Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,415 members, 7,812,223 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (103919 Views)

Poll: Can a woman wear trousers without disobeying the bible?

Yes: 76% (81 votes)
No: 23% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? / Born Again Christian Women Wearing Make-up, Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by allycat: 11:28pm On Dec 08, 2009
Deuteronomy 25:5-6
If brothers are living together and one of them dies without a son, his widow must not marry outside the family. Her husbands brother shall take her and marry her and fulfill the dutiy of a brother in law to her. The first son she bears shall carry the name of the dead brother s that his name will not be blotted out from Isael.
Then read Mark 12 :18-27
V19 Teacher they said Moses wrote for us That if a man brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and have children for his brother
In verse 24 Jesus did not condemn the practice he only said that in heaven the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage.
So does this mean the practice is right and biblical. Why do we condemn it anytime we hear of a widow being forced to marry her ex husbands brother.
If you dont keep this law that was clearly stated, stop making noise about a law that does not even mention the word trousers.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2010
May i also ask those who scream that it is sinful for women to weae trousers:

why do you all profane the law of the sabbath?
The bible says:
Remember the sabbath day and keep it holy, Therein thou shalt do no work. No ,market, no washing, nothing. And the sabbath is a saturday. Are we justified under the law but by faith in Jesus, who desires holiness and love out of a pure heart?

Do you still observe the ordinances of touching the unclean things, sacrificing animals?

If you attempt to be saved by the law and break one of them, you're guilty of all.

Jesus has come to redeem us from the law so we, as gentiles, are not bound to follow them towards justification.

As a matter of fact, you deny Jesus if you attempt to live by those old testament laws.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by nelson300(m): 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2010
a woman can not wear trouser because the bible said wat patainet to man a woman should not put on,and wat patainet to a woman a man should not put on lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by dekung(m): 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2011
My question is : is it in the bible (biblical) for men to wear trouser. Yes the bible says a man should not wear a woman's aparell and vice versa, but can anyone define what is a man's clothing and what is a woman's clothing?
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by OseiSarpong(m): 10:39pm On Apr 13, 2012
[color=#550000][/color]Although the Bible did not specify that women should not wear trousers but trousers are not meant for women as you know but men. Do not compare your tradition with the Bible that our tradition accept woman to wear trousers. The question now is that can you as a woman stand before God with trousers or dress without hands? Brethren, be very careful with your dress for the eye of God is on you. Now let me explain to you why women wear trousers today. The first woman( lesbian) who worn trousers was interviewed why she was wearing that trousers and she said that she was wearing it for her to represent a man so are you a lesbian.[b]Although the Bible did not specify that women should not wear trousers but trousers are not meant for women as you know but men. Do not compare your tradition with the Bible that our tradition accept woman to wear trousers. The question now is that can you as a woman stand before God with trousers or dress without hands? Brethren, be very careful with your dress for the eye of God is on you. Now let me explain to you why women wear trousers today. The first woman( lesbian) who worn trousers was interviewed why she was wearing that trousers and she said that she was wearing it for her to represent a man so are you a lesbian.[/b]Although the Bible did not specify that women should not wear trousers but trousers are not meant for women as you know but men. Do not compare your tradition with the Bible that our tradition accept woman to wear trousers. The question now is that can you as a woman stand before God with trousers or dress without hands? Brethren, be very careful with your dress for the eye of God is on you. Now let me explain to you why women wear trousers today. The first woman( lesbian) who worn trousers was interviewed why she was wearing that trousers and she said that she was wearing it for her to represent a man so are you a lesbian.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by OseiSarpong(m): 10:52pm On Apr 13, 2012
Osei Sarpong :
[/color]Although the Bible did not specify that women should not wear trousers but trousers are not meant for women as you know but men. Do not compare your tradition with the Bible that our tradition accept woman to wear trousers. The question now is that can you as a woman stand before God with trousers or dress without hands? Brethren, be very careful with your dress for the eye of God is on you. Now let me explain to you why women wear trousers today. The first woman( lesbian) who worn trousers was interviewed why she was wearing that trousers and she said that she was wearing it for her to represent a man so are you a lesbian.[b]Although the Bible did not specify that women should not wear trousers but trousers are not meant for women as you know but men. Do not compare your tradition with the Bible that our tradition accept woman to wear trousers. The question now is that can you as a woman stand before God with trousers or dress without hands? Brethren, be very careful with your dress for the eye of God is on you. Now let me explain to you why women wear trousers today. The first woman( lesbian) who worn trousers was interviewed why she was wearing that trousers and she said that she was wearing it for her to represent a man so are you a lesbian.[/b]Although the Bible did not specify that women should not wear trousers but trousers are not meant for women as you know but men. Do not compare your tradition with the Bible that our tradition accept woman to wear trousers. The question now is that can you as a woman stand before God with trousers or dress without hands? Brethren, be very careful with your dress for the eye of God is on you. Now let me explain to you why women wear trousers today. The first woman( lesbian) who worn trousers was interviewed why she was wearing that trousers and she said that she was wearing it for her to represent a man so are you a lesbian.
Osei Sarpong :
[color=#550000]Although the Bible did not specify that women should not wear trousers but trousers are not meant for women as you know but men. Do not compare your tradition with the Bible that our tradition accept woman to wear trousers. The question now is that can you as a woman stand before God with trousers or dress without hands? Brethren, be very careful with your dress for the eye of God is on you. Now let me explain to you why women wear trousers today. The first woman( lesbian) who worn trousers was interviewed why she was wearing that trousers and she said that she was wearing it for her to represent a man so are you a lesbian.[b]Although the Bible did not specify that women should not wear trousers but trousers are not meant for women as you know but men. Do not compare your tradition with the Bible that our tradition accept woman to wear trousers. The question now is that can you as a woman stand before God with trousers or dress without hands? Brethren, be very careful with your dress for the eye of God is on you. Now let me explain to you why women wear trousers today. The first woman( lesbian) who worn trousers was interviewed why she was wearing that trousers and she said that she was wearing it for her to represent a man so are you a lesbian.[/b]Although the Bible did not specify that women should not wear trousers but trousers are not meant for women as you know but men. Do not compare your tradition with the Bible that our tradition accept woman to wear trousers. The question now is that can you as a woman stand before God with trousers or dress without hands? Brethren, be very careful with your dress for the eye of God is on you. Now let me explain to you why women wear trousers today. The first woman( lesbian) who worn trousers was interviewed why she was wearing that trousers and she said that she was wearing it for her to represent a man so are you a lesbian.
Osei Sarpong :
[color=#550000][/color]Although the Bible did not specify that women should not wear trousers but trousers are not meant for women as you know but men. Do not compare your tradition with the Bible that our tradition accept woman to wear trousers. The question now is that can you as a woman stand before God with trousers or dress without hands? Brethren, be very careful with your dress for the eye of God is on you. Now let me explain to you why women wear trousers today. The first woman( lesbian) who worn trousers was interviewed why she was wearing that trousers and she said that she was wearing it for her to represent a man so are you a lesbian.[b]Although the Bible did not specify that women should not wear trousers but trousers are not meant for women as you know but men. Do not compare your tradition with the Bible that our tradition accept woman to wear trousers. The question now is that can you as a woman stand before God with trousers or dress without hands? Brethren, be very careful with your dress for the eye of God is on you. Now let me explain to you why women wear trousers today. The first woman( lesbian) who worn trousers was interviewed why she was wearing that trousers and she said that she was wearing it for her to represent a man so are you a lesbian.[/b]Although the Bible did not specify that women should not wear trousers but trousers are not meant for women as you know but men. Do not compare your tradition with the Bible that our tradition accept woman to wear trousers. The question now is that can you as a woman stand before God with trousers or dress without hands? Brethren, be very careful with your dress for the eye of God is on you. Now let me explain to you why women wear trousers today. The first woman( lesbian) who worn trousers was interviewed why she was wearing that trousers and she said that she was wearing it for her to represent a man so are you a lesbian.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by pastorjosh9: 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2012
The reason God gives a dress code of conduct through his holy bible is to safe guard ones self. Its sad when you hear that a man wants to shoot another man because he floored his girl with a sexual comment when he himself is to blame for allowing his Wife/girl friend/spouse to dress in a way that will cause men to lust after her.You ought to be ashamed of yourself to dress your daughters and wives in such fashion that allows evil men in this day to feast in the wildest imagination over the ones you love. I always say if you love them don't strip em. Hey Brothers Dont play the fool you know what happens when a woman dress inappropriate. The Bible say , In fact Jesus says , That if a man looks at a woman and lust after her in his heart he has committed adultery with her already and adultery cannot be committed by one it takes two to tango so the man is not only to blame here but woman also for the way she presented herself causing the man to lust after her..... so by the way ladies I hope you can see that by the way you dress it will cause a man to feast his eyes on you and I wonder what kind of a man would like that to be done to the person he loves. embarassed .. There are certain clothing that is designed for a sex appealing .... DID YOU KNOW THAT?
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by monsterrain(m): 1:12am On May 05, 2012
Now i want to settle all this argument by making things easier for people who believe Fashion can lead some one to hell fire ,well any one who is of this motion should go to the same Deuteronomy from chapter 21 read it to the ending of Chapter 22 and make sure you keep all those law if not, then no Heaven for you person i don't want to make it too difficult by asking you to go and read all the book of the law which is the first 5 books of Moses see Christianity and Righteousness is by faith from the heart as long as you have confessed the lord Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior and believe in thine heart that God had raised him from the death thou shall be saved Rom 10:9..there is nothing like if thou men wear trouser and you ladies put on skirt or if any man or woman wears what belongs to each other thou shall not be saved,let me just say human being are creating their own bible version for Fashion.i rest my case Shalom
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by pastorjosh9: 1:22pm On May 05, 2012
tongue READING THE ABOVE QUOTE MADE ME REALIZE HOW DECEPTION HAS ENTERED THE PUPLITS ... WE HAVE WATERED THE THE BIBLE DOWN THAT THE FEAR OF GOD IS NOT UPON THE PEOPLE ANYMORE BECAUSE WE HAVE AGENTS THAT TEACH A DILUTED GOSPEL. GOD REQUIRES US TO UPHOLD HOLINESS , IN THE PRESENCE OF LORD THE CHERUBIM THE BIBLE SAYS COVERED THEIR HEAD , BODY AND FEET AND CRY HOLY HOLY HOLY LORD GOD ALMIGHTY. A TRUE HOLY GHOST FILLED CHILD OF GOD KNOWS THAT GOD HAS GOT A DRESS CODE ...

LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION ... IN THE BEGINNING AFTER THE FALL OF ADAM AND EVE THE BIBLE SAYS IN gEN 3-7 THAT THEY SEWED FIG LEAVES AND COVERED THEMSELVES AND ALTHOUGH THEY HAVE SEWED THIS AND CLOTHED THEMSELVES TELL ME WHY IN GEN 3-21 did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

SO IT IS CLEAR THAT GOD HAS GOT A CODE OF DRESSING ... GOD IS NOT AIMLESS HE HAS AN ECONOMY SET IN PLACE.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by EmmaTay(m): 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2012
Reverend: @ Davidylan

I find it so amusing that with all the real problems we have in the World with war, famine, disease that people find that women wearing trousers to be an issue. There is nothing more to say on the subject.

It is this extremely idiotic mentality that is responsible for many of the problems we are facing. I hope that when all the people that are branding everybody as sinners for the most ridiculous of reasons stand before God to be judged , he will say:-

GOD: "Davidlyan, were you not the idiot that tried to tell people that I am against women wearing trousers?"

DAVIDYLAN: " But Father!, I thought that was your bidding as it is in the Bible?"

GOD: "Are you crazy, I love women in tight jeans. That is why I created them with curvaceous bottoms"

DAVIDLYAN: "But Father, why is it in the Bible?"

GOD: "How should I know, I never wrote that rubbish, that was written by man and I must tell you that I am pretty fed up with them constantly misquoting me and trying to frighten people by blackmailing them and telling them that they will burn in hell"

DAVIDLYAN: "Forgive me Father"

GOD: "OK, now go and change into that pink skirt that St Peter is holding then grab yourself a beer and we will watch the Davinci Code together. I have heard that it is not as good as the book"

DAVIDLYAN: "OK Father, whatever you say. You are the boss afterall!"

The End
[size=25pt]ARRANT NONSENSE[/size]

Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by EmmaTay(m): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
[size=45pt]People should not use other tribes and nations dressing as excuse to support wearing of the opposite sex cloth.Every tribe has its different dressing code:male and female style. Right here in Nigeria,we know trouser rightfully belongs to men and boys and not the women or ladies. So,we should not support the wearing of the opposite sex cloth under the pretext of imitating other nations around us. [/size]
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by chronickraft(m): 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
Bible might be written by men but it speaks the undilluted truth and this powerful book has been in existence for years. Women are delicate creature who are under attack but unfortunately the eve's mistake in the garden never taught women enough lesson but i have made this promise to myself that even though Adam and so many men of our generation fall to evil for a careless and reckless woman's sake...i won't ! Remember the 1st sin was disobedience and same is happening in all areas of the world using women as their acting force. women becareful...i am so sure in hell...there will be more women than men....its not criticism...do the survey with your conscience.God bless you who dwell in righteousness and remember...a sinner selfish points are always baseless...lacks obedience( always use it as ur check to find fake preachers and anti christs coz they are living among us)...i am not a saint but i know what is good and i try my best to be good rather than finding reasons to justify my being bad...thats anti christ attitude.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by busuyem: 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
The purpose of wearing clothes is to cover unclothedness, that's the original purpose God made clothes for Adam and Eve after the GLORY of God as a covering had departed from them consequent upon their disobedience. So, no matter the king of clothes u use to cover ur unclothedness, as long as ur unclothedness is well covered and u don't harrass people's emotions when u sit or stay among them, u don't commit any sin. Modesty is what we must check in our lives while dressing and the word "MODESTY" individualitic. So, using of trousers by women is never a sin!! Thank.
Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by Ken4Christ: 3:09am On Aug 19, 2013
You can get detailed answer to this question in my eBook - The Woman Question. To order for your copy, send your e mail to globalwordimpact@gmail.com or kenmacaulaylive@gmail.com or visit my facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/globalwordimpactonlinestore

The book also addresses other questions that bothers on head covering, putting on of jewelry etc.

It is the most detailed book on the subject backed up by over 300 scripture references.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? by mikeiskool: 8:49am On Aug 19, 2013
relatively, yes and no. it depends on each individual
[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Jonathan Muthoka Sex Scandal With Niece (See CCTV Footages) / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos / Prince Gozie Okeke With His Beautiful Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.