Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? (22961 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 7:32am On Jun 24, 2013
Rossikk:

It would be absolutely criminal if this guy reverts to his defensive midfield position at Chelsea. He needs to demand attacking midfield position or move to another club.

Demand it from who?? who is he going to bench Hazard, Oscar, or Mata?? He plays defensive midfield because he does not have the attacking abilities at the highest level.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Rossikk(m): 7:35am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Demand it from who?? who is he going to bench Hazard, Oscar, or Mata?? He plays defensive midfield because he does not have the attacking abilities at the highest level.

What other ''highest level'' are you talking about? We've seen him perform to the highest level against Spain and Uruguay. Surely he'd do it against Sunderland if given the chance.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by EejaNla01(m): 7:37am On Jun 24, 2013
I wouldn't mind mikel leaving chelsea and play for another club that ill bring his 2005 u20wC style of play.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by nodullin(m): 7:37am On Jun 24, 2013
The only question I have is .. Who is Mohammed Gambo and does he play football as a profession
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 7:37am On Jun 24, 2013
Rossikk:

What other ''highest level'' are you talking about? We've seen him perform to the highest level against Spain and Uruguay. Surely he'd do it against Sunderland if given the chance.

Chelsea paid over 100 million for these attacking players. There is no way they would bench them for an average to below average attacking player like Mikel. If those guys were NIgerian they would be your best players. Mikel would not get in the Spanish team.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Rossikk(m): 7:38am On Jun 24, 2013
no dullin: The only question I have is .. Who is Mohammed Gambo and does he play football as a profession

He's the top scorer in the Nigerian league.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by smoothcrim2014: 7:39am On Jun 24, 2013
Eeja Nla01: I wouldn't mind mikel leaving chelsea and play for another club that ill bring his 2005 u20wC style of play.

No top club will play Mikel as an attacker. If he wants to attack he will have to drop to clubs like QPR or go to Turkey, Ukraine, or Russia.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by jostking: 7:39am On Jun 24, 2013
@naijaboy4life

You talk of messi contributing little or nothing to the argentine team, that's not true, messi is argentine's overall highest goal scorer surpassed only by gabriel baptistuta with only few goals. Messi contribution to the argentine team is quite evident in his accurate passing, effective runs and numerous assist. Please watch every argentine game before you come out with such a damning conclusion about the argentine wizard.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Rossikk(m): 7:42am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Chelsea paid over 100 million for these attacking players. There is no way they would bench them for an average to below average attacking player like Mikel. If those guys were NIgerian they would be your best players. Mikel would not get in the Spanish team.

Blah blah blah bullshiit. Mikel's world class performances as a playmaker against Uruguay and Spain fly in the face of your assertions.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by EngrChris(m): 7:43am On Jun 24, 2013
The team is ok, but our team need to learn how to move ball front always even when they are winning or more when they are loss'g, and they should stop this back pass pattern they use to play, is not good for team that is grow'g in a football world. finally we don't have stricker's that finish well for the world cup, person like: Moses, osaze, martin, emenike, with dis four in front will help Mikel n others. That is why I like Chicharito of MU.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by successking: 7:44am On Jun 24, 2013
The poor performance of the team is as a result of trial and error method of Keshi on the ground that he has absolute right to invite any player he likes, thereby disgracing a whole continent.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ikeyman00(m): 7:45am On Jun 24, 2013
@@@

smooth

i think u should limit ur views to ghana cool
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ikeyman00(m): 7:47am On Jun 24, 2013
@@@

The poor performance of the team is as a result of trial and error method of Keshi on the ground that he has absolute right to invite any player he likes, thereby disgracing a whole continent.

yes u are right

one still dey wonder how mohammed sambo got in the team

so there u go
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 7:53am On Jun 24, 2013
I don't know how to defend Ideye anymore, Keshi should keep him on the bench for now!
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 7:55am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Neither was Nigeria. You disgraced yourselves. If you are not going to bring it don't show up!!
So why does Ghana keep participating at nations cups and world cups, to tournaments they have never won?
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 7:56am On Jun 24, 2013
Forza p: Inexperience!truth be told we still need our BIG BOYZ in dis team,players like osaze,yobo&martins. seriously we still need their experience to add 2 dis team,also keshi shld learn hw 2 manage players ego,if italy cud manage BALOTELLI why cant we manage osaze or yobo?overall average performance sha
What is BIG about those boys? It's too early to be drunk.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 7:58am On Jun 24, 2013
jossy26: Seriously, the Nigerian team is just an average team with no special talent, am sure we got other good players to use but nepotism, favouritism, tribalism, etc is the bane of nigeria as a whole. Even if Musa or Gambo isn't playing well, Keshi can't substitute them. We need to bring in some of players from under 20, the likes of haruna lukman, rabiu ibrahim, chrisantus, Ajagun etc are needed in this team
By the way, why am I still up dis late
Do you keep up with the performance of those players? Tell me where Rabiu and Chrisantus plays? Nonsense post.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Wallyguy(m): 7:58am On Jun 24, 2013
I hope naija boiz learn from their early elimination in the competition.... And I want Keshi to stop being arrogant to some key nigerian players cos experience counts no matter what.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 7:59am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014: Issac Success should have been brought!! Surely he's better than Ideye!!
We don't need a Gaynaian's advice, keep off!
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 8:00am On Jun 24, 2013
airmark: Keshi's poor player management dealt us a massive blow in the tournament. You put Ideye who nearly injured his ankle in his quest to nick in a cross, against top-class defence. Truth be told, strikers like Osaze, anichebe would have made difference. Most of the attackers paraded by keshi have no biz in goal scoring activity. Good exposure for the defenders and midfielders, though.
Anichebe has no biz on goal scoring activities he's a wrestler, Osaze has 9 goals in ten years for Nigeria. How will he suddenly become Messi? We need Imoh Ezekiel.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 8:05am On Jun 24, 2013
chyk91: Where is ekigho ehiosun? I tnk we shud invite lukman haruna, sone aluko, imoh ezekiel, still try and reach out to sidney sam as he can still represent us cos he has played a competitive game just friendlies for germany. Naija did okay, we just nid a better benc
h dasall.
Fûck Sidney Sam, we don't need mercenaries. We need players who actually want to play for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ikeyman00(m): 8:06am On Jun 24, 2013
@@@

everybody keep banging on experience ; wat experience; i guess u cant have both

as for me everything in life got golden rules so it not just about experience

u have strikers that lack confidence and simply refuse to shoot at one touch

against uruguay they were looking to dribble pass the goalkeeper

and u have defenders that keep breaking the golden rules

as a defender u must open up ur body to know where the attackers as well as the ball is

did our defend know torres was behind him?

as against uruguay ist goal why is the attacker in front of a defender; if there is a cross who do u think will get there first?

lets us learn how things work sometimes
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ginas: 8:09am On Jun 24, 2013
This is the best Naija Team since the 1994 squad. This team can go places, they just need to address the top striker position as well as the right side of the defence (all goals conceded in the conf was for that side).

The team will mature with time and learn from their mistakes I believe.

Nice job KESHI
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by honguqia: 8:09am On Jun 24, 2013
I wish I could move to another planet.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 24, 2013
It pains me that we dont know how to analyse football..what are you all ranting about...as far as i knw the nigerian team of the nations cup till date is the best in a long while..look at the beautiful possession football we play..even italy with pirlo and montolivo couldnt keep possession as we did and dont forget they where beaten 4-0 by this same spain..italy didnt create half of the chances we did..am sure we can beat spain and thats a fact..we all know this is not our full team..no emenike,no moses,no onazi,even oduamadi who is a good addition was also injured...and all those yapping rubbish about the nigerian defence are ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
You want to beat Spain with 'Ideye, Musa, Muhammed, and some other poor football rate home-based players'? Are you a learner? #Keshi

According to our Nigerian Analyst, Sunday Oliseh, The truth is that we needed our Nigerian foreign-based players who has courage, physical strength, force, skill and are well minded to Play a country Like Spain.

Nigerian Football can never improve if this politics is not removed. I think there are some players in Nigeria who plays football more than those present super eagles players but not called because they don't have finance/sponsors.

But Above All, Mikel is my best player in the world. Quote me wrong and i'll tell you to go hug transformer.
I DON WAKA!
you are right bro, i wish to see d nigeria team i ve knw b4 cuz dis new boys are not yet experienced... . . Bt i wonder why keshi brought only new faces . . . . . Or they tink they are playing African cup?
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 8:12am On Jun 24, 2013
SuyaEater: Exactly what we lacked going into the confederations cup is exactly what we saw in the confederations cup.....

I like where this team is going and the discipline keshi has brought....no more because I am based abroad I will automatically get a shirt...you have to fight for it....when a coach call u up and you say you don't wanna play (anichebe, ameobi, shittu) ...keshi will not call u up again..who do you think u are?.....with that said we need the experience of osaze out there....let bygones be bygones....I think this team will be good at next's year world cup....with the same afcon squad and bringing a player like osaze off the bench....then beefing up other positions on the team.

I like what I saw against uruguay and spain....we are almost there
You were making sense until you mentioned Osaze. Osaze's problem with Keshi starts from when he was substituted against Rwanda after contributing nothing in the match, he refused to play the next matches because of that. Imagine what it will be like if he's benched. You guys should get real, some of his tweets even suggested that he's no willing to seat on the bench for club or country no matter his performance. You guys should get real.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 24, 2013
God4bid who said we should bring yobe? That father of mistakes..it was just because omeruo was injured thats why we had some lapses last night..we dont need martins that old cargo that runs faster than the ball,who even mentioned eneramo that person must be a geek...the only mistake keshi made was not inviting ik uche,we also know that musa wouldnt be starting if our squad is complete..he''s just an impact player,he's better as a substitute..all in all keshi is the best coach in africa and nigeria the best team..how can people forget so easily that nigeria used to play sluggish and lazy football not too long ago but now they play cordinated and entertaining football..kudos to them..i just hope injuries do not affect us in the world cup..then we'll shock the world..
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by BCELLS(m): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2013
Nig vs Spain: Spain (8 barca players,2 madrid players) vs Nigeria (1 chelsea player, Enyeama n 9 moving objecTs....

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by AK481(m): 8:18am On Jun 24, 2013
ola_pluto: The team served its purpose: To tell us our position in world football. The obvious lapses were glaring. The positives are massive, the negatives are minor. Mark Lawrenson (popular premier league pundit with BBC) was full of praise for the Nigerian team against Uruguay. The potential of this team is exciting.
If the team qualifies for the world cup, I expect to see a formidable team all together. This current super eagles are hard to play against. They are very effective going forward. The finishing part is a psychological thing. Once they calm down and become more confident, goals will come.
Oboabona, Omeruo, MIKEL, Echiejile, Ambrose, Musa and Oduamadi are all almost sure of making the world cup team.
I will like Keshi to try out some local goal scorers. Gbolahan Salami is matured and gives that bullish central striker option. He can deputize for Emenike. The wings are OK once Victor Moses and Oduamadi are back.
Unfortunately, I think Sunday Mba runs out of ideas quickly. Nosa Igiebor is a better option. Fegor Ogude is toooo sluggish, John Ogu is excellent. Micheal Babatunde needs more confidence. Gambo
wettin do gambo? angry
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Dee60: 8:19am On Jun 24, 2013
We had tough opponents, but the boys put up a good display. The manager has tried. You are as good as the players you have. Forget all the noise about Jose Mourinho. If he was in charge Spain would still have done the damage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release / #WorldCupDraws: We Will Beat Argentina Again – Atiku / Nigeria Vs USA: FIFA U20 World Cup, Monday 27 May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.