pick up your higher-paying jobs.

Something like taxipark.com.ng, but with courier packages, and a more direct approach to offline client acquisition.
currently okada is partially banned and might soon be completely banned. then what happens

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by j4jj: 10:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
Fish or snail farming is still d best for an employee. Go to work in d morning come back late @ nite! Your aquatic animals are just there swimming all day long! in fact this period of rainy season makes it even a better business to venture. The only exception is dat u may nid additional space or capital and fishes and snails grows at a very fast rate and also has a multiplier effect! In 4-6mnths time u're already earning huge returns

3 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
following keenly
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by mikolo80: 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Henrypraise: 10:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
@ OP, run far away from fishery or anytin livestock farmin, it has all d theories to its favour buh not d praticality. I will want to ask, is ur current job a contract or permanent job? For me, d best idea here is dat okada delivery or laundry stuff, I am speakin from experience as regards livestock. Like seriously m gona start a laundry business b4 dec n see d possibilty of d okada delivery in my neighbourhood. I love dis tread.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by lawizle(m): 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2013
big-t:

u kiddin right?
*kerosene reselling requires 7 hours of your day, or else you employ somebody - which is not advisable cos egungun can still money!
*pharmacy/drug store- you need a certificate for that, and believe me, unless you have a brother that studied pharmacy or other drug authorised courses, it will take a long time to see a person to lend you his (which comes with a huge price tag). You dont want NAFDAC on your tail, do you
*a snacks joint - ewwww!!! @ work Get out!!!

Can I as a medical doctor get d certification easily?
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by 3ace(m): 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2013

This seems like the type of concept Glo recently used in its advert with those boys skating all over the place.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by MsSantaClaus(f): 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
mitwitdot:
sounds interesting...kindly elaborate on the logistics

Sounds interesting, but are Okadas still allowed in Lagos? Unless I don't know what Okadas are!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What To Know About The NNPC's $3billion Loan From Afrexim Bank / AMCON After Mike Adenuga's Conoil Over N39bn Debt / 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.