Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Shoprite Opens In Ibadan - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shoprite Opens In Ibadan (34883 Views)

When Shoprite Opens In Igbo Land (graphic Picture) / Nizamiye Hospital Opens In Abuja(pictures) / Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by thelonestranger: 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
The service needs great improvement. Majority of shoppers are buying less than N2000 stuff . People with high purchasing power don't want to stand at checkout for 40 minutes. They should open separate checkouts for people buying less than 10 items separate for card users. Also the stockers need retraining. They behave like they are in Dugbe market , shouting and clumsy all over the place. I am not going shopping there again..or maybe early in the morning before idle shoppers wake up.

ujoinme:

That will easily be remedied once nigerian market proves profitable and stable. shoprite is yet to build its own mall on their property in nigeria yet. they are just leasing space in existing malls in nigeria to test and develope the retail chain market in nigeria.

There is plan to build 50 locations of their own in nigeria in the future and accquisation of land has started. A city like ibadan with its population density if backed by sales in this test/present location will easily have up to 5 more stores.

Shop rite has over seven brands of stores besides shoprite such as:checkers, usave,liquor, pharmacy,etc.
and they run almost 400 stores in ZA alone servicing a population far less than the population of nigeria.

If they make ample profit which is their aim in being here in the first place i suspect there will be a lot of outlets in nigeria in the future.

And dont forget that among retail chains globally shoprite is ranked 97th though ranked 1st within Africa, which means 96 retail chains far bigger than shop rite are watching what shoprite is doing breaking grounds in nigeria and africa.

If shoprites experiment proves profitable then we will see a lot of investment from some of the other 96 retail chains in these area because these companies are always looking at new profitable market to channel their expansion.

Retail is one of the areas of the economy that generate a lot of jobs in most countries around the world, and nigeria will be better off with retail chain development.

Just imagine the number of jobs it will create! indigenous supplier it will also create! and the local competition it will generate! remember MTN, ECONET foreign firms birthed the indigenous Globalcom.

keeping my fingers crossed.
and just praying that shoprite succeeds in Nigeria as it will open nigerian economy to a whole new level of possibilities.
django1: I was in shoprite a few minutes ago, I just left, I spent almost 40mins on the queue!

People are just too many! I tried to buy something from PEP, o boy, when I saw the crowd I turned back immediately.

IB need like five of this mall.
django1: I was in shoprite a few minutes ago, I just left, I spent almost 40mins on the queue!

People are just too many! I tried to buy something from PEP, o boy, when I saw the crowd I turned back immediately.

IB need like five of this mall.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by touchmeder: 9:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
i was just beginning to enjoy this thread until i hit a sharp bend. virtually every post was around Enugu versus Ibadan. what a shame. where is the moderator on this thread, these guys just derailed the thread all for what? ibadan versus enugu. hiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Adamu Garba: ‘Cows More Valuable Than Oil And Gas’ / Nigeria Must Kill NNPC - El-rufai / Buhari Receives Ogiame Ikenwoli, Olu Of Warri In Aso Rock Villa - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.