Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,786 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Rip-offs At Nigerian Airports - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rip-offs At Nigerian Airports (7742 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics / 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above / World Most Dangerous Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rip-offs At Nigerian Airports by onmyown(m): 11:20am On Jun 05, 2008
For starters Katherine, I dont know why you find my contribution hillarious.
On another note I have been hopping through various airports across the country and i must say some people are being paid for work not done. The chillers at the domestic wing Abuja airport dont work and the atmosphere is close to jankara market. As for enugu airport a guy in uniform highjacked my lugage before I could get my feet off the taxi. I went after him and got my lugage forcefully from him and told him i do not need his help. Then when you arrive the lugages are driven into the arrival hall as the conveyor belt is not working. Please dont use the toilets.

However I must commend the dream and conception of the MMII Lagos. There is some degree of sanity there.
Re: Rip-offs At Nigerian Airports by Novice1(m): 11:36am On Jun 06, 2008
@all,
thank you all 4 ur responses.
When I made this post, I thought mine was an isolated case.
Now I know that the rot is ubiquitous.
Even the airports are not spared.
Uniformed security agents become daylight robbers.
withh all the govt noise about servicom, anti-corruption, etc.

I think we need a revolution cool SERIOUSLY

Peace to all
Re: Rip-offs At Nigerian Airports by Wokeyim(f): 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2008
Yes, just get evidence on ur phones and report to the necessary authorities. Even without evidence, petitions can be submitted at info@efccnigeria.org and they will be attended to. Let's not just complain, do something (positive) about it!!
Re: Rip-offs At Nigerian Airports by Wokeyim(f): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2008
quote from Igbonla
You paid because you really wanted to make that trip. What if you forfeited the trip simply because you wont pay bribe? How much sacrifice are you willing to make for the battle against corruption? We can keep shouting and screaming but those guys will keep demanding and collecting the bribes until we start refusing to give.

So what alternative or battle against corruption will you give to someone who says an official attempts to implant cocaine on him for money? Should he, for the sake of anti-corruption, refuse to pay and go to jail?
Re: Rip-offs At Nigerian Airports by Odum: 9:25pm On Jun 08, 2008
There are openings for EXTRAORDINARILY INNOVATIVE Mechanical and Electrical Engineers in a New Project in Nigeria’s Aviation Industry.
Criteria:
1. A good first degree from a recognized University
2. NYSC + 2 years working experience (Engineering)
3. Excellent communication and people skills
4. High Emotional Intelligence and willingness to learn

Send a copy of your resume/CV to extraordinarilyinnovative@gmail.com on or before Friday 13th June 2008
Re: Rip-offs At Nigerian Airports by hannydarl(f): 11:27pm On Jun 15, 2008
In may when I travelled i kindly asked the lady who was checking my bag in to put my final destination on my luggage tag instead of the transit country cos my box was delayed for 1 week the last time i traveled due to that same error she asked me what I will give her if she does it can you imagine to pay her for doing her job.Told her i dnt have any money to give.The way nigerian airport staff ask for money from people without shame is a thing of worry to me as for carrying food stuff out that one you must pay they wont let you carry it in peace I was once asked to pay 2k naira for crayfish not worth 500 naira i told them to keep the crayfish instead.Its a shame corruption in nigeria is soo visible yet we gett angry when foriegners say nigeria is very corrupt.
Re: Rip-offs At Nigerian Airports by igbonla(m): 10:01am On Jun 19, 2008
Wokeyim:

quote from Igbonla
You paid because you really wanted to make that trip. What if you forfeited the trip simply because you wont pay bribe? How much sacrifice are you willing to make for the battle against corruption? We can keep shouting and screaming but those guys will keep demanding and collecting the bribes until we start refusing to give.

So what alternative or battle against corruption will you give to someone who says an official attempts to implant cocaine on him for money? Should he, for the sake of anti-corruption, refuse to pay and go to jail?

I can't tell you what to do, it's your choice but you don't complain when you have exercised that right. I am a Nigerian living in Nigeria, I have sets of rules I live with because it is a jungle life out here. I treat people right but will not corrupt them, pls read my postings on this thread and you will have an idea how I navigate my way around. The challenge is that the first thing people think about when in funny situations is bribing their way out especially when they are threatened with something serious like drugs.
People patronize tout so they can fastrack their passage

Wokeyim:

Yes, just get evidence on your phones and report to the necessary authorities. Even without evidence, petitions can be submitted at info@efccnigeria.org and they will be attended to. Let's not just complain, do something (positive) about it!!

There is nothing to send to the EFCC once you have paid bribe as you noted above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa Denied Please Help Me Reapply! Urgent! / China Southern Airline , Your Cheapest Tickets To China And Dubai! / Between Denmark,poland,ireland And Sweden...where???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.