Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

IE8 Problem, Please I Need A Solution To This (RESOLVED) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / IE8 Problem, Please I Need A Solution To This (RESOLVED) (720 Views)

Solution To Sms Sending Failed Unit (bulk Sms Website) / How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] / Picture Of My Hacked Site And How I Resolved The Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IE8 Problem, Please I Need A Solution To This (RESOLVED) by dansmog(m): 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
hi, please i need the solution to this problem..
the place where i typed in "this stuff here contains images of social networks" displayed differently in IE8 from other browsers.

i fixed a height:15%; and border-bottom:1px solid grey (just to debug and see how big it will be), but this did not work in IE8 at all and it work fine in the other ones. (ff, chrome and opera).

please i need a solution to this. thank you all.

the first image is for IE8
while the second is FF

edit: this question has been answered. Thanks to graphicsplus.

Re: IE8 Problem, Please I Need A Solution To This (RESOLVED) by dansmog(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
sorry for the big image, i should have just reduced it, it looks to big on pc.
Re: IE8 Problem, Please I Need A Solution To This (RESOLVED) by yawatide(f): 9:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
Can you upload the actual code somewhere? Base on the image, it could be anything (margin, padding, height, etc)
Re: IE8 Problem, Please I Need A Solution To This (RESOLVED) by dansmog(m): 10:17am On Jun 22, 2013
sorry i couldnt post the codes... anyways the mistake is from me.

i used <nav> which is a html5 tag and is not supported in older browsers of IE and some others.

so i found the solution online to use html5shiv.
Re: IE8 Problem, Please I Need A Solution To This (RESOLVED) by yawatide(f): 11:27am On Jun 22, 2013
Cool. Modify the title of this thread by adding, "resolved" so ppl don't visit it, expecting the issue is unresolved wink
Re: IE8 Problem, Please I Need A Solution To This (RESOLVED) by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:54am On Jun 22, 2013
Again, you can still use your <nav>. Then go to your css and do this:

nav, header, article, aside, section, footer{
display:block
}

Then paste this in your html head:

<script>
document.createElement('header');
document.createElement('nav');
document.createElement('section');
document.createElement('article');
document.createElement('footer');
</script>
Re: IE8 Problem, Please I Need A Solution To This (RESOLVED) by dansmog(m): 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Again, you can still use your <nav>. Then go to your css and do this:

nav, header, article, aside, section, footer{
display:block
}

Then paste this in your html head:

<script>
document.createElement('header');
document.createElement('nav');
document.createElement('section');
document.createElement('article');
document.createElement('footer');
</script>

thank you graphicspalace
Re: IE8 Problem, Please I Need A Solution To This (RESOLVED) by yawatide(f): 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2013
^^^ A lot of javascript...

(1) (Reply)

The Science Of Sim Card. / How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? / I Will Pay You $5 For Just Downloading.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.