Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,281 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. (5992 Views)

Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics / Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation / Fashola Inspects 70 Million Gallon Per Day Adiyan Water Works Expansion. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by tomakint: 8:54pm On Jun 21, 2013
ilugunboy:

Everything he writes is beclouded in complete emotion.....never any logical response whatsoever.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by Garrithe1st: 8:54pm On Jun 21, 2013
@Bloggernaija

Guy arrange yourself na...

angry
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by EkoIle1: 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
Garri the 1st: @Bloggernaija

Guy arrange yourself na...

angry

Seconded...

This is not about lagos and the burden is on them. It's not like we don't have what to knock them out with if necessary....but this is not our fight..
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by ujoinme: 2:08am On Jun 22, 2013
ALL along These was what the thread was about like i said ! showing true colors Eko na baje lol.next time just come out clean and do the bidding of your masters as youve been paid to do in the over 400 post you have made reporting on your ACN/ACP gov.mediocre achievments and dont bring Akpabio into it.
The true colors of the ANC/ACP paid laptop dogs.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by EkoIle1: 2:27am On Jun 22, 2013
ujoinme: ALL along These was what the thread was about like i said ! showing true colors Eko na baje lol.next time just come out clean and do the bidding of your masters as youve been paid to do in the over 400 post you have made reporting on your ACN/ACP gov.mediocre achievments and dont bring Akpabio into it.
The true colors of the ANC/ACP paid laptop dogs.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/318749_Direct_labourWater_jpg3c5a29c6a5b0c2ecf8e3419086427332[/img]

Akwa Ibom Budget = N530 billion

Katsina state budget = N114 billion

Apabio wor wor no be small grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by bloggernaija: 4:55am On Jun 22, 2013
redsquare: But seriously,why is it that most Yoruba peeps especially those on NL do not see anything good when it comes to development in other regions be it SS,SE,MB etc. This is not a case of party rivalry (ACN vs PDP) but a clear case of jealousy. I'm not trying to defend Akpabio (afterall the Water Project doesn't look World Class) but are similar projects in other parts of the country any better? Akpabio when compared to his contemporaries has done marvellously well and should be commended.

Can't you see that there is hardly even a middle class in akwa ibom to fight for akpabio's corner here on nairaland.
The fact is that the guys is running the state like a personal business.
His understanding of the word "development " is twisted upside down.
And even if there are ibomites on nairaland,many of them know in their minds that what we are saying is true.
Governance is not just about noise and roads.
It has a lot to do with the little stuffs you do not see everyday until you have to use.
I am rooting for the akwa ibom peopke pall the way but I dislike this apkabio guy
Whenever I hear him speak,i see the despot of Equatorial Guinea .same style ,same mentality ,
Same attitude.empty barrels. .
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by tsomething: 8:01am On Jun 22, 2013
bloggernaija:

Can't you see that there is hardly even a middle class in akwa ibom to fight for akpabio's corner here on nairaland.
The fact is that the guys is running the state like a personal business.
His understanding of the word "development " is twisted upside down.
And even if there are ibomites on nairaland,many of them know in their minds that what we are saying is true.
Governance is not just about noise and roads.
It has a lot to do with the little stuffs you do not see everyday until you have to use.
I am rooting for the akwa ibom peopke pall the way but I dislike this apkabio guy
Whenever I hear him speak,i see the despot of Equatorial Guinea .same style ,same mentality ,
Same attitude.empty barrels. .

Fight with pigs? Please we too sophisticated for such. When we see a thread sincerely seeking to know the development strides of Akwa Ibom , we would graciously help in promoting such cause with pictures. Non of us would glorify Eko Ile and this mischievous thread with pictures . He can rant from now till next year but it won't change the truth on ground and how the citizens and international community see their governor

And to even think that some people actually believe that the above pictures is all a government did in the area of water supply, shows how intellectually low they are because even the pictures clearly states mini-water works by direct labour.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by londoner: 9:13am On Jun 22, 2013
^^^^Until someone supplies the pics to the contrary, those of us in this thread who have never been to Akwa Ibom, will believe Eko Ile's pictorial account.

Why shouldn't we?

The fact that no one is coming up with pics ....only SUPPORTS Eko Iles case, actually.
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by ba7man(m): 9:37am On Jun 22, 2013
Someone should put @Eko ile to shame and post pictures to discredit him.....at least a link naa. Don't let him run amok on NL.
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by jjcbuthot: 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

They do of course, they are right below..

South Easterners and South Southerners are all becoming fraudsters... We need someone to put a stop to the ra.pe and impunity going on in these two regions.
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by lateef4me(m): 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2013
I'm a yoruba and I know only a dummy will take Eko ile serious ....Fact is Akpabio has performed below expectation but there are some SW governors that has not performed at all ..Go to Osun state and see the 'nonsense' AregbeRascal is doing there ....

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by rozayx5(m): 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2013
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by EkoIle1: 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
t-something:

He can rant from now till next year but it won't change the truth on ground and how the citizens and international community see their governor

And to even think that some people actually believe that the above pictures is all a government did in the area of water supply, shows how intellectually low they are because even the pictures clearly states mini-water works by direct labour.

What other truth exists on the ground that we don't know about or that Apabio himself did not proudly put on his website with his pictures?

Btw, those are not mini water works, they are boreholes and nothing but a sad refection of lousy leadership, incompetency and financial mismanagement of N530 billion budget..
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by ujoinme: 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2013
EKO OLE and ALL the ACN/ACP paid laptop dogs there are threads on nairaland that is exposing your paymasters.
Please run to their Rescue.lol am going to help you with the links:

https://www.nairaland.com/1333598/fasola-schools-lagos
https://www.nairaland.com/1333719/aregbesolas-schools-osun-o-state
https://www.nairaland.com/1333520/amosuns-schools-ogun-state

waiting for your responses. you better start looking for fresh material for you job is on the line!
lol, what goes around comes around!
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by ketoprofen(m): 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
eko ile, like i said before, we refuse to give in. Akpabio's achievements beat all the non sense mediocre tnz in the Sw, lagos not included (we all know y). i asked u to comment on Mokola bridge, u refused to. and u dare want to talk abt Akpabio's bridges and other structures. its only a foolish propagandist that will say these nonsense.

Next time, think before u decide to disgrace yourself, representative of the garri tribe
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by jjcbuthot: 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2013
ketoprofen: eko ile, like i said before, we refuse to give in. Akpabio's achievements beat all the non sense mediocre tnz in the Sw, lagos not included (we all know y). i asked u to comment on Mokola bridge, u refused to. and u dare want to talk abt Akpabio's bridges and other structures. its only a foolish propagandist that will say these nonsense.

Next time, think before u decide to disgrace yourself, representative of the garri tribe

Even without decent hospitals, schools and water for the people? I pity your brain... It is too dull.
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by ujoinme: 1:39am On Jun 23, 2013
provide answers to the questions on the STATE of ACN schools first very soon we will be delving into ACN HOSPITAL,WATER works and all the other parameters that you utilize for your propaganda!
we are going to showcase what ACN is Really doing in these regards.
So am giving you prior warning so you can prepare a befiting defence for your paymasters.
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by FSU: 2:09am On Jun 23, 2013
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/lagos-water-water-everywhere-non-to-drink/

Lagos: Water, water everywhere; non to drink
On March 25, 2013 · In Homes & Property
6:34 pm

BY OLASUNKANMI AKONI AND MONSUR OLOWOOPEJO, with Agency Reports

…Only 10 percent of residents access portable water…
“Cold pure water! Fine pure water!” shouts a girl hawking drinking water on the streets of Lagos, a bustling metropolis almost completely surrounded by water.

This shout echoes out in all towns and many villages across Africa’s most populous country and the continent’s largest oil producer.

These small cellophane water bags – unlike tap water – are readily available, and come chilled.

Water experts say that they are anything but pure, but that means nothing to the millions of Nigerians who have no access to good, clean water.

Lagos is the unofficial headquarters of the “pure” water industry and has many fans.

“It is neatly presented and easily available. In Lagos it is much more dangerous to take tap water than pure water,” an enthusiastic customer explains.
One of the waters in Lagos

One of the waters in Lagos

Detractors complain, however, that pure water producers – who are meant to drill boreholes and purify the water privately – pilfer the water from state water pipes.

Until some years ago, these pipes reached woefully few areas of the city.

But the chief executive officer of the Lagos Water Corporation, Olumuyiwa Coker, says things are slowly improving since he’s come to the helm of the state authority.

“Right now we have 50% coverage. We expect that in the next 10 years that should increase to between 70%-80%. What we inherited four of five years ago was really a sector that was virtually comatose,” he says.

Epileptic electricity
Lagos’s first potable water supply plant was established at Iju, more than 80 years ago. Today the city’s population – an estimated 20million – has far outstripped the production capacity of the Iju Waterworks.

So with only half the population having potable water – and that’s when the pumps are working – have state authorities simply being ignoring the problem?

Not more than 10 per cent of Lagos’s resident have no access to potable water

It appears not: a much bigger second plant to boost supply has been built at Adiyan, reputed to be the biggest in Africa. “This plant was commissioned in 1991 to produce 70million gallons per day,” Production Manager Mustapha Olajide Agiri says.

“Technically there is no problem. Our major constraint is with the power supply, as on average we only get about 16 hours a day.”
Lagos residents at a public water supply point

Lagos residents at a public water supply point

Indeed, at both Iju and Adiyan waterworks, it is the epileptic electricity supply from the national energy company that is hampering production and bumping up costs. They have to resort to diesel generators which, officials say, makes the production very expensive.

Money matters
As far as the public is concerned, however, the main water problem, apart from insufficiency, is its quality. But the production engineer at Iju Waterworks is adamant that his plant meets international standards.

“It has good stability and a pH of 7.0, which is one of the best in the world. The quality of the water we pump is comparable even with Europe,” Ehunmi said.

He explains that the colouring found in tap water in many areas is a result of contamination in the pipes laid by consumers to take the water into their premises.

The UN’s target to halve the number of people without safe drinking water by 2015 is something the Lagos Water Corporation is committed to, Mr Coker says.

“Essentially what it entails is increasing our infrastructure to probably twice the size it is now by 2015. But to do this, the corporation needs resources, which is unlikely to be forthcoming from the state government and other sources of revenue such as the participation with the private sector are being considered. We need between $1.8bn to $2bn in the next 10 years to actualise these goals”, he says

As in so many other sectors, it is the availability of funds that will eventually decide whether or not the people of Lagos beat poverty and get good, safe drinking water in 10 years’ time.

Government both at the Federal and State levels and the Private sector have been at the fore front of providing portable water for the populace. Nigeria Water and Sanitation Association, NIWASA, is the umbrella body for water Engineers and Sanitation expert in Nigeria.

At a stakeholders forum to sensitize residents of Lagos West Senatorial District, last week, the Technical committee for the development of the water supply and sanitation sector policy for Lagos state, disclosed that only 2.1 million out of about 20 million residents of the state have access to portable water daily. This represents some 10 per cent of the residents.

It is worthy of note that the state government, through the Lagos Water Corporation, LWC, has three major water works: Iju, Adiyan and Isasi works and 48 mini schemes scattered across the state. It has also completed the construction of the Ota-Ikosi Water Works that will be commissioned later in the year. When fully in operation, it is expected to increase the total installed water production capacity for the state to 900 million litres per day. These are expected to provide water sufficiently for 8 million residents of the state.

Over 70 per cent of houses in Lagos lack public water supply. The major source of water is through boreholes and wells while other residents patronises water hawkers, known as “Merua” who sell at exorbitant prices.

Those who can not afford them trek long distances to fetch water from public taps or get cheaper water vendors. One of the unwholesome practices is that in some cases desperate residents go for any burst water pipe, no matter the location to get water for their domestic needs. Some of the pipes are located in the gutters, refuse sites among others.

Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by ujoinme: 3:53am On Jun 23, 2013
^^^ over 70 percent of houses in lagos lacks portable water according to lagos state water cooperation, and ACN goons are talking about water works in Akwa ibom.
FSU na you biko,thanks for exposing this goons. Death to ACN propaganda.
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by ketoprofen(m): 8:47am On Jun 23, 2013
ujoinme: ^^^ over 70 percent of houses in lagos lacks portable water according to lagos state water cooperation, and ACN goons are talking about water works in Akwa ibom.
FSU na you biko,thanks for exposing this goons. Death to ACN propaganda.

THEY THINK they are talking to ppl that are not informative, or those that dont travel. whereas everybody knows that the yorubas hardly move out of their enclaves. nonsense. next tym they start this trype of thread....................
Re: Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. by wirinet(m): 6:43am On Jun 24, 2013
Kudos to Eko Ile, you opened our eyes to the sham going on in Akwa ibom in the name of developmental projects. It is amazing that Akwa Ibomites on nairaland cannot give us the pictures and location of the achievements of Governor Godswill Akpabio but only resort to insults, innuendos and personal attacks. Nigerians are completely blinded by Tribalism, religion and other primodial sentiments, so much so that we are happy to be ra.ped as long as it is done by my own person.

If someone wants to scrutinize the performance of fashola and other can governors' why not open a thread for that, instead of mixing up issues. please note that I am not a fashola supporter as I believe most of his "achievements are over exeggerated. The mini water works in Ikrodu is just addition of a bore hole and some aluminium tanks to an existing water works. But as I said this thread is about Akpabio and not Fashola.

The internet has given us the opportunity to confirm or dispel lies of "world class achievements" by our governments, so please use it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Detains Achike Udenwa Over N350 Million Election Fund / No Yoruba Group Has Congratulated Donald Trump / Hilarious Photo Of Tinubu Struggling To Shake Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.