Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk (1865 Views)

Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives / Oby Ezekwesili On HARDTALK On BBC Live / Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by smile4kenn(m): 1:47pm On May 12, 2008
Did any of you watched this guy speak about corrupt issues in Nigeria on Hardtalk, BBC.

I just finished watching the program this morning and i feel this guy is a criminal. His diplomatic way of answering questions and its Obvious that he is a professional Psycho.
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by Jamco45: 3:22pm On May 12, 2008
grin Politicians never give straight answer to any question.
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by FufuKing1(m): 6:43pm On May 12, 2008
You can watch the whole interview here:

http://falecerto..com/2008/05/dimeji-bankole-bbc.html

It is absolutely criminal that this buffoon is the speaker for the House. He was so combative, rude and evasive. He feels as if he and the Nigerian government are above reproach. Look at how he spun and swerved when he was asked about the fairness of the elections. He said that the losers of the election will always claim it was unfair, but it wasn't the losers who were complaining! These were objective, non-partision, internation electoral observers! Shame.
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by SkyBlue1: 7:31pm On May 12, 2008
Interesting, not yet finished watching it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b00bgbqz.shtml?order=aztitle%3Aalphabetical&filter=channel%3Abbc_news24&scope=iplayerchannels&start=1&version_pid=b00bgbm7
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by McKren(m): 7:34pm On May 12, 2008
Dimeji Bankole was as honest as he can be as a serving speaker in the same Government

Though I have no doubt in my mind that he said a lot of things that even he does not believe in

However Nigerian politicians should be told that wearing the flag on their lapel is no substitute for patriotism, there is no point looting the treasury and doing nothing about the hopelessness of the mass of our people but yet be the first to wear Nigeria's flag on the chest.
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by lucabrasi(m): 7:58pm On May 12, 2008
the thing you guys dont seem to understand about the guy is that,he never expected to get to that post and also his mien of humility deceived a lot of people into thinking he is the real deal,if you go back to chewck his reputation especially from the time he moved to nigeria to the time his dad got him into politics,you ll realise he isnt that quiet,smiling respectful guy most nigerians think he is, did you see his statements in lagos as well about the local governments and pdp reps in the house of assembly?

a student leader was making a comment and asking questions in the public stake holders thing they did in lagos,and you needed to se how bankole brow beated the guy down and more or less told the guy off like a lil kid,he s just showing his real colour now that he is secure
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by BigB11(m): 8:01pm On May 12, 2008
Why?
Too many are Too corrupt for Too long!

The dude didn't have any choice but to dance to the same music.
The dude has 50 Godfathers (the folks that placed him in his current position as speaker of house of Rep); 51 out of these 50 Godfathers are extremely corrupt to the bone. In fact, some of these Godfathers have been corrupt even before Demeji Bankole was born.
So, what do you expect from this dude? Do you expect him to disrespect his Godfathers?

The man has done well, he has done what a typical Nigerian politician would have done.

There would never be an improvement in Nigeria till a proper uncompromising strategy is put in place to rectify corruption.
I say, modify the law and start dropping them like flies, right in the middle of their various home-town. I guarantee that in just few months we would all witness the birth of New Nigeria.
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by naijaking1: 8:35pm On May 12, 2008
Bankole's interview was actually good. He speaks well (compared to so many in naija), he is young and ebulient, and did not seem to be attached to OBJ's apron strings. Of course, his answers have to be diplomatic, he is a politician.
His only problem: he badly needs a dentist!
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by BigB11(m): 8:56pm On May 12, 2008
His only problem: he badly needs a dentist!
Actually, I thought the dude had a piece of cow skin in his mouth through out the interview.

My man, it's a little bit too late for a dentist; I say, carry on my brother. There are tons of Nigerian chicks that wouldn't hesitate to give the brother an extended french kiss.

I still love the dude! It isn't about the size of your teeth, it's all about the size of your brain.
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by McKren(m): 9:00pm On May 12, 2008
shebi the guy is single

I no go mind be his in-law sha , lol
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by deor03(m): 9:52pm On May 12, 2008
I think the interview was fair enough.
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by Jamco45: 11:04pm On May 12, 2008
He tried its not easy to be grilled on live TV by BBC.
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by Leps05(m): 1:49am On May 13, 2008
Thanks for the links.I really appreciate the viewing experience. grin grin
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by ADint(m): 2:18am On May 14, 2008
The guy did pretty well - He stood his ground (rightly or wrongly) and did not allow the host to intimidate him. He also showed matured restrain, a lot of the questions the show host was asking also needed to be asked about the UK govt., on the contrary I think it was the host that was rude.
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by DisGuy: 3:56am On May 14, 2008
ADint:

The guy did pretty well - He stood his ground (rightly or wrongly) and did not allow the host to intimidate him. He also showed matured restrain, a lot of the questions the show host was asking also needed to be asked about the UK govt., on the contrary I think it was the host that was rude.

watch Newsnight with Jeremy paxman* and even more Hardtalk, that's the norm!

he badly needs a dentist!
true its not too late-appearance is part of public service
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by naijaking1: 3:58am On May 14, 2008
After listening to IBB, OBJ, Abubakar, and others over international media for a long time, I was actually proud of this guy, despite his poor dentition.
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by lucabrasi(m): 7:25pm On May 14, 2008
after watching the interview i came away with nothing positive about the guy,he was dancing round the question,like the man said he was being unnecessarily diplomatic,even issues that are obvious he s denying it happened and faced with the amaechi quote he made some half lame excuse, on the whole i wasnt impressed and he is lucky it wasnt jeremy paxman, jeremy will destroy him within minutes
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by dangermous: 8:05pm On May 14, 2008
I no see wetin dey evasive for this guy interview.

E do well in my opinion.
Re: Demeji Bankole(speaker House Of Rep) On Hardtalk by Lady2(f): 9:19pm On May 14, 2008
He said that the losers of the election will always claim it was unfair, but it wasn't the losers who were complaining

Don't twist the man's statements. He didn't say the losers. He said people were complaining most especially the losers.

I think he handled the questioning well and one has to be diplomatic about such things. Especially with Nigeria being under scrutiny the world over. Anything he says will be taken as gospel and may even be skewed. We've seen that happen not just in Nigeria also.

I commend him on the way he answered the questions about probing Obasanjo. He repeatedly said "the house" and not himself. He knows what can be spurned from him saying that he wanted Obasanjo probed, so he had to say "the house." He answered the question without implicating himself.

With that being said. What is up with his teeth? My goodness, someone get that man a dentist.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Was Better Than Yar'adua? / Unicef Decries High Infant Mortality Rates In Nigeria / Should Nigeria Be On The Terror Watch-list?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.