Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,253 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) (128931 Views)

Stepmum Ties 2-Year-Old Girl For Soiling Herself (Photo) / A Hilarious Question To A Man Or Woman That Has 10minutes Left To Tie The Knot. / Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Hourglass4real: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2013
adexsimply: Could you please show me any extravagance displayed in the wedding? is there something really ungodly in the settings ?
Lol, the Limo alone... It wld hav seemd normal mayb@ a celebrity,d cream d' la cream of d society or pulitical weddng buh Deeper life? No... vry unlike them...

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by omocheche(f): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2013
You no no say na deeper life setting we dey talk? u don ever enter the same vehicle with a deeper life member b4? that when u will no that u re terrible sinner lol.
adexsimply: Could you please show me any extravagance displayed in the wedding? is there something really ungodly in the settings ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2013
Human beings, what must be done to please you? If they no wear, you they complain heavily. When they wear, you still dey complain seriously. If the man did not attend the child's wedding now, you will still be the ones to stone him. Now, he attended joyfully, na still story story. This life sha. While Kumuyi may not totally agree with everything in that picture, wedding and even the church, there aree times one should simply step back/aside. If he use heavy hand, you will say he is legalistic, if he permit, it is still you that will say he compromise. i as a person highly commend the efforts of deeper life church at not holding on to traditions of men as doctrine. There are many churches with faulty practices that they hold on to because that is the tradition of their church, that is they way their founder taught it, and understood it. Humility is the ability to accept that you were wrong, and that Kumuyi has. Perhaps, the old standards are not wrong but you simply cannot force grown ups especially over flimsy issues. i've seen more extravagant deeper life weddings BTW. The deeper life churches in America use wedding gowns, wear hats etc, its not news or surprising except to those ignorant fellows like many on this thread who have 1975 notions of deeperlife.
Happy Married Life to the couple, they have been trained up in the way of truth.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by jude33084(m): 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2013
Pls allow ♍e To make τhis loud for All to read.
onyinye_nnenna: [size=15pt] I joined naira land just now cos I want to comment on this wedding picture my parents are deeperlifers and b4 u have a weddn in this church u must go tru a committe calld marriage committe full of hypocrites some of d tinz am aware of is high heels shoes for the bride is a sin, she must ty turban infact dis days some sisters put ribbon on d turban to make it modern,u must not buy ready made gown meaning it must be (cut and sew) no cake u hold bible istead of flower as the bride and u knw so many rules n regulation that drives many young members away the worst tin now is the guys in the church go outside to get married in oda church cos I no blame dem den no fit differenciate btwn (young sisters and old sisters)LMAO....infact many rules if I begin dey write al of una go scatter laff chai dis is the complete opposite of their wedd....some members perish as a result of lack of understandn
[/size]
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by omocheche(f): 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
Watin people dey talk and watin u dey talk sef?
Image123: Human beings, what must be done to please you? If they no wear, you they complain heavily. When they wear, you still dey complain seriously. If the man did not attend the child's wedding now, you will still be the ones to stone him. Now, he attended joyfully, na still story story. This life sha. While Kumuyi may not totally agree with everything in that picture, wedding and even the church, there aree times one should simply step back/aside. If he use heavy hand, you will say he is legalistic, if he permit, it is still you that will say he compromise. i as a person highly commend the efforts of deeper life church at not holding on to traditions of men as doctrine. There are many churches with faulty practices that they hold on to because that is the tradition of their church, that is they way their founder taught it, and understood it. Humility is the ability to accept that you were wrong, and that Kumuyi has. Perhaps, the old standards are not wrong but you simply cannot force grown ups especially over flimsy issues. i've seen more extravagant deeper life weddings BTW. The deeper life churches in America use wedding gowns, wear hats etc, its not news or surprising except to those ignorant fellows like many on this thread who have 1975 notions of deeperlife.
Happy Married Life to the couple, they have been trained up in the way of truth.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by onyinyennenna(f): 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
kissI can tell this wedding gown isn't cheap!! Well congrats to the couple and shame to those members who perish as a result of lack of understanding I guess they would start to adjust that their yeye marriage committee

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by onyinyennenna(f): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2013
omocheche: Watin people dey talk and watin u dey talk sef?
abeg make I hear word open ur eyes and see tinz berra I am sure u are a boy member of deeper life that's why u talking trash yimu*
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2013
careytommy:
That's exactly what i'm saying. He seemed to have given tacit approval
to the mis-interpretation of his teachings. If not, why didn't he
categorically make it clear.
I still thank GOD for that Rhythm 93.7 presenter in PH (I believe it was
Segun).
He often says if some thing generates arguments and doubts it's best to avoid it and focus ur attention on making heaven instead.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by modupsie(f): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2013
kufre2010: Deeper life members were not allowed to watch television but now they can watch. God is now a changing God.
almost fell of my seat with laughter.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
kufre2010: Deeper life members were not allowed to watch television but now they can watch. God is now a changing God.
halleluyah!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by bukatyne(f): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
success4: Many a busy body on NL. What is my business with the way she dressed? The member that follow leaders
blindly are to be blamed. I don't see Pastor Kumuyi's blame in all these. The marriage committee are
the main problem of deeper-life when it comes to wedding issue.

Are you telling me this couple had a different marriage committee?

Even if the members had erroneous beliefs about dressing and the wedding dress in particular, why couldn't the marriage committee educate them?

This is teach us to listen to God and not man.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by chizel: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2013
OlowoTee:
No, John is human. His father's righteousness wouldn't speak for him. And, until he repents, he is no different from every other church goers who do not have personal relationship with Christ.

I married in the Church and would never regret doing so...because my conviction isn't based on Church policies but Bible doctrines.

Really, it's understandable that to whom much is given much is expected, but Pastor Kumuyi cannot force his sons to be like him, right. At 72years old, he has lived an examplary life of Christ.. He has played his part and still giving his all. I would always RESPECT him as a Father and Mentor!

Everyone would definitely give account of his/her life to God. Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.

Esin baba ko le gboomo la. I wish I could translate this now..somebody help me

And if I may add, that wedding was modest.
@olowoTee,we are not trying to judge or conclude here about who will enter heaven or not but then I want you to cast your mind to the bible about what Christ refer to as hypocrisy,the bible also state that anyone who could not be able to take care of his family is an unbeliever,what am saying in essence is that doctrines of the church should not be made for some people and not for all,if there is anybody who should show the world where the deeper life stands in doctrine,that person should be pastor kumuyi and his household,eventhough a pastors son must not be judged on the conditition that his father is a pastor,but then if other members of the church should strictly adhere to the doctrines of the church as being teached by pastor kummuyi himself,I don't see the reason why it should be the pastors son that will violet such doctrines and his father the teacher and preacher of the doctrine should endorse of it,bcs for to have appeared in the pictures of the wedding shows that he was not against the wedding and all it's contents.again need I remind you that prophet Eli was a rightous man before God,but then he was not spared of the wrath of God on the day that God visited his children for their sins.if deeper life has decided that it's time for them to do away with some of their doctrines,they should come out openly and say it instead of telling us that eventhough all animals are equal,there are ones that are more equal than others,which is double standerd.the major problem the Christendoms in Nigeria are having today is the issue of not seeing anything bad in what our different churches do eventhough it runs foul of what the church preaches but will be in a haste to condemn the other which the person is not a member forgetting that Christ prayed that he wished that his body should be one,and Christendom is that body of Christ which our lord prayed that he should be one.a word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2013
yellowpawpaw: I never had interest on this topic but when I saw d traffic,my curiousity got d better part of me and I opened it.
(Rubs eye very well) what am I sawin? Somebody tell me its not deeper life wedding! Infact,will forward it to my deeper life friend and wait for her reaction.

Please do! I feel Mrs Love Kumuyi has just "opened" their eyes that it's not a sin to enjoy the good things of life provided you have GOD at the back of your mind and you enjoy them.

The background in the pictures depicts the wedding was held outside Nigeria(guessing Jamaica since her parents are based there).

The lifestyle of Nigerian christians is totally different from across the ocean christians.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by uglybetty: 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
Did she retouch her hair?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2013
Image123: Human beings, what must be done to please you? If they no wear, you they complain heavily. When they wear, you still dey complain seriously. If the man did not attend the child's wedding now, you will still be the ones to stone him. Now, he attended joyfully, na still story story. This life sha. While Kumuyi may not totally agree with everything in that picture, wedding and even the church, there aree times one should simply step back/aside. If he use heavy hand, you will say he is legalistic, if he permit, it is still you that will say he compromise. i as a person highly commend the efforts of deeper life church at not holding on to traditions of men as doctrine. There are many churches with faulty practices that they hold on to because that is the tradition of their church, that is they way their founder taught it, and understood it. Humility is the ability to accept that you were wrong, and that Kumuyi has. Perhaps, the old standards are not wrong but you simply cannot force grown ups especially over flimsy issues. i've seen more extravagant deeper life weddings BTW. The deeper life churches in America use wedding gowns, wear hats etc, its not news or surprising except to those ignorant fellows like many on this thread who have 1975 notions of deeperlife.

wise words.

maybe the couple are not deeper lifers, geez. The church doesnt look like a deeper life one.

as long as they are sound in the faith, its all good.

the wife is even a lawyer, i think, and i doubt deepers used to be in that field, unless something changed.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2013
the_ripper3: I was expecting to see an old volvo or beetle, alas, a limo from a Deeper lifer. What changed?

I'm sorry sir but thou art mean!
Old Vovlo, beetle? Hehehehehe
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by GTech1: 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
Few weeks ago Deeper life wedding pictures was shown on this platform (I believe the picture is on the front page of this thread now) people complained up to 7 pages. Now they changed and modernized it people are still complaining.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Thermythorpe(f): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
Jesu a r'ejo da angry

Who am i to judge?.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
dare2think: John was my ex school mate. Grace High School,
Gbagada. Whilst in school, we regularly quizzed him about the
not-watching-television doctrine his father mandated in those day.

Apparently, [size=15pt]John said they owned a television set in their
home[/size]. In those days, the dude was plumpy with a pear shape. I
remember once, he pointed me to the direction of a girl's breast telling
me they looked sumptuous.

My cynic foray into the irony called religion was birthed that very
day.
You mean he had wide hips tongue grin BTW being drawn to a girl's breast is a normal thing no matter how 'holy' his parents are.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by slimyem: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
onyinye_nnenna: I joined naira land just now cos I want to comment on this wedding picture my parents are deeperlifers and b4 u have a weddn in this church u must go tru a committe calld marriage committe full of hypocrites some of d tinz am aware of is high heels shoes for the bride is a sin, she must ty turban infact dis days some sisters put ribbon on d turban to make it modern,u must not buy ready made gown meaning it must be (cut and sew) no cake u hold bible istead of flower as the bride and u knw so many rules n regulation that drives many young members away the worst tin now is the guys in the church go outside to get married in oda church cos I no blame dem den no fit differenciate btwn (young sisters and old sisters)LMAO....infact many rules if I begin dey write al of una go scatter laff chai dis is the complete opposite of their wedd....some members perish as a result of lack of understandn
cheesycheesy
Definition of bondage.
I hope those committee are seeing this though..undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by stephenponti(m): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2013
Shebi na dis church made me abandon my Gold neckless years ago sote i couldn't find it any more, because they talk say na sin? God is watching.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by dare2think: 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2013
GTech1: Few weeks ago Deeper life wedding pictures was shown on this platform (I believe the picture is on the front page of this thread now) people complained up to 7 pages. Now they changed and modernized it people are still complaining.

Is it not funny that the best time to 'change' this happened when it was wedding of the Son of the Pastor?

Riddle me on that.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
success4: Many a busy body on NL. What is my business with the way she dressed? The member that follow leaders
blindly are to be blamed. I don't see Pastor Kumuyi's blame in all these. The marriage committee are
the main problem of deeper-life when it comes to wedding issue.
WORD!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by dare2think: 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
Vanneni: You mean he had wide hips :p grin BTW being drawn to a girl's breast is a normal thing no matter how 'holy' his parents are.

I know, he was a normal boy with 'worldly' traits, can't fault him on that. It was the Tv issue that got me. They had Tv when majority of the members were allergic to it becuase his dad may have instructed them. And yea, he used to be ..erm fat.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by ItoroHost(m): 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
To those of you screaming deeper life don't do this don't do that, i was born into deeper life , been attending the Church since 1986 and only stopped when i went to school, i attend other churches now but when i really want to hear the word of God and understand bible readings, i go to deeper life Monday bible study. Pastor kumuyi never said one should not watch television, he only said you should control watch you watch e.g if you are watching a movie with your kids and a love making scene comes up, how will you feel as a parent at that moment.
If you cant control what you watch, don't watch it at all - that's it.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2013
babyosisi: I rushed in to see her dressing
Chai
These people sef
See the way deeper life mandates their members to dress but Kumuyi's son is wedding and I see berra wedding gown makeup and earrings
Looks like the rules don't apply to the owners
The same way kumuyi married in a flash after his wife died but members have to wait on committees and years to go by before God approves the union

Bwahahahaha
Babyosis you knw go kii person with that pics o!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
I think the problem is that most deeper lifers like pleasing their pastor.i'm a deeper life member but i can't hide anything about myself,i don't care what anybody think about me and i don't see anybody being holy more than i am or less.As for the wedding,i am not surprised because i know i'm worshipping God and not any pastor and I AM A HUMAN BEING WITH EVERY HUMAN PSYCHOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS.HML to the couple.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by adexsimply(m): 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2013
omocheche: You no no say na deeper life setting we dey talk? u don ever enter the same vehicle with a deeper life member b4? that when u will no that u re terrible sinner lol.
I am a member..and I'm a freethinker

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by slimyem: 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2013
ItoroHost: To those of you screaming deeper life don't do this don't do that, i was born into deeper life , been attending the Church since 1986 and only stopped when i went to school, i attend other churches now but when i really want to hear the word of God and understand bible readings, i go to deeper life Monday bible study. Pastor kumuyi never said one should not watch television, he only said you should control watch you watch e.g if you are watching a movie with your kids and a love making scene comes up, how will you feel as a parent at that moment.
If you cant control what you watch, don't watch it at all - that's it.
I can agree.
I attended a deeper life sunday service over 5 years ago and I can tell you the sermon of that sunday is stuck in my head till date.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2013
kufre2010: Deeper life members were not allowed to watch
television but now they can watch. God is now a changing God.
grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by buklan4realyah(f): 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2013
There was a day a frnd of mine was invited for a programme at d church
my frnd went. They in praises section my frnd was singing nd dancing in d church,
could u bliv dat a ursher came to tell my frnd dat she shud mind d way she is dancing
dancing is not allowed she can only CLAP...

I laff tire as she was telling me**** laughing out seriously

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Willzkid(m): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ade, you see this is neither extravagant nor immodest, except in the eyes of some folks here who are more "deeper than kumuiyi"..
I love the deeper life church especially their stance on holiness, and personal relationship with God, but the "holier-than-thou" attitude of some members leaves much to be desired
I am strongly of the opinion that Pastor Kumuiyi is a genuine man of God with good intentions, but most of his members tend to read his words like letter without understanding the spirit behind it thereby giving room to the extreme interpretations that are rife therein.
Kenneth Hagin once noted that today's Christians find it hard to stay in the midway without compromising the faith or falling into the ditch of extremism and/or judgementalism- moderation being key here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.