Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143531 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija:

This your comment says it all. That is my stand on this matter as well, although, I haven't been to Eastern region before. Now that their claims have been proven wrong it means there is not argument, whatsoever, to say the images they have posted all along represent Igbo villages. The truth is that red mud houses can not be separated from African villages, even in South Africa that is way developed than Nigeria.

That being said, there is never a time when constant electricity has been recorded in Nigeria. Saying there is constant power supply in those Eastern counties villages is an absolute lie which even the most certainly (Americans)can disagree with.

I have had a lot of this kind of conversation with many individuals in this forum over stating things the way they are before. This particular one comes at a time when some individuals live to show off, they do that for the simple reason of self-aggrandizement and possible inferiority. I think most of them are deceived by their very belief on tribalism despite claiming to be all Nigerians. Many Nigerians are very puffy in nature. Indeed, that is not helping matters.

I think you are very smart and interesting to have chat with. I admire your explanation. It is very refreshing at the end to see an Igbo person telling it the way it is.

Thank you very much and I appreciate this your very contribution with all enthusiasm.

Let's just for this sake of entertaining you silly argument that there are mud houses in Igbo villages. is that the purpose of this thread? The thread owner is asking people to post images of their village homes and you're asking for mud houses. If you live in a mud, sorry to dissapoint you but we don't.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by eagleeye2: 10:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: The problem with Igbo people is that they always find people who are always jealous of them when you say the truth. I don't think any Igbo person alive or dead has anything I would be jealous of.

The pictures you posted are not of villages but cities.

Thank you.
If you abhor good things of Life, may the Good Things of Life never be your portion. Amen.
In addition may you be Blessed beyond imagination, if your posts potray without any bias the true position of houses/buildings in Igbo villages. Amen.
But if your posts in this thread doesn't potray the true position of buildings in Igbo villages, may the good Lord whom I serve give you your due reward. Amen.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
Nna lekwanu artikul from Mr. Troll ooo!
Gwa kwa nu enyima ka o bere ya ebere o! Mu nwa ga apikwa ya amu ebe a. Okwa nwa-Aba ka ya na ya na emeko ihe o.gringringrin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by biafransoul: 10:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija:

This your comment says it all. That is my stand on this matter as well, although, I haven't been to Eastern region before. Now that their claims have been proven wrong it means there is not argument, whatsoever, to say the images they have posted all along represent Igbo villages. The truth is that red mud houses can not be separated from African villages, even in South Africa that is way developed than Nigeria.

That being said, there is never a time when constant electricity has been recorded in Nigeria. Saying there is constant power supply in those Eastern counties villages is an absolute lie which even the most certainly (Americans)can disagree with.

I have had a lot of this kind of conversation with many individuals in this forum over stating things the way they are before. This particular one comes at a time when some individuals live to show off, they do that for the simple reason of self-aggrandizement and possible inferiority. I think most of them are deceived by their very belief on tribalism despite claiming to be all Nigerians. Many Nigerians are very puffy in nature. Indeed, that is not helping matters.

I think you are very smart and interesting to have chat with. I admire your explanation. It is very refreshing at the end to see an Igbo person telling it the way it is.

Thank you very much and I appreciate this your very contribution with all enthusiasm.

I think something is really wrong with you; Have you been to igboland before? Where I come from I can categorically tell you that you can't find a mud house and if you don't believe it, just go and hug the nearest transformer

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2013
eagle,eye:

If you abhor good things of Life, may the Good Things of Life never be your portion. Amen.
In addition may you be Blessed beyond imagination, if your posts potray without any bias the true position of houses/buildings in Igbo villages. Amen.
But if your posts in this thread doesn't potray the true position of buildings in Igbo villages, may the good Lord whom I serve give you your due reward. Amen.
Nna nwanne, ife nke a ekpo gi ka ose cameroun. Lol, lekwa ofo i na ago n'elu isi diokpa ahu. Odikwa denjaru-ôsû.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 05, 2013
peppy luv: grin grin yea I hv somtin to tel u saddistsadin american accent)ur popa used ur moma 4 bl^d money
LOl... grin grin grin I can see you are taking the heat. You are angry now. Bwahaha... That's one sweet anger I like to see here.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by redcliff: 10:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
eagle,eye:

[size=14pt]Pele the good lord doesnt answer selfish prayers. Amen![/size]

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by eagleeye2: 10:54pm On Jul 05, 2013
donigspain: Nna nwanne, ife nke a ekpo gi ka ose cameroun. Lol, lekwa ofo i na ago n'elu isi diokpa ahu. Odikwa denjaru-ôsû.
Nwanne, nwata a' maro udi iwe n'ewe mu ebea. Ejere m' akwukwo n' ala ndi be fa, mana enwero m' ike ichefu ala be nna m.
IGBO EBUKA, IGBO AMAKA, onye ona ewe iwe ya buru okuko uzo laba ura.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
eagle,eye:

What the F**K?! Did you just call God into this argument? You are insane, dude.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by eagleeye2: 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2013
redcliff:

[size=14pt]Pele the good lord doesnt answer selfish prayers. Amen![/size]
He answers when you have RIGHT on your side. He sees the heart of all men (even when you hide behind a keypad), and He will render due recompense.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
Let's just for this sake of entertaining you silly argument that there are mud houses in Igbo villages. is that the purpose of this thread? The thread owner is asking people to post images of their village homes and you're asking for mud houses. If you live in a mud, sorry to dissapoint you but we don't.
The Op title says to 'post your photos of IGBO village houses. It means it can be any village but it must be your photo.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by eagleeye2: 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: What the F**K?! Did you just call God into this argument? You are insane, dude.
I can only call the ONE who sees the Deepest secret of every man's heart (even when you hide behind your keypad).
He will render due recompense to everyone according to his deeds, word of mouth and secret desires of his heart.
Don't be afraid, if and only if your intentions are Honourable in this Thread.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by redcliff: 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
eagle,eye:

He answers when you have RIGHT on your side. He sees the heart of all men (even when you hide behind a keypad), and He will render due recompense.

[size=14pt]ok *rme*[/size]
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by eagleeye2: 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija:

This your comment says it all. That is my stand on this matter as well, although, I haven't been to Eastern region before.

You haven't been to the eastern region before, but you are quick to call those that Hail from the eastern region LIARS.
this thread is not an argumentative thread but you and your likes have suddenly turned a beautiful thread into a mini e-war Zone where insults are traded back and forth.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 05, 2013
eagle,eye:

I can only call the ONE who sees the Deepest secret of every man's heart (even when you hide behind your keypad).
He will render due recompense to everyone according to his deeds, word of mouth and secret desires of his heart.
Don't be afraid, if and only if your intentions are Honourable in this Thread.
You are still very much attached to fairy tales. So sad of you though.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by eagleeye2: 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: You are still very much attached to fairy tales. So sad of you though.
I am not ashamed to be attached to "fairy tales" as you call it. I have a Living God.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2013
Lwkmdfh
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2013
eagle,eye:

I am not ashamed to be attached to "fairy tales" as you call it. I have a Living God .
The one living in your dream.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by eagleeye2: 11:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: The one living in your dream.
You abuse my God and not me. The Bible said "only a fo.ol says there is no God".
I am done quoting you or replying you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
eagle,eye:

You abuse my God and not me. The Bible said "only a fo.ol says there is no God".
I am done quoting you or replying you.
Now you are crying foul after bringing your legendary God into the matter.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by redcliff: 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: Lol... grin grin grin Why is it hard to find mud houses in Anambra, an African all rather Nigerian county? There are red mud houses in every Nigerian village. The images on-line of a true Igbo villages are of red mud bricks. The problem is that you are confusing suburb for a village here, which is an error on your side.

Please, post an aerial view of those villages you claimed those buildings to be and list their names along them for us.

Thank you.

[size=14pt]Lol. weel you be renting the helicopter for that Ariel view shot? [/size] grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by odumchi: 11:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim:

There is indeed an Agboji village in Abriba
In addition to the bowler hat, take a look at their wrappers and shirts/suits. There is nothing Igbotic in them for a cultural event.

That is how Igbo people from the Ohafia-Abiriba-Aro-Edda axis dress. Their attire is very similar to that of the Ibibio-Efik. I myself have those very garments.

Besides, the Igbo in Abia and Rivers are known for wearing bowler hats.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 12:54am On Jul 06, 2013
odumchi:

That is how Igbo people from the Ohafia-Abiriba-Aro-Edda axis dress. Their attire is very similar to that of the Ibibio-Efik. I myself have those very garments.

Besides, the Igbo in Abia and Rivers are known for wearing bowler hats.

Yeah you're right.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by redcliff: 12:57am On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija:

I have had a lot of this kind of conversation with many individuals in this forum over stating things the way they are before. This particular one comes at a time when some individuals like to show off, they do that for the simple reason of self-aggrandizement and possible inferiority. I think most of them are deceived by their very belief on tribalism despite claiming to be all Nigerians. Many Nigerians are very puffy in nature. Indeed, that is not helping matters.

I think you are very smart and interesting to have chats with. I admire your explanation. It is very refreshing at the end to see an Igbo person telling it the way it is.

[size=14pt]the bolded alone should explain alot. coming from someone who is outside the system[/size]
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 1:27am On Jul 06, 2013
Whitaker takes on a title.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 06, 2013
Abagworo: Whitaker takes on a title.
Lol... Is that ceremony done in Igbo village?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 9:36am On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: Lol... Is that ceremony done in Igbo village?

Yes in Nkwerre, Imo State.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 9:52am On Jul 06, 2013
Very colourful pictures. I love IGBO land... I love my heritage!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 06, 2013
donigspain: Very colourful pictures. I love IGBO land... I love my heritage!
Everybody loves his heritage, including me...
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
So you expect folks to post true pics of their hometowns or hamlets in this faceless forum..u must be joking then undecided

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Malawian(m): 10:57am On Jul 06, 2013
Yiboe_monkeys:
So you expect folks to post true pics of their hometowns or hamlets in this faceless forum..u must be joking then undecided
oya come and help us post our true pictures. ode.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99