Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143856 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by shine12: 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2013

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2013
adaobi123: Anyone from awka ?

I wish I was at Awka now: I would have posted some impressive pictures.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by fullblast(m): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
peppy luv: Lol at yorubas being united, na today? Don't worry kp saying what makes u feel good, backstabbers and cowards! Pigs!
Olodo rabata
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
all of una be learner. if I come post pictures of houses in Nnewi or my grandmothers at awkaetiti. una go kno as e Dey go
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
You should stop fooling around with biased information. All Nigerian villages have primitive buildings back into time.

This image below is probably sourced from the city.

How many villages have electricity in Nigeria while all the buildings posted so far seem to have power cable. Bwahaha...

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ZE: 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
all4naija: You should stop fooling around with biased information. All Nigerian villages have primitive buildings back into time.

How many villages have electricity in Nigeria while all the building posted so far seem to have power cable. Bwahaha...

It's obvious we are not at the level of sharing unnecessary argument. silence would've been the best answer to retards as you appear to be.

Post your own pictures if you have any, this tread was not opened to pick on others you lunattic

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatic: 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
ZE:

.....this tread was not opened to pick on others you lunatic

That about sums it up. He is a lunatic
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2013
ZE:

It's obvious we are not at the level of sharing unnecessary argument. silence would've been the best answer to retards as you appear to be.

Post your own pictures if you have any, this tread was not opened to pick on others you lunattic
I am now lunatic. When did Nigerian village homes become modern houses? Your argument is clearly made to incite troubles. And, that I am not going to entertain here with all enthusiasm.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ezemmuo1: 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
Sunny_bobo:
Have you been to Awka-Etiti?
stop asking silly questions....let's see pics....am waiting for those my VIRRAGE IS BETTER THAN URS to come show us what they've got not ignorant rants
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
all4naija: You should stop fooling around with biased information. All Nigerian villages have primitive buildings back into time.

How many villages have electricity in Nigeria while all the buildings posted so far seem to have power cable. Bwahaha...

guy I want u to do a little brain storming,sit down on a cushion place your head on your palm and have a deep tthought,I DON CHOP?,weytin concern you with igbo buisness,na your land? Envious ofe,go and open your dirty thread about yoruba dirty villages paste a pic of your dirty yoruba's fathers gutter,amadioha lee gi amu,ebaha ino,ekwensu!! In hausa you re the type they call rago,shege dan iska kawai!!

4 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ezemmuo1: 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2013
Les: you lie, look at the roads,very muddy and untarred... But come to Anambra state, my village in Idemmili to be precised, almost if not all the roads are tarred and then see houses, no tok am again o..
ehe here they come our silly illiterate brothers from AMAMBRA...."My VIRRAGE IS BERRa than urs"
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by prinsoka: 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
Unbelievable!!! This is the home of AMA Breweries
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by prinsoka: 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2013
Unbelievable!!! This is the home of AMA Breweries. But one thing that is sure in this life is that it could flip in a matter of seconds. One morning u wake up in a scum ass bag as a house, and the next morning u probably will be waking up in a 1.5 million dollar castle. So that ur village is not on point today doesn't mean that the people in ur village will never be on point again
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ezemmuo1: 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Empty chest beating , how many people live in in those houses?

Out of 30-35M Igbos how many even own a house?
about 30million out of the 35...now what's the name of ur tribe again in cameron
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
all4naija: I am now lunatic. When did Nigerian village homes become modern houses?
So Nigerian villages will and can never develop until the world ends, just because they are Nigerian villages? Smh4u, i doubt your Nigerian origin.
Let me tell you, development is coming into Nigeria and local government areas/villages are also touched by this development.
If your villa ain't developed, that doesn't mean other people's villa ain't developed, at least with fine houses and electricity. Peace#

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ezemmuo1: 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
basilo101:
i tnk nnewi, awka-etiti, amichi and igbo-ukwu r d richest towns igboland
and eventually ur fathers compound against others...in ur brain torched midget mind
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
Ezemmuo_1: about 30million out of the 35...now what's the name of ur tribe again in cameron
You don't know, neither do I know. But he knows the names of almost every tribe in Nigeria. I tell you, people won't know about you until you are famous.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ezemmuo1: 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2013
peppy luv: Ok na,here comes my papa village house in umunnachi Anambra state
your fathers house?were is your own?now I know this thread was made by kids and for kids
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Yujin(m): 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2013
Nice buildings! Igbo ekenem unu.
I could remember the time some of my colleagues were making jest of Alaigbo . I kept mute until we visited a community in Njaba, Imo state. I welcomed them to Alaigbo from Agbor, Delta state, intermittently explaining what was evident before us. At Njaba(can't rmb the name of the community1) , the were shocked beyond belief. From the look on their faces, you could tell what was going on on there mind: a gradual transformation. After then their pride was shattered and more regard was accorded umuigbo. Let our achievement speak for us.

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ezemmuo1: 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2013
Ola Johnson: Where are the "Channel O" houses with roofs made of palm fronds we see on Nollywood movies?
AMAnbara
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ezemmuo1: 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
youngmonie: Dont mean to be ignorant, not from d east, but heard ANAMBRA indigenes (business men and all) are d wealthest among d Igbo tribe.
no need to hide ur identity...we can smell you from a mile with ur myopic illiterate mentality "our virrage is berra than their virrage"
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Inoknowbook: 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
Ezemmuo_1: no need to hide ur identity...we can smell you from a mile with ur myopic illiterate mentality "our virrage is berra than their virrage"

Nwoke m nye efe ebe a. Gaa tuo nna nna gi ha obala na anya, ezemmuo.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by oboy3(m): 9:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
Ezemmuo_1: ehe here they come our silly illiterate brothers from AMAMBRA...."My VIRRAGE IS BERRa than urs"
ebee ka nkea si daputa?...where this one come out from
guy,abeg,quite fighting youself
the "virrage is berra than ur virrage" joke was funny the first 500 times u said it now go and sleep
anumanu

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OkBounce(m): 9:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
Umunne m, what we have to understand is that a typical oily Yoruba person would definitely find a way to denigrate us....ooops! i forgot,is in their genetic make up.@at topic let's keep em' flowing!,wish i could post mine too....

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by skoltic12: 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2013
Wow, lovely architectural masterpieces do abound in the villages. I've been in the east for about 4 years now & have been fascinated by the inspiring edifices in the middle of nowhere. However, it those behoove us to spare some thought for the hapless dwellers in these villages. There was an outreach program in Obollo-Afor where poor villagers scrambled for such mundane items as toilet roll right next to the imposing wall of one of such empty mansions. It's also worthy to note that these dwellings don't usually provide any other value to surrounding dwellers apart from the aesthetic.
Also, these houses pose a security threat sometimes as they've been documented cases of stolen cars stored in such or serving as walled fortresses shielding ritualists and kidnappers from the public eye.
Signs of frustration are also becoming apparent with rising cases of kidnapping of kinsmen on yearly visits. I treated someone who was mobbed on returning to his village in Oji river for Xmas celebrations.
Thankfully, some effort is being made towards helping rural dwellers. I was glad to see a mobile health facility donated by diasporans @ d eastern medical centre some time last year. However, more still needs to be done in the area of infrastructure, roads, healthcare, etc
While, these challenges are not localized to the southeast alone, it will be good to highlight more of these & seek ways to alleviate their hardships over there, because the majestic house being presented does not exist in isolation. We need to see the urgency of d situation as things are not getting better back at home. Remember the saying ; ' Soon the poor will have nothing left to eat but the rich'
(I'll appreciate if there's no name-calling here as this is a public forum and all I've done is lay out my views on an issue that I witness regularly. Constructive replies welcome, thanks)

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Yujin(m): 12:29am On Jul 02, 2013
4chi: Ugly unoccupied "mansions" in the midst of nowhere and adding absolutely NO VALUE apart from massaging the very fragile ego of the largely illiterate ibo " money miss road" trader . Yet gorillas still jump all over the cyberspace beating scrawny chests and making absolute fools of themselves. You really can take okoro out of the village but you can never take the village out of okoro..... We will start taking you seriously the day you go back to your villages and stay put.
'Ugly' is not the right word and you know that. Rejoice with he who progresses ro that it may eventually get to you. Yeah, in the jungle gorillas remain the king among primates and Nigeria is a jungle. Finally, according to the time of life many of us shall leave your land and return to our place if that will make you happy.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 02, 2013
4chi: Ugly unoccupied "mansions" in the midst of nowhere and adding absolutely NO VALUE apart from massaging the very fragile ego of the largely illiterate ibo " money miss road" trader . Yet gorillas still jump all over the cyberspace beating scrawny chests and making absolute fools of themselves. You really can take okoro out of the village but you can never take the village out of okoro..... We will start taking you seriously the day you go back to your villages and stay put.

such bitterness.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by igboboy1(m): 12:55am On Jul 02, 2013

peppering the flesh? eya ndo..take heart. Bia rie nwkobi.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by yarodin: 1:08am On Jul 02, 2013
patmaine:

such bitterness.

Abegi no mind di bobo ojare. If you see wentin Chris-OD do them for the "Yoruba Village" thread you will understand their anger, jealousy, and frustration. I mean after the slide show of poverty that was put on display, If I bi Yoruba I no go open mouth again.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by PassionD(f): 7:24am On Jul 02, 2013
Wǎ̜̣̍τ̲̅'s-wrong-with-my-account-cos-I-can-no-longer-view-pix-and-it's-heartbreaking.-Someone-should-help-pls.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Daniel058(m): 10:07am On Jul 02, 2013
Even ASO,rock villa lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.