Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,809 members, 7,827,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis (2498 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
what truly is religion? what idms that phenomenom that have being in the human race since time immemorial?, have man just been serving himself and he calls it religion or God? regardless of where you leave, you have in no doubt seen for yourself what how religion affects the lives of people. In the name of religion, millions have killed and been killed(eg are d crusades and the jihads). did religion actually grew out of magic or the fear of the unkwnown or as sigmud Frued will put it "father figure neurosis"?
why do we say christianity is the true religion and not judaism, why do we claim islam is the way and not budhism?, why hinduism and not shintoism?, taois and not confusianism, peganism and not atheism?
if you claim you believe in what you believe in because your religion(eg the abramaic religions) are based on fact not myth or are based on people that have existed before then you also should believe in shango because he was a king of the old oyo empire.
As science truly proved that religion is a pure fraud? or just something we cook up because we do not understand certain wonders of mother nature?
Now the question is this.... why do you consider what you believe in as the truth?
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
y r u al scared to prove wat u bliv in
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by UyiIredia(m): 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
Will you hear my thoughts on the questions raised ?

1 Like

Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Will you hear my thoughts on the questions raised ?

Lol.
Im surprised your name was not listed.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 2:07pm On Jun 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Will you hear my thoughts on the questions raised ?
sure...am al ears
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2013
*Kails*:

Lol.
Im surprised your name was not listed.
*kails* haha... i didnt mention d name cos of space, n i didnt mention ur name cos i knw u nd obadiah share same bliv.... cheesy
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by UyiIredia(m): 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2013
@ mycfest: I'll be back with my reply. Just surfing other sites.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2013
mcfynest: y r u al scared to prove wat u bliv in

Hallo fynest,

I saw the title of the thread and smiled 'knowingly'...anyways, with that kind of title, I was hoping to see some serious brain teaser but was a bit disappointed after reading the OP.

Unless I do not understand the OP, what you are really asking is what we believe in as against proving our beliefs...and this brings us to the question: what exactly is your definition of proof?

When you talk about proof, are you talking about some 'hard evidence'? Or will quotes from sacred scriptures suffice? Or better still you just want to get our views on the matter?

1 Like

Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2013
mcfynest:

Now the question is this.... why do you consider what you believe in as the truth?

I do not.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2013
striktlymi:

Hallo fynest,

I saw the title of the thread and smiled 'knowingly'...anyways, with that kind of title, I was hoping to see some serious brain teaser but was a bit disappointed after reading the OP.

Unless I do not understand the OP, what you are really asking is what we believe in as against proving our beliefs...and this brings us to the question: what exactly is your definition of proof?

When you talk about proof, are you talking about some 'hard evidence'? Or will quotes from sacred scriptures suffice? Or better still you just want to get our views on the matter?
good question. if it was from the religion sacred book then what is there to prove can you tell me why you believe in what you believe in or were you jst told to believe what you belive in. as for me, i will give you good proof y i believe in what i believe.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I do not.

wow...am so surprised. after reading ur previous posts nd coments i was expecting a logical ans frm u.

lemme get this straight, you do not believe in anything called religion or you as u said u do not belive your religion to be true.
my bro, if u doubt the authencity of your religion then pls get out of babylon the great(religion)
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ mycfest: I'll be back with my reply. Just surfing other sites.
owkay...waiting
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by Emusan(m): 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
mcfynest: what truly is religion? what idms that phenomenom that have being in the human race since time immemorial?, have man just been serving himself and he calls it religion or God? regardless of where you leave, you have in no doubt seen for yourself what how religion affects the lives of people. In the name of religion, millions have killed and been killed(eg are d crusades and the jihads). did religion actually grew out of magic or the fear of the unkwnown or as sigmud Frued will put it "father figure neurosis"?
why do we say christianity is the true religion and not judaism, why do we claim islam is the way and not budhism?, why hinduism and not shintoism?, taois and not confusianism, peganism and not atheism?
if you claim you believe in what you believe in because your religion(eg the abramaic religions) are based on fact not myth or are based on people that have existed before then you also should believe in shango because he was a king of the old oyo empire.
As science truly proved that religion is a pure fraud! or just something we cook up because we do not understand certain wonders of mother nature?

My question is @bold: how did science prove religions are pure fraud?
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
Emusan:

My question is @bold: how did science prove religions are pure fraud?

if u noticed, it was a question which i would love science adherents to prove.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by Emusan(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2013
mcfynest:

if u noticed, it was a question which i would love science adherents to prove.

Now I understand. I don't know you mean 'Has'.

I will reply once I'm true.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2013
mcfynest: what truly is religion? what idms that phenomenom that have being in the human race since time immemorial?, have man just been serving himself and he calls it religion or God? regardless of where you leave, you have in no doubt seen for yourself what how religion affects the lives of people. In the name of religion, millions have killed and been killed(eg are d crusades and the jihads). did religion actually grew out of magic or the fear of the unkwnown or as sigmud Frued will put it "father figure neurosis"?
As science truly proved that religion is a pure fraud? or just something we cook up because we do not understand certain wonders of mother nature?
GOOD QUESTION SIRE. ALL, AND I MEAN ABSOLUTELY EVERY RELIGION UNDER THE SUN IS RUBBISH. THEY ARE DELUSIONAL CATEGORIES THAT GOD KEEPS WICKED PEOPLE IN TO KEEP THEM OCCUPIED WHILE DOING THEIR TIME FOR THEIR CRIME. ( ISAIAH 66 VS 4 ) ( 2 THESSALONIANS 2 VS 11 ). WHAT IS REAL RELIGION ? >>>>> JAMES 1 VS 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. <<< SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ? ALL RELIGION ( CHRISTIANITY, ISLAM, PAGANISM, BUDDHISM, SCIENTOLOGY ETC ) ARE DELUSIONS FOR WICKED PEOPLE. wink
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2013
mcfynest:
good question. if it was from the religion sacred book then what is there to prove can you tell me why you believe in what you believe in or were you jst told to believe what you belive in. as for me, i will give you good proof y i believe in what i believe.

Okay, I will address the OP in the light of this post...

@Bold: I am almost sure what you would give me would be beliefs and not proofs...
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
mcfynest:

wow...am so surprised. after reading ur previous posts nd coments i was expecting a logical ans frm u.

lemme get this straight, you do not believe in anything called religion or you as u said u do not belive your religion to be true.
my bro, if u doubt the authencity of your religion then pls get out of babylon the great(religion)

You assumed that I have a belief system which I consider true. I said that I do not have such.

Your lack of understanding such a simple premise is your problem. Solve it yourself.

1 Like

Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by UyiIredia(m): 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You assumed that I have a belief system which I consider true. I said that I do not have such.

Your lack of understanding such a simple premise is your problem. Solve it yourself.

Do you lack a belief in God (as defined by atheists) ? A simple yes or no will suffice, thanks.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2013
mcfynest: what truly is religion?

Religion has very many definitions, depending on one's viewpoint...I choose to go with this definition: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion.

mcfynest:
what idms that phenomenom that have being in the human race since time immemorial?,

I am not sure what the above is about....so I will skip it!

mcfynest:
have man just been serving himself and he calls it religion or God?

Some persons are busy with self-worship but I don't believe this is applicable to everyone who is into religion.

mcfynest:
regardless of where you leave, you have in no doubt seen for yourself what how religion affects the lives of people. In the name of religion, millions have killed and been killed(eg are d crusades and the jihads). did religion actually grew out of magic or the fear of the unkwnown or as sigmud Frued will put it "father figure neurosis"?

A number of things gave birth to religion...some were very selfish motives, some were borne out of magic while some were a result of genuine selfless interest.

mcfynest:

I am a Christian quite alright and I believe firmly that Christianity is the preferred way to God but I do not believe that Christianity is the only way to God.

I believe that 'true worshippers' come from every religion...whether one is a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, pagan etc doesn't really matter in the long run...what matters is how one lives his or her life here on Earth and how sincere the individual is in his/her preferred faith.

mcfynest:

This is my view: I believe firmly that there are very many gods which might include Sango, Zeus, Amadioha etc but there is one God that is Lord over all. This is the God I choose to worship and believe in.

mcfynest:
Now the question is this....

We do not need science to know that some persons are into religion for very fraudulent reasons. Some only care about their belly and as such they go to any length to deprive people of their hard earned money.

This notwithstanding, there are people who are into religion for the right reasons too but sadly, these form the minority and the vocal majority tend to 'rob their shine'.

mcfynest:
why do you consider what you believe in as the truth?

Because of my personal experience.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2013
obadiah777: GOOD QUESTION SIRE. ALL, AND I MEAN ABSOLUTELY EVERY RELIGION UNDER THE SUN IS RUBBISH. THEY ARE DELUSIONAL CATEGORIES THAT GOD KEEPS WICKED PEOPLE IN TO KEEP THEM OCCUPIED WHILE DOING THEIR TIME FOR THEIR CRIME. ( ISAIAH 66 VS 4 ) ( 2 THESSALONIANS 2 VS 11 ). WHAT IS REAL RELIGION ? >>>>> JAMES 1 VS 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. <<< SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ? ALL RELIGION ( CHRISTIANITY, ISLAM, PAGANISM, BUDDHISM, SCIENTOLOGY ETC ) ARE DELUSIONS FOR WICKED PEOPLE. wink
but you are a christian sir. and please will you stop using sire, it makes me think of you as a magician. u can use sir instead.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 6:39pm On Jun 22, 2013
striktlymi:

Okay, I will address the OP in the light of this post...

@Bold: I am almost sure what you would give me would be beliefs and not proofs...
dnt be so sure bro..
1. the true religion worships only one God. isnt dat logical? instead of so many gods dat is borne out of fear.
2. it offers access to God through Jesus.
3.it practices and teaches unselfish love.
4. it does not condone war or personal violence.
5.it does not discriminate. it does nt say u shud hate the jews and christians, it does not say you should hurt people that differ with your believe.
as u can see, it is only one religion that can claim all this. this are just logical reasons why i believe in what i believe in.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2013
mcfynest:
but you are a christian
NOPE I AM NOT SIRE grin . 'CHRISTIAN' IS ACTUALLY A DEROGATORY WORD USED IN ANTIOCH AGAINST THE FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST.

HAD TO USE THE SIRE AFTER YOU BANNED IT
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Do you lack a belief in God (as defined by atheists) ? A simple yes or no will suffice, thanks.
[b][/b]
tank you o..
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 6:58pm On Jun 22, 2013
@striktlymi i love your insight but i dont agree with what you said " This is my view: I believe firmly that there are very many gods which might include Sango, Zeus, Amadioha etc but there is one God that is Lord overall. This is the God I choose to worship and believe in". Jesus said in John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. xtianity is the true way. nd odas are demons. and u said u beliv in what you believe in because of personal experience, a pagan can also claim this experiences
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2013
obadiah777: NOPE I AM NOT SIRE grin . 'CHRISTIAN' IS ACTUALLY A DEROGATORY WORD USED IN ANTIOCH AGAINST THE FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST.

why the sire
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2013
obadiah777: NOPE I AM NOT SIRE grin . 'CHRISTIAN' IS ACTUALLY A DEROGATORY WORD USED IN ANTIOCH AGAINST THE FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST.

why the sire and thanks for the info, i will surely look it up. so if you aren't christ like den what are u
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
I'll be back Op. I'm busy now. but I'll be back.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I'll be back Op. I'm busy now. but I'll be back.
i will be anxiously waiting sir
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
mcfynest:
i will be anxiously waiting sir

Its ok don't worry I'll save the situation. just got some work now.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2013
mcfynest: @striktlymi i love your insight but i dont agree with what you said " This is my view: I believe firmly that there are very many gods which might include Sango, Zeus, Amadioha etc but there is one God that is Lord overall. This is the God I choose to worship and believe in". Jesus said in John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. xtianity is the true way. nd odas are demons. and u said u beliv in what you believe in because of personal experience, a pagan can also claim this experiences

oh and btw you cant "choose" to worship a God. you need all the Gods that affect your personal cosmos, in order to maintain the balance.

or else we will have an unbalanced world like what we have today.
Re: obadiah777,strictlymi,frosbel,alfaselter,pagan9ja,can u prove dis by mcfynest(m): 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

oh and btw you cant "choose" to worship a God. you need all the Gods that affect your personal cosmos, in order to maintain the balance.

or else we will have an unbalanced world like what we have today.
arrh lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Mohammed Footpath Spotted In Suleja / Christians And Muslims, This Is Why ISIS Kills Muslims As Well / Authentic Sermon. The Secret Of Divine Rest By CHUGO.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.