Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion (19883 Views)

Angel Of Death Erupts From Chile's Volcano (photos) / Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children / hot-angel, nike4luv, Latoya - the bootylicious Nairaland girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Murphylink(m): 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
Many are born with the heart of valour for humanity. We don't need them to die & celebrate them I'm death only. It will be good if we can go out there & help the needy in our own little ways
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
DEATH
In the year 2009, death came knocking. She was travelling and a most unfortunate incident happened. The vehicle she was in was involved in a road accident. Mama Ekundayo, already old and frail, did not make it out alive. She was believed to be an octogenarian or a nonagenarian.

cry cry cry she's a better joyous place prolly lending more help.

She reminds me of my grandma that loves caring for every baby she sees kiss

Ekundayo - tears become joy

1 Like

Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Lordave: 11:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

cry cry cry she's a better joyous place prolly lending more help.

She reminds me of my grandma that loves caring for every IGBO baby she sees kiss
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Shittuakeem(m): 11:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
May almighty God grant her everlasting peace........ i love your legacy
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
what more can i say than for God to give me such features
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by burningspear(m): 11:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
What an inspiration and hope!

The best way to die is to die empty, having giving all fully to humanity and to the neighbourhood!

A timely essay! Good job Abiyamọ!

Rest in peace mama!

4 Likes

Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by AbuMikey(m): 11:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
Mama Ekundayo!!!
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Ojufemisamuel(m): 11:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
[quote author=misterh]wat a grt memories wen she was dere 4 some1 like me wen dere was no wia 2 go, in d year 1992,wen she adopted n took me as her own child, til d year 1993 mama 2ruly u'r a mother may ur soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by dabigwalls: 12:11am On Jun 26, 2013
I wondered what TY Bello sang about until I realised she was referring to the institution that Mama was. My deep respects ma. I will see you soon hopefully. Continue to rest Mama Mi. You lived, worthy of your breath.
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Ojufemisamuel(m): 12:22am On Jun 26, 2013
What a great memories when she was there for someone like me, when all road was closed and know way to go for me and she took and adopted me like her own son in the year 1992 til her death MAMA may your soul rest in percfet peace,a great mother crying n meditating on how she took me up with prayer and word of God thanks mama for your motherly advice.
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Ranchhoddas: 12:22am On Jun 26, 2013
Decryptor: Ok...so?
thunda faya...
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by firestar(f): 12:25am On Jun 26, 2013
embarassed sad
Special mightiness to those who lived a fulfilling life serving delicate beings like abandoned children.

She embodies the term 'beauty of the spirit...
Long after she's gone, her legacy remains.

Another lesson learnt.

Iya wura...

1 Like

Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 26, 2013
honeric01:

TY Bello.

Good people are not respected or recognized in Nigeria so no surprise here.

I had the Ekundayo song as my ringtone for 1 good year. Still have the song on my playlist.

May God give her soul eternal rest. Amen!
I'm listening to the song right now. I love the sound track smiley
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by flyforall: 1:13am On Jun 26, 2013
Now this is a woman worth celebrating
May your legacy live on MAMA EKUNDAYO

2 Likes

Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by aemmy: 3:57am On Jun 26, 2013
Wow! Just can't believe i read all that without missing any word(first time ever)......so inspiring..it doesn't matter hw she died.remember how Jesus died? The most important thing is that her soul be in peace.the accident can only affect the flesh....*prayin to God to give me too the grace* love u mama
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by johnnobles: 4:20am On Jun 26, 2013
Ojufemisamuel: What a great memories when she was there for someone like me, when all road was closed and know way to go for me and she took and adopted me like her own son in the year 1992 til her death MAMA may your soul rest in percfet peace,a great mother crying n meditating on how she took me up with prayer and word of God thanks. mama for your motherly advice.
wao even a nairalander was favoured by this same mama. She is a global philanthropy. I am inspired. Mama continue to rest in peace. , thanks for This piece, nl I hail o
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by biafranqueen: 4:46am On Jun 26, 2013
Wow beautiful Mama if we can all aspire to live such a life!
It is your deeds people will remember when you pass on what a legacy may her generations continue to be blessed by her good works!
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by cool318(m): 4:56am On Jun 26, 2013
Mama, Rest in perfect peace cos u have already found joy and happinness in d LORD.I pray every day for GOD to give me d resources to keep visiting the down trodden amongst us. Adieu MAMA
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by hayordelevic(m): 5:51am On Jun 26, 2013
She was indeed a great woman am so proud to also be from isanlu kogi state God bless ur soul mama ekundayo!
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 26, 2013
[quote author=Lordave][/quote]

leaveam she want make we believe say her grand ma too get same heart.......na lie jor grin grin grin grin
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by scholes23(m): 6:32am On Jun 26, 2013
Decryptor: Ok...so?

Don't blame u @ all cos ur level of reasoning is very myopic in nature. U don't even know how it feels to be an orphan or to be even abandoned.
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 26, 2013
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by scholes23(m): 6:43am On Jun 26, 2013
HARDEYLEKE: heartless
Ranchhoddas: thunda faya...

Don't mind him, that dude's brain isn't booting well @ all. They FLASHED his brain @ d computer village and he virtually lost everything that makes him reason like a human being
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by joeace2020(m): 6:48am On Jun 26, 2013
scholes23:

Don't blame u @ all cos ur level of reasoning is very myopic in nature. U don't even know how it feels to be an orphan or to be even abandoned.

Some people need to loose thier parents or guardians before they can ever understand tins lyk dis cause it beats me hollow how a normal human being will not appreciate such good works... Even an atheist that really ly doesn't give a hoot about relating it to God blivs its jst morally sickening not to appreciate good... Mama well done for what you have done for those children and this fellow nairalander ojufemi, Please tender your apologies to him decryptor or what trash ur name is

Heaven is celebrating you at this moment mama ekundayo and let it dawn on men that this is the reward for good gestures not following pastors..and donating millions for private jet purchase!

1 Like

Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by scholes23(m): 7:01am On Jun 26, 2013
A RARE GEM
A RARE RUBY
A HEART OF GOLD

Just name it. What other way can one qualify a woman with such qualities.

With people like this, there's no way in the world one can differentiate her with Mother Theresa.

But I know one thing for sure, apart from the fact that God is happy with her for answering her call to serve, she'll also be happy for living a fulfilled life and she's also among the number of saints marching.

Whenever we hear the calling of GOD, let's not be hesitant cos its a calling that would transform our lives and d lives of others.
MAKE THAT CHANGE......

RIP MAMA
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by bknight: 7:10am On Jun 26, 2013
Didn't know she had died shocked

RIP great small woman of the stars!
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by scholes23(m): 7:18am On Jun 26, 2013
bory09: K

Its not ur fault
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by abu12: 7:29am On Jun 26, 2013
RIP MAMA, may God continue to bless all the good legacy you left behind.

@ I always enjoyed your posts, good job dai, keep it up.
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by agog: 7:33am On Jun 26, 2013
It doesn't matter how we die. The most important thing is to live life well. I cried when I read her story. God bless Mama Ekundayo and grant her soul eternal repose.
idupaul: Where is the fairness in life if this woman had to meet her end in a motor accident , what happened to sleeping and not waking up
Re: Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion by Teegurlee(f): 7:39am On Jun 26, 2013
*singing in TY Bello's voice* Ekundayo sugbon emi ko Oluwa lo fun mi se. Mama Ekundayo was a rare gem.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning / High Death Rate On The Lekki Expressway / Police Arrest Rams For Attacking 65-Year-Old Woman In Ado-Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.