Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno (17624 Views)

Photos Of Boko Haram leaders captured by the army recently / Army Rescues 95 People, Nabbed Two Boko Haram Leaders (pics) / 4 Boko-Haram Leaders Arrested & 200 SUVs Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by TechyGuy: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
Following the raid of Mandara Mountains and Sambisa forest in Borno State, the Special Force has captured 11 Boko Haram leaders, including one of those suspected to be behind the posting of online videos.
But the Special Force also recorded unspecified number of casualty in gun duels with Boko Haram insurgents who are regrouping in Borno State.

According to a member of the nine-man team which visited Borno State on an appraisal tour, the Special Force is making progress in warding off aggression from Boko Haram members who had shifted base to Manadara mountains, including Gwoza and 1 Kirawa Hills which are under heavy surveillance.
The nine-man team was led by the Director of Operations in the Defence Headquarters, AVM M. O. Faloyin.

The source said: “The land and air raid of these mountains have yielded results in spite of the difficult nature of the terrain. The special troops have captured more than 11 leaders of Boko Haram, including one of the coordinators suspected to be behind the posting of online videos.

“We are hopeful that we will be able to secure these mountains, hills and forests in the next few days. We won’t allow the insurgents any breathing space.”

A statement by the Director, Defence Information, Brig-Gen. Chris Olukolade, confirmed the arrest of some Boko Haram leaders but it was silent on the actual figure.
The statement also confirmed that the Special Force recorded some casualty in one of the units deployed to secure the mountains and Sambisa Forest.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/special-force-captures-11-boko-haram-leaders-in-borno/
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by TechyGuy: 7:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
The Federal Government troops deployed to Yobe and Borno have captured some notorious leaders of the terrorist group, Boko Haram, and recovered various weapons.
Brigadier General Chris Olukolade, Director of Defence Information, disclosed this in a statement issued in Abuja on Tuesday.
In the statement, Mr. Olukolade gave the report of a nine-member Defence Headquarters Operational Assessment Team, sent by the Chief of Defence Staff, Admiral Ola Ibrahim, to the two states.
Mr. Olukolade said the team visited troop locations in various parts of Borno and Yobe.
“The commanding officer narrated the conduct of the operation to rid the (Sambisa) forest of the insurgents who had made the location their sanctuary,” he said.
The spokesman quoted the commanding officer as saying that some notorious leaders of the terrorists had been captured while some materials recovered in their camp had provided useful intelligence for subsequent operations. He did not name the captured Boko Haram leaders.
“The team was shown the various weapons, including rockets and locally fabricated weapon accessories captured in the forest,” he said/
He said items recovered included a large number of Improvised Explosive Devices- making materials, laptops, mobile communication equipment used for shooting and posting online videos, as well as locally made rockets and rocket launchers.
“Also, seized vehicles of different brands were shown to the team.
“Several vehicles destroyed by the terrorists as well as their tailoring equipment apparently used in producing fake uniforms were also shown to the team,’’ he said.
He said the commanding officer told the team that the unit suffered casualties in men and equipment.
The defence spokesperson said troops were currently engaged in night and day patrols of the area to dominate the forest and apprehend any terrorist who might be lurking around. He said the Chief of Defence Staff expressed satisfaction with the high level of successes so far recorded in the operation.
Mr. Olukolade said he thanked the troop for a job well-done, and urged members not rest on their oars until the entire region is fully sanitised and cleared of all terrorist activities.
He said the troops were assured of regular logistic support.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/139602-nigerian-forces-capture-boko-haram-leaders-recover-weapons-dhq.html
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by vizboy(m): 7:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by mike404(m): 7:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
HOW ABOUT THEIR KINGPIN BUHARI

11 Likes

Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by Beaf1: 11:25am On Jun 26, 2013
^
Rubbish! Does Buhari needs to be captured? One must be on the run or hiding before the word 'capture' can be used on him.

@post

When will they capture the chewing stick eating bastard? The alien and YouTube broadcasting coward?
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by Okijajuju1(m): 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
Sweeeeet!!

Everyday for the Terrorist... 1 day for the Federal Government. grin

The North is enjoying its own special brand of FRESH AIR... Its called FRESH TORNADO!! grin

12 Likes

Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
mike404: HOW ABOUT THEIR KINGPIN BUHARI

I still want that guy to be President

4 Likes

Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
when will they capture well known politicians who sponsor these terrorists??

1 Like

Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
ledafaze:

Then you can have your own country in the Sahara desert and have him to be your president there. Is that hard for you to understand?

On topic, I think they should be put in MAX prisons. Great job guys! Get these a$$holes out of Nigeria. It is very un-Nigerian.

7 Likes

Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
Good Job

Me I no wan hear AMNESTY later o...

No Amnesty angry

1 Like

Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
mike404: HOW ABOUT THEIR KINGPIN BUHARI
lwkm
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by Johnnyhoo(m): 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
why all these arrest,arrest & arrest...what's happening to execution,execution & sentencing?

2 Likes

Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by WIZGUY69(m): 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
JTF should be with those pigs i will bring the head of shekau in two week time!! *i still dey flog the bastard first*

2 Likes

Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by visalo: 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
they should capture their laeder now buhari

1 Like

Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by AlPicapcI(m): 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
vizboy: .
niceone mehn!!
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by idowuswap: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
igbos should be kill asap,dont let dem form again,jtf are working why igbo want 2 spoil dis nation thas why den plenty 4 prison
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by Freiburger(m): 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
If not for the strained relationship with the US, they should have been sent to guantanamo bay for confession. grin grin
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by sayso: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
ARES: when will they capture well known politicians who sponsor these terrorists??
The captured terrorists will confess their names.
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
ledafaze:

santa forbids
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by WIZGUY69(m): 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
ledafaze:

mumu who u want make he be president
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by AlPicapcI(m): 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
idowuswap: igbos should be kill asap,dont let dem form again,jtf are working why igbo want 2 spoil dis nation thas why den plenty 4 prison
?
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by kstyle2(m): 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
Dis embarasmnt is fast comin 2 an end.shoutout 2 d nigerian army,jtf,nscdc,police,sss,boys scout,lastma,d.o.p.t,mopol,civilan jtf.all of una na God go bles y'all.i see a peaceful,blessd n developd 9ja very soon.@i'mk.style reppin IcEcItY

1 Like

Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by idowuswap: 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
idowuswap: igbos should be kill asap,dont let dem form again,jtf are working why igbo want 2 spoil dis nation thas why den plenty 4 prison
igbo like ritual why ?animal igbo in nl,talk im listening Bleep dem all
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by brownlord: 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by WIZGUY69(m): 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
what is this one saying Who be igbo??

3 Likes

Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
Nice one jtf
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
WIZGUY69: JTF should be with those pigs i will bring the head of shekau in two week time!! *i still dey flog the bastard first*
u dey flog with your epanfe cheesy
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by brownlord: 12:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
k.style:
Dis embarasmnt is fast comin 2 an end.shoutout 2 d nigerian army,jtf,nscdc,police,sss,boys scout,lastma,d.o.p.t,mopol,civilan jtf.all of una na God go bles y'all.i see a peaceful,blessd n developd 9ja very soon.@i'mk.style reppin IcEcItY

What about those boko haram group on nairaland, you no go thanks them
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by kstyle2(m): 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
.people like u are the reason we have middle fingers.check urself u r fast becoming a loose canon.f.y.i i aint igbo jst a true 9ja dude

1 Like

Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by Afroconnect: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
God bless Nigerian army-frequent air raids and aerial bombardment will sen their souls to their 79 virgins faster...dont waste time,just bomb the evil invaders-Shekau,a bloody Chadian coming to cause problem in Nigeria-they all must die.Nigerians kill them where ever you see them,dont be a fool,terrorists are evil,they love only their fellow killers.
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by mathskill: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
This is good news to the ear. Enough information should be squeezed out of the vampires like squeezing juice out of an orange. I wish the JTF Goodluck(not Jona)hahahaha!
Re: 11 Boko-Haram Leaders Captured In Borno by omiobo: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
Chai! Game over for boko haram. These people na real chicken.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others / FCTA Speaks On Rumoured Boko Haram Attack In Abuja / Bandits Attack Kaduna Community, Kill 2 Persons Including APC Ward Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.