Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet (33712 Views)

1-Day-Old Baby Found In A River In Osun (graphic Photos) / Day-old Baby Found Inside Uncompleted Building In Ondo (pictured) / Baby Found In Moremi Female Hostel Toilet In OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2013
i shd believe this?? no comment lipsrsealed
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2013
Moi moi in Moremi hall at night? Hmmm there's still something fishy about the story. And the part that says "she disclosed
that she knew she was pregnant but
only confided in some of her friends and the father of the baby"

You can only hide a pregnancy that's under 4months... Any pregnancy above that doesn't demand confidence in anybody cos at that stage it's visible even to the blind...

Now am I missing something?
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by hayordelevic(m): 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2013
ManTiger:
Get well soon bro.
The father might even be a NLander.
Must you quote the whole story?
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by tpia5: 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
folks, move on to the lautech story, this one is a CAPITAL FAIL.

thank you for your time, keep it moving,bye.

Sorry it didnt work.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
kofsy: Moi moi in Moremi hall at night? Hmmm there's still something fishy about the story. And the part that says "she disclosed

You can only hide a pregnancy that's under 4months... Any pregnancy above that doesn't demand confidence in anybody cos at that stage it's visible even to the blind...

I know someone who also gave birth to a baby in the toilet and none of her friends in school knew she was pregnant as her stomach wasn't too big. Plus she always wore tshirts that were a bit big so no one suspected a thing.
I'll like to give this girl the benefit of the doubt regarding this story as I believe it would have been easier on her aborting the child than downright attempted murder by flushing. The pain and weakness may have caused her some confusion especially as she did not expect to give birth in the toilet of all places.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Policewoman(f): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2013
gbemies: THE ASSOCIATION OF CAMPUS JOURNALISTS
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, NIGERIA
PRESS ROOM: FAJUYI HALL, BLOCK 2 TOPMOST FLOOR
08057708415, 07061049145, 08137525158

PRESS STATEMENT

MOREMI BABY: THE UNTOLD STORIES AND HIDDEN REALITIES

Contrary to the news and gossips that went viral on the social media and newsprint publications about the gory incident of a female student who attempted ‘flushing’ a neonate at Moremi hall on Wednesday, 19th June, 2013 at around 6:52a.m; investigations have debunked the purported lies to expose the truth.

As gathered, Rotimi Oyinlola Diana, 22, is a 300L student of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development. The Omole estate student-resident in Mayfair explained that she was on campus on that day to squat with her friend for who resides in Moremi, Block B, room 103 for an examination she was supposed to have at 8a.m that morning.
Getting to campus late at night on Tuesday, it was learnt through the University’s Chief Security Officer (CSO), Mr. Paul Ogidi, that she could not immediately get herself something to eat but later resolved to buy beans cake within the hall premises.

Thereafter consuming the locally-made snack, Oyinlola complained severely of running stomach through the night and also urinated and stooled at regular intervals. She felt her stomach disorder owed to the fact of the bean cake (moin-moin) that she took the previous night.

At about eight minutes downside seven on Wednesday morning (6:52am), her roommates told her to get set so that she could be taken to the school health centre for proper medical care, which she consented.
The story, however, changed when she told her companion that she wanted to visit the toilet again. She was ushered to the toilet and told to get the roommates informed whenever she was through with the loo.
Oyinlola was in the toilet for several minutes and her friend, Shatope wondered was could have kept her that late at the loo. Shatope then decided to give Oyinlola a trail.
On getting to the toilet, Oyinlola had rationally locked herself inside- ‘for privacy sake’- but blood was seen flowing on the floor. Shatope, who was very scared on noticing this, called Oyinlola to know if everything was alright but all Oyinlola could say was that she (Shatope) should come inside to assist her. Shatope couldn’t enter the toilet because it had been locked by Oyinlola, who never knew she was on her way to deliver of her first child. In fact, she was at that moment very weak and could not make any move nor open the door. At this time, Oyinlola had delivered her baby boy inside the toilet.

Few minutes later, the attention of the hall cleaners at the block were called by the cries of the baby. They came to Oyinlola’s aid; who fainted shortly after she delivered the baby.
The two cleaners, Mrs. Shipebi Grace and Mrs. Cecilia Ologbenla explained that they forced their way into the toilet to salvage both the new-born baby and the mother.
They affirmed that: ‘she was not in any way attempting to kill the baby”.

In an interview with the Director of the University Health Services, Dr. Adebayo Irinoye said: “The girl and the baby are feeling very fine and the parents of the girl are around to also take care of their daughter and the new baby.

Irinoye explained that such case is not new because there have been so many instances of patients’ delivery in the toilet. ‘I guessed it was inexperience because she obviously was not aware of her due date which medically would have been July”. Dr.Irinoye, however said the baby was not delivered prematurely.
In a similar reaction, the Chief Security Officer, Mr. Paul Ogidi said: “She was not attempting to flush the baby, but, looking at the circumstances surrounding the birth of the child, one is likely to think it is so. When I visited the Health Centre this morning (Thursday, 20th June), she was in a good spirit; breastfeeding her baby. If she had the intention to kill or flush the baby, she would have aborted it a long time ago”.
Meanwhile, in an exclusive chat with the lady, Oyinlola Rotimi at the University Health Centre, she disclosed that she knew she was pregnant but only confided in some of her friends and the father of the baby, who is a Mechanical Engineering student of the Ivory tower (name withheld).

“Why would I flush or kill my baby after going through the pains of carrying it for good nine months. I’m not heartless and I thank God for my life and the safe delivery. I know God has the best for me and my baby. I seriously appreciate the cleaners for their help because I got here (the health centre) before I could understand everything that happened to me but now, I’m happy I’m alive and my baby is alive too” Oyinlola concluded.

We hereby appeal to the University community to lay aside religious sentiments and rift that might have erupted due to this incidence but embrace the spirit of oneness and consciousness to maintain the University’s lofty heights; as we shall continue to ‘Assert the Strength of the Pen, anywhere and anytime.’
SO IN CONCLUSION, THE BABY WAS BORN INSIDE A LATRINE TOILET? Ok.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Cashio(m): 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
She get belle,we no see...she enter toilet,she shout shout we no hear...she born pikin we no knw.....wch kin drama be dis one

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Policewoman(f): 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
There is still apart of this story I find suspicious. If her intention was not to harm the baby, why did she not tell her parents that she was pregnant, only to confide in the BABY PAPA and few friends? Knowing her fragile state, why did she not opt to go to hospital when she noticed the strange diarrhea? Why did she agree to be taken to hospital, only for her to lock herself up for a couple of minutes, bearing in mind her near to delivery state? All the same, we thank God the baby is safe. This is a big lesson to kids to always confide in their parents whenever they find themselves in such a state.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Fhemmmy: 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
Wish her and the baby the best . . .
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
I for one believe the story. People are always looking for who to judge or who will make a mistake to show that they are better off.
If a reputable school paper has brought out a story to debunk all the 'rumours' and 'eye witness' accounts, why won't I believe it especially as they must have done their due diligence investigations?even among all the 'eye witness' accounts I read a few which were in line with what the paper is reporting. Yet all people want to know is the one that puts the girl in a bad light just cause its juicier.
Even the Chinese one that happened, it was later found out that it was a mistake and the mother was the one who called for help so no charges were laid. When you read an initial story, look out for the follow-ups and stop making judgements based on just the surface.

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by tpia5: 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
super story, save the lecture for your fellow gullibles.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by DisGuy: 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2013
This is an over kill!!! and very poor job, we can see where some of our journalists got their work experience from!

there was an explanation in the punch newspaper already

and if there really care about their students reputation i wonder why they spread their name- dad and mum all over the newspapers!
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by DisGuy: 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2013
We hereby appeal to the University community to lay aside religious sentiments and rift that might have erupted due to this incidence but embrace the spirit of oneness and consciousness to maintain the University’s lofty heights; as we shall continue to ‘Assert the Strength of the Pen, anywhere and anytime.

so OAU students also take part in religious brouhaha, big shame
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Natasha2(f): 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2013
I believe this version
I dont see how the baby would have been flushed anyway lol *big shIt*
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Burger01(m): 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2013
wisdom-w:
Story! Story!! Story!!! Chattn wit my rite hand while vaseline is on my left

SICK!!!

SMDH.

sad
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by dahmie2013: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2013
Thank God for her. This saddens me, pray God wont give me a child dat will do this kind of thing. U send ur child 2 skool 2 read, she gets pregnant and starts giving birth in the toilet. Why d rush 4 heaven's sake, she is just in 300L, just 22yrs, cant she wait till she gets out of school? Now she starts breastfeeding, then her studies will be affected cos she wont even concentrate, the boy will continue his studies and make good grades even. Her life will just be put on stand still just becos of raising a child. Wat is d probability she'll marry this boy, he's not even a working class, but a student that will still have 2 hustle after school and will first think of catering for himself b4 thinking of one child. May God help us o!

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Burger01(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2013
Rumor mongers are mostly found on Nairaland. No investigation, no confirmation. Any hear say makes front page on NL. Now, we have the confirmed story from the school authorities.

sad

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by DisGuy: 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
Burger01: Rumor mongers are mostly found on Nairaland. No investigation, no confirmation. Any hear say makes front page on NL. Now, we have the confirmed story from the school authorities.

sad

nairaland should investigate stories published in National newspapers? perhaps if the school wasnt sleeping on duty, the story would have been dead from day 1
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by AbuMikey(m): 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
ZACHIE:

You people are so wicked!!
What pleasure does it give you seeing another citizen go down?
You have all come to see nothing good in the next person;all that remains inside us as Nigerians is evil.
How sad.
If that girl was your sister, will it suit your pull her down mind to see her destroyed?

There is evil in the land but it is not as bad as you are making it look.

In your warped PHD mind, what is the circumference of a University toilet bowl to permit the flushing of a neonate?
Na human being we dey talk not be big shiit which is what .......
Effect of Codein!!!

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by buoye1(m): 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2013
wisdom-w:
Story! Story!! Story!!! Chattn wit my rite hand while vaseline is on my left
Vasline for wat?Are u masturbating?
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Orikinla(m): 3:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
Dear THE ASSOCIATION OF CAMPUS JOURNALISTS of OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY.
You cannot even write a good report?

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by tpia5: 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2013
association of twenty goats on okada crew and mountain of eba scriptwriters aka pay per headline.

nothing to do with OAU.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
Jarus: Good clarification job, ACJ Ife.

Our Great Ife shall never perish.
Amen.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2013
Though not disputing the story as a whole, Some clear questions i cant seemingly avoid to ask are,

1) Women have two holes around thier waist, one for poo and the other for fuccking which also serves as a channel for child delivery, if she was in the toilet to poo as a result of running stomach (as claimed by her), and instead of an object rolling out of the shi.t hole as it was supposed to be, but it was rather rolling out from the hole that serves as a channel for child delivery, how come at that time she didnt know it wasnt poo she was pooing but was rather in labour?

2) Why didnt she raise alarm immediately she noticed it?

3) Why did she not expose the pregnancy to every body as it was supposed to be but confided it to just some of her friends?

4) Is pregnancy somthing to hide?

Abeg this story get capital 'K' leg. But sha, i thank God she and the baby are doing well. That's most important!

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by drnairalov: 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
Shollypopz: That's true oo

Seun (the owner of NL) also graduated from OAU with a degree in Computer Science I think...

That school must be among the best in Nigeria smiley

Shollypopz
Uphpolding intelligence by voting the MIT guy- Ekwah

but i heard seun is a drop out!!! left school to take care of is baby Nairaland then..not sure how true tho
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
kofsy: Moi moi in Moremi hall at night? Hmmm there's still something fishy about the story. And the part that says "she disclosed

Hei! Don't say what u don't know. Some first preg don't show at all. Only that u will be told so so and so has put to bed.

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Fhemmmy: 3:20pm On Jun 21, 2013
RedBenson: Though not disputing the story as a whole, Some clear questions i cant seemingly avoid to ask are,

1) Women have two holes around thier waist, one for poo and the other for fuccking which also serves as a channel for child delivery, if she was in the toilet to poo as a result of running stomach (as claimed by her), and instead of an object rolling out of the shi.t hole as it was supposed to be, but it was rather rolling out from the hole that serves as a channel for child delivery, how come at that time she didnt know it wasnt poo she was pooing but was rather in labour?

3) Why did she not expose the pregnancy to every body as it was supposed to be but confided it to just some of her friends?

Abeg this story get capital 'K' leg. But sha, i thank God she and the baby are doing well. That's most important!

Till we walk in her shoes and be in her head, we will all continue to assume with all the "What If" and "Why" with so much "How come"

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2013
GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKIWE JONATHAN, WHY NA?

WHAT HAS SHE DONE TO DESERVE THIS?
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2013
RedBenson: Though not disputing the story as a whole, Some clear questions i cant seemingly avoid to ask are,

YOu and your ignorance once again
Sounding like a 13 yr old kid

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by Mobsync(m): 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2013
I also think the lady's telling the truth.

Natasha,,:
I believe this version
I dont see how the baby would have been flushed anyway lol *big shIt*

big shit ke? A baby was recently flushed in China.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet by ZACHIE: 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
Abu Mikey: Effect of Codein!!!
diaphragm lets out a mighty yawn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toheeb Olalekan Ajibola Is Missing Since November 7th 2015 / 10 Signs The Man Wooing You Has Another Woman/ May Be Married / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.