Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (144299 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
peppy luv: wink grin am from umunnachi in dunukofia local govt

I see,I have a lot of cousins from Umunnachi...Nne,nothing do you. Dey fine dey go. wink
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by PetroDolla: 11:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
Cusubaba: CAMEROONPRIDE and his wife in a village at Cameroon.
nice pix, eedioot
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 03, 2013
osinachukwu: guy I want u to do a little brain storming,sit down on a cushion place your head on your palm and have a deep tthought,I DON CHOP?,weytin concern you with igbo buisness,na your land? Envious ofe,go and open your dirty thread about yoruba dirty villages paste a pic of your dirty yoruba's fathers gutter,amadioha lee gi amu,ebaha ino,ekwensu!! In hausa you re the type they call rago,shege dan iska kawai!!
You can cry me a river, if you like. The truth is that those buildings are not from villages. They are probably Eastern cities images. However, I don't quite understand some of what you wrote.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by igboboy1(m): 12:38am On Jul 03, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Nwanne,this has nothing to do with Ndi Anioma,as we don't have any problem with you. But you can't stand by and watch somebody stain the Image of your people.

Bros i no be Anioma...I am a little bit enlightened so I dont associate with that anymore.you can call me nwa oshimili.

Bia which people are they staining the image of?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by igboboy1(m): 12:38am On Jul 03, 2013
peppy luv: I apologise for not counting u in,I luv u guys

no wahala.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 03, 2013
Great thread
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
4 d sake of my imo frnds nd inlaws I will not argue with u but one question 'how many of u knw hw to spk ur language nd travel home? U definitely one of d 'my mama say I be Igbo' onye ala wu otu di ka gi
Cajetan speaks: As if anambra pass Imo in anything..
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
ak47mann: igbo village in igbo ukwu anambra state

Whose house is that in Igbo Ukwu that I do not know?
Are you from Igbo-Ukwu?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
Images, please. I would be interested to see those red mud houses with all pleasure. grin grin grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OneNaira6: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
all4naija: Images, please. I would be interested to those red mud houses with all pleasure. grin grin grin

Jealousy go kill you. Instead of making a fool of yourself on this thread, crying that your mate are making more than you and building mansions in their village, why don't you pray to God for the same blessing.

Save your energy for something progressive jor.

4 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Whose house is that in Igbo Ukwu that I do not know?
Are you from Igbo-Ukwu?
i have friends from igbo-ukwu,"osita" his house in the villa am from nnewi south cool
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
peppy luv: 4 d sake of my imo frnds nd inlaws I will not argue with u but one question 'how many of u knw hw to spk ur language nd travel home? U definitely one of d 'my mama say I be Igbo' onye ala wu otu di ka gi
nne onye ebee ka ibu?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
One_Naira:

Jealousy go kill you. Instead of making a fool of yourself on this thread, crying that your mate are making more than you and building mansions in their village, why don't you pray to God for the same blessing.

Save your energy for something progressive jor.
grin grin grin grin grin grin. It hurts! Bwahaha... Do you have images?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
ak47mann: i have friends from igbo-ukwu,"osita" his house in the villa am from nnewi south cool
Ok. Utuh, Amichi, Ezinifite, Osumenyi? My house in Igbo ukwu shares a border with Amichi and my maternal grand mum is from Amichi too.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OneNaira6: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
all4naija: grin grin grin grin grin grin. It hurts! Bwahaha... Do you have images?

You see more in pain than me.
You've been on this thread for 3 pages straight ranting, crying and fighting. Pretty much making a damn fool of yourself especially when FSM destroyed you few pages back but hey do you, if shame no dey catch you yet, na who be me to tell you wetin.

6 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 1:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Ok. Utuh, Amichi, Ezinifite, Osumenyi? My house in Igbo ukwu shares a border with Amichi and my maternal grand mum is from Amichi too.
ibu nwadiana na Amichi.. cool
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
One_Naira:

You see more in pain than me.
You've been on this thread for 3 pages straight ranting, crying and fighting. Pretty much making a damn fool of yourself especially when FSM destroyed you few pages back but hey do you, if shame no dey catch you yet, na who be me to tell you wetin.
Post your images for us to see. I would like to see genuine ones not those whitewashed photos posted earlier. You can not deceive me with your lies here.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
ak47mann: ibu nwadiana na Amichi.. cool

Three of my aunties are married to men from Amichi. One is Goddy Ezike's mum and another one is married to the Anyaegbu's family.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
all4naija: Post your images for us to see. I would like to see genuine ones not those whitewashed photos posted earlier. You can not deceive me with your lies here.
Guy, shame no dey catch you? That you don't have nice houses in your village doesn't mean other don't. The houses you see in Nollywood movies are still available but are very few. You'll have to go to seep-interior villages to able to see one. Almost everybody in Igbo villages are constructing one structure or the other. It's like a competition and no one wants to be outdone. That's Igbo culture. So, i don't know why you would even be surprised. Can't you even see the background where those houses are located. Do they look like cities? Don't you know what a city looks like?

3 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OneNaira6: 1:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
onila: some interiors

Onila why you go torture me like this. By Gods grace, my house go reach pass this level. My father's house reach this level but by Gods grace, my own go pass this level.

See house.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OneNaira6: 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Guy, shame no dey catch you? That you don't have nice houses in your village doesn't mean other don't. The houses you see in Nollywood movies are still available but are very few. You'll have to go to seep-interior villages to able to see one. Almost everybody in Igbo villages are constructing one structure or the other. It's like a competition and no one wants to be outdone. That's Igbo culture. So, i don't know why you would even be surprised. Can't you even see the background where those houses are located. Do they look like cities? Don't you know what a city looks like?

The poor boy is in pain so leave him. can't you see his tears? Leave him sha.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Guy, shame no dey catch you? That you don't have nice houses in your village doesn't mean other don't. The houses you see in Nollywood movies are still available but are very few. You'll have to go to seep-interior villages to able to see one. Almost everybody in Igbo villages are constructing one structure or the other. It's like a competition and no one wants to be outdone. That's Igbo culture. So, i don't know why you would even be surprised. C[b]an't you even see the background where those houses are located[/b]. Do they look like cities? Don't you know what a city looks like?
Those are the suburbs of those cities, my friend. Stop lying here.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
all4naija: Those are the suburbs of those cities, my friend. Stop lying here.
Brother, those houses are in villages as stated. There could be some from the suburbs but I can assure you that there are even better houses than the ones shown on this thread in interior villages. But the funny thing is that most of those houses don't have people living in them and are only occupied during Xmas period and other festivity periods.

In fact, owners of many of those houses pay people to live in the compound to look after it and keep it tidy.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2013
Parts of our fence;

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
My brothers pls stop arguing with the ofe mmanu fool cald all4naija, the truth hurts so he is tryin to fight it but its not possible cuz those structures are not imaginations but real and he will kp seeing it and dying of jealousy! we knw wat yoruba villages look like 4rm their movies(I dnt evn watch those rubbish cuz I can't stand those ugly old bleached up actors)
Open up a yoruba house thread nd let me gv u pix of the village we r carrying out MDGs projects. Disgusting dirty set of cowards!

3 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Three of my aunties are married to men from Amichi. One is Goddy Ezike's mum and another one is married to the Anyaegbu's family.
oh that is nice,goody ezike seen him numerous times is a small world my brother,anyaegbu family do u mean chisco luxurious transport? i know a lot of anyaegbu families....
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Brother, those houses are in villages as stated. There could be some from the suburbs but I can assure you that there are even better houses than the ones shown on this thread in interior villages. But the funny thing is that most of those houses don't have people living in them and are only occupied during Xmas period and other festivity periods.

In fact, owners of many of those houses pay people to live in the compound to look after it and keep it tidy.
How many villages are electrified in Nigeria or Eastern Nigeria? The bone of content is that there are more red mud houses in the Eastern villages that few brick houses with electricity found in the suburb of cities. I opt for aerial-view images of those villages people claimed those mansions are built.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
peppy luv: My brothers pls stop arguing with the ofe mmanu fool cald all4naija, the truth hurts so he is tryin to fight it but its not possible cuz those structures are not imaginations but real and he will kp seeing it and dying of jealousy! we knw wat yoruba villages look like 4rm their movies(I dnt evn watch those rubbish cuz I can't stand those ugly old bleached up actors)
Open up a yoruba house thread nd let me gv u pix of the village we r carrying out MDGs projects. Disgusting dirty set of cowards!
Lol... Do you have problems with Yoruba people? This is clearly an argument on buildings not about tribes, my friend. Your lack of self-esteem is giving you away with cheap behavior. You can cry me a river least I care. Igbo villages are full of red mud buildings. That is a complete fact!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Torch1(m): 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
Torch1: It was not easy wiring this gigantic hall in Ibagwa Nike village in Enugu state.

But i thank God i succeeded.
Now, i want to showcase my work in this gigantic village hall in Ibagwa Nike Enugu state!

Like i said earlier i and my crew did the conduit wiring and the fittings in this beautiful magnificent hall in Ibagwa Nike Enugu.
If you find it impressive and you need my skill in your dream home just let me know because man must wack!

Daalu nu umunne!

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ceejayluv(m): 5:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
all4naija: Lol... Do you have problems with Yoruba people? This is clearly an argument on buildings not about tribes, my friend. Your lack of self-esteem is giving you away with cheap behavior. You can cry me a river least I care. Igbo villages are full of red mud buildings. That is a complete fact!
Dude, nobody claimed our villages were "cities"... We're showcasing our rural masterpieces. And yes! Dr. Obvious, there are still mud houses in some villages. I personally would luv such mud huts to be preserved as well.... You can go and rest now and allow the rest of us enjoy the thread...
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
all4naija: How many villages are electrified in Nigeria or Eastern Nigeria? The bone of content is that there are more red mud houses in the Eastern villages that few brick houses with electricity found in the suburb of cities. I opt for aerial-view images of those villages people claimed those mansions are built.

I believe you've not actually been to the East to make such remark. Imo State is completely covered with electricity network even though there is very little power as we have all over Nigeria. I assume you are Yoruba, hence you don't understand the Igbo concept of village. Some people's village are in the heart of a city like an Ngwa from Umungasi or Onitsha from Fegge or Owerri Nchise or Ibeku in Umuahia. Even though to none indigenes Owerri is a city, the indigenes of Owerri call it their village. That said, there also exists a part of Igboland that is not completely urban but has a non-stop sprawl that stretches from Awka-Idemili-Igboukwu-Nnewi-Ekwulobia of Anambra to Orlu-Nkwerre-Ideato-Isu-Mbano axis of Imo State and areas around it. In this area, you'll drive from village to village without much bush or boundary apart from sign posts.

As for the pictures, most of them are from rural areas. This one is an aerial view of Agborji village in Abiriba, Ohafia LGA of Abia State..

4 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2013
all4naija: How many villages are electrified in Nigeria or Eastern Nigeria? The bone of content is that there are more red mud houses in the Eastern villages that few brick houses with electricity found in the suburb of cities. I opt for aerial-view images of those villages people claimed those mansions are built.
That is not true. Most villages in the SE at least in Anambra where I come from are connected to the national grid but mostly through communal efforts with little or zero government support. In my village Ugbo Ukwu, I haven't seen any mud house since the late 90's. I've traversed most parts of the village and haven't seen any. There might be one or two but I haven't seen.

Now, if I may ask, have you been to any village in the East before? If you don't mind, I can take you on a trip to the East in August of this year so you see things for yourself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.