Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

5 Rules Of Every Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Rules Of Every Relationship (706 Views)

5 Rules Ladies Must Obey Before I Can Marry Them. / 5 Rules Of Being A Playboy / 3 Elements Every Relationship Needs If It Is Going To Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Rules Of Every Relationship by Omoswags(m): 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2013
When i first put up this aricle for review,i was asked if there were just five rules of a relationship. The question took me off balance at first cos at that point (and even now) i couldn't think of any other substantial rule. Then i remebered the bible when JESUS was asked the most important commandment. I wouldn't know if am right but i think am right that the following rules are the essentials needed in a relationship. Follow them and see what am talking about.

1, NEVER COMPARE YOUR PARTNER WITH ANOTHER
This is one of the greatest mistake you will ever make in your relationship." comparision". I once read an article where the writer termed it a killer disease and i completely concur. Some persons make that mistake of thinking that comparison brings out the best in someone. FINE!,maybe in some some cases it does but definitely not in a relationship. Now just in case you are in the habit of comparing him with someother guy,this is what you have been saying. "i wish i was that other guy rather than you". Yes,that may not be your true feelings,but who can tell anymore? most guys/girls want to be the only one and so when you make comparison with others it makes them feel that just maybe:there is someone else,you are just hanging on to them and when the right one comes,what stops you from jumping off?. often times we might be tempted to compare but we shouldn't. When you signed up for the relationship,you signed up for everything your partner is made of including those him/her lacks. It doesn't mean you can't atleast try to change them,but it means you should never compare!

2,TREAT YOUR PARTNER AS A KING/QUEEN
I viewed a relationship survey once on successful relationships and here's what i noticed. When asked what was special about their relationships most of them answered that they felt like kings and queens with their spouses. Very strong claim indeed!. Have you ever been on top?in a position to lead?wielded veto power? and all that? how did it feel? Beleive me,it's exhilirating. A dictionary defines a king as the best,the most important,a ruler,et al. My point being,you wouldn't want to lose such feeling. Now you may be wondering how asidious a task it is to make ono partner feel as such but the truth is that it's quite easy. The unique thing about a king or a queen is that they dont share. for me,that's the defination of "special" Having or doing what others don't. I have actully read where a girl stated that she never hug other guys but her fiance. Now as little as it seems,that special. A point might come where your spouse would really want to know what makes him/her special. How you treat them differently from others. Take an overview now; how are you being treated and how do you treat your spouse? Whatever you assessment is,know that there is always room for great improvement.

3, ALWAYS STAND FOR YOUR PARTNER
let them know you for it that you will always have their back no matter what happens. Funny,some persons don't know what runs through the mind of their partners and i do not mean literarily. Relationships that last are relationships where understanding is in order. Like i said earlier,if not anyone else,you shouldn't be able to read your partner at most times (if not all the time). That's the basis for the caption. "if i fall,i know you will be there to catch me". we are familiar with this line but does it really apply to our relationship? Be the kind of person your partner would want to be with at their worst and best hour. It's one thing for them to tell you that,but if it's true,you wouldn't need telling,you will just know it. Now ask yourself;how well do your partner confide in you? infact nowadays relationships is being abused. Your say you are in a relationship and your partner is the last to hear about your successs! The most painful of it all is that most partners don't care. You call that a partnership? Now your partner will only have your back if they know you! Stop treating them like every other person. What goes around,comes around. Trust them,bring them closer and they wikk do the same, SIMPLE!

4, NEVER TALK MUCH ABOUT EX'S
I haven't seen much of this but i heard it happens alot. sometimes the past is not just worth talking about. Your spouse would read meaning to everything you say and the bad thing is,you can't always explain yourself and humans just explainations.when you don't explain,they might aswell fill in the gap with whatever. Avoid that mistake of placing tormenting thoughts in their minds if you don't want to lose them. What's the point in talking about the old times if you are happy with he present?except you are not. It also springs up jealousy and insecurity. Imagane meeting your ex in an event you attended with your partner (yourself and your ex in good terms. GOD help you if that relationship remains the same. Insecurity- some would say it's worse than jealousy and sometimes i agree. Your partner would think of you in absentia but what would the insecured partner think about? They would probably wonder where you are who you are with and even have bad thoughts on what you might be doing. These are but amog the few scenerios you would hate to be in. Your best solution- avoid it

5, COMPLIMENT YOUR PARTNER/BE EXPRESSIVE
Your relationship will not die without this but it will get better with it. fine,you love him/her but it ladens the heart to hear it over and over. Such compliments is one thing you never get tired of but sadly it's not a common thing in this part of the would. On an online forum i saw :"how often do you say i love you to your partner?" maybe if you are more expressive,your relationship wouldn't be this boring and of coursse your partner would appreciate you better. Words are powerful so use them to your advantage.It's a win-win situation for you. Hugs,holding hands are nice too. It makes your partner feel warmt and cared for.It's quite comforting not just in movies. Try it!!!

These are my 5 rules of relationship. Digest and Apply

SOURCE: http://cityofbronze..com/2013/06/5-rules-of-relationship.html#comment-form
Re: 5 Rules Of Every Relationship by duality(m): 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
The only rule I give is to keep relationships HOLY. This is the only time tested rule for relationship. The rest are all human logic that REALLY changes nothing.

Even the Devil knows this.

(1) (Reply)

How To Flirt: 10 Steps / Have You Ever Kissed Someone With Bad Breath:p / Is It Love Or Lust?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.