Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? (2158 Views)

Pizza Website Project / A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. / How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
A2J:

judging by these two websites, I wont even pay you 100k angry

Lols.
Re: How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? by Ojukwu24(m): 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
Kingsonly: i would build for at least 7.5m view my work www.uniluta.com n www.mygraceland.net

IMHO I will advice you to get your eyes off money and go and learn how to develop a website. That's all. lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? by Kingsonly: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
If u blv ur beta dan me at Ojukwu come up with an idea which whould need php ajax jquery html n css lets work on it deferently I dear u to be better dan me in fact dis is to every one who think pro of him self or better than me, I want to see u do what I cant do smiles just a healthy challenge no beef. Email me if any one is down kingsonly13c@gmail.com
Re: How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? by Kingsonly: 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
Any one who is down should write a php script that inserts an excellent file into a mysql database with out uploading the file to any directory. I give any interested developer to do it by moro am
Re: How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? by Kingsonly: 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
Exel file nt excellent mistake
Re: How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? by cyrielo(m): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
For a bank project wont probably take me up to two weeks. Depending on the features they want for the bank like unlimited staff login unlimited e-mail API for other social network ssl security. Provided i am going to make use of this languages
PHP MySql JavaScript CGI and the other fundamental markup language
Re: How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? by greenmouse(m): 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
cyrielo: For a bank project wont probably take me up to two weeks. Depending on the features they want for the bank like unlimited staff login unlimited e-mail API for other social network ssl security. Provided i am going to make use of this languages
PHP MySql JavaScript CGI and the other fundamental markup language

they will require ASP.net
Re: How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? by cyrielo(m): 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
not just the language but its usefulness i dont see what asp.net can do that php cannt do. even better unless they just want me to use asp for them cause of their love for Microsoft. PHP is integrated with sql and powerful for such e-commerce website.
Re: How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? by cyrielo(m): 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
Re: How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? by Cyborg2011: 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
Greenmouse, I am not a project manager but I am thinking this project may last more than 2 - 3 months, at least if you want it done right:

1) Graphic design and approval: 2 weeks
2) Front end (HTML, CSS, JavaScript) work: 2 weeks
3) Back end (Business logic (PHP, etc)) work: 3 weeks
4) Database design: 2 weeks
5) CMS design for the static pages: 2 weeks
6) Security testing/resolving issues: 2 weeks
7) Load testing: 1 week
8 ) Miscellaneous (people get sick, holidays, servers go down, etc): 2 weeks
9) Dev server testing/resolving issues: 2 weeks
10) Staging server testing/resolving issues: 2 weeks
11) Staff training: 1 week
12) Deployment to production/resolving issues: 1 week

Note: some of these issues could be carried out concurrently, thus reducing time.

Quite agree with this workout plan, its impressive, although Bank Portal is a mission-critical system so as one suggest could save time to adopt CMS (I Mean Drupal), why would I choose Drupal?, security-wise because any threat or compromise on the Bank Portal will result in a serious legal lawsuit, damages, and may tarnish the image of my entire career because of N10m.

Some will quite agree with me because, some time I took some time to study the showcase of some the banks using Drupal in Finance & Banking;

BayTree Bank , Lake Forest, Illinois
First State Bank & Trust Company, Panola County, Texas
Summit National Bank, Hulett, Wyoming
Vista Bank, Lubbock, Texas
Central National Bank, Poteau, Oklahoma
Source: http://www.drupalshowcase.com/drupal-showcase

So with drupal any security issues will be quickly resolved, patched, and take of care of, unlike if we team up and and developed it (am not against that at all).

Still on security matters as it is 90% if not 95% concern of the bank, that with the sophistication and automation of more and more hacking stuff within the reach of lots of guys around it will definitely took hackers more time to find vulnerabilities in Drupal than finding in team based.

We have seen so many cases of bank databases leaked and compromised on some of those platforms, but in Drupal community we have Security team who provide assistance for contributed module maintainers in resolving security issues, there is a global group of some of the world's leading web security experts always on-call to assess, evaluate and address issues affecting drupal's security, so logically you are 99.9% backup, you will only left to think on how to mitigate DDOS attacks, Botnets, phishing etc. For the ddos with Cloudflare Business or Enterprise you might be safe.

(1) Drupal will be my best choice for the Project,
(2) It will be a team work,
(3) Will give time on penetration testing ( Slyr0x will be around + 3 Foreign Pen testers Israel,Syrian,may b one Russian)
(4) Elegant design
(5) No rush hours so 3 Full Months- Project Consultant, Project Manager, well Standard Ghant chart needed.
(5) It will cost around not less than 20M

(1) (2) (Reply)

Web Masters Help Me Review My Blog / [solution] Adsense Failed Identity Verification And Ads Stop Showing / Asp, Php, Asp.net, Coldfusion, Jsp Which Is The Most Powerful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.