Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent (12633 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by tutu1: 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2013
You had an error of omission and next thing you do is to come up and say the embassy is incompetent its was a human error, all you needed to do was call back, anyway I know things are not as bad as you say in those embassies please stop spreading false and Negative news
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2013
lafflaff123:

Finally after seeing this your write up I am AUTHORITATIVELY calling you a liar.

Nigeria Consulate in Atlanta is bad? liar. You are fond of writing stuff on the pages of Nairaland just because you want to write. I have written about the Nigerian House in Atlanta before, and honestly if not for the fact that its says Nigerian. I would not believe that place is run by Nigerians.

My two dealings so far with them(Applied for visa on a Thursday my passport was in the mail Saturday/renewed my Nigerian passport for official purpose and 3 days later I received it) and both times I was there, it was less crowd, less noisy and honestly very well mannered staff.

You are the first I am seeing, ever complaining about them, and again this has led me to believe you have never been there and like your other write UPS wants to FEEL among by claiming something you have never experienced.

He may not necessarily be lieing. I had a good experience with them as well but not everyone does. I know people who went there and it was packed. When i went there, i was the only one so i guess they had no reason to act up.
Overall i think ATL has the best reputation when it comes to naija embassies in the states. That's not to say they don't have flaws. Everyone knows the NY embassy is just an extension of Lagos Island Mama Put.. pun intended

3 Likes

Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by touchmeder: 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2013
Dont mind them. Do you know how many times they ruined my name on public documents even in NIGERIA MY DEAR COUNTRY. All my days at the university, my name was wrongly spelt. exam paper,school id card,results you name it. i kept on correcting and filling unending correction forms every blessed level i entered. Finally when the certificate came out guess what wrong name again. I wept like a baby that day and just sat outside their office crying loudly cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy (oh i had to show that document the next day or else i would not have gone for my NYSC) Kai i suffer that time sha. Oh may we not have issues with important documents having k leg in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by bokohalal(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2013
My advice is to call before going to the High Commission,Embassy or consular office,let them know what you are coming to do,ask the requirement(s) and fix a date convenient for you and them. That was what I did.From what I have heard from others here in Canada my experience was unique.
I had a very professional encounter with the consular officer. It had nothing to do with my first name (still cannot hold a conversation in Yoruba though I get the gist) nor my profession (which some people attribute my experience to). No envelope was pushed as well. Just a Nigerian doing his bit for Nigeria.
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by bokohalal(m): 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
Siga: Bro, sorry to hear .... but I dont think you need that doc to drive bro... if you are trying to use it to show your driving experience to earn full G, u dont need it or for lower insurance...Im just curious cos I hardly hear anyone apply for that thing oooo....
I tire. Bros should have asked around and people will show him shortcut.
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by CONSTAINE: 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2013
Stromae: Last month I had to get an endorsement letter from the Nigerian Embassy in Ottawa, Canada to submit to the Canadian government. The document (Driver's License Endorsement) is quite a common request for the embassy as most adult Nigerians require the document to easily drive in Canada. Unfortunately, the document is a devoid of any significant security feature, making it look like something a person could come up with only using his laptop and standard HP printer.

According to the embassy website it should take a maximum of two weeks to receive the document after applying, but in my case it took a whole month, neverminding all that, the real problem was when I finally received the document my name was misspelled. I failed to understand how my own government could screw up their own citizens name in a document intended for foreigners or at all for that matter. The fact that I submitted my passport Info page, nigeria drivers license, Canadian visa, bank draft paying for it, all documents having my correct name on them, also seems to be irrelevant to them.

I submitted the document to the Canadian government as it was, because I was too upset and frustrated to seek a correction. Rather lettting the Canadian Special Investigations Unit look into the document and contact the embassy concerning its authenticity.

It's just amazing that after all the time I've been in foreign countries I have never had any error made on my documents or information and yet the first time I have to do business with a Nigerian embassy abroad it ends up with a serious blunder. My own country!!

I dont understand you guys,you tarnish the image of your country everywhere you find yourself.Despite you got your document in one month.This is not a topic to gossip about,from the way you talk you are not a Nigerian residence in CANADA,
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
Phew nigeria never disappoints. Few weeks ago I travelled to CANBERRA for a 2day course and thought to myself, hey I might just renew my Nigerian passport there since I was going there anyways. The day I got there see my fellow Nigerians waiting, one woman said she'd been going there for over a week and still nothing. One man travelled all the way from Perth but was told their picture taking machine had broken down since 2 weeks.i I walked up to a woman at the reception area and told her what I was there for, the way she replied me sef, like I was one leper coming to her for help......"ehen what kind I do for you?" ...... Whatever happened to "customer service"? Anyways I replied and told her what I came for and she took the passport off me and gave me one big lecture on how my passport has expired for years and bla bla bla and how I did not care cos if I did I would have renewed it. I just looked at her and told her to give me back the passport, she gave it back to me and I said to her.....you are sick, you need help., psychiatric help...and I just walked away.
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
CONSTAINE:

I dont understand you guys,you tarnish the image of your country everywhere you find yourself.Despite you got your document in one month.This is not a topic to gossip about,from the way you talk you are not a Nigerian residence in CANADA,

I never knew Nigeria still had any image left to tarnish??

2 Likes

Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by justwise(m): 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
lastpage:
True dat!
Nigerian Embassy staff, all over, are the worst form of "representation" Nigeria can put forward.

So, lazy, so incompetent, rude, corrupt ....and you can use every bad appellative you can find to describe them.

Some years back, my Passport was about to expire (and the Residency permit on it as well, though the residency permit letter still had about two years to elapse), so l called them that would they extend the "date on the Passport" since it still has a lot of unused pages or should l come for a new one all together?

The Lady suggested that l come for a new one (which l dont mind) but that the "process is booked-up for the next six months"! shocked shocked
I reminded the lady that l dont have six months (it will expire in two months time, which l thought was enough notice?) and maybe they should just endorse this one and we can then think about a new one in due course.

Embassy Lady insisted that l must apply for new one and it wont be available inthe next six months because their is "heavy cue" of six months! shocked shocked

I was so frustrated that l bought a return Ticket to Nigeria, and within Two weeks, l was back to my base with a New Passport! wink wink

But hey, dont blame them, l mean these embassy staff.
They are only where they are because maybe one "Oga-at-the Top" is sleeping with her (sexual favor) or as a political favor. kiss kiss
It has nadda to do with qualification and competence.
You cant give what you dont have, right?
wink

Did l hear somebori mention 'Chema Chikwe' and OBJ in the same statement?
Maybe it was my imagination!
grin grin grin

Lastpage!

You called them all the names under the sun because they refused to bend the rules to satisfy your request?
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by loveberry: 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
Go Warsaw or Berlin. You go love Canada own
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
Berlin is Terrible
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by Diasporan(m): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
The Nigerian embassy in Atlanta is much worse...bad customer service..rude employees......I remembered calling the one in new york...after being on hold for like 20 minutes this lady picked up...and i asked her is this the Nigerian embassy....she was so rude she asked me where did i call?...before i could ask her a question...she hung up.....I just forgot about the money i already sent them...and went to the Ghanaian embassy instead.....it took me 5 minutes to get a visa......
Bro just tell us you just want to comment for commenting sake and you have nothing meaningful to say cause from your comment above you were just full of pride that is why you didn't bother to call back but instead decipated your energy in going to get a Ghanian visa.What a shame on a Nigerian who still come to NL to criticize the Government and still speak as a patroitic citizen in Diaspora.If really the event occurred Which Atlanta Nigerian Embassy are you talking about if i may ask?That is the best Nigerian consulate in the US.That is the only embassy you can apply for a Passport and in some occasion get it same day.People travel from all parts of the country to that place simply because of the high level of competency.I am a regular caller at the Washington DC office and the place seems okay but people still prefare ATL consulate to DC because of how they get things done quickly.
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by deniyor: 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2013
I had to pay a bribe just to get my e passport about 11 months ago. This was despite paying $700 air fare to Ottawa, hotel expenses and other associated costs. It was pretty annoying but I needed the passport for my Canadian Papers. Quite a disgrace they are.
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2013
lafflaff123:

Finally after seeing this your write up I am AUTHORITATIVELY calling you a liar.

Nigeria Consulate in Atlanta is bad? liar. You are fond of writing stuff on the pages of Nairaland just because you want to write. I have written about the Nigerian House in Atlanta before, and honestly if not for the fact that its says Nigerian. I would not believe that place is run by Nigerians.

My two dealings so far with them(Applied for visa on a Thursday my passport was in the mail Saturday/renewed my Nigerian passport for official purpose and 3 days later I received it) and both times I was there, it was less crowd, less noisy and honestly very well mannered staff.

You are the first I am seeing, ever complaining about them, and again this has led me to believe you have never been there and like your other write UPS wants to FEEL among by claiming something you have never experienced.

Holy Shiiit what is wrong with you people? you realized i used the I.. am talking about my own experience why are you getting to hurt?...so you been waiting to call me a liar? what exactly have i lied about? and why are you taking this so personal....Shame on you shaking me head...
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
Diasporan:
Bro just tell us you just want to comment for commenting sake and you have nothing meaningful to say cause from your comment above you were just full of pride that is why you didn't bother to call back but instead decipated your energy in going to get a Ghanian visa.What a shame on a Nigerian who still come to NL to criticize the Government and still speak as a patroitic citizen in Diaspora.If really the event occurred Which Atlanta Nigerian Embassy are you talking about if i may ask?That is the best Nigerian consulate in the US.That is the only embassy you can apply for a Passport and in some occasion get it same day.People travel from all parts of the country to that place simply because of the high level of competency.I am a regular caller at the Washington DC office and the place seems okay but people still prefare ATL consulate to DC because of how they get things done quickly.

So its my fault for no calling someone who hung up on me back? i dont understand you....am speaking about my own experience...why are you getting so hurt? Shame on you man...

1 Like

Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2013
Nig embassy in Paris is the best kiss

Passport takes less than a week but i got my daughters one same day.....

My daughter just gave them a smile and they had to get hers same day cheesy
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by CoenzymeA: 8:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
Diasporan:

Please let him express his displeasure about the sorry state of our Embassies all over the world. Maybe by this something will be done concerning them. Ironically, 2 weeks ago I met an American lady who complained bitterly about the way she and her sister were treated at one these Embassies on different occasions(I've forgotten which- NYC or Atlanta). She has roots in Nigeria and visited there when she was 15 years. Now, she is married and wants to bring her kids for a visit in Nigeria but was met with a rude shock at the embassy. Before meeting me, the poor lady had held the notion that she did something wrong to the woman that attended to her, until I told her it is their usual behaviour.
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by BlueMagic2(m): 4:32am On Jun 22, 2013
When the head is incompetent, how do u think the whole body is gonna be like
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by whitecat007: 6:45am On Jun 22, 2013
You my friend are the liar here if you are talking about the Nigeria Consulate on Roswell Rd in Sandy Springs. You are the first person who has said something good about this place, makes me wonder if you work or know someone there. Some Nigerians in Atlanta have even gone as far as on TV to complain about what goes on at the embassy and my humble self once had a row with them.

lafflaff123:

Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by whitecat007: 7:00am On Jun 22, 2013
If that is the best Nigeria consulate, then Nigeria is in deep trouble

Diasporan:
Bro just tell us you just want to comment for commenting sake and you have nothing meaningful to say cause from your comment above you were just full of pride that is why you didn't bother to call back but instead decipated your energy in going to get a Ghanian visa.What a shame on a Nigerian who still come to NL to criticize the Government and still speak as a patroitic citizen in Diaspora.If really the event occurred Which Atlanta Nigerian Embassy are you talking about if i may ask?[b]That is the best Nigerian consulate in the US.That is the only embassy you can apply for a Passport and in some occasion get it same day.People travel from all parts of the country to that place simply because of the high level of competency.I am a regular caller at the Washington DC office and the place seems okay but people still prefare ATL consulate to DC because of how they get things done quickly.[/b]
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by moonraker(m): 8:57am On Jun 22, 2013
mileage varies i guess?? Embassy in tokyo isnt bad at all.. but then again, i havent been there since 2008.
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by Diasporan(m): 9:22am On Jun 22, 2013
whitecat007: If that is the best Nigeria consulate, then Nigeria is in deep trouble

Bro when last did you go there?Things are no more as it use to be.I believe after much criticism by Nigerians and others about the poor services both online and through writing that in ATL and DC have stepped up.Can't vouch for that in New York
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by try69: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2013
9ja never ceases to amaze me.

Then when E-passports was just introduced in 9ja, I left benin for ibadan to do mine because it was done in only 3 centers then (Abuja, Lagos and Ibadan). The crowd was much so they came an officer to address the crowd and behold the dude was addressing Nigerians waiting on services in Yoruba grin cheesy
I challenged him from the crowd and he told me to ask my neighbor if I cannot comprehend, I was like Wtf cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 22, 2013
CrazyMan: Its everywhere bro...Most corpers have bitter experiences in regards to this issue.

The problem Nigeria is facing is a National one...From our leaders at the top, to the common man on the street…we simply can’t get things right that’s why this nation has remained the way it was since 1960.

Bruh, nysc was simply horrible.

Smdh.
Re: Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent by KayDee4: 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2013
Na wah for people calling others "liars" for sharing their personal true life experiences. That you had it good doesn't mean it happens that way all the time.

Personally, I had a horrible time with the ATL consulate involving over 3 months of misinformation (on their website and by individuals at the consulate), unanswered phone calls and insolence when they do, unreplied emails (till date) but they made up for all that when I eventually went down there, I got good service (I was almost being pampered) and my passport was promptly delivered.

The NIS website till today still says

" All Standard passports have a life span of 10 years with an initial validity of five (5) years."

which is totally misleading. I pointed this out to them and all they could say was, "disregard the information on our website".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? / *** General Croatian VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / NRC to test run Lagos-Abeokuta rail line early February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.