Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (104191 Views)

Poll: Can a woman wear trousers without disobeying the bible?

Yes: 76% (81 votes)
No: 23% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? / Born Again Christian Women Wearing Make-up, Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by nijerbabe(f): 1:03am On Jun 03, 2006
@ reverend, u need help o. But anywais,

accoding to Deut 22: 5 (go read it if u wanna), ofcourse, it doesnt say trouser or skirt, blouse or shirt, e. t c. As far as i understand, dat verse talks abt anything that has been categorized for a gender shldnt be worn by the other gender but then, the pants females wear are made specially for female and i dont c anything wrong in that. if they can make special skirts for men too ( will be kinda weird tho'), then why not?? let them wear it and i dont think that would be a sin either as long as it is made like i said, specially for them.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by ikamefa(f): 2:53am On Jun 03, 2006
listen @goodguy i am simply expressing how i feel on this issue because i didn't quote bible verses does not mean i can't express ma self on this thread,several points have been raised concerning this issue that i simply agree with,there is no use overburdening the issue.
my personal views are women should/can wear trousers.what matters most  is what is in your heart (evil or good)
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by vickybabe(f): 4:18am On Jun 03, 2006
wearing trousers does not have anything to do with the bible

it is what we experience from the weather

i know many peopel from nigeria don wear until they go out of the country

abi who wants to freeze to death.

so to mii its is weather, God will forgive all of us, even if it is in the bible.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by bolex(m): 1:38pm On Jun 03, 2006
no BIBLE STORY in this one

you do not need bible to support whetever unless you wanna complicate issues

The problem of women is far worse than trousers

the trousers they are seem like they want you to come right now and give it to them good

so . . .

we do not need bible to say anything

some gals wear trouser and it looks good on them

but they gotta wear it decent

not in a silly way

what has bible got to do with trousers anywayz

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by ldollier(f): 2:21am On Jun 06, 2006
well, i had a similar thread like this before. well after much research i fiqured that it is not biblical for women to wear trouser. if i can find the thread you all will see my reasons

but hey am in America, the weather is too cold. abeg levels go change.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by vickybabe(f): 11:05pm On Jun 06, 2006
abi o

only da person whey wan die
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Seun(m): 11:30pm On Jun 06, 2006
i fiqured that it is not biblical for women to wear trouser.
Your research was probably flawed. It is biblical for a women to wear women's trousers. Besides the commandment about clothes - which doesn't say anything against women's trousers - was for the jews only.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by vickybabe(f): 11:35pm On Jun 06, 2006
the bible did not specifically say dont wear trouser's

it just said keep yourslef

for our body is the temple of God
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Eeyore(m): 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2006
I really don't know what all the fuss is for.All the people quoting that passage should read further.Deutronomy 22;5 is not just enough. How about verse 9 that says you should not practise mixed cropping.Or verse 11 that says you should not wear wool and linen together.Do you check for that before you buy that nice shirt? Verse 12 commands that you should sew tassels on the 4 corners of your clothes.How about that?
Galatians 3:10 says that if you are under the law,then you must obey every single commandment therein,or else you will be CURSED.
The question is;Are you under the law or under grace?
Besides,we must understand that the law was not given to everybody.It was only for the Jews,under the old covenant. The new creation in Christ is under a different covenant.So girls, bring them trousers on.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by phebby: 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2006
TO BE HONEST,ITS WHATS IN UR HEART THAT COUNTS.IM NOT SO SURE IF WEARING TROUSER IS A SIN BUT IF IT IS,WOUDNT IT BE BETTER IF GOD DEALS DIRECTLY WITH THE SINNER? NO NEED TO JUGDE IF SOMETHING SOMEONE WEARS IS GOOD OR NOT, ONE CAN ONLY COME IN TO TELL THE PERSON IF THE DRESSING IS GOING TO THE EXTREME.SO DONT BE ONE OF THOSE HYPOCRITES ON JERRY SPRINGER SHOW.U HEAR?
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Reverend(m): 9:47am On Jun 24, 2006
phebby:

TO BE HONEST,ITS WHATS IN UR HEART THAT COUNTS.IM NOT SO SURE IF WEARING TROUSER IS A SIN BUT IF IT IS,WOUDNT IT BE BETTER IF GOD DEALS DIRECTLY WITH THE SINNER? NO NEED TO JUGDE IF SOMETHING SOMEONE WEARS IS GOOD OR NOT, ONE CAN ONLY COME IN TO TELL THE PERSON IF THE DRESSING IS GOING TO THE EXTREME.SO DONT BE ONE OF THOSE HYPOCRITES ON JERRY SPRINGER SHOW.U HEAR?

@ Phebby

You are right, it is not just the Jerry Springer show, this forum is also full of hypocrites. Who cares what the bible says about anything, especially trousers, kilts, hot pants, crotchless undies or cotton socks.

It is a book written by man and not by God. It is not the word of God, but the ramblings of man.

If women want to go to church in trousers, no trousers, topless, wearing only a 'G' string or totally nude. What is the problem? As long as they go to church. If women went to church topless or naked then I am sure that many more men would attend and at least you would have something to look at whilst you listened to the boring service of the Pastor!

I find it so amusing reading the posts from people who use the passages from the book of fairy stories (bible) to try and back up their whimsical ideas and make their own interpretation of rules and regulations that we should follow.

According to the book of Elvis Presley : 22:12 - People, get a life and stop this nonsense cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by LuciferFan(m): 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2006
I encourage all men to wear mini skirts and the catapult-like thing the ladies wear under (g-string). Let the ladies wear tight fitting pants also. I like visualising the contours and the look of the pit in between dem legs.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2006
it's not biblical for women to wear skirts smiley
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Eeyore(m): 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2006
@ adeoba

And your reason?
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2006
smiley
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by nancyekpoh(f): 9:08am On Jul 04, 2006
I don't think its is biblical to do so. The Bible says in the book of Deut. 22:5 that a woman should not wear what is meant for a man, and a man should not wear what is meant for a woman. Verse versa. Whether it is sown in men's style or women style, they all bears the name 'Trouseres'. So do not be deceived.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Zahymaka(m): 9:40am On Jul 04, 2006
nancyekpoh:

I don't think its is biblical to do so. The Bible says in the book of Deut. 22:5 that a woman should not wear what is meant for a man, and a man should not wear what is meant for a woman. Verse versa. Whether it is sown in men's style or women style, they all bears the name 'Trouseres'. So do not be deceived.

Are you aware tops in the military are called 'blouses'?
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by retro(f): 11:43am On Jul 04, 2006
nancyekpoh:

I'lld love to know where it says in the 'bible': pants are for men and skirts are for women.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by michy(f): 11:49am On Jul 04, 2006
it is in this Nigeria that this trouser thing is serious.if u
watch TBN,most of their pastors wear it.this is just confusing embarassed embarassed
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Reverend(m): 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2006
It really is a very silly subject, entertaining, but nontheless extremely silly! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Zahymaka(m): 3:45pm On Jul 04, 2006
Reverend:

It really is a very silly subject, entertaining, but nontheless extremely silly! grin grin grin grin

For once I concur with you, revered Reverend. Take this case:

nancyekpoh:

Does it mean that because shoes are called shoes for both male and female, either sex has to give up wearing them? Or that both sexes should stop wearing briefs and drawers, or that hats are unbiblical, or that. . .?
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by lordimpaq(m): 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2006
does it also mean that, wristwatches worn by men should not be worn by women oh pleasee people be realistic

the bible is not as literal as it seems, the bible has to be seen with spiritual eyes

i mean one has to look deep into the meaning, because jesus christ said if a part of your body is restricting u from goin to heaven, u should cut it off, then u know u always fucck around, then u should cut of your dick,

the bible should be looked at in deep and should be meditated on day and night
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Zahymaka(m): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2006
Lordimpaq, you're a bit ambiguous -- are you pro-trousers or anti-trousers in women?
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Skidoc(m): 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2006
adeoba:

it's not biblical for women to wear skirts smiley

Neither is it biblical for women to wear bra. cheesy
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 09, 2006
The question should have been is it unbiblical for women towear trousers,and the answer is no.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by carechoji(m): 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2006
Dear All,

As a christian, it is believe that, our body is the temple of the Holy spirit, and it is with that that we are to note that, anything that will degrade the value of our body is uncalled for. The wearing of trousers is not allowed only where the person in question wear it to seduce, to attract attention and in the Bible it is not allowed for a woman to wear trousers.

Lets look at our todays world, and the church, the way it has been turned to, ladies wearing trousers which one can almost see their unclothedness, starting from the top to the bottom. let me ask one question, if you as a lady not married and you are into wearing such dresses, tell me what will you fellow man think of you as a lady and what respect will the people you claim to worship God with will look at you. though it is said that the outwardness of our body doesnt matter but what is conceived inside is what matters.

But, we ought to know that, it is what we give out that determine our inwardness.

To me, it is not proper in any case for a woman (women) to wear trousers to the church as it is expected that she shouyld cover her body as the temple of God is to be made Holy.

We should not change our religion to move with the recent trends in the world, it is not good and it should not be encourage, and if I do that for the male friend to notice me, they will only notice you because you have a beautiful body to have sex with and after using you, it is all over, as they will fool you by saying that the Holy spirit lead them to you.

Thanks shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink smiley smiley smiley smiley shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Reverend(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2006
@ carechoji

Thank you for backing my call for naked church services! These would surely be attended by many more people!

Just think, no more questions on what is right or wrong to wear grin grin grin

We will all be sat there in our birthday suits grin grin grin
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by retro(f): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2006
Reverend:

Thank you for backing my call for naked church services!

Last year, I wore a 'cut' jeans short and everyone was looking at my thighs. The women were definately insulting me, while the men were --- drooling, I suppose. It was a very wonderful feeling.

I'd love to go to church naked! So, yay for naked church services.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Reverend(m): 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2006
@ Retro

I am going to give you a seat in the front row grin grin grin
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by retro(f): 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2006
Oh my God, you called me by my sn. Ewww.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by tolutope(m): 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2006
personally, we shouldnt be looking at what names are given to clothing be it blouse worn by men or trousers worn by women,, the ideal thing should be the type of clothing worn strictly by women,which obviously men shldnt wear but again thats difficult to differentiate since some jeans worn by men practically looks feminine, and we end up terming such guys gay, cos it looks outrightly feminine but its made for guys, so why the classification?
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2006
The scriptures admonish women to be modest in appearance,there are immodest skirts too and blouses.

whether skirts or trousers,it must not be obscene,there is need for moderation so that you don't cause someone else to sin.
I'm not saying we should tie scarf and wear flowing black gowns in 100 degree weather either,that is another bondage of its own.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Apostle Suleman's Manhood Not Very Small & He's Very Good In Bed" - Stephanie / Prince Gozie Okeke With His Beautiful Children / Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.