Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,110 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? (22967 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ambrosini593(m): 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
Let's hear from you
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by WizPrince1(m): 10:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
You want to beat Spain with 'Ideye, Musa, Muhammed, and some other poor football rate home-based players'? Are you a learner? #Keshi

According to our Nigerian Analyst, Sunday Oliseh, The truth is that we needed our Nigerian foreign-based players who has courage, physical strength, force, skill and are well minded to Play a country Like Spain.

Nigerian Football can never improve if this politics is not removed. I think there are some players in Nigeria who plays football more than those present super eagles players but not called because they don't have finance/sponsors.

But Above All, Mikel is my best player in the world. Quote me wrong and i'll tell you to go hug transformer.
I DON WAKA!
Abeg, Join Me Lets Sing this song.
DOWNLOAD IT HERE

30 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Dranatomy: 2:09am On Jun 24, 2013
The team is OK. All we need now r good strikers....Keshi should know that no team wins without good strikers!

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by DTalented(m): 2:09am On Jun 24, 2013
Yawns..

BRB

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 2:10am On Jun 24, 2013
1) Only team to allow Tahiti to score. Remember Tahiti's team has only one professional footballer. The rest are like you and me.

2) Exit in the group stage.

3) Less respect for African football.

Grade: E

6 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by sambos994(m): 2:11am On Jun 24, 2013
Good overall, we need to work on our defensive lapses though. One minute of loss of concentration can make all the difference(as seen vs. Uruguay. Mikel was a boss in the midfield with his killer passes, totally underrated by Chelsea(I think he should move to Gala so he can be more free to do what he does best) Mba was good. Elderson has improved greatly. Ambrose is great with his skills and linking up with attack but NEEDS to improve and defending. Most of the goals came from is side. Musa is improving and is killing teams with his pace. He's getting better with his crosses, but a little more work would make the cut. Omeruo was missed in the match against Spain. Enyeama made some great saves for Nigeria (he shouldn't leave yet). Our strikers were the problem. Don't put Ideye on the field unless he's with Emenike. Gambo flopped. Akpala tried..but..eh. Oduamadi our only good striker was injured. So considering the fact that we were missing five key players(Oduamadi, Moses, Emenike, Kalu Uche, and Onazi) We did pretty well. I mean, Keshi had no choices really. Sam wants to play for Germany, Anichebe doesn't want to play now, Ezekiel for Belgium. But he shouldve invited Lukman, Eneramo, some people that are scoring goals. Overall, we played well.

81 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 2:11am On Jun 24, 2013
twas a gud performance, what we lacked were gud strikers. good ball possesion, precise passing etc

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by sambos994(m): 2:13am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014: 1) Only team to allow Tahiti to score. Remember Tahiti's team has only one professional footballer. The rest are like you and me.

2) Exit in the group stage.

3) Less respect for African football.

Grade: E

You have come again...Ghana wasn't even involved so I don't know why you're here.

3 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 2:14am On Jun 24, 2013
sambos994:

You have come again...Ghana wasn't even involved so I don't know why you're here.

Neither was Nigeria. You disgraced yourselves. If you are not going to bring it don't show up!!
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by sambos994(m): 2:15am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Neither was Nigeria. You disgraced yourselves. If you are not going to bring it don't show up!!

You do know that had a depleted squad, right?

3 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 2:19am On Jun 24, 2013
sambos994:

You do know that had a depleted squad, right?

Ghana has had a depleted squad for years. In fact we have never been able to put Essien, Prince Boateng, Andre Ayew, Muntari, Gyan etc etc on the pitch at the same time.

There is no evidence the players you were missing would have made a difference.

Emenike? He scored 5 goals in Russia! Victor Moses. He only scored 1 goal in the EPL.

Our players Essien, Prince Boateng, and Muntari have scored on Barcelona which make the core of the team that humbled you.

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Forzap: 2:19am On Jun 24, 2013
Inexperience!truth be told we still need our BIG BOYZ in dis team,players like osaze,yobo&martins. seriously we still need their experience to add 2 dis team,also keshi shld learn hw 2 manage players ego,if italy cud manage BALOTELLI why cant we manage osaze or yobo?overall average performance sha

7 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by jossy26: 2:23am On Jun 24, 2013
Seriously, the Nigerian team is just an average team with no special talent, am sure we got other good players to use but nepotism, favouritism, tribalism, etc is the bane of nigeria as a whole. Even if Musa or Gambo isn't playing well, Keshi can't substitute them. We need to bring in some of players from under 20, the likes of haruna lukman, rabiu ibrahim, chrisantus, Ajagun etc are needed in this team
By the way, why am I still up dis late
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 2:26am On Jun 24, 2013
Issac Success should have been brought!! Surely he's better than Ideye!!

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 2:28am On Jun 24, 2013
Like someone said earlier, Keshi team comprised

1 chelsea player, Enyeama and nine objects grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by onitshaigbo(m): 2:28am On Jun 24, 2013
Nigeria really had good chances to score in both the Uruguay game and the Spain game. They just couldn't finish.

I'm confident that we'll do much better next year in the World Cup.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by airmark(m): 2:29am On Jun 24, 2013
Keshi's poor player management dealt us a massive blow in the tournament. You put Ideye who nearly injured his ankle in his quest to nick in a cross, against top-class defence. Truth be told, strikers like Osaze, anichebe would have made difference. Most of the attackers paraded by keshi have no biz in goal scoring activity. Good exposure for the defenders and midfielders, though.

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by EagleNest(m): 2:29am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Ghana has had a depleted squad for years. In fact we have never been able to put Essien, Prince Boateng, Andre Ayew, Muntari, Gyan etc etc on the pitch at the same time.

Emenike? He scored 5 goals in Russia! Victor Moses. He only scored 1 goal in the EPL.

Our players Essien, Prince Boateng, and Muntari have scored on Barcelona which make the core of the team that humbled you.

such an unnecessary comparisons and rivalry. Next time, let Ghana go and represent us if they can. No need for unnecessary rantings like children.

32 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by free2ryhme: 2:31am On Jun 24, 2013
Una no dey tire undecided

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by sambos994(m): 2:31am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Messi, greatest players in the world, doesn't win squat for Argentina. Cavani, 100 goals for 140 games in Napoli, couldn't do crap to Nigeria. Just because you play well for your club doesn't always translate to your country. Moses scored 1 goal for Chelsea in EPL yet he was(along with Pitroipa) the best player in AFCON. Emenike probably wouuld've scored more in Russia if not for injuries. Anyways, say he only scored 5 goals. He was still the highest scorer in AFCON(again, would've scored more if not for injuries). Onazi was benchwarmer for Lazio, after for performance in AFCON, he plays regularly. He even helped his team to win the Italian cup.

22 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by onitshaigbo(m): 2:32am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Are you suggesting Nigeria should invade Ghana so that we would have a better football team?

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by EagleNest(m): 2:35am On Jun 24, 2013
For me, the team is not strong in the first place b/c they lack their key strikers. And meeting a strong team like Spain will require only a miracle to even draw. Next time when we are faced with such opportunity we should do better than this.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by mensdept: 2:36am On Jun 24, 2013
^^^ arent you guys tired of seeing post about Ghana when we have been talking about this year's confederation cup
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 2:37am On Jun 24, 2013
It was indiscipline on the part of Keshi to allow ideye to carry that craw craw infested mohawk to the tournament. If I was keshi, I would have used Alomo bottle to scrape the head angry

Musa should assist the jtf in searching for the bokos, cos he has no future in that team

Gambo has replaced the Nigerian word Keita which means disaster, Failure, setback, mtn, NEPA.........

9 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 2:38am On Jun 24, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Are you suggesting Nigeria should invade Ghana so that we would have a better football team?

we will invade you first!

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 2:39am On Jun 24, 2013
lucenzo: It was indiscipline on the part of Keshi to allow ideye to carry that craw craw infested mohawk to the tournament. If I was keshi, I would have used Alomo bottle to scrape the head angry

Musa should assist the jtf in searching for the bokos, cos he has no future in that team

Gambo has replaced the Nigerian word Keita which means disaster, Failure, setback, mtn, NEPA.........

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 2:40am On Jun 24, 2013
mens dept: ^^^ arent you guys tired of seeing post about Ghana when we have been talking about this year's confederation cup
alright i will stop grin
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Itoroetti(m): 2:40am On Jun 24, 2013
All we need is good strikers and the improvement of our wing pattern.mikel and musa did well.enyeama tried,but he should learn to parry the ball away from the opposing strikers.if u took note,he would have conceded more if 2 of the balls he parried were not cleared by the defenders.
Let's bring back martins,eneramo and few other guys and see what will happen.Nigeria will always be a team to beat.

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 2:41am On Jun 24, 2013
Ideye is the second leading scorer in the Ukraine league. Supposedly one of the top 10 leagues in the world!

http://www.football-lineups.com/tourn/Ukraine_league_2012-2013/Stats/

Shows you the quality of Ukrainian football grin grin grin
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by logica(m): 2:53am On Jun 24, 2013
Against Spain, Nigeria had so many unbelievable stats. The 3 I like best are:

1. First half: Nigeria had 7 shots at goal; Spain had only allowed 3 shots at goal in total from the first 2 matches.
2. Nigeria had 46% ball possession. Against Spain?!!!
3. Nigeria played Spain without receiving a single caution. No yellow or red cards. Actually both teams played very clean football.

20 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by SimplyAlfy: 2:53am On Jun 24, 2013
Lets be rational we weren't outplayed in any of our games,neither did we struggle at edge.Our flaws were finishes and atime costly lost of concentratiton imagine we the so called 'inexperienced' side playing the world and european champ 1st team with a ball possession difference of jst 6% (which i dnt agree)foget the score line,Meaning,theres quality and space for great improvement,with this..... UP EAGLES!!!

47 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs USA: FIFA U20 World Cup, Monday 27 May 2019 / Ogere, Siasia’s Mother Regains Freedom From Kidnappers / Lionel Messi Appeals Over Tax Fraud Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.