Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,524 members, 7,837,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143868 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 2:49am On Jul 08, 2013
MALLAM MAKING SUYA

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 2:53am On Jul 08, 2013
MORE

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by aniiii(f): 2:54am On Jul 08, 2013
ak47mann: MALLAM MAKING SUYA

cry cry cry cry poor eutherian mammal cry

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by aniiii(f): 2:56am On Jul 08, 2013
beautiful ladies kiss

I like igbo girls cool

cool friends to have cool

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 3:05am On Jul 08, 2013
ANAEDO

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 3:17am On Jul 08, 2013
IGBO AMAKA cool cool

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Malawian(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
the way we "chop-up" jeun soke. everyman wey show must game. if this way a yoruba party, if you dont know anybody there, na hunger go mama you go back house grin grin grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
Yiboe_monkeys:
then dey vex because S/E people be flock of diseases in their west lands..

like i said, dis thread is very interesting. Cute pix everywhere, C' mon, join in d fun
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
Cletus Ibeto,Omekannia na Nnewi. Ndi ogiliga balu na nwa. We all have little change but money pass money. I have met Ibeto in person.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
Shhh... That image with the half-cut cow is graphic, man.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
It is clear those images are celebrity homes. There is no argument to say they belong to the poor and represent Eastern village houses.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 4:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaahahaha.

Some body dey vex...lwkmd. Guy, no b our fault. Na God
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
all4naija: It is clear those images are celebrity homes. There is no argument to say they belong to the poor and represent Eastern village houses.

Thank you.
this guy is cursed walahi
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
osinachukwu: this guy is cursed walahi
Lol...Hahaha... I am cursed by Harry Houdini. Bwahaha... wink wink wink
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by achi4u(m): 8:30am On Jul 10, 2013
all4naija!

they are saying the truth.

thank u
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 10, 2013
achi4u: all4naija!

they are saying the truth.

thank u
The truth is that those images are not of village houses, they belong to celebrities.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by achi4u(m): 10:32am On Jul 10, 2013
all4naija: The truth is that those images are not of village houses, they belong to celebrities.
Chineke!
My guy I hope you are not serious?
infact manage travel to east.

Again ur nt serious!

bye

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by redcliff: 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
[size=14pt]I can confidently beat my chest that the Eastern part of Nigeria is fast becoming developed with the way everyone tries to oppress by erecting masterpieces they call homes and its due to the fact that every Igbo man feels that that is the final place where he'll seek solace when the time comes. (when he finally decides to leave your hidden land where he made his wealth). The world knows it, Nigerians too know it, the Igbo man is the most industrious being in the african continent and never relents in striving to do better than others in his clan. Its more like a competition. A Conscious friendly one..Sometimes its not ( a discourse for someother time). I can bet that there is no other dispersed (in the sense that the people who matter do not even spend up to 10% of their time there) part of Nigeria that can boast of what's going on in the East hinterlands. I Read through where people are smearing the authenticity of pictures been posted here and i can only just laugh because they have not been there before. I would have loved to take a picture of my father's house in the village but on second thought i asked "what point would it make, the antagonists would still hate and they won't still get it. They are not of the Igbo Heritage,They do not understand how the brain of the igbo man works, they,....do not believe something really tremendous can come out from a place where their fathers staged a war and killed a lot of our people. they do not understand that an Igbo man can survive in the desert for days or weeks even without food or water. This is evident by our brothers who travel to an alien land with NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING! and make a success out of their lives. whatever means he got that success through is a topic for another day. My point is; we are result oriented, its in our build, no war can take that from us no form of castigation can take that from us.

Ever wonder why they keep going back and forth with you? telling you that not one of your kind both alive or dead has anything they want? Its because you have something they admire, they know, they are in denial, deep down they envy you they want to be like you, you know why, because they are not like you and they don't know how to become you. You don't read it in a book, neither can you download it online, Its in our blood. Now answer this question, would you go back and forth with someone who you is not at par with you? No, don't tell me your answer, the first thing that came to your head it the right answer. You should be happy they keep trying to pull you down because they have esteem issues with you. You know how you can beat them? keep posting your Igbo houses pictures, pictures don't tell lies, they are worth a million words. that's how you can win. Judging from the Nigerian entertainment scene you would see that Igbos aren't the majority so you cannot come and tell us people who have powerful edifices are all celebrities. I am not an Igboist but imagine this, Almost all your villages are turning into beautiful countryside ranches where you can relax and have the best peace of mind in the world wink even without the people who made them the way they are spending most of their time there in a given year. Imagine if we had our way with Biafra smiley, imagine what we would have done with what we have

Its totally wrong to judge other people especially when you do not know how the person wakes up in the morning or how the person goes home at night. the thing is that an Igbo man would prefer to look like the fool in your eyes and you know what having that advantage means? The Igbo truck pusher in Lagos has an ultra modern duplex standing in his father's compound in his villa, the Igbo DVD seller in your area somewhere in ring road Ibadan, has a sweet bungalow that would sell for millions if uprooted from the soil in his hometown and dropped somewhere in Orile Iganmu, Lagos.

My people be happy with what you have. No man can take that away from you. Not even spiters nor the haters. Ask them why they are bearing a grudge against you? Igbo AMAKa!!!

IGBO KWENU!!! [/size]

17 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
@ redcliff

Igbo braggart as usual! Hahaha...
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by amakaenetanya(f): 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
onila: enugu

6 Foot Pool Of Rain Water For Boiling Beef n $ex Feet Deep Kiddie Pool Super $ex For All Mud Hut Homes For All Humanity $ex Feet Tall For All Humanity If Eat Beef n Apples n Pears Go In Burnt Black Clay Pots As Stored Side Food Not Dessert n No Baskets Of Wheat Bushels n Herbs Still Food

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by amakaenetanya(f): 11:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
omongbatic:

Ignoramus. 90% of such houses as you described above are built for the movie to depict 17th century Igboland. We have matured and grown better than you and yours. The photo in this my post is one of such Nollywood houses that you will look really, really hard to find in real life anywhere in Igboland of today

Meanwhile in this link https://www.nairaland.com/1336032/photos-yoruba-villages are photos of Yoruba villages as we see them in real life.

House Flat Topped Round House n No Thatched Roof n No Trees Never Before Visible Except In MounTains Rarely

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 11, 2013
redcliff: [size=14pt]I can confidently beat my chest that the Eastern part of Nigeria is fast becoming developed with the way everyone tries to oppress by erecting masterpieces they call homes and its due to the fact that every Igbo man feels that that is the final place where he'll seek solace when the time comes. (when he finally decides to leave your hidden land where he made his wealth). The world knows it, Nigerians too know it, the Igbo man is the most industrious being in the african continent and never relents in striving to do better than others in his clan. Its more like a competition. A Conscious friendly one..Sometimes its not ( a discourse for someother time). I can bet that there is no other dispersed (in the sense that the people who matter do not even spend up to 10% of their time there) part of Nigeria that can boast of what's going on in the East hinterlands. I Read through where people are smearing the authenticity of pictures been posted here and i can only just laugh because they have not been there before. I would have loved to take a picture of my father's house in the village but on second thought i asked "what point would it make, the antagonists would still hate and they won't still get it. They are not of the Igbo Heritage,They do not understand how the brain of the igbo man works, they,....do not believe something really tremendous can come out from a place where their fathers staged a war and killed a lot of our people. they do not understand that an Igbo man can survive in the desert for days or weeks even without food or water. This is evident by our brothers who travel to an alien land with NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING! and make a success out of their lives. whatever means he got that success through is a topic for another day. My point is; we are result oriented, its in our build, no war can take that from us no form of castigation can take that from us.

Ever wonder why they keep going back and forth with you? telling you that not one of your kind both alive or dead has anything they want? Its because you have something they admire, they know, they are in denial, deep down they envy you they want to be like you, you know why, because they are not like you and they don't know how to become you. You don't read it in a book, neither can you download it online, Its in our blood. Now answer this question, would you go back and forth with someone who you is not at par with you? No, don't tell me your answer, the first thing that came to your head it the right answer. You should be happy they keep trying to pull you down because they have esteem issues with you. You know how you can beat them? keep posting your Igbo houses pictures, pictures don't tell lies, they are worth a million words. that's how you can win. Judging from the Nigerian entertainment scene you would see that Igbos aren't the majority so you cannot come and tell us people who have powerful edifices are all celebrities. I am not an Igboist but imagine this, Almost all your villages are turning into beautiful countryside ranches where you can relax and have the best peace of mind in the world wink even without the people who made them the way they are spending most of their time there in a given year. Imagine if we had our way with Biafra smiley, imagine what we would have done with what we have

Its totally wrong to judge other people especially when you do not know how the person wakes up in the morning or how the person goes home at night. the thing is that an Igbo man would prefer to look like the fool in your eyes and you know what having that advantage means? The Igbo truck pusher in Lagos has an ultra modern duplex standing in his father's compound in his villa, the Igbo DVD seller in your area somewhere in ring road Ibadan, has a sweet bungalow that would sell for millions if uprooted from the soil in his hometown and dropped somewhere in Orile Iganmu, Lagos.

My people be happy with what you have. No man can take that away from you. Not even spiters nor the haters. Ask them why they are bearing a grudge against you? Igbo AMAKa!!!

IGBO KWENU!!! [/size]
chukwu gozie gi rinne,u ve said it all. Lovely write up,ezigbo mmadu ki'ibu.IGBO KWEEEEEEENU!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 11, 2013
amakaenetanya:

House Flat Topped Round House n No Thatched Roof n No Trees Never Before Visible Except In MounTains Rarely

[img]http://www.millan.net/anims/gifs/cookin.gif[/ img]
weytin this mumu dey post sef
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by mrlovefield: 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
you fink igboland is like ur papa vilage
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by londoner: 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
Can we have more pictures of Igbo houses in the village, please?

This thread is going off track.

I have not been to the village in years, but the last time I went there I did not see many mud/thatched houses. They were there, but very, very few.

It is not to say that the village was full of mansions at that time, but most houses were made of bricks/cement.

Even though many of the houses posted, may belong to people who have lots of money, it is still they're house in the village, is it not?

I see no reason why someone who has a successful job or business in Abuja/Lagos or abroad etc would have a mud hut at home.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
Magnificent HOUSE For God in nnewi

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
Apartment for let in nnewi

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
The new Nnewi central park is now taking a good shape following the demolition of the old park, popularly known as Nkwo triangle. The new park is now located at Agbor Edo main market Nkwo Nnewi beside Nwanyi Imo bus stop. Buildings are being erected in the park, offices, shopping complex and mini shops that went around the park. The architectural plan is of high standard with a touch of creativity.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
Nnewi is really taking shape. I wish we could introduce the mayoral system of government whereby cities like Nnewi, Onitsha and Aba will have Mayors. it will speeden development in these cities.

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
secondary school in nnewi village well equip

more brains coming up......

INNOSON NNEWI
POLICE PICK UP VANS

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
NNEWI VILLAGE

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.