Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,939 members, 7,824,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

How Did Black People Become Black? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Black People Become Black? (32841 Views)

Jesus Is The Reason Why People Become Atheists / How Do People Become Atheists / Why Do People Become More Spiritual When They Are Poor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: How Did Black People Become Black? by mandarin: 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
I don't know whether anyone has ever thought of what happened when god divided the language of the people at the Tower of Babel. Maybe God did not just divide their tongues but also their pigments. Well if not, I don't think God created whites or blacks separately. If the Bible story is true then all races are descendants of Noah.
When Esau was called red and hairy, it was definitely because his complexion was distinct from the ubiquitous appearance of his father's house and race, he looked different, with much hair unlike jacob and with red skin. We all know there are no specifically red skinned people today or white ,or brown or yellow, but red could be inferred to be close to lighter skin than what was previously obtained. Esau's generation would have produced a whole lots of red people in varieties because he inter married a lot.
I think to know the colour of the children of jacob is to know the colour of the Egyptians at the time because Joseph has the same pigment with them.
It doesn't matter who conducted researches and wrote books but this is the info age and we need to know the truth. Take for instance how could Oduduwa fall through a chain from the sky? Wasn't that to mean his descend was a mysterious event? We cannot just believe everything a man writes because he had a great deal of researched from oxford, we will be excluding the vital possibility of arrogated superiority pursuit which can influence findings.
I believe a chunk of west african people moved to their present location may be from east africa may be from Mesopotamia. I do know that the Yoruba people of west Africa do know about the Nimrod/Abraham story or they were part of it. Whether the Israelites were negro or not they definitely had spread into every existing genes in the world through inter marriage, captivity.
Re: How Did Black People Become Black? by Thiaoouba: 6:38am On Jul 26, 2020
It is very interesting that you read Thiaoouba Prophecy, the book. What do you think about it?

wirinet:

Sorry, if i sounded a bit harsh, but you seem to be mixing up lots of issues together. The post was about how black people got their black (actually dark brown) skin pigmentation, and i felt that lots of people had taken time to give the scientific explanation. So i thought you wanted to start another creation vs evolution debate again.

If you actually wanted to discuss other possible origin of man (homo sapiens) or why there are different races, you should have said so, and maybe started another thread in that regard.

I am not against, looking a issues from a different perspective. In fact at one phase of my life, i was highly interested in the intervention (aliens) theory. I have read most of Erik Von Daniken's books, i even downloaded, printed and studied The Thiaoouba prophecy. So you see i had really given the issue some thought.

The problem was that as my science understanding improved, i started picking wide gaping holes in these theories. If i should go into them, i will have to write a whole book. But the most obvious ones are that, It is scientifically impossible to break the distance barrier between our solar system and the next solar system capable of sustaining life. secondly, it is highly improbable that life from another planet would look exactly like we do, and can survive in our atmosphere not to talk of being able to breed, that is even if they can be beamed directly here.

I enjoyed watching the videos, and i think there might be some merit in some of his postulations, like the one about some hominids still surviving til today (even though it is yet to be conclusively proven). But to say that we (homo sapiens are not indigenous to earth to me is ridiculous. If you say not indigenous to lower and colder latitudes, i agree. But you cannot say we are not adapted to the tropics.

I will look further into Lloyd Pre's postulations and let you know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Penuel Mnguni Stepping On His Members (Photos) / 'Voice Of The Cross' Performs At The Lord's Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi Imo / Shiloh 2016 Opening Ceremony: 'My Case Is Different' - Live Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.