Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee (27983 Views)

How To Prevent Employee Fraud/ Theft: 22 Tips / Ex-employee Sues Bank For N100 Billion / 25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by jiffylibra: 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
Invest in sport arbitrage, its a sure and guaranteed way of making profit. Its new and you can benefit greatly from it. For more information you can check this website: http://www.aftatech.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by lawizle(m): 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
mr_king: Ơ̴̴̴͡k here's M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ own little business idea with such amount
Firewood selling and supply
Charcoal selling
Egg supply
Ice block etc.
#200k is just so small!
If you want it real big, go into okirika Clothings, shoes etc
Beer parlour or better still, raise money and buy Keke Napep.

There A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ loads of business to do in Nigeria but not with that small capital!! You need real money to start up something big in Nigeria of today! Gone A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ those days when people say one can start with small capital and earn big!! Evrything is money now!!!

Are you saying 200k cant start a correct beer parlour joint?

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by silverluci(f): 11:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
nice thread.

it's just that all businesses has its pros and cons and if you really want to be successful in any, you just be patient, consistent and disciplined.

Also know that what will help you thrive is content and packaging. Even if it is Ijebu Garri that you are selling, the way you package and present it will tell your consumers that you are not joking. grin

2 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by AdoOloro(m): 11:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ok.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by AdoOloro(m): 11:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
It depends on your location bro,

for the start, 2 Okadas gave me 60k every month. Both Okadas purchased for 150k (they don't have to be new).
I moved to 4 Okadas and was getting 120k a month after 4 months.
Now with 8 Okadas, I get at least 200k monthly after 10 months and with the capability to expand every month but don't want to because its becoming difficult to manage. Every Sunday is party time at my place when those boys are delivering.

Invested in poultry and will soon have capability to produce about 3,000 eggs per week with an average of 400 eggs per day.
Now, I'm extremely worried about how and where to sell.

If you can manage people, you'll find a lot of small businesses that won't take your time or require your presence.

When I see people suggesting marketing stuff, selling clothes, photography, recharge card printing, importation, etc, I just laugh. Some people are just clueless, they think business is a thing to play with.
When you start a business, no matter how small, you have started something that has the potential of taking your life or giving you a life. If you play with it you may be playing with your life.
Many small businesses you see around that inspire you to want to build a Kiosk by the road side or rent a shop, are suffering in silence.

Do your thing your own way sir. Simply look around and start by doing something that will meet people's need, something that will make people wait for you even while you are not around. That is the Goldmine you should invest in and they abound everywhere around you.

7 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by opendo21(m): 11:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
AdoOloro: It depends on your location bro,

for the start, 2 Okadas gave me 60k every month. Both Okadas purchased for 150k (they don't have to be new).
I moved to 4 Okadas and was getting 120k a month after 4 months.
Now with 8 Okadas, I get at least 200k monthly after 10 months and with the capability to expand every month but don't want to because its becoming difficult to manage. Every Sunday is party time at my place when those boys are delivering.

Invested in poultry and will soon have capability to produce about 3,000 eggs per week with an average of 400 eggs per day.
Now, I'm extremely worried about how and where to sell.

If you can manage people, you'll find a lot of small businesses that won't take your time or require your presence.

When I see people suggesting marketing stuff, selling clothes, photography, recharge card printing, importation, etc, I just laugh. Some people are just clueless, they think business is a thing to play with.
When you start a business, no matter how small, you have started something that has the potential of taking your life or giving you a life. If you play with it you may be playing with your life.
Many small businesses you see around that inspire you to want to build a Kiosk by the road side or rent a shop, are suffering in silence.

Do your thing your own way sir. Simply look around and start by doing something that will meet people's need, something that will make people wait for you even while you are not around. That is the Goldmine you should invest in and they abound everywhere around you.
. @Op I think u have your answer here bro. What are u passionate about, Do u have a good knowledge of it and not just hearsay? Think critically b4 venturing. What works for Mr. A may not work for Mr. B because Mr.B is lacking some form of knowledge or information.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by BizBloke(m): 12:01am On Jun 20, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Great idea but to make sure the Okada riders dont run away with the parcel or document is the challenge

I guess he/she has to deal with 'trustworthy' okada men. For instance, if I borrow this idea and implement in the South East, I already have an Okada man and a Keke Napep guy to start up with. It's about knowing them and KNOWING them sha.

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by planetuzor(m): 12:33am On Jun 20, 2013
Billyonaire: Depends on location. If you are in Lagos, then you can always make quick bucks with less than that.
Your post here isn't too in line whit the question asked. You've always claimed to be a billionaire and often times in a meeting with men. Please can you suggests a real business this guy can do and be specific with convinceable facts and figures. because anyone who has touched d billions must be full of wealth creating knowledges and ideas.except for politicians and gamblers....#No offence intended

2 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by adetayoonas(m): 12:38am On Jun 20, 2013
Pls What about phone accessories. Is it also a good business. Pls anyone that knoWs more abt d blackberry and phone accessories sale should contact mwe on 08034609669. Talktoty4ever@yahoo.com
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by steffans(m): 12:48am On Jun 20, 2013
*Futball viewing Centre(depending on ur neighbour hood... Ppl watch match evryweekend)....
*Beer Palour(even persin wey broke 4 aftanOon dey drink beer @ nyt)
*Taxi/Keke Napep (pays well wen u get d ryt persin to handle it)..
*Sell weavons/Attachements in whole sale.. It moves!!!!

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by 360command: 1:17am On Jun 20, 2013
Online investment is money. Find someone who can build a commercial website like a forum, classified ads, social networking site, instant chat relay site, photo uploading site like photobucket, file sharing site. This world we all live in,people Copy and Paste. Look at the chinese how they started,you can do the same. All you need to do is to check in those investment listed above and put it in the nigerian context. There is nothing wrong copying Nairaland but you must come out with something unique other than what nairaland is having/not having . You need to be patient when having your own biz, with time, it will get better.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by BizBloke(m): 1:34am On Jun 20, 2013
steffans: *Futball viewing Centre(depending on ur neighbour hood... Ppl watch match evryweekend)....
*Beer Palour(even persin wey broke 4 aftanOon dey drink beer @ nyt)
*Taxi/Keke Napep (pays well wen u get d ryt persin to handle it)..
*Sell weavons/Attachements in whole sale.. It moves!!!!

[b]*Football centre will be easy to start up. I can't give advice on beer joints or taxi/Keke Napep sha. But, I'll do my best to break down the football viewing centre idea and the weavons/attachments idea.

Breaking down the football centre idea,
i) You rent chairs for... how much can you get chairs for? That's a research for OP to make.
ii) You need a TV set. You can borrow/hire-purchase from someone. It must not be plasma anyway.
iii) You need DSTV/HiTV subscription.
iv) You hire I-pass-my-neighbour generator and make provision for 4 litres of fuel.
v) You need wires and sockets.

You're good to go.

Now, in doing this, you can harness the power of complements (bread and butter, bread and beans, bread and jam, etc.).

Which complement can you harness in a football viewing centre? Partnering with a snack and soft drink seller to sell snacks and soft drinks.

What else? If that vicinity has light issue, you buy about 5 extension boxes and connect them to each other. You'll need about N3,000 to get these. Once all are inter-connected, you'll have about 30 charging slots. Don't charge N50 like everyone. You can charge about N40/N30. N30/N40 * 30 = N900, or N1,200 per match.

Once you've figured this out, employ someone you know on a commission basis. It's not wise to pay salary/wage at this stage.

WEAVONS/ATTACHMENTS SALES
This should be simpler, especially if you rapport well with the ladies. You can be a sell-out in a short time.

Breaking it down,
i) Just visit AliExpress or any other online site.
ii) Shop around for the weavons/attachments.
iii) Make your purchase with your card, or get a 3rd party shipping company.
iv) Before you get your ordered weavons/attachments, start marketing and advertising. Employ the power of threaded customer conversion to get more customers (discounts, promos, etc.)

That's all I can think of now.

Hope this helps.
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by lymelyte(m): 1:41am On Jun 20, 2013
I love this thread. It is very innovative and inspiring.. I can't believe that now,I have a list of biz I can select from smiley. Anyway,in biz,it is important you do what u understand and love. Because,in doing what u love and understand,you rarely take note of time.
Please my peeps,keep the gud work and the ideas flowing.. I appreciate y'all.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by adconline(m): 1:48am On Jun 20, 2013
How's bout something like sweet popcorn, groundnut, cashnut, fresh nut sold by wheelbarrow pushers, repackaging and selling them in a cleaner and tastier way with popcorn. U must have a mobile stand with a tricycle

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by AdoOloro(m): 2:07am On Jun 20, 2013
BizBloke: [/b]

[b]*Football centre will be easy to start up. I can't give advice on beer joints or taxi/Keke Napep sha. But, I'll do my best to break down the football viewing centre idea and the weavons/attachments idea.

Breaking down the football centre idea,
i) You rent chairs for... how much can you get chairs for? That's a research for OP to make.
ii) You need a TV set. You can borrow/hire-purchase from someone. It must not be plasma anyway.
iii) You need DSTV/HiTV subscription.
iv) You hire I-pass-my-neighbour generator and make provision for 4 litres of fuel.
v) You need wires and sockets.

You're good to go.

Now, in doing this, you can harness the power of complements (bread and butter, bread and beans, bread and jam, etc.).

Which complement can you harness in a football viewing centre? Partnering with a snack and soft drink seller to sell snacks and soft drinks.

What else? If that vicinity has light issue, you buy about 5 extension boxes and connect them to each other. You'll need about N3,000 to get these. Once all are inter-connected, you'll have about 30 charging slots. Don't charge N50 like everyone. You can charge about N40/N30. N30/N40 * 30 = N900, or N1,200 per match.

Once you've figured this out, employ someone you know on a commission basis. It's not wise to pay salary/wage at this stage.

WEAVONS/ATTACHMENTS SALES
This should be simpler, especially if you rapport well with the ladies. You can be a sell-out in a short time.

Breaking it down,
i) Just visit AliExpress or any other online site.
ii) Shop around for the weavons/attachments.
iii) Make your purchase with your card, or get a 3rd party shipping company.
iv) Before you get your ordered weavons/attachments, start marketing and advertising. Employ the power of threaded customer conversion to get more customers (discounts, promos, etc.)

That's all I can think of now.

Hope this helps.
[/b]

This sulks man! Think like dangote
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by AdoOloro(m): 2:12am On Jun 20, 2013
adconline: How's bout something like sweet popcorn, groundnut, cashnut, fresh nut sold by wheelbarrow pushers, repackaging and selling them in a cleaner and tastier way with popcorn. U must have a mobile stand with a tricycle

I can't believe what i'm seeing. Popcorn?? Ground nut For a big boy
Don't you want him to live long?

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Merlissa(f): 2:13am On Jun 20, 2013
Business is all about passion. There isn't any business that doesn't require marketing.. You have to market directly or indirectly..

BBM is a good marketing tool, just place your goods/products as dp and send out BC's (people would re-broadcast) and your good to go!

Narialand is also a good online marketing platform..

As for business, order ankara notebooks (different sizes) at a reduce price and sell at a good rate and you can start with samples so people can have an idea of what it looks like..
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by BizBloke(m): 2:25am On Jun 20, 2013
AdoOloro:

This sulks man! Think like dangote

So, let's have your 'Dangote' idea then?

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by adconline(m): 3:05am On Jun 20, 2013
AdoOloro:

I can't believe what i'm seeing. Popcorn?? Ground nut For a big boy
Don't you want him to live long?
A big boy is not asking for a N200,000 idea. Big boy idea is how to invest N50-N100million. You are still warped in poverty idea. Ever wonder why coca cola, Pepsi and Coscharis are in "pure" water business? Start small and grow big!

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 20, 2013
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by playces: 5:16am On Jun 20, 2013
There is a Direct Top up (DTU) phone, a special customized phone that allows u recharge all networks. You can recharge as low as #50 and high as #50000. The phone allows you to recharge your clients/customers anywhere. You can even use it as a personal phone and still use it for your business. There is 5percent commission on recharges made on airtel, etisalat, mtn, multilinks, visafone and 6percent on glo. Its recharging made convenient.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by sekzy99(m): 5:36am On Jun 20, 2013
big-t:

sales of clothes, that is a good one there, you should know what your co-workers like, and must be able to predict so you wont go out of vouge in large!

Printing of recharge cards, this is a business i wont advise you to venture into or else you want a lillte profit - which is not the forecast of any aspiring business mogul!
Even if you try as much as possible not to recharge from your stock, your co-workers migght recharge on credit, and for every 1k voucher, is a 50 Naira gain. Within months, if you were unable to discipline yourself, it is all gone!!
Photography, thiis is another good one, especially when you are close to a photo lab where you can print at affordable prices. You can also boost your star and cut the costs by editing by yourself!
All you need is your digital camera, a memory card+USB card readerand a small laptop or desktop + ur phone, internet enabled! Get all these and you can print digital pictures at the rate of 30 naira per pix (@ least hat is the price here). However, someab owhers needs the presence of a photographer or else they will charge you more. This you can overcome by tipping off a photographer (most expecially, an apprentice) trying to print his own to add it up!! wink more coming...... cool
pls wre do u stay,am interestd in dat #30 per pic print out.tnks
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Simpson101(m): 5:57am On Jun 20, 2013
In my opinion, doing physical business as a full time worker results in loss of funds, your co-worker(s) are humans too, there's no how you won't sell on credit especially when you have quality goods, unless you want to end-use your commodities yourself.
Please, go make a visibility study on on-line business(s), especially the referrer ones. It sure works and pays, only if you put your mind to it, that's the is only business you can do at your leisure time even when you're dead-tired from the day's work, you can do it while relaxing, without needing to get anyone involved with your capital, you start with little and when you master it, then you can invest more...
Just like any other business, you win some you lose some, you might not gain as a first timer but I bet it, by your third attempt you will gain what you might have lost and the interesting thing is that you can start with as little as $10 (less than #1800) if you already have a laptop and an internet connection (with just 1 month subscription, your study can fetch you hundreds of thousands in naira) but if you don't these materials you can get with 50 to 60K Nigeria money. You only need commitment, perseverance and time (as in, the longer you stay in the business you bigger you grow) to make it online. Best of luck...
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by chumakk: 6:28am On Jun 20, 2013
frankobaba: How about setting up a laundry business...and employ some teens around to do the job on a part time basis for a reasonable Wage. And u can also sell some laundry items der too. Just a suggestion... Think BIG Bro
you can never do that business on part time

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by chumakk: 6:43am On Jun 20, 2013
There's no short cut. If you want to do business resign and do business. Even full time business person can fail within five years and many funny part time business don't work at the long run. My advise is to read business books first and conduct a sample online to see it effect before putting down the main money.
Before i go, i wonder how people can be working in a place without learning how that business works?
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Afamdman(m): 6:55am On Jun 20, 2013
Move your business online fully, collect payment from your customers in realtime while in the office, do you sell cloths, shoes, anything then tap into the over 40million nigerians online today. Sell your goods through mobile phones (everyone is online with their mobile phone these days) you don't have to open a physical shop to sell these days. Find out more here www.entouragemedia.com.ng/promo/promo.html or add pin:26A3CD1B for live chat.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Afamdman(m): 6:57am On Jun 20, 2013
Move your business online fully, collect payment from your customers in realtime while in the office, do you sell cloths, shoes, anything then tap into the over 40million nigerians online today. Sell your goods through mobile phones (everyone is online with their mobile phone these days) you don't have to open a physical shop to sell these days. Find out more here www.entouragemedia.com.ng/promo/promo.html or add pin:26A3CD1B for live chat.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by AdoOloro(m): 7:21am On Jun 20, 2013
adconline:
A big boy is not asking for a N200,000 idea. Big boy idea is how to invest N50-N100million. You are still warped in poverty idea. Ever wonder why coca cola, Pepsi and Coscharis are in "pure" water business? Start small and grow big!

You are clueless, popcorn and groundnut selling for someone who'll have only Saturdays and maybe Sundays to run things

Kindly read the OP's post again.

A full time employee in Nigeria, no matter his income, is a big boy who'll never sell groundnut. That is Nigeria.

Thanks for the insult anyway, we know your type.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 20, 2013
lawizle:

Can I as a medical doctor get d certification easily?
nope....u nid a pharmacist to register it fr u wt his licence (pharmacy shop) wc u hv to renew evry yr n pay d pharmacist yrly dependn on ur agreement...

U can open a drug store or a chemist or patent medicine store...u dnt nid a phrmacst licence fr such, but u cant sell some drugs....dt may limit d profit.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by naijacutee(f): 8:16am On Jun 20, 2013
BizBloke:

I guess he/she has to deal with 'trustworthy' okada men. For instance, if I borrow this idea and implement in the South East, I already have an Okada man and a Keke Napep guy to start up with. It's about knowing them and KNOWING them sha.

MsSantaClaus:

Sounds interesting, but are Okadas still allowed in Lagos? Unless I don't know what Okadas are!

Trust: It's all about managaing risk creatively. It's a small issue if you can just think creatively, and make a small allowance for loss due to this. Most companies here wouldn't have ever thrived, if they hadn't managed risk properly, as we live in a "quick-money-has-higher-value" culture". You can restrict the drivers in the first week to one item each time, and pay them on delivery. So when the go to pick up the parcel, count teir money in front of them and put it aside, in an envelope, and write their name on it. It might seem like a silly thing to do, but it will have a psychological impact.

If Okadas are banned, scale for Kekes, simple. That shouldn't be a deterrent.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by kayjegs: 8:20am On Jun 20, 2013
Check this links below for business ideas. I wont say more than that:

https://www.nairaland.com/1182280/funds-not-business-actually-need

or

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need

Have a nice day...
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by AjanleKoko: 8:24am On Jun 20, 2013
I'm surprised that OP is ruling out network marketing. I guess you are one of those people who don't like to 'market' people. Well, that is what business is all about, convincing people to buy stuff from you even when they don't want to.

Since you work full-time, trading of some sort is the best business for you. Start from your office buddies. Figure out what they like or want to buy often, and start selling to them. It could be as insignificant as recharge card.

Don't start with any business that requires you to hand over capital and assets to someone else to manage. Since you won't be available to supervise, be ready for a lot of pain and tears, as you will 8 times out of 10 get swindled of your profits. At the very best, the business won't be managed effectively at the onset, and you may end up wasting valuable funds to start with.

My 1.5 cents grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What To Know About The NNPC's $3billion Loan From Afrexim Bank / St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG / Reps Ask EFCC, ICPC To Arrest Mike Adenuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.