Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? (22965 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Ossaifamous(m): 6:36am On Jun 24, 2013
u guys know that the team tried..... we should work only on our srikers ... that ideye was a wrong dude on that pitch
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by iamdsam: 6:37am On Jun 24, 2013
We would have done better in our first game. In the remaining two games, I saw determination in most of our players. The only player I really have serious problem with is Musa. He's a bad player. I wonder why Keshi still kept him in our remaining two games. Maybe it's politics. I don't know
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ikeyman00(m): 6:37am On Jun 24, 2013
@@@

well i think na my turn to talk

sometimes i wonder how people assess football or are we talking about the same football

this is a very very good team; it just that they failed to take their chances

period!

the reason some people have the nerve to take some negative shot is the super eagles makes it look easy; u think it that easy? i laugh

when i say easy; just admire how consistent they keep bring the ball forward in all their match they have been playing! u got to love that; how many team in this world can do that with ease

go on people tell me? how many; they just keep coming forward every now and then but failed to finish up shocked

Nigeria ball possession is even more direct than the unnecessary and boring passing from the Spanish

any other talk other than poor defending and poor finishing is pure lies and rubbish

that team is a very good team! gbam

6 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by iamdsam: 6:43am On Jun 24, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@

sometimes i wonder how people assess football or are we talking about the same football

period!

the reason some people have the nerve to take some negative shot is the super eagles makes it look easy; u think it that easy? i laugh

when i say easy; just admire how consistent they keep bring the ball forward in all their match they have been playing! u got to love that; how many team in this world can do that with ease

go on people tell me? how many; they just keep coming forward every now and then but failed to finish up shocked

Nigeria ball possession is even more direct than the unnecessary and boring passing from the Spanish

any other talk other than poor defending and poor finishing is pure lies and rubbish

You're right. They performed well but they simply failed in the finishing
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 24, 2013
honestly musa had a gud game yesterday, for goodness sake where the hell did Keshi get gambo muhammed? Nawa o,even my street guys have more composure than that chap
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by nerodenero: 6:55am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Neither was Nigeria. You disgraced yourselves. If you are not going to bring it don't show up!!
Why do you guys hate and envy Nigerians like this?It is glaring we have what you lack,the reason for the envy.We lost but not disgraced.I will advise you face your country and leave us to deal with ours.Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ZEALMAN(m): 7:01am On Jun 24, 2013
i guess coach is not our problem... The major problem now in the squad is the striker :-) getting a new sharp striker might really help
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by fredie107(m): 7:05am On Jun 24, 2013
Keshi's men tried, just a little touch in the attack! ideye and mohammed should be in team c dats all! musa plays well but when it comes to finishing, he forgets that humans think! As for mikel, wow!!! where r his critics, let dem comment... kudos to u keshi, it wz a victorious loss to d best team in d world
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by PHAYOL81: 7:10am On Jun 24, 2013
Methink wot we need z havng d gud strikers back. Wot cost d team dearly was d trash we put upfront otherwise d game against Uruguay kuld've ended a draw @ worst N dat against Spain kuld've seen us lost 2ru a slenDer margin. Possession-wise,we were ok 2ruout d tournament but then our level of concentratn has 2 improv. Like sombody rightly said itz gud exposure 4 d boyz.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Ibime(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2013
The team played really well.

All I would say to Keshi is why take a striker with one goal for a nearly relegated team (Akpala) and leave out a striker with umpteen goals for Everton (Anichebe).

Please stop this funny bizniz. Your team is the best Super Eagles team in years but Akpala, Babatunde, Gambo and Ujeh have no business there.

AND WHAT IS YOUR BEEF WITH JOEL OBI?

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by gen2lpat(m): 7:11am On Jun 24, 2013
Nigeria did their best. Mikel is the man representing nigeria on the pitch, others are boys. Lets be truthful, Nigeria luckily brought back the nations cup cos bokina almost had them. I said it earlier, changes will not be made to the team cos they brought home the nations cup. Osaze is nt as rude as BALLOTELI. Martins is mr physical. Politics will kill us in dis country. Their are ppl in the streets dat cn play beta dan doz dat played yestade. Keshi did his best with what he has. NFF shuld go to hell!

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Adebasy: 7:11am On Jun 24, 2013
the only problem we have with this squad is lacking sharp striker our keeper 60% winger 51% mid feeder 42% striker 15% defence 49.5%
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by mrsolutionm(m): 7:11am On Jun 24, 2013
Rome wasn't built in a day,truth be told there's a great improvement in the nigeria team just dat they lack finishers those boys really tried,better luck next time
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by maclatunji: 7:12am On Jun 24, 2013
Awful.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 24, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
You want to beat Spain with 'Ideye, Musa, Muhammed, and some other poor football rate home-based players'? Are you a learner? #Keshi

According to our Nigerian Analyst, Sunday Oliseh, The truth is that we needed our Nigerian foreign-based players who has courage, physical strength, force, skill and are well minded to Play a country Like Spain.

Nigerian Football can never improve if this politics is not removed. I think there are some players in Nigeria who plays football more than those present super eagles players but not called because they don't have finance/sponsors.

But Above All, Mikel is my best player in the world. Quote me wrong and i'll tell you to go hug transformer.
I DON WAKA!
my brother thank you very much.your comment beleful me
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Rossikk(m): 7:15am On Jun 24, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@

period!

the reason some people have the nerve to take some negative shot is the super eagles makes it look easy u think it that easy? i laugh

God bless you. This Super Eagles team, with its full compliment of strikers, is in my opinion THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD.

Yes. Na me talk am!

We would have destroyed Spain if we had our strikers in place. In fact we played them with our Team C.

What really impresses me most about this team is the confidence they display on the ball, in their ball control, passing, and moving the ball around the field. It doesn't matter who they play against. They exhibit the same level of expertise and confidence in their handling of the ball. I think they're the best team Nigeria has ever produced. cool grin
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by asidere(m): 7:18am On Jun 24, 2013
what i have to say is that our team tried but we need to get good strikers to link up with the midfield so as to get goals for us.our best striker for now is emenike but we need more good strikers
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ikeyman00(m): 7:18am On Jun 24, 2013
@@@@@

Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque:
"It was a difficult match. We had an excellent rival who fought for the ball. In the end we were able to control the ball and break the match.

bbc sports africa

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ikeyman00(m): 7:23am On Jun 24, 2013
@@@

rossikk

if we took our clean chances Uruguay should have been going home in the first place

and the Spanish would have something to think about

but oh well

wat more can be said when a striker refuses to shoot even for a deflection and a gamble shocked ; too many damn touches

the finishing need to be tuned up
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 24, 2013
Mikel is still an untapped/unused talent. Dats my findings from dis tournament.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by EejaNla01(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2013
The team is getting there, the strikers are d major concern now ,I just and pray we are consistent like these till world cup.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by watchindelta(m): 7:25am On Jun 24, 2013
where is ekigho ehiosun?
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by kstyle2(m): 7:28am On Jun 24, 2013
I can beat my chest n say d eagles played very wel.we were neva outplayed in any of our games.imagine if we had emenike,moses n onazi.keshi wntd. 2 gv som fringe playas a chance 2. Prove demselves bt dey failed 2 deliver so dey shldnt blame any1 wen dey r neva invited again(ogude especialy).2 use homebased playas against d best team in d world takes guts.itz nw tym 2 bring in d uche brodas,aluko,ezekiel imoh,enaramo,lukeman n a couple of beta homebased playas.in all,our futbal has improved compared 2 d dayz of chukwu,berti Vogts,ahmodu,lagerbck.we wil get dere
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 7:29am On Jun 24, 2013
Arnoldo: you are a fool how come eminike release clause is 45m€ if he scored jst 5 goals and how many ghanian scored d number of uefa goals moses scored last season..if u dnt knw wat 2 say keepin quiet woent be a crime

UEFA goals?? In the Europa league?? I could score in the Europa league or against teams in Ukraine. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Rossikk(m): 7:29am On Jun 24, 2013
Jenams: Mikel is still an untapped/unused talent. Dats my findings from dis tournament.

It would be absolutely criminal if this guy reverts to his defensive midfield position at Chelsea. He needs to demand attacking midfield position or move to another club.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 7:31am On Jun 24, 2013
k.style:
I can beat my chest n say d eagles played very wel.we were neva outplayed in any of our games.imagine if we had emenike,moses n onazi.keshi wntd. 2 gv som fringe playas a chance 2. Prove demselves bt dey failed 2 deliver so dey shldnt blame any1 wen dey r neva invited again(ogude especialy).2 use homebased playas against d best team in d world takes guts.itz nw tym 2 bring in d uche brodas,aluko,ezekiel imoh,enaramo,lukeman n a couple of beta homebased playas.in all,our futbal has improved compared 2 d dayz of chukwu,berti Vogts,ahmodu,lagerbck.we wil get dere

Learn to spell. You failed. The USA got to the final vs. Brazil last time and they don't even care about football. You were beat by 34 year old Forlan and 32 year old Scotti who is past his best. Tahiti scored on you. Against SPain you attacked but could not score. In the end I am so embarassed!! Once again the USA in CONCACAf got to the final. Egypt beat Italy last time even though it was a weakend Italy... The only team you beat was Tahiti... How is that success. They have one professional footballer. The rest are unemployed or climbers, mechanics etc etc. A mechanic scored on your professional keeper and out jumped your professional defender.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs USA: FIFA U20 World Cup, Monday 27 May 2019 / Chelsea Considering Sending Charly Musonda On Loan After Instagram Controversy / Ogere, Siasia’s Mother Regains Freedom From Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.