Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! (1194 Views)

PDP In Secret Talks With Ex-govs, Defectors To APC : Nation / Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering / Ex-govs, Buhari’s Associates Lock Horns With Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! by Sara1981(f): 6:45am On May 12, 2008
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is set to charge two more ex-governors to court for corruption and money laundering after completing investigations into graft allegations against them.  Read more by clicking on the link below.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/may/10/213.html

I really hope it's these thieves that will soon be facing the wrath of EFCC. That goes double when it comes to SAM EGWU!!! angry
Re: EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! by Tonim(f): 6:52am On May 12, 2008
I don't think Sam Egwu is included because the article says one gov from North central
and another from North west.
Re: EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! by Kobojunkie: 7:00am On May 12, 2008
I am guessing you mean the "SELECTIVE" wrath of EFCC? Cause that seems to be the way it has been working for a while now.
Re: EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! by Sara1981(f): 7:33am On May 12, 2008
I am guessing you mean the "SELECTIVE" wrath of EFCC? Cause that seems to be the way it has been working for a while now.

You're right cuz that is the way things have been going. These ex-govs should have been prosecuted ages ago if it were not for the EFCC being so selective in their prosecution.
Re: EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! by blacksta(m): 8:40am On May 12, 2008
This whole trial is joke - I would like to know what has been the end result of past trials
Re: EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! by SkyBlue1: 10:55am On May 12, 2008
Oh please, forgive my frustration but EFCC could go jump into a ditch for all i care. People should stop being fooled by all the noise and no action and EFCC should just shut up unless they are ready to actually genuinely do anything. Can anyone please name one politician that is in jail today because of EFCC or ICPC or whatever cc? Is Ibori in jail? After all the hoopla that was caused and the noise and importance of the fact that Yardaua was in the states when this was going on and all that jazz, is he in jail? What about Odilli? Is the armed robber in jail? Has OBJ even been investigated despite that fact that his name seems to come up in every corrupt transaction being discovered? What about Igbenidion? All the noise that was made and what has happened? What about Iyabo? A whole senator people, a whole senator who has even been reported as turning up for work, and they can't "find" her? After the whole trial of Alams what happened? The trial took so long while he relaxed comfortably that by the time it was all over, they let him go because he had apparently "served" his time during the trial fiasco. So i ask you people please, unless i am missing something, which public thief is in jail today as a result of the EFCC? This government is actually adding insult to injury when they continue talking about this non existent rule of law as business as usual continues.
Re: EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! by OsunAmazon: 11:16am On May 12, 2008
Oh please, forgive my frustration but EFCC could go jump into a ditch for all i care. People should stop being fooled by all the noise and no action and EFCC should just shut up unless they are ready to actually genuinely do anything. Can anyone please name one politician that is in jail today because of EFCC or ICPC or whatever cc? Is Ibori in jail? After all the hoopla that was caused and the noise and importance of the fact that Yardaua was in the states when this was going on and all that jazz, is he in jail? What about Odilli? Is the armed robber in jail? Has OBJ even been investigated despite that fact that his name seems to come up in every corrupt transaction being discovered? What about Igbenidion? All the noise that was made and what has happened? What about Iyabo? A whole senator people, a whole senator who has even been reported as turning up for work, and they can't "find" her? After the whole trial of Alams what happened? The trial took so long while he relaxed comfortably that by the time it was all over, they let him go because he had apparently "served" his time during the trial fiasco. So i ask you people please, unless i am missing something, which public thief is in jail today as a result of the EFCC? This government is actually adding insult to injury when they continue talking about this non existent rule of law as business as usual continues.

5 star response
Re: EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! by Sara1981(f): 4:06pm On May 12, 2008

Very good points. But I really believe that all these ex-govs will soon pay for what they've done. For Christ sake they stole billions from their people. Sam Egwu for example was so poor that he lived in a 2-bed flat before he assumed the position of being governor. You're right. The hell with the EFCC or WHATEVER CC! Thieves like Sam Egwu has already been exposed worldwide for the billions they stole, and one way or the other they will soon pay for the way they highjacked their nation! YOU BUNCH OF GREEDY MFs!
Re: EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! by Sara1981(f): 8:14am On May 14, 2008
This whole trial is joke - I would like to know what has been the end result of past trials

A very good point also!
Re: EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! by 1luvkipsus: 6:19pm On May 14, 2008
EFCC can never remain the same again.
Re: EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs! by angel101(f): 7:57pm On May 14, 2008
hmmm i am sooooooooooo bored by all this.
i am more interested in the outcome of those already started specifically unlucky igbinedion and his bro james.
in the meantime, the govt of nigeria may want to consider sorting out the non existent POWER!

(1) (Reply)

Liar From The Pit Of Hell / State Wealth In Nigeria / Editorial: An Unbaised Look At Philips Emeagwali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.