Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (721479 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by samdean(m): 1:32pm On May 06, 2016
Hello oga zuby how can i register in ur site so i can comment?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 1:59pm On May 06, 2016
samdean:
Hello oga zuby how can i register in ur site so i can comment?

Comment is closed temporally. bad people hacked Global Runs down and the result was to employ Amadioha, Sango Olokun and every deity out there to protect us.
I know how you feel, i understand you want to say something about the quantum revelation on Global Runs. You will have your say soon enough... Cheers and live big.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by samdean(m): 8:49pm On May 06, 2016
ZUBY77:

Comment is closed temporally. bad people hacked Global Runs down and the result was to employ Amadioha, Sango Olokun and every deity out there to protect us.
I know how you feel, i understand you want to say something about the quantum revelation on Global Runs. You will have your say soon enough... Cheers and live big.

Really love ur story zuby, can't seem to get enough. More ink to ur pen
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Luckymay(f): 6:23pm On May 16, 2016
Hmmm. Finally here but I reserve my comments.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by mr6ix(m): 4:23pm On May 17, 2016
Hello oga zubby have been following ur website for some time now...please how can I get the password to read the rest of ur story
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 5:48pm On May 17, 2016
mr6ix:
Hello oga zubby have been following ur website for some time now...please how can I get the password to read the rest of ur story

Look well at the beginning of each locked story. The instruction on how to do that is there.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 9:12am On May 23, 2016
A girl was talking on the background, I heard her voice clearly. It meant that he was keeping a girl in his apartment; our apartment.

“I thought you said you are at home now,” I asked.

He had finally decided to talk to me on phone. “Yes, I am.”

It was time to ask the next question. “Who is that girl talking around you?”

Little hesitation from him

“She is Queen. I found her in France,” Zuby said.

“What? When did you go to France?” I asked.

I was confused. It started flooding back to me; I had already spent many days in San Marino. I apparently forgot how fast life was with Zuby, all day and all week activities, no dull moments. He went to France and picked someone else without my knowledge. He managed to be with two different girls since I left, the bitch he picked up at the Club and the new one he picked up in France. It was a matter of time before he gets stuck with one of them and then, it would be over for me. Everything I did to make our relationship work would be in vain. A girl from nowhere would take over my man and I would be left with that difficult task of finding a new guy who would be everything I wanted in life, a hill no woman ever made it to the top. My hyperactive mind had assured me that I was being mistreated by Zuby, that I deserved better than what I was getting, that nobody should have ever toyed with my emotions. However, I failed to understand that the stone rejected by the builders eventually became the head-corner stone.

“Did you say your queen? You didn’t even wait for a month before making someone else your queen. I guess you don’t miss me anymore,” I said, hoping to hear that he missed me.

“Her name is Queen, not my queen or anybody’s queen, it’s her real name and she is beautiful. I also don’t have to wait forever after you left before I could find someone else to be with me. You made your decision, I expect you to take responsibilities for its consequences,” Zuby said from the other side of the phone in Amsterdam.

It sounded as if I had been hit by a sledgehammer. I didn’t expect that, I expected him to deny that he had anything to do with whoever it was. But no, he said the Queen was found in France and that she was living with him.

Zuby was slowly slipping away from me. Someone else was taking over, someone who didn’t know what I went through trying to be with him.

At first, it didn’t look as if I couldn’t move on without him; it looked more like it was just a matter of time before Zuby returned to me. But the way I saw things then, he wasn’t ready to beg me, he wasn’t ready to beg anybody for anything.

“Do you love her?” I asked.

What sort of question was that? I had seen such questions in movies and all that and I thought I would never say such thing. That was a question born out of envy and jealousy and no matter how much and how hard we tried to conceal such words, the smart world out there knew what we meant.

“How is that your business?” he fired back.

That was one thing he knew how to do best. He loathed mistakes and the moment you make them, he would take advantage of it and push you to the wall.

“It’s my business because you are my boyfriend. For the fact that I needed a break doesn’t mean everything is over,” I said in defense.

“I guess you are confused Maria. I remember everything you said before you left me. I remember I cried and I begged you. Maria, I remember I asked that I even follow you to wherever you wanted to go but you refused. You rejected every move and everything I said to make you stay. You ran away like a coward. Well, I have decided to return to Nigeria and I am going with Queen. Don’t bother to return here because I no longer live in the apartment you know. I need to go now,” he said.

He meant it because he cut off the phone once more.

It was time to cry for the last time for Zuby.

It was time to move on with my life.

I knew it was going to be the most difficult thing I would do then, it was going to be difficult because I was no longer 18 or 19 or 20; that age when I could have returned to the streets and start sleeping with men for money. I was no longer that beautiful bride shinning all over the eyes of adult males who either wanted to sleep with me for fun, free or money. I was Maria James, 30 years old, no husband, no child, and no house of my own except the bungalow I built years ago in my father’s compound.

Right there in the sitting room, I had a quick reflection on my life, and I found out that no matter how hard we tried to make things happen the way we wanted, they would always happen the way they wanted to happen.

No matter how strong willed we thought we were, there were other things that take the trophy away from us. We were just like every other creature, roaming the face of earth and hoping to have the best of everything.

I was defeated in the game I initiated. I was thrown away by my own actions.

I remembered I was warned about Rose but I didn’t want to hear anything negative about her. But amidst all the mental chaos that followed my breakup with Zuby, I knew that I might have saved myself from stray bullets that could have hit me if I had remained with him in Amsterdam. I was defeated but I was still alive. I knew yesterday was gone, today is real and tomorrow might be better or worse but what I didn’t know was what could have really happened if I had stayed back in Amsterdam where I was physically and mentally caged inside an apartment where I was not allowed to go out and have adequate social life with other humans simply because my boyfriend was the most clever, dangerous and kind-hearted man I have ever known.

For those following Fellowship of enemies, This is where it ends.
The next story begins here on Nairaland and Global Runs Simultaneously. https://www.nairaland.com/3111311/jennifer-grass-grace
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Galacious1: 1:33pm On May 23, 2016
I too dey feel u bro
ZUBY77:

For those following Fellowship of enemies, This is where it ends.
The next story begins here on Nairaland and Global Runs Simultaneously. https://www.nairaland.com/3111311/jennifer-grass-grace
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by babtuna1(m): 4:05pm On May 24, 2016
Oh.. I love this story!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 4:11pm On May 24, 2016
babtuna1:
Oh.. I love this story!

Happy Birthday.

Welcome to Global Runs,
Where you really Run with your mind.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by babtuna1(m): 4:24pm On May 24, 2016
ZUBY77:

Happy Birthday.
Welcome to Global Runs, Where you really Run with your mind.

thanks broda.. You are awesome
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by VictorZeus(m): 11:41am On Jun 05, 2016
[quote author=ZUBY77 post=45928883]

Ewooo! Ayam finished! ..Globalruns has shot down... Oga Zuby do something o... I want to know what happened between Maria n the mighty Zuby in Sweden.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
[quote author=VictorZeus post=46292491][/quote]

Its undergoing Maintenance. Check back later.
Clear your browser cache in a few minutes and check back.
We are currently migrating to a new host, sorry for the temporal interruption.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by VictorZeus(m): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2016
Oga ZUBY77
I would have loved to register on globalruns but I can't seem to find any login or register button on ur site. .or do I need to use a desktop before registering because am currently using a mobile device
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2016
VictorZeus:
Oga ZUBY77
I would have loved to register on globalruns but I can't seem to find any login or register button on ur site. .or do I need to use a desktop before registering because am currently using a mobile device

Registration is closed.

What do you want?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by VictorZeus(m): 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
ZUBY77:

Registration is closed.
What do you want?
I would love to register but if I can still subscribe without registration then no problem hope there will be no special exclusion for non registered members?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by VictorZeus(m): 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2016
ZUBY77:

Registration is closed.
What do you want?
I would love to register but if I can still subscribe without registration then no problem hope there will be no special exclusion for non registered members?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Sammie23: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
WAIT DT OL?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by pricelesslove(f): 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
good evening sir, please how can I get your phone number. I really want to talk to you.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by confistified(m): 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
pricelesslove:
good evening sir, please how can I get your phone number. I really want to talk to you.
Mehn are those really blue eyes kiss kiss
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Chicent(m): 12:32am On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=pricelesslove post=48062800]good evening sir, please how can I get your phone number. I really want to talk to you
Hit me up.....
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2016
Chicent:

Zuby is currently serving a long ban.....
Hit me up.....let me see how i can help u get to him. 08031897954.

I am online
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by YeSJacky(m): 7:56am On Oct 30, 2016
[color=#770077][/color][img][/img][center][/center][i][/i][b][/b] LET EVERY ONE SHOUT, "ZUBBY AMESAT!" That's my language for Zubby You're good

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by MoyoGENERAL: 1:24pm On Nov 06, 2016
ZUBY77:
Chapter 137

The troubles i was encountering in Nigeria was becoming too much. It was almost as if i didn't know how to live in my own country. I was being too careless with words that could put me in trouble. I was getting too involved with people who could harm me. I had managed to escape most of the troubles unharmed but i also knew that it was only a matter of time before i got into a trouble that could land me in serious harm. I tried to recall how i got myself into some of those things.

Almost all my troubles were avoidable at the initial stages.
I could have forgiven the Landlord's wife after pouring water on me, perhaps i would have still lived in their house.

I could have forgiven the area boys after slapping me but i didn't want such life, i never did. I had always believed that Africans would not abandon evil ways if nobody punished them for their sins.

I could have also ignored Clement and his threat but i had chosen to attack whether he meant it or not.

Everywhere i went, there was always someone to step on my toes. Was it that it was me who stepped on people's toes? Or could it be that i didn't know how to live in the World? Why did i always chose the revenge path anytime i felt that i had been offended?
It was clear to me that i had been able to win all my revenge fights because while my enemies rested, i planned on how to revenge.
I took them unawares. It was time to start behaving like millions of other inhabitants of planet Earth. It was time to abandon revenge and start turning the other cheek. Yes, it was time.

First things first, i called Clement.

''I called to apologize for my behaviour'' i had said as soon as he answered the call.
'' You stupid boy, you have the gut to call me?'' he shouted.

''I am serious Clement. I think what i did was bad and i am sorry for that'' i said again.
He hung up the phone.

Damn! It was going to be too difficult to convince people that i had changed for good, that i had turned a new leaf.

I made a mental list of the people i had wronged. I needed to apologize to them one after the other.

First of all, i called Stella.
''What do you want'' she had said.
''Stella, i want to apologize to your mother for what i did to her'' i said.
''Has your new landlady asked you to leave like my mother did, you are not wanted in our house again'' she said.
''Stella i am serious about this, i think what i did was very bad and i need to talk to her. Please send me her phone number'' I said.

She suddenly hung up but a few minutes later, i got a text message with her mother's number in it.

I called Stella back. She answered and reminded me that i also needed to apologize to her.
''I am really sorry sweetheart. I think some kind of revenge evil possessed me but i have changed now'' i said.
She advised me to go and visit a certain Prophet T B Joshua for deliverance. According to her, the prophet would cast the revenge evil away in a few seconds and i would become a new leaf. I gave it some thought.
I had decided to visit the prophet really but i needed to apologize to people first.

I called Stella's mother. She hung up when she found out it was me. I tried several times to call again but she never picked. However when my phone rang four hours later, it was her.
''Why were you calling me'' she said.
I figured Stella had discussed with her about how i wanted to apologize.
''Aunty I am very sorry for pouring dirty water on your cloth. It was deliberate and i think it was wrong. Please forgive me'' i said.
She was touched. I heard her said a few inaudible words to someone and when she talked to me again, she said she had forgiven me. However she wanted me to visit the same prophet her daughter had suggested.

The next on line was Maria. I called her and told her that i was coming to Surulere. She said she would be at home in an hour, therefore i used that opportunity to drive to Ago Palace way and picked up some money in the Diamond bank along the road.
I drove to a super market and bought a flower and a card. Inside the card was written in blocked letters ''I am very sorry''.
I took them to Surulere and waited inside the car in front of Maria's house. She was on her way back.
She returned some minutes after i had come and packed her car behind mine. Maria tapped on my car to alert me that she had returned but i sat motionless, looking at the sky through my windscreen. The flower and the card were on the passenger seat. Tears were gathering around my eyes and i was struggling to keep them at the back of my head where they belonged; men don't cry.
Then all of a sudden, i jumped out of the car and hugged Maria right there on the street. People were staring at us but i didn't care. I had drifted away from humanity, love, care and forgiveness. If i was really going to return to all of the above, hugging and kissing in public shouldn't matter.

I entangled myself from Maria and walked across the car to get the flower and card.
'' Here is for you'' i said as i handed her the items.

She looked up and down the street and finding out that people's eyes were still on us, she held my left hand and dragged me inside her house.

''What is this all about'' she said while looking in my eyes.
She must have thought that i was about to propose marriage to her.

''I did something to you out of anger and revenge. The items were to ask for your forgiveness'' i said.
She tore the card and read it.
''What exactly did you do to me Austin'' she asked.

''First of all, my name is not Austin. It is Azubuike. I lied to you about that. Secondly, i was the person who told the area boys to attack you at the Emmanuel bus stop'' I said.

She kept her gaze on me for a long time and when the realities of what i had revealed to her sank down into her head, Maria began to cry. She didn't ask why i did it. She only asked for her phone when she stopped crying.
I didn't know how to tell her that i had sold her phone but i didn't want to lie to her anymore.
''I sold it''

" There is no refuge from memory and
remorse in this world. The spirits of
our foolish deeds haunt us, with or
without repentance."

Zuby Zuby, I nor believe this post! Na pure fiction!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by SailorXY: 1:09am On Nov 08, 2016
MoyoGENERAL:

Zuby Zuby, I nor believe this post! Na pure fiction!
lol you no believe say people dey apologize?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Drunkinlove(f): 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
Interesting novel bt i don tire to dey read sex stuff
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by sirpatrick(m): 4:01am On Dec 14, 2016
Bosses zubby you are the master of the art and thinking fast when it matters most I doff my hat for you sir this story is magnificent
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Holyman3(m): 2:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
My all-time best thr as on nairaland cool
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by samjeorg(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
My Dear Zubby, I just stumbled unto this story, honestly it's superb and I will really like to read it up till the end. And if there are new stories I wouldn't mind getting them too. Pls if you don't mind how do I go about it.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 11:14am On Jul 01, 2017
samjeorg:
My Dear Zubby, I just stumbled unto this story, honestly it's superb and I will really like to read it up till the end. And if there are new stories I wouldn't mind getting them too. Pls if you don't mind how do I go about it.

Start reading it here.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by 18wheeler: 11:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
Zuby. You be been away for long. Trust you're fine. Still following as ever. Be well BOSS.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 5:34am On Jul 02, 2017
18wheeler:
Zuby. You be been away for long. Trust you're fine. Still following as ever. Be well BOSS.

Yea. I am well.
Just busy busy..
Thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.